England reach 239/6 in reply of Pakistan's first Innings total of 366 at stumps of Day 2 of the second Test

Bro what's your take on pak spinners they looked great bowled superbly?
Sajid looks perfect for day 7 pitches like this as his deliveries doesn't bounce but skids through. When you combine with turn it is difficult to play on the backfoot. You will be forced to bat on the frontfoot which will bring many dismissals into play. Noman is okay for this pitch.

Pakistan still need to get through England's lower order yet, Smith is dangerman. So getting a 1st inns lead won't be easy.
Lol sajid will not even let them score ten runs the way he is bowling you getting worried for no reason we knew bazball or england cant play turning ball.

But this is a reused surface - same as the first Test ! That's unheard of. And it still looks a good batting wicket.

Indian spinners would have bowled India out for under 250 (if not under 200). This a great wicket.

Could just sense that Pakistan was a wicket away from getting a few.

Good from the bowlers. We need to really take a big lead because their spinners will become Murali when we bat.

I genuinely believe ranji team can beat pakistan at home and away anywhere anytime in Asia. Top ranji teams.

If that's the sole reason then just keep Babar away from test team. There shouldn't be flat roads just for keeping Babar's average high.
Babar should play for East Pakistan. Useless trash can of a player.

Pakistan took one of the biggest gamble with this pitch. Paid off albeit with a bit of luck with the toss.
Yea only toss lmao. If they lost the toss I am 100% sure they would be all out for 200 Max should they have batted second.

It's not over yet. If lead is only 50 then bucket cuckett and brook will blast 50 in 5 overs easily.

Great fight from Sajid. Really impressed. Hopefully England will be all out quickly, and Pakistan will have a lead in double digits.

If Shan loses this match match from this position, he should not be the captain for third test match

Excellent by Pakistan. A bit of turn and England collapsed.

Pakistan should look to get 100 run lead. Will be huge in the 2nd innings. Its going to be entertaining. Pakistan are clear favorites to win this Test.

Pakistan needs to get rid of tail quickly because Pakistan't track record in 3rd inning is not good. I can see Pakistan getting bowled out cheaply.
Pakistan definitely need a good lead from 1st innings cause whatever Pakistan scores in 3rd innings England are going to exactly match that in their 4th.

B
Pakistan definitely need a good lead from 1st innings cause whatever Pakistan scores in 3rd innings England are going to exactly match that in their 4th.
Bro with the way sajid is bowling its pak match to loose now and dont forget pak got jamal at number 8 which is great for lower order runs what's your take on that?

Excellent by Pakistan. A bit of turn and England collapsed.

Pakistan should look to get 100 run lead. Will be huge in the 2nd innings. Its going to be entertaining. Pakistan are clear favorites to win this Test.
Long way to go. Will it turn like the last session or flatten out again. As a pak fan I'm never confident from any position. England tail will frustrate them and their bowlers will bowl us out cheaply

Long way to go. Will it turn like the last session or flatten out again. As a pak fan I'm never confident from any position. England tail will frustrate them and their bowlers will bowl us out cheaply

It won't get better again for batting. If anything it will offer more purchase to spinners as the game goes on. Pakistan has army of spinners in their line up. ENgland has just 2 one being utterly mediocre.

It won't get better again for batting. If anything it will offer more purchase to spinners as the game goes on. Pakistan has army of spinners in their line up. ENgland has just 2 one being utterly mediocre.
Ya bro great point you made people here are getting nervous unnecessary they should know pak got 3 spinners and jamal batting at 8 even chasing 200 won't be easy for england

Bro with the way sajid is bowling its pak match to loose now and dont forget pak got jamal at number 8 which is great for lower order runs what's your take on that?
That's what I'm saying. Pakistan might have 3rd innings collapse. That's why they need a lead here.

Yea Jamal is more than enough as a batter at no. 8. Good depth always helps in a Test match

If it is turning on Day-2 the way it did in the final hour of the play, I doubt it will flatten on Day-3 and 4.

Pakistan should look for a 100 run lead. That will be too much for England to overcome in their 2nd innings.

Yah, keep the lead signifiant otherwise one of the Eng batsmen can play fluke inning to get the total even on turning tracks. 170 can be chased by just one batsman scoring 70-80 runs. Let it be 275-300 runs and it becomes very hard.

