Pakistan squad for Bangladesh Tests announced

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for the Test series against Bangladesh?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
• Saud Shakeel named as new Test vice-captain; impressive domestic performances earn Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Ali and Mohammad Huraira call-ups in 17-member squad

• Bangladesh due to arrive in Islamabad on 17 August for the ICC World Test Championships matches in Rawalpindi and Karachi from 21 August to 3 September

• Selectors also confirm Pakistan Shaheens squad for first four-day match against Bangladesh ‘A’; Saud to lead side that includes eight Test probables; details of revised series schedule to be shared in due course

Lahore, 7 August 2024:

The Pakistan Cricket Board’s men’s national selection committee today announced a 17-member Pakistan squad for the ICC World Test Championship fixtures against Bangladesh. The first Test will be played at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium from 21-25 August, while the second Test will be held from 30 August-3 September in Karachi.

The Pakistan Test side’s training camp will commence at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on 11 August and will be supervised by red-ball head coach Jason Gillespie and assistant coach Azhar Mahmood. The Bangladesh cricket team is scheduled to arrive in Islamabad in the wee hours of 17 August and expected to train in the same afternoon.

PAKISTAN SQUAD (ICC World Test Championship vs Bangladesh)

o Shan Masood (captain), Saud Shakeel (vice-captain), Aamir Jamal (subject to Fitness), Abdullah Shafique, Abrar Ahmed, Babar Azam, Kamran Ghulam, Khurram Shahzad, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Huraira, Mohammad Rizwan (wicket-keeper), Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Salman Ali Agha, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicket-keeper) and Shaheen Shah Afridi

The 17-member Test squad will be led by Shan Masood, while left-handed middle-order batter Saud Shakeel has been appointed as vice-captain. Saud takes over from Shaheen Shah Afridi as part of the selectors’ strategic decision that is aimed at managing Pakistan’s lead fast bowler’s workload management during the period from 21 August 2024 to 5 April 2025 in which Pakistan is scheduled to play nine Tests, 14 T20Is and, at least, 17 ODIs.

Of the 17 players picked for the first Test series of the 2024-25 season, 13 players were involved in Pakistan’s last series against Australia in December/January 2023-24. Mohammad Huraira, Kamran Ghulam and Mohammad Ali have been rewarded for their consistent performances in the domestic circuit as well as for Pakistan Shaheens, while Naseem Shah is returning to the red-ball side after 13 months.

Kamran Ghulam aggregated 1,025 runs in 11 first-class matches in the 2023-24 season and then had scored 148 runs in three innings against Bangladesh ‘A’ in Darwin last month, including 100 not out in the first match. He was part of the squad for the home series against New Zealand in December/January 2022-23 but didn’t feature in the drawn two-match series.

Fast bowler Mohammad Ali has been recalled after last featuring in the opening two Tests against England in 2022. He took 24 wickets in six first-class matches in the 2022-23 season, followed by 47 wickets in 14 first-class matches in the 2023-24 season. In the two four-day matches against Bangladesh ‘A’ in Darwin, Ali took nine wickets, including six for 63 in the second innings of the second match.

Huraira stroked a sparkling double-century against Bangladesh ‘A’ in Darwin last month. He also had stellar last couple of first-class seasons. In the 2022-23 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, Huraira was the only batter to break the 1,000-run barrier, aggregating 1,024 runs in 11 matches for Northern. In the 2023-24 first-class season, the 22-year-old right-hander scored 961 runs in 14 matches for the Faisalabad Region and Higher Education Commission (HEC). He was part of the squad for the tour to Sri Lanka in July 2023 but didn’t feature in the series, which Pakistan won by 2-0.

Imam-ul-Haq, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali (injured), Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim Jnr (injured), Noman Ali and Sajid Khan were the players who failed to retain their places in the Test side.

Imam managed 57 runs in two Tests against Sri Lanka and then scored 94 runs in the Perth and Melbourne Tests, Faheem took one wicket in the Perth Test, Sajid claimed three wickets in the Sydney Test, while Nawaz and Noman didn’t play in any of the Tests.

What's this? Am I dreaming? They actually dropped Imam?

