England reach 96/1 in reply to Pakistan's first Innings total of 556 at stumps on Day 2 of the first Test

Imagine Bangladesh team creating a psychological impact on how Pakistan bats in Tests. As outlandish it sounds it has some truth to it.

I think English selectors do deserve blame for selecting such an inexperienced attack. What is the point of keeping Ollie Robinson out other than 'we don't like him and his antics'? He was one of their best bowlers on the last PAK tour.
Robinson that year was fit and bowling at least 132-133 kph on average and is very effective bowling at those speeds.

But when he trundlers and bowls 4-5 kph less , he's a very mediocre bowler.

That's why they dropped him.

Imagine Bangladesh team creating a psychological impact on how Pakistan bats in Tests. As outlandish it sounds it has some truth to it.
They remember scoring 450+ and then declaring , pretty sure they will not do the same thing again and will look to score atleast 550 hence they are batting slow.

Robinson that year was fit and bowling at least 132-133 kph on average and is very effective bowling at those speeds.

Most of the bowlers bowls around 133-137k speed in test cricket and it's perfectly acceptable , some of them bowl even more and some even less but it doesn't matter as long as the bowler is taking wicket at whatever pace he bowls at.

Robinson played one test in India and he got injured. After that he was not picked. Not sure if he has recovered fully. But he looked very mediocre against India.

Personally I think he is a very mediocre bowler. But he did perform well in Pakistan and was a key reason for them winning the Multan test. I think he would have been a much better option than Woakes or Carse. Eventhough he is basically a 120 kph bowler, he is far more disciplined.

Most of the bowlers bowls around 133-137k speed in test cricket and it's perfectly acceptable , some of them bowl even more and some even less but it doesn't matter as long as the bowler is taking wicket at whatever pace he bowls at.
Robinson wasn't taking wickets. He was barely fit. Wicketless in his last 2 Tests

Pak will be dismissed for 450 I predicted

England will smash 550 in no time and win the test

Because currently he is not fit enough to bowl even 8 overs a day at full throttle. He was throwing 128k pies in county cricket without any line or length , got removed from the playing XI because of that.
Have you seen Shaheen and Naseem's fitness? They were struggling to hit 130 kph in their second and third spells against Bangladesh.

Rizwan lost his place to sarfraz after last english series. He doesn't fancy england at all

Don't really blame rizwan for that shot, unacceptable to have scored 150 in the last 60 overs Vs these bowlers on this wicket.
It can happen from time to time that you get out over attacking.

Guys like shan, shafique and shakeel are playing out of their skin, it's not that they are trying to win for pakistan... They are simply securing their place for next 3 series.... They will be back to their mediocrity after this test match...

Real poor effort so far with bat on day 2. Doesn't look like will even get close to 500 now, the negative go slow as undone all the good work on day 1.

Pathetic stuff from rizwan

Saud needs to get a huge 100 if he's going to play like a snail

The problem with Pakistan is not the pitches, but their approach on these pitches. If a batter like Shan can come out and hit 150 at a SR of 80+ why can't the others? Especially when its evident that the pitch has no lateral movement, pace or bounce? On pitches like these every batter should be aiming to score at a SR of 70 plus. At most one player like Saud Shakeel can bat at his own tempo. But every batter should not be batting at their own tempo on a pitch like this.

Its not rocket science. Scoring 600+ in 2 days is obviously better than scoring 500+ in 2 days. Your chances of winning and not losing increase when you score more runs. Most PAK batters unfortunately fear failure and don't have the killer instinct you need to dominate the opposition.

any thing less than 600 we are not safe i am telling you. These pitches have been prepared to get draws for us and bore rest of broadcasters but we have lost last 9 matches or so what is the point.

Sky Sports' Michael Atherton:

"It's not been epic viewing by any means. It was a slow burner of a morning but a very good one with Pakistan not out of sight.

"England have the chance to bowl Pakistan out around that 450 mark if things go well.

"And on this surface, you have to take that, you have to take that. Particularly after their captain and Abdullah Shafique go the centuries, they would've been eyeing up 500.

"Equally, the run rate this morning means Pakistan haven't been able to get away.

"England have created pressure at times. There was that edge from Naseem Shah that didn't carry, that's a measure of how slow this pitch is and how difficult it is to blast a side out."

I just checked the score card. Gone for a 0 haha
It’s mental games by the legend. He’s making England worried that the pitch might be breaking up. This 0 will scare England now that Rizzu Symonds couldn’t score on this track

It’s mental games by the legend. He’s making England worried that the pitch might be breaking up. This 0 will scare England now that Rizzu Symonds couldn’t score on this track
This is why runs matter, but Albert Einstein's were telling me that rizzu form in a one day tournament doesn't matter.

Oh bhai it was the most recent tournament and he's facing rubbish on rubbish pitches and you think all that magically dissappears just because he's now playing Test?

Pakistan is in good position with 397 already on the board, two inform batters on the crease and two sloggers still to come. They will have just over 3 days to bowl England out twice.

This is why runs matter, but Albert Einstein's were telling me that rizzu form in a one day tournament doesn't matter.

Oh bhai it was the most recent tournament and he's facing rubbish on rubbish pitches and you think all that magically dissappears just because he's now playing Test?
Einstein sir is going to be busy and will not be responding until the next Test match I believe. Some of his findings have turned out to be horribly incorrect.

Pakistan is in good position with 397 already on the board, two inform batters on the crease and two sloggers still to come. They will have just over 3 days to bowl England out twice.
Yes bro we have Lillee, Warne and Ambrose in our attack

Pakistan's batting comparison:

Day 1, 1st session: 122/1 (25), RR: 4.88
Day 2, 1st session: 69/2 (26), RR: 2.65

Pathetic approach

Pak batters can't accelerate under these conditions even against minnow level bowling attack? Better to replace the so called stars.

Sky Sports' Michael Atherton speaking:

"I remember the anticipation from the 2022 tour. I think there's a lesson for the game there too.

"We're playing this match barely a week after England's international season, so somethings the game doesn't allow for that sense of anticipation.

"Pakistan is a hard place to come and win and the manner of England's win in 2022 was one of their greatest victories abroad.

"There was a whole combination of things that went England's way.

"I remember saying Stokes will be one of the greatest England captain of all time and that just cemented the statement.

"The way he never let things settle, he was always proactive about how to take wickets.

"England will think about how to win this game."

You lot have so much time on your hands to sit and watch this the whole day.
To be honest bro it's because recently I've been super active cause my uni is almost over and I'll take a break after that.

So atm I have nothing to do. I'll be less active next year so might as well contribute and spread the truth as much as I can.

I accepted my path to hell when I took on the challenge to bring aus and pak realities to life 🫠.

Actually it's true and we don't have any one in domestic cricket who can play aggressive brand of cricket on a consistent basis but no harm in trying and grooming any young talented player to do that.
You don’t have anyone who can score 30 off 71?

Back