Pakistan bowled out for 297 at Stumps on Day 1 of 2nd Test against New Zealand

Naseem could be the difference. He needs to bowl express and at the body. The pitch might just have something in it for him.

Azhar is keen to remind me of Younis jumping on the tour of ENG in 2016. Younis was coming to terms with his fading reflexes and, it is my feeling (no proof of this) also weakening eyesight.

Azhar’s steps are not as pronounced but the reflexes do not have much time left. Unless he gets dropped now, likely that he will play all home series in 2022 and then retire.

Azhar Ali averages more than Michael Atherton and Nasser Hussain

We need to respect our decent players a bit more

Fantastic fantastic player in his prime. These days still produces the odd knock like the century against England, and I’m getting a feeling about this current innings too. Not what he used to be but still a better opener than Shan (who also produces the odd occasional knock which is very good).

Beautiful day here at the ground. Almost full but the crowd is so quiet its odd.

Still though. He has outperformed two ex England captains who are very highly rated analysts of the game also

I’ve always had a soft spot for Azhar. He was a magnificent batsman in his prime years!

Could’ve broken Lara’s world record in UAE...

Abid has set his sight on Henry to attack. Hope he does not overdo it cause a silly shot.

Fantastic fantastic player in his prime. These days still produces the odd knock like the century against England, and I’m getting a feeling about this current innings too. Not what he used to be but still a better opener than Shan (who also produces the odd occasional knock which is very good).

I personally think Azhar should call it quits after the South Africa series and let Pakistan start a rebuilding phase before it’s too late. He might be forced to stay on by the management though

I personally think Azhar should call it quits after the South Africa series and let Pakistan start a rebuilding phase before it’s too late. He might be forced to stay on by the management though

You're right here, but I want him to get 20 test centuries before retiring. He's been a good player for us. Unfortunate that the hate for Misbah often gets targeted towards him.

Pak batsman "we have batted longer than we were supposed to, lets try something stupid, maybe a run out or hack at wide one.

Abid seems to at least try to use his brain. Seems like he’s tried to shift his position a bit more outside the crease.

None of the NZD pacers are express and there’s no reason for us to remain camped deep in our crease.

Watch us play bad when Mamoon comes to post :))

#SorryNotSorry.

Fighting spirit shown by Pak. If one of these can stay unbeaten throughout the i inings and make a spirited 50 odd with others around him all getting to double figures.. 150 to 200 definitely on the cards..

Why is Abid running forward?

Think just to try and throw them off their areas. Not a bad ploy as long as he’s static while making contact. But still remember Sarfraz opening against SAF in CWC15 and standing halfway down the pitch to Dale Steyn and a step outside to Morkel.

I find it crazy Matt Henry has a 50+ average in Tests in 13 matches. He looks way better than that average.

Abid very lucky to still be at the crease. Far from convincing. Azhar has been great thus far though

Abid seems to at least try to use his brain. Seems like he’s tried to shift his position a bit more outside the crease.

None of the NZD pacers are express and there’s no reason for us to remain camped deep in our crease.

Shuffling outside the off stump will work against everyone except for Boult.

Shuffling outside the off stump will work against everyone except for Boult.

Shuffling outside off stump as in moving across? No I was talking about standing outside and moving further outside the crease.

Expect us to collapse to Mitchell after surviving the opening burst from the main quicks. :apology

Azhar channeling his inner Williamson with that second 4

Babar could have been really handy after such a start. Time for Haris to produce something

Back