Anyway saud should just be captain of the test side and it seems the babar and rizwan resting news was a total lie

I can’t say I’m disappointed. This is actually a decent squad. Nice to see Imam dropped meaning Huraira could get a shot. Abrar is our front line spinner and will surely play, I can’t see Salman shouldering the spin load on his own. Saim I’m not too sure of, but for continuity maybe it’s a good thing. Aamer Jamal deserved a place as did Kamran. This is a deep squad, good balance.

What's this? Am I dreaming? They actually dropped Imam?

Anyway saud should just be captain of the test side and it seems the babar and rizwan resting news was a total lie
Good riddance including Imam, Faheem, and Hassan. Good squad announced but Just 1 thing I would like to say is that we are 1 spinner short. Saim Ayub's inclusion is also questionable.

Good riddance including Imam, Faheem, and Hassan. Good squad announced but Just 1 thing I would like to say is that we are 1 spinner short. Saim Ayub's inclusion is also questionable.
Yeah saim ayub should have been dropped, the obsession with sr needs to end cause the fakhar comparisons don't work.

You're(People/Pakiatani Fans/Pakistani media) comparing saim to a guy who won CT 2017 againat India and England scoring on debut. Fakhar was and still is a once in a generational talent ruined by Misbah, Ramiz, Babar and rizwan while Saim Ayub has yet to hit a half century in over 20+ international games he's played.

Yeah saim ayub should have been dropped, the obsession with sr needs to end cause the fakhar comparisons don't work.

You're(People/Pakiatani Fans/Pakistani media) comparing saim to a guy who won CT 2017 againat India and England scoring on debut. Fakhar was and still is a once in a generational talent ruined by Misbah, Ramiz, Babar and rizwan while Saim Ayub has yet to hit a half century in over 20+ international games he's played.
Yeo. They could have included a spinner for Saim. No need to include so many openers once again. Huraira, Abdullah, Shan, should have been enough.

Good squad, but could've done with another spinner ahead of one of the seamers.

Yep. This selection is a blunder here otherwise the squad is pretty solid one. All well deserving guys are there except Saim Ayub ( not sure about his selection)

He should have been replaced with some spinner.
An indication that we are still not prepared to make spin friendly surfaces at home. We haven't shown faith in our spinners for a long long time now.
An approach that is going to prove very costly against England. This BD series should have been used to prepare for the real challenge later on.

Too many pacers are included,
1. Shaheen
2. Hamza
3. Shahzad
4. Naseem
5. M Ali
6. Jamal

Should have selected one more better instead (Farhan)

I'm guessing this would be the XI

1. Saim
2. Abdullah
3. Shan (c)
4. Babar
5. Saud
6. Rizwan
7. Salman
8. Jamal / Mir / Khurram / Ali
9. Shaheen
10. Naseem
11. Abrar

I'm guessing this would be the XI

1. Saim
2. Abdullah
3. Shan (c)
4. Babar
5. Saud
6. Rizwan
7. Salman
8. Jamal / Mir / Khurram / Ali
9. Shaheen
10. Naseem
11. Abrar
Bro dont you think its gillespe falut he stated at beggening he would play four pacers in tests and pak just picked abrar which is a shocker pak always go with 2 spin options which is the right way in asia so maybe gillispe is bringing aus mindset with pace heavy attack

Bro but i think pak coach gillespe got it wrong by saying he would play four pacers hence pak only picked abrar this is not australia this is pak in asia you got to play 2 spinners which pak always go with pak won their last series in sri lanka with nuaman and abrar pak coach got it wrong big time

Overall a good squad but I feel we are missing a 150k plus pacer like Hasnain in the squad which is vital in tests especially in reverse swinging conditions at home.

Saim s inclusion shows that dizzy is looking towards taking the game on and scoring quicker and setting the game up to win test matches especially overseas.

This will help bring in the crowds.

Dizzyball is the new era.

Starting X1

Shan
Saim
ABD
Babar
Saud
Riz
Salman Ali / Jamal
Shaheen
Naseem
Abrar
Muhammad Ali

I would like to see Huraira in the 2nd test.

The squad looks refreshing!
The captain and vice captain are relatively new in the team which will make it fun to see how they adapt.
Good move to experiment against Bangladesh

It would have been an opportune moment to make Saud Captain. Shaan has brought little to the table

Why? Saim Ayub scored 553 runs at an average of 79 in the last season of QeA Trophy, which included a double century in the final.

People need to stop mixing formats. A player doing poorly in T20 has nothing to do with his performance in FC/Tests.

