Pakistan v England: 5th ODI at Edgbaston (ENG Innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
155 to get for England at round 3/over

No point in Pak protecting runs - just hit them with all you have and field like bats outta hell !

Good Luck !

pakistan have to get early wickets rana i think should open the bowling with the new ball pak needs at least 4 or 5 wickets in bwt 10-overs

Dear me, I didn't expect this when I got home! What on earth was Afridi doing? A complete mindless slog that even the poorest of club cricketers would be ashamed of. I'm baffled as to how he bats so high up the order for you.

And Pakistan are still in this game, if our below par bowling attack can bowl you out for peanuts, then yours can do the same.

But we must attack with attacking fielding positions ...

It will be extremely difficult to bowl England out . The pitch has become fairly flat and even the tailenders managed to bat out the 50 overs. By no means is it impossible but most likely improbable.

Its been an excellent day for English sport. Their hockey team isnt doing too bad against Germany

UsmanCHADDA said:
Whats the use of attacking fielding positions when your fielders field like children?

:)) Good work young Holmes !

But if we dont attack - we cannot defend this total. England will simply score 3-4 singles an over and win.

Chances are that Strauss and Co will comeout with all guns blazing to knock Pak off balance - I think a very very interesting first 15 overs of England innings are in the offing...

evertonfan said:
I smell an England collapse...

your graciousness victory hasnt gone unnoticed O EvertonFan Sir.

We need 3 slips, no doubt.

Asif and Rana will have to be off stump and just outside. NOTHING short!

I woke up early in US east coast but I need to go back and sleep now as no need to torture myself anymore. Poor, careless and gutless cricket by Pakistan have .0000001% chance of winning. Congrats India as they are now number 3. Pakistan equals to a number 8 ODI team. Wonderful!!!!!This sucks I am soooooooooo disappointed. Pak team needs some jotas and rotten eggs when they get back to Pakistan. You'll see Inzi will be slapped around by the ICC as well and PCB will take it meekly.

MIG said:
your graciousness victory hasnt gone unnoticed O EvertonFan Sir.

I hope we win, but this side is ranked 9th in ODI's; I'm taking nothing for granted, as far as i'm concerned, it's fifty-fifty.

And has anyone watched this year's C&G final? Never rule any side out.

Last edited:
I'm thinking an early collapse before Yardy and Dalrymple hit a couple of 50s...

Evertonfan
Are you EVER optimistic? If pak had been bowled out for 25 you would still be backing an england collapse! How long have you been watching cricket? Is this your first series

TaZ said:
Evertonfan
Are you EVER optimistic? If pak had been bowled out for 25 you would still be backing an england collapse! How long have you been watching cricket? Is this your first series

I've been watching cricket since 1996, and i've seen enough England collapses to know that we aren't safe yet.

Evertonfan you are making a fool of yourself here. Chasing 150 runs and you sense an England collapse?! Maybe you are a pessimist or you dont know much about cricket!

howz the pitch as i missed the pak innings..if they ball is doing something i still believe ak can win this

UsmanCHADDA said:
Evertonfan you are making a fool of yourself here. Chasing 150 runs and you sense an England collapse?! Maybe you are a pessimist or you dont know much about cricket!

Why the hostillity? I'm merely saying that England are sometimes prone to collapsing, and any team with Asif in their side has a chance of winning.

Evertonfan
Your team is winning. Enjoy it for a change!

TaZ said:
Evertonfan
Your team is winning. Enjoy it for a change!

Oh i'm enjoying it, i'm just not the kind of person who takes things for granted. I'm more of a 'glass half-empty' sort of person.

Guys lay off EvertonFan ! Atleast he is a little more pro Pakistan than many of us !

UsmanCHADDA said:
When does the match start again?

When Hussain and Gower stop talking about The Ashes and the World Cup. It's in November lads, talk about what's happening now.

MIG said:
Guys lay off EvertonFan ! Atleast he is a little more pro Pakistan than many of us !

Thanks for your support. I get critiscised when i'm pro-England, and now i'm being criticised for being anti-England. :20:

Last edited:
evertonfan said:
Thanks for your support. I critiscised when i'm pro-England, and now i'm being criticised for being anti-England. :20:

:))

No-ball by Asif to start off. England off the mark already without a ball being bowled!

4 runs...we cant let that happen

w/e the sooner this ends, the sooner i can stop watching this misery

6 from the first over

I'd say Strauss and Bell have to go by the 7th over, for anything at all

Lloyd "Pakistan look as if its been a couple of games too many for Pakistan"

Another four to Strauss through the covers. This is hopeless

Short and wide, 4 runs thru the cover

England just hurrying this now

Good shot Strauss, just stay patient and pick off the bad balls, don't do anything silly.

England 15/0 in 2 overs

Strauss destroying Rana in that over. I can see England finishing off this game in a canter

I don't think the Pakistan team believes they can win this

If the team doesn't believe they can win, neither can I

zMario said:
I don't think the Pakistan team believes they can win this

If the team doesn't believe they can win, neither can I
Just look at the celebration reaction, nothing at all, except the crowd

See the reaction of the fielders - they dont believe they can win I feel

Stupid man just ruined his chance of a maiden. But to be honest, Rao looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back