England reach 96/1 in reply to Pakistan's first Innings total of 556 at stumps on Day 2 of the first Test

Ideally we want young players to bat like Duckett and Brook in test cricket or may be slightly slower but still with 70+ S/R while maintaining an avg around 40 , we don't have such players in domestic but we can identify U19 talent and give them a license to bat aggressively without being question about their place in the playing XI for 10 test matches.

England have Ollie pope and we have lollipop players in our domestic cricket.

i know Saud is everyone's darling but why is nobody having a go at his strike rate the guy is making me go to sleep. Clearly they are scared of losing and i dont blame them but this is awful

i know Saud is everyone's darling but why is nobody having a go at his strike rate the guy is making me go to sleep. Clearly they are scared of losing and i dont blame them but this is awful
His s/r in Tests is under 47 which is pathetic .

saud is just playing too slow on such a batting paradise.

I have to give Salman some respect. I thought he was just another parchi when he first came to the team. He’s done well.

Could he be one of those players that starts off in the lower order and becomes a frontline batsman?

Saud and Agha need to calm down. No need to play aggressive here. There is still lots of time left to bowl England out twice.

Who exactly will bowl England out?
Good question, very good question. Next question please ;)
On a serious note, I think this pitch will start spinning from tomorrow afternoon and we have four spinners in our lineup.

what a pathetic shot by salman ..mark my words we will lose this match. I cant understand why they cant get get singles doubles its such a flat wicket..as i say that he is given not out

In football when the balls over the line goal
Should be same with cricket once the balls over the boundary line 6 forget the fancy catching.

I don't get it? Why didn't they just send agha ahead of naseem? He clear has the balls to attack?

Well because he isn’t a tailender and they had to send a night watchman.
But what's the concept of night watchman? I haven't seen many teams employ it in this era. Australia does sometimes, Pakistan does it regularly.

Saud should be dropped for this innings , I’ve backed him, but this has been pathetic

But what's the concept of night watchman? I haven't seen many teams employ it in this era. Australia does sometimes, Pakistan does it regularly.
It’s a part of Pakistan’s tik tok generation trend to send a night watchman to protect Lara and Tendulkar (Rizwan and Babar)

Personally not a fan of this, a batsman should back himself in such situations.

That's why Salman and also Jamal are immensely vital to this Pakistan current XI.

Now you know why i said that this England bowling attack is weakest and grabge

They can't even take Naseem wickets how they will gonna take Saud and rizwan ? :kp
Last time around , England took 155 overs to bowl out Pakistan for 550 odd on a similarly flat deck in Pindi.

So why is this attack an issue?

Played Saud ignore the T-10 fans.. Eng would have been batting by now if it weren’t for him.. grind Eng down!

You want players to play freely? Don’t backslide them with threats of clowns being tipped for captaincy

Saud shakeel is such garbage batsman.
He is batting at strike rate of 45 on this flat road.
He should be ashamed of his innings.
One of the worst innings on the flat road.

Salman Agha is much better than this dump saud shakeel.
Saud shakeel has killed the momentum along with Zimbabar.

Saud shakeel is such garbage batsman.
He is batting at strike rate of 45 on this flat road.
He should be ashamed of his innings.
One of the worst innings on the flat road.
It would be criminal if he doesn't score a ton after all this horrible show and I am having a feeling that he will not get his ton as he is being super negative and success doesn't follow negativity.

Rizwan is also responsible he should have scored runs on this batting paradise.

Lots of time in the game yet. Just need to keep going for now. England can collapse when batting too. If we get some quick wickets can take the sting out of their tail.

Lots of time in the game yet. Just need to keep going for now. England can collapse when batting too. If we get some quick wickets can take the sting out of their tail.
For that to happen, the pitch should be helpful for at least one type of bowling

Bro saud you need to stop getting out in the softest way possible? What is this weird obsession?

Pakistan shouldn't worry about the RR at this stage.... Just bat long and score big

Very disappointing innings by Saud, if you’re going to play the way you did, you better get a big hundred.

Pakistan shouldn't worry about the RR at this stage.... Just bat long and score big
On the contrary, they should attack. I can’t see the tail lasting very long.

It all goes together. Make runs, demoralise the opposition and make more runs cos they’re demoralised on this flat deck.

Honestly, it’s not rocket science

Well that was a beautiful ball by Bashir
True - but I just can’t understand the rest of the innings. He should have been on at least 130 and the team 500 by the time he got that ball.

Aamir Sohail and Ramiz Raja criticising Saud for not having a proactive approach…

The guys who defended Babar and Rizwan as if their livelihoods depended on it for their run a ball approach in the powerplay of T20s.

Hypocrites

Aamir Sohail: “the ball Shakeel got out to wasn’t particularly a great delivery”

Which one was then? The one Rizwan got out to?

Poor knock by Saud. Played himself into a shell.

Such a limited player. Can't play pace. Can't play white ball cricket. Can't accelerate even when set.

Aamir Sohail and Ramiz Raja criticising Saud for not having a proactive approach…

The guys who defended Babar and Rizwan as if their livelihoods depended on it for their run a ball approach in the powerplay of T20s.

Hypocrites
I noticed that too.

Poor knock by Saud. Played himself into a shell.

Such a limited player. Can't play pace. Can't play white ball cricket. Can't accelerate even when set.
You don't like him? I dont disagree, just wanna know a detailed reasoning.

I think he's a good free flow innovative player

@gazza619 you were watching Saud Shakeel closely?
Yeah, fantastic modern day strike rate of 46 on the flattest pitch on planet earth, and too when you are ahead in the game. I sometimes wonder why did we force Azhar Ali to retire if we were happy with snail-ball.

Back