Why? Saim Ayub scored 553 runs at an average of 79 in the last season of QeA Trophy, which included a double century in the final.

People need to stop mixing formats. A player doing poorly in T20 has nothing to do with his performance in FC/Tests.
He merits a spot based of domestic performance sure.

He doesn't merit it based of his last test performance against australia granted he was only given one test series to perform

He merits a spot based of domestic performance sure.

He doesn't merit it based of his last test performance against australia granted he was only given one test series to perform
If players careers were decided on one match then I doubt any great player in history would have become great.

And I would argue that he earned his spot even on the back of that one test by pulling the likes of Starc over backward point and hitting Cummins over long off. After seeing guys like Imam and Sami Aslam hopping around unable to play the short ball or score a misreable 20 off 90, it was refreshing to see a young Pakistani batter confidently stand up to Australia's pace attack, even if it was for a quickfire 30.

If players careers were decided on one match then I doubt any great player in history would have become great.

And I would argue that he earned his spot even on the back of that one test by pulling the likes of Starc over backward point and hitting Cummins over long off. After seeing guys like Imam and Sami Aslam hopping around unable to play the short ball or score a misreable 20 off 90, it was refreshing to see a young Pakistani batter confidently stand up to Australia's pace attack, even if it was for a quickfire 30.
Let's wait and see then

I agree that perhaps the longer format is where Saim might have a better chance to perform and cement his spot. It’s good that he now has Huraira breathing down his neck.

The decision to make Saud vice captain sends a message to true Pakistan fans that Babar and his gang of fours influence is beginning to die down. Great decision from Naqvi and the PCB.

My XI for the series would be:
1. Abd
2. Saim
3. Shan
4. Babar
5. Saud
6. Saifi
7. Jamal
8. Abrar
9. Mir Hamza
10. Naseem
11. Shaheen

This is a pretty good squad, all things considered. Most of the less experienced names here have been selected on the back of consistent performances in FC cricket.

Probably missing an extra spinner, just for back-up. They could have gone with Zafar Gohar. But Agha Salman is good enough to play that role. Besides, with Ramiz gone I suspect the pitches will be more pace-friendly which means we go with a 3-man pace attack.

Really hope Aamer Jamal recovers from his injury in time for the first test.

The best thing is that they have finally dropped Imam. I can't believe he was allowed to play test cricket for this long despite always being mediocre at the FC and Test level. Saim, Abdullah and Hurraira being in the mix for the opening slots is really good for the future of Pakistani cricket.

Lol hahah saud guy as vice captain. That could scored 92 runs in Australia at an average of 15.
PCB are weird bunch and they do weird things.

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Saim Ayub/Mohammad Hurraira
3. Shan Masood (c)
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
7. Agha Salman
8. Aamer Jamal
9. Naseem Shah
10. Shaheen Shah Afridi
11. Abrar Ahmed

^ This is our best eleven for the Bangladesh and England tests. Sarfraz can slot in as a pure batter if Saud Shakeel is badly out of form. But I would not play him as a wicketkeeper at any cost. Even if Rizwan is not performing with the bat. Sarfraz is an absolute liability with the gloves and dropped catches in test matches have a snowball effect whose magnitude cannot be quantified.

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Saim Ayub/Mohammad Hurraira
3. Shan Masood (c)
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
7. Agha Salman
8. Aamer Jamal
9. Naseem Shah
10. Shaheen Shah Afridi
11. Abrar Ahmed

^ This is our best eleven for the Bangladesh and England tests. Sarfraz can slot in as a pure batter if Saud Shakeel is badly out of form. But I would not play him as a wicketkeeper at any cost. Even if Rizwan is not performing with the bat. Sarfraz is an absolute liability with the gloves and dropped catches in test matches have a snowball effect whose magnitude cannot be quantified.
Bro dont you think what has been pak strength it was always been playing 2 spinners in line up you think pak coach messed up by having too many fast bowlers?

Former Pakistan pacer Tanvir Ahmed took to social media platform 'X' to voice his concerns:

"Whether it's the Pakistan team or some of the Shaheens' players, the selection has been wrong. It’s beyond understanding and seems to have been done through coercion."

"Is this is our domestic cricket? spinners have disappeared throughout Pakistan, and there is only one spinner in the Test squad, Abrar Ahmed. Where are our domestic coaches who still haven't managed to develop any spinners, or are they only focused on words?"

