Pakistan bowled out for 297 at Stumps on Day 1 of 2nd Test against New Zealand

Pakistan has 84 runs in this session. That’s like us scoring 400 in 50 overs

Jamieson's a bogey man, but that's just pathetic from our so called test batsmen, lying down! lol

Fawad Alam wd never be able to score on these kind of pitches against this bowling line up. The bounce is so steep here and with his stance where he is always waking into the delivery is a recipe for a disaster on these kind of pitches ..

Pakistan has 84 runs in this session. That’s like us scoring 400 in 50 overs

Is it illegal to play the ramp shot in Test cricket? Fawad could’ve easily placed it over the keeper.

Well I can't blame the batsmen because these are totally alien conditions to what pakistan batsmen are bought up on, like the pathetic low bounce lifeless stadiums you get in pakistan and the recent qea pitches in karachi you won't produce batsmen with the technique and temperament to play on this Christchurch wicket.

Jamieson is the best Test all rounder in the world, in the making. Future top 3 bowler in ODIs and Tests. Number 1 all rounder. I put a prediction of 2 years on it.

Honestly, I don't see any miracles from Pakistan batsmen. They neither have technique nor temperament.
Unfortunately, only one bowler looks wicket taking.

Most people here have never held a bat. The one that got Fawad cut in and shot off length. That is unplayable.

Abid Ali overcommitting on the front foot and playing away from his body was poor.

Haris was just embarrassing. He was basically a tailender there. Feeling for the ball with the feet not moving at all. He needs to be put out of his misery. He should be retired hurt and not come out to bat in the second innings. Or maybe someone can hit him on the head with a bat so he gets a concussion and we can use a concussion sub.

Fawad has no future

There was nothing anyone could have done about that ball it rose up suddenly. It's not like he played a false shot. Fawad looked well assured in the last inni g and was looking good here tull that ball. He will score lots of runs.

Fawad Alam wd never be able to score on these kind of pitches against this bowling line up. The bounce is so steep here and with his stance where he is always waking into the delivery is a recipe for a disaster on these kind of pitches ..

Indian couldn't bat well against the steep bounce of Jamieson .....

Don't get it with some please name one batsman that would've survived that? It was a jaffa and people already going guns blazing on him. You're a hero when you score a fifty/hundred and a zero when you score nothing. Nobody would've survived that delivery nobody!

Fawad has no future

There was nothing anyone could have done about that ball it rose up suddenly. It's not like he played a false shot. Fawad looked well assured in the last inni g and was looking good here tull that ball. He will score lots of runs.

NZ pull it back. Jamieson the destroyer and Azhar with a fighting half century. He needs to score a hundred here and get, at least, handy contributions from Rizzy, Faheem, and Zafar.

Our real batting starts now. Unlucky Fawad that was unexpected delivery from jamie and unplayable. Jamie is bowling unplayable deliveries here, i think our best chances are we score 250 here and go for NZL and get them out asap. This pitch will not ease down until day 2 last session.

4 wickets down, no surprises but at least some runs on the board!

Don't get it with some please name one batsman that would've survived that? It was a jaffa and people already going guns blazing on him. You're a hero when you score a fifty/hundred and a zero when you score nothing. Nobody would've survived that delivery nobody!

Yea, sometimes people here can be over the top. That delivery would have gotten pretty much every batsman out. It shot up late. Can't blame the batsman too much there, sometimes the bowler just bowls an unplayable one.

Haris Sohail wicket was the idiotic one.

Top delivery but it was also because of Fawad batting stance.

Mate your name could be Sachin Dravid Kallis and you would've gotten out to that. Shukr hai Allah nay becha leyta that was nasty. Sometimes you just have to respect good bowling, nothing wrong with his stance.

They need to reshuffle the batting order here, i think Rizwan should bat up the order and move harris down to 6. Rizwan must play attacking cricket here, you can’t survive on this wicket.

Most people here have never held a bat. The one that got Fawad cut in and shot off length. That is unplayable.

Abid Ali overcommitting on the front foot and playing away from his body was poor.

Haris was just embarrassing. He was basically a tailender there. Feeling for the ball with the feet not moving at all. He needs to be put out of his misery. He should be retired hurt and not come out to bat in the second innings. Or maybe someone can hit him on the head with a bat so he gets a concussion and we can use a concussion sub.

Add Shan to the list. Southee’s pace is not one to bring you down on all fours but even if it dipped late (although the shape was evident out of the hand) the review that followed was even more bizarre.

People need to realise that most of Jamieson’s deliveries had been going across Fawad and this one gripped and changed direction after pitching. You do not play these. If you are lucky you miss these.

Lay off Fawad plz. That ball was unplayable even new Zealand commentators acknowledged that. I dont understand some on here who think he shouldn't have got out on that delivery

Yes I remember .. Fawad Alam was always going to find it tough on this wicket against Jamieson in particular.

Bro it will be the same old circle

Bat well in the UAE/Pakistan....bat poorly in SENA

The point is if pakistan are getting beat with veterans who are constantly failing then no harm in failing with the youngsters who have more scope for improvement

Yea, sometimes people here can be over the top. That delivery would have gotten pretty much every batsman out. It shot up late. Can't blame the batsman too much there, sometimes the bowler just bowls an unplayable one.

Haris Sohail wicket was the idiotic one.

