Pakistan bowled out for 297 at Stumps on Day 1 of 2nd Test against New Zealand

Poor running by Pakistan

They are missing out on easy 2s

Wow we really had a chance of Rizwan coming in after 100 runs scored instead of having to clutch an innings rebuild like every time.

Haris sohail isn't a test level batsmen

He's fine for odi and t20s white ball cricket as a lower middle order batsmen

Haris Sohail has played NO cricket in 2 months leading up the the 1st Test, didn't even play in the practice game. Yet somehow he is a starter in both Test matches

We didn’t hv an option but to persist with him in this game as there’s no middle order batsman in the squad .. shd hv called Hussain Talat from Shaheens squad ..

One good thing is Paks Runrate. But this pitch seems to Suit batters on First morning day 1. If you look back to India vs nz test in 2020. It was a similar start .

Bounce on this deck is really good. Still think we could have played Sohail and a five pacer attack would have given him ample rest too. Plus Haris and Fawad could have chipped in.

Now however just hope that Zafar gets turn and bounce. Would be great if he can make himself an automatic selection. Can he bat? I mean vs Sohail and Yasir where does he stand?

Bounce on this deck is really good. Still think we could have played Sohail and a five pacer attack would have given him ample rest too. Plus Haris and Fawad could have chipped in.

Now however just hope that Zafar gets turn and bounce. Would be great if he can make himself an automatic selection. Can he bat? I mean vs Sohail and Yasir where does he stand?

He’s a better batsman than them. Has a first class ton and a good average too

We didn’t hv an option but to persist with him in this game as there’s no middle order batsman in the squad .. shd hv called Hussain Talat from Shaheens squad ..
Btw he made 40 off 15 runs in Pak A match

Haris gets out on ordinary balls with very ordinary shot. Abid showed fight and played some good shots too. He was facing the ball at liveliest time. Of course Abid needs to sort out his issues but he is trying hard, Haris looks so disinterested. Playing Imran Butt or Talat H would have been better bet.

The last Test was a war but this is a much much better wicket for Test cricket.

He sure can bat but not sure on this wicket. Also depends on when he comes to bat, if it’s after 200 runs then I expect him to score 20-30 runs at least..

Azhar has looked very good today, and Fawad in his brief stayooks solid. Nazar na lagey.

Misbah obviously thinks they are.

So basically a person who is not fit for his own role thinks two people are suitable for their respective roles when they are not...

Nida Quaid ki hai, Iqbal ka Ilham... 🇵🇰 🇵🇰

As both Shan and abid are regular failures and both in their 30's it would make sense one of them is dropped for a younger opener in May be imam ul haq

Goodness gracious me.. I thought it was serious and he has hit Fawad on the head the way he fell down ..

Jamieson's a bogey man, but that's just pathetic from our so called test batsmen, lying down! lol

Why do Pakistani batsmen even attempt to play the short balls. They are all so horrific at it.

As both Shan and abid are regular failures and both in their 30's it would make sense one of them is dropped for a younger opener in May be imam ul haq

Bro it will be the same old circle

Bat well in the UAE/Pakistan....bat poorly in SENA

50 for Azhar

Looking very good out there

Needs support

Well played Azhar. No need to go into a shell anyway. There is too much bounce in this wicket and one will take the edge sooner or later. Just need to make sure don’t fall to innocuous ones.

Really hope azhar doesnt throw this away now. Need to hang in ther with rizwan and get Pak to a Healthy score.

Rana i hope your boy naseem bend his back and he can wreck NZL here. Pitch is Christchurch is always bouncy.

Why are the playing with such high hands, Jamieson vary rarely is attacking the stumps the balls are clearing the stumps shouldn't they be dropping their hands?

thats a total brute from jamieson, you cant really fault fawad too much, early in your innings you get that, you would be very lucky to survive.

thats the price you pay when someone like haris throws there wicket an over earlier. really that should have been haris getting that.

Our goal should be to win in AUS/SA

Guys like Abid, Haris and Fawad cannot handle the bounce there

Back