"Imam-ul-Haq has been dropped from the Test squad due to his mistakes. I feel that Imam-ul-Haq might also be dropped from the ODI squad."

Wow, surprisingly to see a good squad selection. Didn't think they would have the balls to drop Imam but that is a great decision. He's been given a very long rope and outside of his run in Pindi flat matches, he hasn't done much of note. Tons of good openers ready to take his spot too so it was only a matter of time. Likely to be dropped from ODI too and frankly, its deserved. He is awful away from home and hasn't shown much improvement. Still very limited in his shots range too.

One spinner in the squad is surprising but it also shows you how awful & worthless Pakistan spin department is that they can select only one spinner for Test matches in hot conditions in August and you somehow still feel that is fine because the other guys are complete rubbish. Likely going to rely on Salman Agha for tons of back-up spin bowling too I'd think.

This competition should also help Pakistan figure out who is going to be 3rd seamer on the team going forward because you have two guys in Naseem & Shaheen as a lock. Up to Khurram/Jamal/Hamza/Mohammad to grab that 3rd spot.

Wow, surprisingly to see a good squad selection. Didn't think they would have the balls to drop Imam but that is a great decision. He's been given a very long rope and outside of his run in Pindi flat matches, he hasn't done much of note. Tons of good openers ready to take his spot too so it was only a matter of time. Likely to be dropped from ODI too and frankly, its deserved. He is awful away from home and hasn't shown much improvement. Still very limited in his shots range too.

One spinner in the squad is surprising but it also shows you how awful & worthless Pakistan spin department is that they can select only one spinner for Test matches in hot conditions in August and you somehow still feel that is fine because the other guys are complete rubbish. Likely going to rely on Salman Agha for tons of back-up spin bowling too I'd think.

This competition should also help Pakistan figure out who is going to be 3rd seamer on the team going forward because you have two guys in Naseem & Shaheen as a lock. Up to Khurram/Jamal/Hamza/Mohammad to grab that 3rd spot.
Lack of spin option is just not on you got nauman who just won pak a test series in sri lanka last year with his bowling not sure why gillespe wants so many fast bowlers i am afraid it wont end well vs england you need spinners vs them or go with young spinner mumtaz.

Bro dont you think what has been pak strength it was always been playing 2 spinners in line up you think pak coach messed up by having too many fast bowlers?
No bro, Pakistani pitches have always behaved slightly differently to Sri Lankan or Indian pitches. Which is generally flat with some help for fast-bowlers at the start and later on when the ball gets older (through reverse-swing). Even if you think back to Inzamam's days as captain, we always went with one spinner: Kaneria.

When cricket came back to Pakistan pitches were quite helpful for seamers between 2019-21. Until Ramiz came on.

No bro, Pakistani pitches have always behaved slightly differently to Sri Lankan or Indian pitches. Which is generally flat with some help for fast-bowlers at the start and later on when the ball gets older (through reverse-swing). Even if you think back to Inzamam's days as captain, we always went with one spinner: Kaneria.

When cricket came back to Pakistan pitches were quite helpful for seamers between 2019-21. Until Ramiz came on.
Ya i got your points bro but dont you think 2 spinners are always helpful in 4 and 5th days of tests?

Ya i got your points bro but dont you think 2 spinners are always helpful in 4 and 5th days of tests?
I think it depends completely on the pitches. But generally in Pakistan pitches don't turn that much even on the last couple of days. I think with Abrar carrying most of the load and Agha Salman playing a supporting role, Pakistan should be good. That said, they should have had an extra spinner in the squad.

I think it depends completely on the pitches. But generally in Pakistan pitches don't turn that much even on the last couple of days. I think with Abrar carrying most of the load and Agha Salman playing a supporting role, Pakistan should be good. That said, they should have had an extra spinner in the squad.
Thanks alot bro great points you made

Lol hahah saud guy as vice captain. That could scored 92 runs in Australia at an average of 15.
PCB are weird bunch and they do weird things.
Saud Shakeel had an awful time in Australia but his numbers up to that point were Bradmanesque. Very few batters have had a better start to their test careers. One bad tour doesn't discount everything else he has done in whites for Pakistan.

Also, a Pakistani batter struggling against the short ball in Australia is a story as old as time. He is a good player, there's no reason why he can't improve this area of his game with the passage of time.

