Pakistan v England: 5th ODI at Edgbaston (ENG Innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zMario said:
Sad...

When England were 50/3, I thought we had a tiny chacne in there. Somewhere, there was a chance.

And we didn't capitalize on our chance.

We need 2-3 quick wickets to peg England back to 90/5 or 90/6, then I give ourselves a chance

but do we have a bowler to get those wickets?
Not really? Unless Afridi or Hafeez can become spin demons, or Rana has just been rejuvinated with some magical water

Why did Inzi take the 3rd powerplay. He could have left it till the last 5th over and even then it wouldnt have lasted that long.

Poor captaincy.

Uzzy said:
Why did Inzi take the 3rd powerplay. He could have left it till the last 5th over and even then it wouldnt have lasted that long.

Poor captaincy.

This is why he was not nominated for ICC captaincy award! Monotonous and worn out tactics are the norm of Inzamam.

One reason could be when batsmen see power play they like to capitalize and play risky shots whereas when field is spread athey go into grafting mode and results into less chance of wicket falling

Just one thing that we do have in our team. Cricket sense or any sense.................We need to select players that have actually gone to any academic school.

Asif has bowled us to victory on so many occasions - yet when Inzi gambles on him and it fails ( in trying to defend a low target ) - all of you are criticizing Inzi ! What if that gamble had come off ? Would he be the best captain ever ?

moinmadraswala said:
Just one thing that we do have in our team. Cricket sense or any sense.................We need to select players that have actually gone to any academic school.

Pray tell me what the term "academic school" mean ?

Abdul_kalam said:
One reason could be when batsmen see power play they like to capitalize and play risky shots whereas when field is spread athey go into grafting mode and results into less chance of wicket falling

I don't think Inzi applied that much logic anyways. If the above logic is correct still taking 3rd pp doesn't make sense. Have attacking field ... but if it's slipping away you have the option to go back and block boundaries. With PowerPlay, you can't have a backup plan.

Asif and Inzi have done good, all bowlers have done well except Rana, I think we need to move Rana to our woman team. He himself said he is rusty after being out of international cricket

moinmadraswala said:
Asif and Inzi have done good, all bowlers have done well except Rana, I think we need to move Rana to our woman team. He himself said he is rusty after being out of international cricket

He's too manly for that

MIG said:
Asif has bowled us to victory on so many occasions - yet when Inzi gambles on him and it fails ( in trying to defend a low target ) - all of you are criticizing Inzi ! What if that gamble had come off ? Would he be the best captain ever ?

But why should we be defending such a low target anyway? This isnt the first time and surely wont be the last where Inzi has made stupid decisions or just looks devoid of any confidence or enthusiasm whatsoever.

According to Inzi in his interview none of Pakistani crickters have gone to schools. They have been playing cricket since they were kids which builds the talent but does not build the brain so they can't think, so they play cricket but can't change according to situation

Woolmer is right about world cup chances are wide open. Any team can beat any team at some point. Afer west indies handing out drubbing to India now England who have been no hoper has exceeded the expectations with the performances in the last two matches.

last 4 overs (3rd pp) have produced 30 runs. Still 1 to go.

gone, i really hate this! everytime i lose hope, i gain more then i go down again....its not good for a young man my age

Ok pls pay attention :

Pepsi is banned for some very pointless posts on this thread. Others can take heed if they like.

bowled him .. big wicket.. a window of opportunity here.

MIG said:
Ok pls pay attention :

Pepsi is banned for some very pointless posts on this thread. Others can take heed if they like.

FOr how long?

And I have seen some worse posts, very harsh MIG

Four 4s in one over of rao iftikhar......PATHETIC,
defending a target of 154 is not easy and even 1 run is equal to 10 runs in such situation so imagine 10 runs or more to be like 100 runs !!!. Pakistan think tanks have committed suicide by selecting rao iftikhar.

Bilsher007 said:
Four 4s in one over of rao iftikhar......PATHETIC,
defending a target of 154 is not easy and even 1 run is equal to 10 runs in such situation so imagine 10 runs or more to be like 100 runs !!!. Pakistan think tanks have committed suicide by selecting rao iftikhar.

dude how late are u

btw, mig i can show you MUCH more pointless stuff from a variety of posters even you at times

Razzaq Strikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colligwood gone .. game on .. pak shud win from here.

Now that Razzaq has done it, just bring on Asif and finish it

I think its a 50-50 match right now

19.6 Shahid Afridi to Dalrymple, OUT, Afridi has another one! That ball drifted ever so slightly in the air, had Dalrymple playing down the wrong line, pitched on middle and struck him low on the front pad. That was definitely taking off stump.
JWM Dalrymple lbw b Shahid Afridi 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) sr: 0.00

Pakistan needs to get colly and read out and the tailenders quickly INSHALLAH

A bit of nip in Razzzler the Dazzler's bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back