England reach 96/1 in reply to Pakistan's first Innings total of 556 at stumps on Day 2 of the first Test

Shaheen is useless now a days. Mir Hamza outbowled him every time he got the chance to play.

Yeah but this lax attitude should be punished severely .

It could be the difference between a boring drawn Test and a nail biter.

We need a full 450 overs to possibly get a result on this pitch if it stays the same.

Bad for Test cricket if this is allowed to continue. England have consistently done this throughout the WTC.
Completely agree there. They should be punished severely. Slow overrates are a huge detriment to test cricket.

Not every country is going to have nice cool conditions. Thats not an excuse either

All the signs seem to be there for a great PAK performance. The quality of fielding is generally the biggest indicator

Tbf, i still think this game is a draw. I don't see how pak will bowl out England 2x

England definitely wants to bat aggressively and this might be beneficial for us , must stick to better line and lengths and the wickets will follow

England need a double hundred from Zak, he is their main batsman now, even more important than root

Looks like England has a plan to go at 5rpo irrespective of the situation. They might lose more wickets in the process.
They're being stupid. They should be looking to bat 180 odd overs and bury Pakistan even worse than what happened to them .

There was never any doubt that Pakistan is going to win this series.

They're being stupid. They should be looking to bat 180 odd overs and bury Pakistan even worse than what happened to them .
Their tired bro?

They ain't attacking until The 3rd day.

Their looking to survive these 20 or so overs ans that's it

Shouldn't Bazball too much and give PAK chances. They have to go about it a bit smarter
That's what root is their for. Also he ain't gonna get out that easily if he survives this day.

Best chance to get rid of him now. 3rd day while fresh? Very tough

Shaheen and naseem are getting more out of this pitch than English bowlers.

Shaheen has bowled a good channel so far. Some troubles for batters but still, I am not sure if he is gonna do any damage.

Always been a problem for him. Not patient enough
Yeah I'm aware. Good thing is pace is up to 136kph.

So still bad, but much much higher then the 128kph nonsense he was bowling against Bangladesh and Champions one day cup.

More test will be good for him to get his line, length and pace in order

Atkinson and Carse float the ball compared to Shaheen ?
Atkinson Yes. If you notice, he also releases the ball early. He does not hit the ball on the pitch as much as his action would allow.
Carse is useless anyways.

Shaheen was actually trying to hit the pitch hard today

Pakistan's best vet of winning this game is to bowl out England before the follow on. Bat and score150 to 200 and declare
and give England 2 days to chase 500. Force a result.

A follow on means a draw

Pakistan's best vet of winning this game is to bowl out England before the follow on. Bat and score150 to 200 and declare
and give England 2 days to chase 500. Force a result.

A follow on means a draw
correct. bat like t20 in second innings. just go for it.
jamal bowling well. i like this guy.

but man pitch has f all lmao.
nothing in it.
feel sorry for bowlers. you need some magic. maybe wait for revese.

aamir jamal speeds 128 to 136 so far
bit slower than usual

Pakistan just needs to keep it tight. Pitch will be harder on 4th/5th day. 550 is lots of runs.

correct. bat like t20 in second innings. just go for it.
jamal bowling well. i like this guy.

but man pitch has f all lmao.
nothing in it.
feel sorry for bowlers. you need some magic. maybe wait for revese.
England is very very tired rn, you have 10 overs. Gotta fight hard and get those 2 extra wickets with the added pressure of England playing without duckett.

Get root and brook and you got yourself a victory

want to see some pace and bounce. when you watch pakistan you always want to see pace. bring on the pace bowlers.

Abrar is worse than Nauman ali.
Pakistan has no good spinner in whole of Pakistan.
I don't understand why Zafar gohar hasn't been given a chance.

England is very very tired rn, you have 10 overs. Gotta fight hard and get those 2 extra wickets with the added pressure of England playing without duckett.

Get root and brook and you got yourself a victory
but seriously is there not one good wristie in pakistan quetta league right now? surely these 2 clowns cant be the best.
just have some local bully who can bully anyone on pitches that suit him.

Abrar is pretty useless. I fail to believe that he's the best spinner in the country. Zafar Gohar is ahead in all departments in comparison to Abrar.

interestingly abrar vs crawley favours abrar. need crawley and root out. and then brook. rest will fall.

abrar good record vs crawley. 3 wickets at 28 average.

but seriously is there not one good wristie in pakistan quetta league right now? surely these 2 clowns cant be the best.
just have some local bully who can bully anyone on pitches that suit him.
Their are, I just don't know why pak keeps selecting this

aamir jamal is a strongly built lad. i can see why he did so well in aus. need more gutsy players like him with fighting spirit.

Root has looked completely out of sorts
He isn't fit for today.

If pakistan can't get him out today, then it's game over for tmr.

A fresh root and brook followed by crawley beating the ever living daylights out of abrar

Back