I think they could have easily swapped Saim Ayub with some spinner. He is not needed in this batting lineup.

It would have been an opportune moment to make Saud Captain. Shaan has brought little to the table
Removing Shan after 1 test series cant be justified and he was without the services of his first choice pacers.

We don't need to create another Shaheen / Babar captaincy situation.

SubhanAllah what a beautiful decision to announce Saud as Vc

Take that Rizwan!!
Just hope he actually gets a free reign.

If Misbah gets coaching or selector position again, then rizwan will get fast tracked 100%.

Waqar and Misbah just don't ever seem to get lost from pcb.

Just hope he actually gets a free reign.

If Misbah gets coaching or selector position again, then rizwan will get fast tracked 100%.

Waqar and Misbah just don't ever seem to get lost from pcb.
PCB is not consistent with their decisions, they change positions after every series

Removing Shan after 1 test series cant be justified and he was without the services of his first choice pacers.

We don't need to create another Shaheen / Babar captaincy situation.
His promotion was political. Much to like about him but we need a reset. Saud isn't much cop on fast tracks but he will be fine at home and on the SC. Shaans tactical nous was basic, Saud maybe better

His promotion was political. Much to like about him but we need a reset. Saud isn't much cop on fast tracks but he will be fine at home and on the SC. Shaans tactical nous was basic, Saud maybe better
Yeah and Babar’s appointment (first and second) wasn’t political? It’s only political if it isn’t your party that’s making the decisions isnt it?

Hypocrite!

Yeah and Babar’s appointment (first and second) wasn’t political? It’s only political if it isn’t your party that’s making the decisions isnt it?

Hypocrite!
No it wasn't. Babar was the best player in the team and has been for the last 5 years. Babars dad wasn't part of the mafia and he didn't go to Durham on a beaurcrats salary of 50,000 rps a month.

Hypocrite!
"Masood’s father, who is a member of the Board of Governors at the PCB"
Dad has lots of influence.

==============================

With seven scores in the nervous nineties at the first-class level, Shaan Masood was not willing to dally when he reached the 90 during his 125-run knock that helped Pakistan to a historic series win over Sri Lanka

“At 90, I exposed my stumps and drove Dhammika Prasad for three. Next over, [Tharindu] Kaushal bowled a doosra that I stroked for three more runs. I got the strike again and [Angelo] Mathews called the field in,” revealed Masood at his Karachi residence in an exclusive interview with The Express Tribune.

However, that just played into the left-hander’s hands. “I had decided to come down the track and loft the ball straight to reach my hundred with a four. When the ball was delivered, I got there quicker than I had anticipated, and the ball was now perfectly in my zone, I said to myself, whack it as hard as you can.”

Instead of a four, the ball cleared the ropes and went for Masood’s first six of the innings — the third of his international career and by far the most memorable he will ever hit.

All those years spent in dingy hotels across Pakistan, those tiring train journeys, those days of living off meagre daily allowance were all suddenly worth it. He now had his first Test hundred, and as the cherry on top, his guru was at the other end.

“Younus [Khan] walked up to me and said what have you done captain (the veteran’s nickname for Masood)? Why did you take that risk, and then asked ‘won’t you hug me now’,” revealed Masood. “And in typical Younus fashion, he jokingly said, ‘Don’t look at the electronic screen, they have an ugly picture of you up’.”

Masood also kept repeating skipper Misbahul Haq’s advice in his mind. “Don’t look at the scoreboard; play in this innings just as you played in the first,” he kept telling himself.

Misbah felt that Masood was in special touch when umpire Ian Gould succumbed to the relentless pleas of Prasad after twice shaking his head at the lbw appeal when the batsman was struck low on his pads.

“My teammates were bitterly upset at the lbw verdict in the first innings, but in the back of my head I had decided that I wasn’t going to let the decision hog my mind.”

On the eve of the first Test in Galle, Masood had impressed Waqar and Misbah with his batting. “A day before the first Test, Waqar told me that he was impressed by my improvement and that the decision to drop me was one the toughest he had taken in a long time,” claimed Masood. “He felt that whenever I would play I would do something incredible.”

At Pallekele, Waqar’s prophecy came true in a matter of a fortnight.

Masood attributes his success to his ability to adjust. “I can mould myself according to the company I am in, I enjoy all delicacies around the country, I can joke with people from any background and make them comfortable, even in the Pakistan team I have great friends from diverse backgrounds.”

