Pakistan bowled out for 297 at Stumps on Day 1 of 2nd Test against New Zealand

Rizwan rode his luck but he kept hitting - any time can get out but he has done some damage today.

On another day, we would have been bowled out here below 150 :))

Excellent cricket all round.

Some good shots inbetween some lucky ones by rizwan

Why is Rizwan limping? Was limping in the 1st Test too albeit sporadically.

Because the wicket is too green and the outfield too lush for one side of the ball to have roughened up enough for reverse swing.

I know my friend..
Actually the overcast condition gives edge to NZ bowling... But both batsmen are lucky enough to survive

This wicket will flatten out by tomorrow.

But it will still have good bounce at least - Pak would ideally need around 300.

Rizwan playing well but he needs to calm down not everything is there to be hit or drive. Must not give Jamie a wk here.

Why is Rizwan limping? Was limping in the 1st Test too albeit sporadically.

I think his spikes caught in the pitch at some point. May have twisted his foot a little. Alternatively it could be a groin issue

Should have played imran butt. Haris sohail's technique is not worthy of a test cricketer. No way anyone would do worse than him in these conditions

I think what Rizwan is doing here is correct, as he knows there is probably a ball round the corner with his name on it. He is maximizing the opportunities and riding his luck, rather than be a sitting duck and contribute nothing to the team's cause.

Faheem and Zafar should do the same, although they don't have the same level of skill.

Another gem of a knock by a fantastic player.Keep it up Rizwan.Shukkar rabba that useless sarfraz is out of the team.

Btw... We are dominating Pak Shaheen vs NZ XI match..
I haven't heard of most of those players in the NZ XI before. I think some of them don't start for the domestic teams or are fringe players.

The 3 innings Rizwan has played consecutively in this series.sarfraz mediocre could not do in his whole career.One of the most useless player

Rizwan has been excellent. If things don't work out with Babar captaincy wise, then he could be the guy.

I hope he gets a century.he deserves a century after playing so many good innings in every Overseas tour.

Good job by Rizwan. It's a good approach by him. He may run out of luck, but he has added runs.

It'll be an understatement to say Rizwan is an upgrade over Sarfraz..

And he's gone lol

Had to play at it, only thing we can say is that could cushioned it with soft hands. But that would hypocritical as his runs today came through stroke making.

Effective innings by Rizwan, put PAK into a position to fight. Another good hand by Faheem can take it beyond 300....

jamieson is a hard bowler to negotiate in these conditions , gets big inswing and mean leg cutter.

Good innings by rizwan.

We will be lucky to score 200 from here.

All the bowlers who bowled are either 19, 20, or 21, those are probably their genuine ages as well.
Yeah, it's a rubbish team to play against.

Rizwan gone, was inevitable. Absolute jaffa once again from Jamieson. Pakistan should target 250-280 here honestly.

We need another 100 runs here somehow. Azhar needs to farm the tail.

That was a poor shot. Could have just left it or played with straight bat. Now Fahim should do the same.

Faheem and Zafar should play their shots, as they are not good enough to survive on this wicket.

Rizwan has already done much better in his little career than that useless sarfraz could do in his whole career.He should have been selected much sooner but he still has 5-6 years left.

pitch is very lively. Don't know how it will behave tomorrow but we can easily get bowled out under 200 here today. I am hoping Faheem plays a blinder and we can reach 275+

Back