Exactly yaar, on this post i've noticed from a couple you are a hero if you score a 100 but then a loser/fluke if you fail in the next. I'd ask half the guys in here to play against that and they'd all have gotten out. No way can you get out of the way of that, the delivery reminded of Amir's delivery in 2009/10 to Watson were it hit his handle and he got out. Have faith in the boy and inshAllah he will perform but sometimes even a batsman gets foxed and there is nothing you can do. I'm just glad it didn't hit his head so in a way i'm glad he's out rather than hurt.

Don't see it happening. He's good with the new ball but doesn't have the skills that Jamieson possesses.

We won’t have the catching to back him up. And not just that, NZD’s mid on and mid off have saved 3-4 certain boundaries and kept the pressure on.

Lay off Fawad plz. That ball was unplayable even new Zealand commentators acknowledged that. I dont understand some on here who think he shouldn't have got out on that delivery

Exactly overdramatic casual fans that think every delivery should've been smashed, 10/10 batsmen fail to play that.

Bah gawd this Scotty Stevenson is unbearable. Just New Zealand this New Zealand that. No mention of Azhar playing a high class knock until Brendon has just brought it up.

Add Shan to the list. Southee’s pace is not one to bring you down on all fours but even if it dipped late (although the shape was evident out of the hand) the review that followed was even more bizarre.

People need to realise that most of Jamieson’s deliveries had been going across Fawad and this one gripped and changed direction after pitching. You do not play these. If you are lucky you miss these.

Oh yea. Shan is a weird one. I thought he would do well in New Zealand considering he is a back foot player but he has been all over the place. The review was hilarious.

Yea that is a good point. Jamieson is a serious bowler. The bounce he gets plus his ability to move it both ways at pace. He reminds me a bit of Harmison but with much better control obviously. This guy has the ability to go right to the top of Test bowling rankings.

Criticism needs to spared guys, remember the kiwis are on the brink of the test championship final so are obviously a well oiled machine

Be honest, how much worse could Imran have done in place of Shan? How much worse would Rohail have been in place of Haris?

Oh yea. Shan is a weird one. I thought he would do well in New Zealand considering he is a back foot player but he has been all over the place. The review was hilarious.

Yea that is a good point. Jamieson is a serious bowler. The bounce he gets plus his ability to move it both ways at pace. He reminds me a bit of Harmison but with much better control obviously. This guy has the ability to go right to the top of Test bowling rankings.

This same jamieson will be dispatched in asia. These kiwis bowlers are only good at home, we saw in 2015 WC, good at home and flopped in WC final.

This same jamieson will be dispatched in asia. These kiwis bowlers are only good at home, we saw in 2015 WC, good at home and flopped in WC final.

Then they made the world cup final in 2019. Or did they play their matches at home too?

Test cricket is a different ball game to the slog fest of limited overs normally on roads

I think Shan got found out on the ENG tour when Anderson and Broad realised he’s vulnerable to the inswinger after having adjusted his bearings against outswingers.

Haris too, in my opinion, got found out but back in 2018 when he toured ENG. He scored a couple of 30s but was streaky through the cordon and his cover drives were aerial (in the sense of not getting to the pitch of the ball rather than the lofted ones from LOI). He has a good eye but relies only on his eye to play far from his body and is susceptible therefore to movement or bounce.

Fawad got an unplayable ball from a guy who might end up as one of the leading world bowlers. Let's see how Jamiseon does away first but his home form is like a Philander level, just different style of bowler.

4 wickets makes it NZ session for sure. Need a captains knock from Rizwan then a cameo from Faheem. Azhar needs to go on with it. But gee NZ is tough to face at home with this attack.

You'll find this statement 20 times here in my post history bit will Azhar Ali finally be valued by pakistan fans? Who else do you have who averages 40+ away from home with 9 away centuries? Hope he gets a big one.

He will do well for his height if he is used in short spells. Obviously won’t match his figures against lefti (won’t after 50-60 Tests even if he plays entire career in NZ), but he is a fantastic cricketer in making - might end to be the all-rounder of this decade.

He will do well for his height if he is used in short spells. Obviously won’t match his figures against lefti (won’t after 50-60 Tests even if he plays entire career in NZ), but he is a fantastic cricketer in making - might end to be the all-rounder of this decade.

Honestly

Any bowler with 130 plus speed, good to decent control and above 6'5 will almost always do well

I think Shan got found out on the ENG tour when Anderson and Broad realised he’s vulnerable to the inswinger after having adjusted his bearings against outswingers.

Haris too, in my opinion, got found out but back in 2018 when he toured ENG. He scored a couple of 30s but was streaky through the cordon and his cover drives were aerial (in the sense of not getting to the pitch of the ball rather than the lofted ones from LOI). He has a good eye but relies only on his eye to play far from his body and is susceptible therefore to movement or bounce.

You might be right about Shan.

Haris will never survive in these conditions. His feet move even less than they did when he first made his debut. And like you mentioned he plays away from the body. I also don't think he can read swing. Both times he played for the inswinger while the ball was shaping away.

Definitely a great in the making.

Honestly

Any bowler with 130 plus speed, good to decent control and above 6'5 will almost always do well

Wished we found Irfan earlier that man could have ended up as a Pakistani great atleast (with our bowling history it's a big achievement)

Same old story, one player performs in one match and then does not perform in the next

Good fighting knock from azhar here, hopefully rizwan and faheem can stick around with him and at least get us to a respectable score. Though I fear the writing is already on the wall...

Why does the pitch now have a massive patch on it? Water leaked through covers? Or was it like this before lol

Back