Masood is now no more a pariah — the left-hander has already found a place in Pakistan cricket folklore by churning out one of the finest maiden Test hundreds ever.

But Tests alone is not going to quench his thirst. “Like anyone I want to play all formats. I am working diligently on expanding my game; I have a few surprises in store.”

He has a long journey ahead but unlike past successes, Masood plans on celebrating this one for a few days before he returns to the endless grinds of an international cricketer.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it wasn't. Babar was the best player in the team and has been for the last 5 years. Babars dad wasn't part of the mafia and he didn't go to Durham on a beaurcrats salary of 50,000 rps a month.
Lol no, You're wrong if you think Babar has been the best player for the last 5 years.

In 2017 he was a complete passenger in ct 2017 with many complaining that for someone who was given the reign at no 3 and bashed West Indies he disappeared or made meaningless contributions throughout the entire tournament, The pakistani team was down under the water before falhar showed up in the semi's, Despite bobby playing every game.

In 2018 he was the best and flourished and same with 2019 I agree and in 2021 as well.

In 2020 he plummeted off a cliff with the rest of the side equally deteriorating.

In 2022 he was the worst opener for the entire year in the international circuit with a record low achievement for an opener in t20 Asia cups and t20 world cups.

In 2023 he got outperformed by virtually everyone in odi and test. In the test series both saud and Abdullah badly outperformed him, Then in odi fakhar and rizwan and Abdullah all 3 had better runs then him, Fakhar especially with 4 iconic 100's in a single year alone including one 180 followed by the fastest century in odi history from a pakistani in a world cup.

In 2024 once again he wasnt anywhere close to being the best test batter in the aussie series. And if you think Babar toppi g the charts for t20 2024 world cup when he's an opener, will play the most deliveries in the shortest format where openers naturally have the advantage of avg and more runs scored and will use that as a metric then you're delusional beyond belief.

Babar has been a crapola machine for 2+ years going onto 3 years as 2025 is around the corner.

Lol no, You're extremely delusional of you think Babar has been the best player for the last 5 years.

In 2017 he was a complete passenger in ct 2017 with many complaining that for someone who was given the reign at no 3 and bashed West Indies he disappeared or made meaningless contributions throughout the entire tournament, The pakistani team was down under the water before falhar showed up in the semi's, Despite bobby playing every game.

In 2018 he was the best and flourished and same with 2019 I agree and in 2021 as well.

In 2020 he plummeted off a cliff with the rest of the side equally deteriorating.

In 2022 he was the worst opener for the entire year in the international circuit with a record low achievement for an opener in t20 Asia cups and t20 world cups.

In 2023 he got outperformed by virtually everyone in odi and test. In the test series both saud and Abdullah badly outperformed him, Then in odi fakhar and rizwan and Abdullah all 3 had better runs then him, Fakhar especially with 4 iconic 100's in a single year alone including one 180 followed by the fastest century in odi history from a pakistani in a world cup.

In 2024 once again he wasnt anywhere close to being the best test batter in the aussie series. And if you think Babar toppi g the charts for t20 2024 world cup when he's an opener, will play the most deliveries in the shortest format where openers naturally have the advantage of avg and more runs scored and will use that as a metric then you're delusional beyond belief.

Babar has been a crapola machine for 2+ years going onto 3 years as 2025 is around the corner.
Again to keep into perspective, Players like Rizwan outperforming Babar and doing consistently better then Babar for 5 tournaments in a row now is not an measure of success for bobby.

The fact an ugly legside hack has been superior to him is alarming beyond belief.

Lol no, You're wrong if you think Babar has been the best player for the last 5 years.

We were talking about Tests and for the most part he has been.

Same as Ramiz Raja…

Who was asked to become Chairman of Pakistan cricket
But RR has an MBA and was appointed as CEO before IK in the early 2000s. You need to try harder. And look at since RR has gone and the total shambles the board has become.

We were talking about Tests and for the most part he has been.
No he hasn't.

In the sri lankan test series he was a hasaranga bunny, He was so bad in that series that every Tom, dick and Harry outperformed him with the exception of Imam ul haq who for better or worse should never represent the Pakistan side again.

In the Australian series he was crap for a 2nd time.

No he hasn't.

