England reach 96/1 in reply to Pakistan's first Innings total of 556 at stumps on Day 2 of the first Test

Ramiz is off his rocker suggesting PAK should consider declaring. Anything below 500 is not a good total on this pitch. And they should be aiming for 550.
Mate, this is the same guy who claimed Pakistan shpuld adopt an aggressive mindset and then used himself as an example 🤣🤣.

His commentary is not to be taken seriously. Ramiz can't stop living in the 1970's.

Mate, this is the same guy who claimed Pakistan shpuld adopt an aggressive mindset and then used himself as an example 🤣🤣.

His commentary is not to be taken seriously. Ramiz can't stop living in the 1970's.
He's the worst and dumbest cricket commentator going around. The worst part about watching a PAK series is having to listen to him on commentary

Ramiz has a clear discrimination policy against Karachi players. Tanvir Ahmed exposed this.

You don't like him? I dont disagree, just wanna know a detailed reasoning.

I think he's a good free flow innovative player
Not an issue of liking/disliking. I don't agree that he is a free flowing batsman. Shan and Salman Ali Agha have batted more freely in this innings alone.

Aamir Sohail: “contemporary cricket demands much more, and you need to show adaptability”

Can someone please bring up his debate with Simon Doull in the commentary box

Not an issue of liking/disliking. I don't agree that he is a free flowing batsman. Shan and Salman Ali Agha have batted more freely in this innings alone.
I think he's a good player. In many ways a classical sub-continental player. But there is no denying that he is limited. His inability to play the short ball was exposed time and time again in Australia. Definitely needs to evolve to be successful in different conditions and formats.

Chill out on Saud guys

He has an average of 110 against spin apparently since 2022

He’s your best Test class batsman right now.
He's the only batter who actually paddle scoop and reverse sweep and play the inside put drive and play cut shots against spin in our entire unit

Agha shpuld just slog while Shaheen should defend. No point dragging it out, They ain't reaching 550 to 600 lol.

Might as well try to get 500 and not get dismantled on 480

I think he's a good player. In many ways a classical sub-continental player. But there is no denying that he is limited. His inability to play the short ball was exposed time and time again in Australia. Definitely needs to evolve to be successful in different conditions and formats.

Yeah he's got some exceptional strengths like being very assured against spin.

But he is equally weak against the short ball and can't accelerate at will etc.

Yeah, fantastic modern day strike rate of 46 on the flattest pitch on planet earth, and too when you are ahead in the game. I sometimes wonder why did we force Azhar Ali to retire if we were happy with snail-ball.
Bro are you serious? Your hero got out on 0 of 12? Today isn't the day to gloat

England yet again slow with the over rate. Instead of railing against the pitch , English commentators need to criticise England's own lethargic over rate.

England will need a 80-100 run lead to put Pak under pressure.
This may turn out to be like 1st BD test

If they do that then game is a draw and if they wish to play for a draw then go for it.

I'm sure Shan supporters will be very happy that their favourite captain is maintaining a win % of 0 🤣
Where have even hinted that I am a Shan supporter?

I believe I am a very neutral poster here which is a rarity as I do not take sides.

Where have even hinted that I am a Shan supporter?

I believe I am a very neutral poster here which is a rarity as I do not take sides.
I didn't call you a sham supporter bro. I'm taking my frustrations out on other Shan supporters and seeking validation from a Bangladeshi supporter who agrees with me?

ollie Pope has taken 13 DRS so far as a captain and he called all of them wrong.

13-0

Dharmasina is a worst umpire ..... He always finger up against Pakistan ......

Time for declaration if they want to win or just bat if they are scared of them .

Chill out on Saud guys

He has an average of 110 against spin apparently since 2022

He’s your best Test class batsman right now.

If he is Pakistan's best batsman Pakistan should stop playing cricket.

In test cricket I feel its these type of innings that are most soul-crushing for a team. When they have been on the field for two days and gotten into the tail but someone lower down the order just starts playing with intent and grinding the opposition team down more and more, making use of how tired the bowlers are.

Saud shakeel is just awful. He has no game against pace and he can't even score freely against spin.
He is good for nothing.

I can't wait to see him in Sena countries.He has already failed in australia badly.

Agha salman is trying to do the undo the damage done by Zimbabar and saud

Saud 5ft shakeel has got nothing going for him.
He has no power, he can't even clear powerplay circle. He has zero mental game. He looks mentally so weak.

He has zero skills. He is just a overhyped overrated garbage player

Saud 5ft shakeel has got nothing going for him.
He has no power, he can't even clear powerplay circle. He has zero mental game. He looks mentally so weak.

He has zero skills. He is just a overhyped overrated garbage player
But he is scoring runs. Thats what matter in test cricket.

Shan played 177 balls and scored 151
Saudscored 82 on same number of deliveries. Judge yourself.
But on many other days saud outscored shan. I will have saud over shan in my test team on any given day.

I believe Saud's role was to anchor the inns till the end. It was Rizwan, Agha, Jamal and Shaheen's job to accelerate.
Naw, theirs no plan. Everyone is just doing what they wants. A key weakness in our team ever since Babar and Shan took over

I believe Saud's role was to anchor the inns till the end. It was Rizwan, Agha, Jamal and Shaheen's job to accelerate.
Anchoring is one thing but being stuck at one end and leaving wide four balls on this pitch was very poor.

Anchoring an innings doesn’t mean just to sit there playing misball

Ok this is gonna be interesting
England 800 on the cards? Zak Crawley could beat Brian Lara's record.

This is what Salman did here. Positive batting

Pakistan's batting today:
1st session: 69/2 (26), RR: 2.65
2nd session: 118/2 (26), RR: 4.54

PCB and the coaching staff need to put their full backing into Salman and Jamal as as our main two all rounders...the former spin and the latter fast bowling which is key to any successful side...the previous combo of Shadab and Faheem showed early promise (at least in test cricket) and then self combusted painfully...

Sky Sports' Nasser Hussain:

"They ran out of ideas, ran out of gas really.

"I'm someone who, as a captain, believed every ball was important - you give you best from the first ball of a Test match.

"But I'm also someone who realises that there's only so much a bowling unit can put in before they are exhausted, dead on their feet.

"It was an understandable change in body language towards the end of that session.

"They did look very weary, which is understandable."

Shan must be scratching his head as to why he plays at 100 SR while his teammates are happy with 2.5 rpo. Missed out on a double here Shan by being aggressive.

Saud Shakeel has been a good contributor in the middle order so far for Pakistan. But his SR and playing method is boring like that of Azhar Ali. And i hated Azhar only because he used to score a fifty of 150 balls.

How's stat?!published at 11:04 British Summer Time​

11:04 BST​

ffb50fce-86bc-43c5-a42d-8be4667d9c5b.jpg.webp
Andy Zaltzman
Statistician on Test Match Special

It is the first time England have conceded 500 runs since the Rawalpindi Test at the start of their last series when Pakistan made 579 in response to England's 650-plus score.

This is England's 23rd Test since then and their third 500-plus score conceded in this decade so far - the other being at Trent Bridge against New Zealand. Both times, they have gone on to win the Test match.
Negative bowling might be the answer..

I think Pak will declare once Salman gets his hundred...hopefully he gets it.. He played superbly till now.

Agha should score some boundary and complete his ton , feeling frustrated since last 2 overs and I have no idea why he is keep exposing Shaheen.

Back