Because our batsmen are worse than England playing spin.

This games not over let's see how we bat in 2nd inns on this pitch
Let’s be clear- your batters cannot win you matches on any kind of surfaces, but you prepare such pitches atleast your bowlers can.

Realistically hosts should aim for getting a 50-55 run lead & then aim to bat for 70-75 overs & tomorrow & get to 250 or more . Switched off at 210/2 so have no clue how the next 4 dismissals came ... any highlights of fall o wickets of ENG folks ?

Some of the balls are staying low so try Jamal first thing tomorrow morning for few overs and ask him to bowl wicket to wicket.

On a pitch which in theory will get worse, you need to be positive and score runs. Most of our batsmen just block and them either throw it away or get out to a good ball.

We saw in Bangladesh test how games were thrown away with poor 2nd inns batting

On a pitch which in theory will get worse, you need to be positive and score runs. Most of our batsmen just block and them either throw it away or get out to a good ball.

We saw in Bangladesh test how games were thrown away with poor 2nd inns batting
Which target is par in your opinion on this pitch 100k buddy- be realistic , not pessimist ? c @Asad T @BouncerGuy @Rana @Mamoon @FearlessRoar

Ben Duckett: They didn't make it easy for us

England's Ben Duckett, speaking to Sky Sports after his 114:

"Obviously I'm happy with how I played, but it would have been nice to be going back out tomorrow - maybe having lost a couple of wickets less.

"But credit to them, I thought they bowled so well throughout that whole innings.

"I felt like that can be a period where they drop off and you can gets some runs at the back end of the day... but they didn't make it easy for us. They bowled well; they were right at us till the end of the day and they got their rewards.

"In a situation like this, if we can win that first hour tomorrow, get as close as we can to their score, we can try to make it a one-innings match."

Ben Duckett: They didn't make it easy for us

England's Ben Duckett, speaking to Sky Sports after his 114:

"Obviously I'm happy with how I played, but it would have been nice to be going back out tomorrow - maybe having lost a couple of wickets less.

"But credit to them, I thought they bowled so well throughout that whole innings.

"I felt like that can be a period where they drop off and you can gets some runs at the back end of the day... but they didn't make it easy for us. They bowled well; they were right at us till the end of the day and they got their rewards.

"In a situation like this, if we can win that first hour tomorrow, get as close as we can to their score, we can try to make it a one-innings match."
FoW highlights touh post karo biradar !!!

Well played Pakistan, great last hour.

I think tomorrow could be a bit of a mad day with a lot of wickets falling.

If at the end of it all, Pak set England 250 to win then that should be more than enough to level the series at 1-1 on the fourth day. Duckett has said he doesn’t want to chase more than 200 on this pitch and he’s right.

Then onto the decider which should hopefully be another good game.

I doubt it.

One England player settling in and tearing down the spinners will see this total be too small.

350 and it’s your game I recon
Their go to approach is bazball in 4th innings. You cannot do that on turning tracks. One wicket will bring 2. Few years back chasing 273 against Bangladesh at Mirur they were like 100/0 at onie point with DUckett and COokin coasting along. Then they lost 1 wicket and they lost the next 9 for 64 runs and ended up losing the Test. It is going to be very tough.

He is a liability now ... bowled just 5 overs too !

I’ve said it here and elsewhere. Stokes was a handy short term fix as captain for England but he is looking a bit washed now and our national side needs to start planning for life without him. Clearly is past his best and one more serious injury from being on the scrap heap. International retirement won’t be too far away for Stokes.

Glad to see PCT finally performing, trolling aside it was ridiculous to see their performances of last 6 months.

Nope, 350 will be close to impossible here.
If pakistan bowl England for less than 300 (they should)

Then they can slowly grind their way to a good total like that. Pakistan will play spin better than England. Bashir has been hopeless

I’ve said it here and elsewhere. Stokes was a handy short term fix as captain for England but he is looking a bit washed now and our national side needs to start planning for life without him. Clearly is past his best and one more serious injury from being on the scrap heap. International retirement won’t be too far away for Stokes.
@James what are the odds that THIS could be a hard fought Draw ?

This match is now Pakistan's to lose( unfortunately they have recently shown a high aptitude in this regard) .

Back