In the sri lankan test series he was a hasaranga bunny, He was so bad in that series that every Tom, dick and Harry outperformed him with the exception of Imam ul haq who for better or worse should never represent the Pakistan side again.

In the Australian series he was crap for a 2nd time.
Is that the series we won 2-0?

Yes.

King lobby made 13, 24 and 39 lol. Despite that Pakistan scored big, with a 500+ in the 2nd test no thanks to King
OK. But we won and he captained well. Babar has been internationally recognised as our best batsman. That is just fact. Generally when he fails we lose.

OK. But we won and he captained well. Babar has been internationally recognised as our best batsman. That is just fact. Generally when he fails we lose.
1) I don't give a kahoot on what he's internationally recognised as because the main commentator for every pakistani game which is Ramiz raja shoves his propaganda 24/7 on Babar hype.

In the world cup one of the female commentators even questioned Babar's form and placement as an opener with raniz raja coming up and shutting her down and proceeding with more kohli vs Babar nonsense.

Just because you lot are gullable enough to be sold off brand scam products by every scammed you see doesn't mean others will be fooled by it.

2) Secondly that is complete nonsense. In odi pakistan won all its wc campaigns without babar's input, nedtherlands, Srilanka, NZ, and Bangladesh were won with barely any contribution from babar.

Infact generally of Fakhar doesn't fire then Pakistan loses not bobby.

In ct 2017 he was pretty much a passenger, even in 2019 what people forget is that his innings was match losing had haris sohail not covered up babar lack of sr tracks, it's why babar lost that 350 Australia game despite scoring a 100 cause he no longer had someone like haris sohail to do the heavy lifting as he is incapable of adopting a 5th gear like Kohli can.

The only reason this applies to t20 is because t20 is a shorter format and it's a difficult format to recover in if early wickets fall since you have to go bamg bang. So if babar and rizwan fail, then it's next to impossible to recover due to lack of time and the fact that batters now have to play conservatively and waste PP.

3) And no he didn't captain well, Winning a series has no correlation with good captaincy, Babar is internationally recognised as an idiot captain.

Only babar azam in pakistan's history can

A) Constantly put chacha at slip who shells every catch thrown at him.

B) Constantly Go out of his way to not play abrar due to shadab and friendship protection

C) Have no basic reading of the game in any circumstance.

Sri lanka test series supported spin yet babar still went for pacers. He's lucky people like saud scored 200 putting the batting total at 500 because Babar himself can't play spin fir the life of him and struggles against hasaranga left and right.

Pakistan won that series solely due to Abdullah, Agha and Saud putting the total out of reach, not because Babar made smart onfield decisions or used his bowlers effectively.

1) I don't give a kahoot on what he's internationally recognised as because the main commentator for every pakistani game which is Ramiz raja shoves his propaganda 24/7 on Babar hype.

In the world cup one of the female commentators even questioned Babar's form and placement as an opener with raniz raja coming up and shutting her down and proceeding with more kohli vs Babar nonsense.

Just because you lot are gullable enough to be sold off brand scam products by every scammed you see doesn't mean others will be fooled by it.

2) Secondly that is complete nonsense. In odi pakistan won all its wc campaigns without babar's input, nedtherlands, Srilanka, NZ, and Bangladesh were won with barely any contribution from babar.

Infact generally of Fakhar doesn't fire then Pakistan loses not bobby.

In ct 2017 he was pretty much a passenger, even in 2019 what people forget is that his innings was match losing had haris sohail not covered up babar lack of sr tracks, it's why babar lost that 350 Australia game despite scoring a 100 cause he no longer had someone like haris sohail to do the heavy lifting as he is incapable of adopting a 5th gear like Kohli can.

The only reason this applies to t20 is because t20 is a shorter format and it's a difficult format to recover in if early wickets fall since you have to go bamg bang. So if babar and rizwan fail, then it's next to impossible to recover due to lack of time and the fact that batters now have to play conservatively and waste PP.

3) And no he didn't captain well, Winning a series has no correlation with good captaincy, Babar is internationally recognised as an idiot captain.

Only babar azam in pakistan's history can

A) Constantly put chacha at slip who shells every catch thrown at him.

B) Constantly Go out of his way to not play abrar due to shadab and friendship protection

C) Have no basic reading of the game in any circumstance.

