Pakistan v England | Tri-Nation U19 ODI | Columbo | 24/1/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak U-19's are really good.

Eng 39-4 Overs 11.0

muhammad AMir shud be playing for national team right now, along with Sohail khan

can we trade our national team bowlers with these u19s ?

The return of Muhammad Aamer, good to see and the wickets tumbling already.

very tight finish

we need 17 runs from 9 balls. Just 1 wicket in hand.

Not too fussed about the result. The positive is that Mohammad Aamir is back and back with a bang! 4 wickets with 3 of them edged/lbw/bowled.

It's all over.

Salahuddin is out the next ball :-(

Need Aamer in full team- where the hell are Jamshaid Ahmed Anwar Ali and Akhtar Ayub in terms of full Pak honours?!!!

Hassan Mahmood said:
It's all over.

Salahuddin is out the next ball :-(

Need Aamer in full team- where the hell are Jamshaid Ahmed Anwar Ali and Akhtar Ayub in terms of full Pak honours?!!!

Aamir has just returned Yes, let's just hand out debuts willy nilly. Why not just make our senior team a bunch of 17 year olds? He has promise and he looks an exciting prospect, but please...don't get ahead of yourself.

Jamshed has been playing FC cricket with some success.
Anwar Ali and Akhtar Ayub have been sniffing around selection for the senior team for a bit. Both have represented the A team I believe and are normally in the squad for A team cricket and warm up games when teams tour here. They will get their chance.

They're not exactly all 17 year-old right? They're older. If they're good enough, they're old enough. Look at Irfan Pathan who came in at 19.

It's better than relying 100% on guys who always get injured and jokers like Junaid Zia and Samiullah.

I ain't getting ahead of anything. I jus think it's a good idea to play them in some ODIs.

I believe that Mohammed Aamer stands out as the brightest pace prospect from the U-19 team in the last 6 years. It is no suprise to see that his first two wickets came via a bowled and an lbw. He is the kind of bowler who looks for that attacking full length and has the pace to match it.

He may only be 17, but the PCB need to formulate a strategy which identifies talent like him to fast track his progress into the senior team. Fitness training, diet and workload need to be addressed right now so that he is nurtured to achieve his full potential. This is why I strongly believe that the central contract pool should be extended to U-19 level to safeguard the future. A monthly retainer for the brightest young prospects would encourage them even further and offer them some financial security. They should also train on a regular basis with the senior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back