England reach 96/1 in reply to Pakistan's first Innings total of 556 at stumps on Day 2 of the first Test

Naseem
Shaheen
Jamal

They will need to bowl their hearts out later on in this Test. They are all so injury-prone. Would have liked to have seen Mir Hamza in the mix. At least he can bowl 20 overs a day without a sweat.

I want Naseem to start hitting Shoaib every ball. No point playing so many dot balls here for naseem.

Poor approach from Pakistan in this session. They've killed their own momentum for no logical reason.

That said, hearing Ramiz talk about what is and isn't attacking cricket is quite ironic considering he was one of the most miserable defensive batters

Pakistan are waiting for those cracks to open up even further. It's a patient, waiting game on these pitches.

You want to watch exciting Asian Test cricket , watch Test cricket in India.

This is a purely attritional battle.

If England's attack is struggling doubt Pakistan's would be any better especially the form they're all in.

Sehwag on this pitch would be 300 not out by now. As a matter of fact he made 309 here right against a much better attack

Naseem
Shaheen
Jamal

They will need to bowl their hearts out later on in this Test. They are all so injury-prone. Would have liked to have seen Mir Hamza in the mix. At least he can bowl 20 overs a day without a sweat.
We already have two spinners, no need for a third!

Pakistan seemingly plays "Not to lose" first and see where it goes. If Pakistan gives minimum number of days it will play into the hands of England.

This is getting so silly - what instructions have been given to Naseem. Now just hit the ball!

That is how you should be playing Naseem.... Another mighty six.

*petition for J
Hope Masood don’t try to be a hero again by declaring.. bat till day 4 if you have to Pak ain’t getting 20 wickets to save there lives here.
Sit down and enjoy the game. Watch what suits you only.

Nasser and Ward are so bored they are talking about India vs BD T20 match while commentating in ENG v PAK Test match.

Ramiz Raja is stumped by Nasser hussain's question. Nothing will happen. He has seen enough games at Multan

Ramiz complaining about pitches having rolled out batting heavens for his Babar and Rizwan to feast on and then claim we have Tendulkar and Dravid of Pakistan in the current PCB regime

From the visuals just shown it seems there's very even covering of thick dry grass on pitch,which won't let it disintegrate. Plus a lush outfield will ensure there won't be much reverse.

This has draw written all over it unless Pak do a Pak on day 4,5

Wonder why they slowed down. I think might be a fear to lose. they know their lower middle order is almost non existent. They rely too much on babar and he failed again

The aussie curator is happily taking a fat paycheck every month for dishing out filth.

How long does it take to curate a decent wicket? The curator probably only had a weeks notice because the PCB had not idea where the game was going to be played till right at the end

How long does it take to curate a decent wicket? The curator probably only had a weeks notice because the PCB had not idea where the game was going to be played till right at the end
Oh trust me they took their sweet time to curated AlrightE.

Project Save Shan's Career in full motion.

Requirement detail: Pakistan should not lose the Test.

We'll get a result by the 15th session. Slow over rate is inexcusable on such a pitch though.
Now you know why i said that this England bowling attack is weakest and grabge

They can't even take Naseem wickets how they will gonna take Saud and rizwan ? :kp

I’ve changed my mind - Naseem should stay there. Both these get to 500. Rizwan finally comes to the crease to hoping to help himself to a century on a flat pitch against tired bowlers and Shan declares.

Would be poetic

Beautiful shot by Naseem. 6 again.
This inside out shot for six was perfect.

S33rb3t.png

This is why I kept telling all those trolls that Shan is rubbish.

Naseem Shah is scoring on said pitch and actually playing better then the king

Can't blame English bowlers though. They are not used to bowling kookaburra on roads. Both deadly combination against bowlers who are used to Duke balls.

Irrespective of the pitch and conditions this English attack is definitely well below Pak bowling attack , They are being dominated by Shan and now Naseem both of them being nothing more than tailenders in International cricket.

Good ploy by England. That plan to get Naseem worked to perfection

Can't blame English bowlers though. They are not used to bowling kookaburra on roads. Both deadly combination against bowlers who are used to Duke balls.
This is just excuse .last time they used same ball on these roads .this is pathetic bowling attack .

Irrespective of the pitch and conditions this English attack is definitely well below Pak bowling attack , They are being dominated by Shan and now Naseem both of them being nothing more than tailenders in International cricket.
So how do you think Naseem and afridi will fear on this pitch?

Both barely get beyond 130km

388/5 - 70 overs left in the day , some1 remind Saud this is not a timeless Test . Time to hit out for next 30 overs , get to 500-510 & declare .

This is just excuse .last time they used same ball on these roads .this is pathetic bowling attack .
Carse is on debut. Atkinson 4th or 5th test. Woakes is a proven failure in these parts. Also Pope is not exactly enterprising like Stokes.

So how do you think Naseem and afridi will fear on this pitch?

Both barely get beyond 130km
They will do better than English triplets and even Abrar is slightly above Shoaib and Leech. Only Weak link is unfit Jamal who doesn't deserve a spot in the playing XI.

I think English selectors do deserve blame for selecting such an inexperienced attack. What is the point of keeping Ollie Robinson out other than 'we don't like him and his antics'? He was one of their best bowlers on the last PAK tour.

Just wait for Pakistan bowlers to have a go at this pitch. Shaheen will look clueless on this pitch.

Now fun will start as rizwan is at the crease.

Rizwan haters are watching him like this

1000050156.jpg

Why? Because he is the only one who has actually taken wickets this year?
Because currently he is not fit enough to bowl even 8 overs a day at full throttle. He was throwing 128k pies in county cricket without any line or length , got removed from the playing XI because of that.

I’m waiting for the day Pakistan learn to rotate the strike

Carse is on debut. Atkinson 4th or 5th test. Woakes is a proven failure in these parts. Also Pope is not exactly enterprising like Stokes.
Everyone know that England bowling resources are very bad and Jimmy and broad retirement .

Don't understand Pakistan's mindset to be honest. Since Shan Masood got out the batting has been way over cautious for no reason. Totally killed the momentum and intent. Is Pak looking to draw the match?

I think English selectors do deserve blame for selecting such an inexperienced attack. What is the point of keeping Ollie Robinson out other than 'we don't like him and his antics'? He was one of their best bowlers on the last PAK tour.
Robinson played one test in India and he got injured. After that he was not picked. Not sure if he has recovered fully. But he looked very mediocre against India.

Back