Sri lanka test series supported spin yet babar still went for pacers. He's lucky people like saud scored 200 putting the batting total at 500 because Babar himself can't play spin fir the life of him and struggles against hasaranga left and right.

Pakistan won that series solely due to Abdullah, Agha and Saud putting the total out of reach, not because Babar made smart onfield decisions or used his bowlers effectively.
Very long list but we have watched his career. We know, and also the other teams know that he is our best player although recently he has struggled.

Khich ke rakh

Hit the nail right on the head.

All this talk about needing another spinner;

What happened to Mohammad Nawaz?!

I demand a public inquiry!

Pakistan’s very own Wellalage!

As much as I respect Sarfaraz, it is best time to give any of the youngsters a chance. When will we learn.

All this talk about needing another spinner;

What happened to Mohammad Nawaz?!

I demand a public inquiry!

Pakistan’s very own Wellalage!
He is not Pakistan’s Welllage, he is Pakistan’s Waila lage.

Need to understand punjabi to get this.

As much as I respect Sarfaraz, it is best time to give any of the youngsters a chance. When will we learn.
Yeah no I think Rizwan should do the nation a favour and give up T20i cricket first, then we can see who should be doing who a favour.

Sarfraz needs to be kept around until Rizwan understands his antics will not be tolerated. Pakistan should also consider developing other back up keepers and giving them chances to.

Butler is 10x the player and man Rizwan can hope to be, but even he didn’t get a free pass in the Test side, nor did the best keeper in the world in Foakes; that position should not be taken for granted by anybody, a number of players can happily keep for England and they’ve gone for the dynamism of youth, and also utility to keep their plans flexible which is needed at the highest level.

Logically Sarfraz should have been made VC with Saud as captain.

Aka give sarfraz one last test series, odi series and t20 series all as VC so that he can actually groom the next captain properly and explain where to go from here.

After that have sarfraz retire and give him some sort of position where he can take care and look after the new captain and the team(Not coach but if Wahab riaz can become a free travel guide so can sarfi)

But obviously that will not happen because PCB is clueless.

Saud being a karachi born and bred player would benefit alot from a similar home town captain who has a plethora of tournament whiteball experience.

Yeah no I think Rizwan should do the nation a favour and give up T20i cricket first, then we can see who should be doing who a favour.
For the love of God, we are discussing Sarfaraz & test cricket here.

Logically Sarfraz should have been made VC with Saud as captain.

Aka give sarfraz one last test series, odi series and t20 series all as VC so that he can actually groom the next captain properly and explain where to go from here.

After that have sarfraz retire and give him some sort of position where he can take care and look after the new captain and the team(Not coach but if Wahab riaz can become a free travel guide so can sarfi)

But obviously that will not happen because PCB is clueless.

Saud being a karachi born and bred player would benefit alot from a similar home town captain who has a plethora of tournament whiteball experience.
Sorry but Sarfaraz as vice captain does not make any sense.

I can understand if Safaraz was captain and Saud his deputy.

I think this is perfect time to give him farewell match at home
Sarfaraz was a decent wicketkeeper, smart batter and a fantastic leader. He punched above his weight on so many occasions and lead to victories. He was the man for crunch moments. But his time was up long time ago. I don’t like the idea of farewell matches at international level.

Sarfaraz was a decent wicketkeeper, smart batter and a fantastic leader. He punched above his weight on so many occasions and lead to victories. He was the man for crunch moments. But his time was up long time ago. I don’t like the idea of farewell matches at international level.

I am not in favour of them either, but I am in favour of a farewell match for Rizwan, you know because am kind and Ramadan preparation has started today for me.

Shan has done well at Derbyshire and now Yorkshire as skipper and deserves his chance.

As i said he didn't have his first choice X1 in Aus.

With just 1 specialist spinner in the squad, are they going to be dishing out pitches for pacers then all of a sudden?

I highly doubt that considering that Pakistan are probably one of the worst when it comes to pitch preparations.

Best of luck to Pakistan. I am backing them to demolish BD here. Not only are the Pakistanis superior side, BD is also going through turmoil and unlikely to be fully switched on, not that it matters.

PCB should be confident enough to prepare result oriented pitches. Nothing to be gained by roads against BD. Roll out a fast pitch and have some chin music. I know BD has some good fast bowlers, but i would back Pak to win the fast bowling contest. Pak also have better batsmen.. Best of luck to both sides

Back