Pakistan bowled out for 297 at Stumps on Day 1 of 2nd Test against New Zealand

Anything over 280 and I think Pakistan should be happy.

Man I just checked

Azhar Ali averages and has scored more runs than Michael Vaughan also.

He has better stats than 3 England Test captains who have all played more Tests than him. We disrespect this guy a bit too much

Pretty good deck if you are going to flash at it. Go hard and the edge can carry over slips. Good square to score if you play cricketing shots.

Just one top order partnership could have put PAK in a good position here.

NZD need slightly more neutral commentators though.

Man I just checked

He has better stats than 3 England Test captains who have all played more Tests than him. We disrespect this guy a bit too much

He was great in his prime and one of the best openers but he is pretty mediocre at this point.

His average last 3 years: 31.48 and 3 hundreds in 21 matches. He just got too old and declined. He is soon to be 36 years old assuming his age isn't fudged as well.

200-4? Think to most of us that would be like birthday gift which is too good to be true.

You have two set batsmen at the crease

Rizwan just needs to calm down a bit but they should get these runs

Man I just checked

We disrespect him because of his extended bad form over the past 2 years. Prior to that I had a lot of respect for him when he had become our most reliable batsman and was one of the top test bats in the world.

I hope Faheem and Zafar can get some runs here , Pakistan lower order need to contribute something here

We disrespect him because of his extended bad form over the past 2 years. Prior to that I had a lot of respect for him when he had become our most reliable batsman and was one of the top test bats in the world.

Tbh Pakistan could not have afforded 3 batting stalwarts all retiring together if you wanted Azhar gone as well.

He just hasn’t been able to take all the responsibility the way YK and Misbah did for us

You have two set batsmen at the crease

Rizwan just needs to calm down a bit but they should get these runs

Yeah I know. In theory we should be able to bat this out for a while ideally. In reality, well hopefully they come good today.

He never was , and never will be top batsman , because he was a leg spinner initially , that is why he has limited shot range , if he remains a 40 average batsman that is good enough for his talent

Angling in on a length on top of off stump at 140kmh

That’s got to be the way to go for Naseem on this.

Rizwan back to his hobbling

Is this guy always playing with a groin injury?

Rizwan doesn’t look to interested to stay out there

Tbh Pakistan could not have afforded 3 batting stalwarts all retiring together if you wanted Azhar gone as well.

He just hasn’t been able to take all the responsibility the way YK and Misbah did for us

No, I dont think all 3 should have gone together. The management did fail in properly planning for the future though with a proper succession plan. Misbah and Younis retiring at the exact same time was stupid. One of them should have retired earlier (preferably Misbah) and then a new batsman would come in, and he then would have gotten the opportunity to play and bat in the middle with a Pakistan test great like Younis. After he had gained experience then Younis should have retired. Then depending on how he did, if Azhar and Asad started failing badly like they did, then you take out one of them.

Aesthetically this is one of Azhar’s best innings, played some really good shots.

When Southee jumps wide...you know it’s coming right in to the stumps

Pak have done fairly well today.

This was potentially a 150 all out wicket considering how green the wicket is.

If they get 250 I would take it.

Azhar needs to chat with Rizwan. Too short too wide to be driving at.

Azhar ali has massively improved over the year was on the verge of being dropped.
Also pleasantly surprised with rizwan counter attacking

He's not toppling over across the stumps here like he was in England. That was analysed to death by the English. So clearly he watches tape and works on his game. I like Ali. Overall I just think injuries and age are catching up with him.

He's not toppling over across the stumps here like he was in England. That was analysed to death by the English. So clearly he watches tape and works on his game. I like Ali. Overall I just think injuries and age are catching up with him.

Yes, technique-wise he has looked so much better on this tour compared to england.

Since when did the NZ bowling attack become a bunch of trundlers? Has anyone seen even one delivery go over 140 KPH today? :))

Since when did the NZ bowling attack become a bunch of trundlers? Has anyone seen even one delivery go over 140 KPH today? :))

Southee is regularly bowling around 126kph this series and yet we play him like he's bowling grenades.

Slowly I think Pakistan are moving ahead of the game. If these two get Pakistan to 200-220, I think they're ahead.

Pretty obvious they're bowling within themselves and focusing on line, length and swing.

Jamieson is going to be a gem of a bowler for NZ.

They should keep him away from limited overs, that could mess him up.

Pretty obvious they're bowling within themselves and focusing on line, length and swing.
The speeds were similar in the last test too, I would expect Boult to get his speeds up in a spell or two atleast. Watching Henry bowl sub-130 KPH is surprising though, since he is usually in the low 140s consistently everywhere else in the world.

Back