Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st Test - Day 5 | Dunedin | 28/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seen Sheen

ODI Debutant
Runs
well,minimum overs to be bowled today would be around 105.so :moyo needs to get the rem.wickets quickly and then he himself should lead the chase..
NZ -1st Inns- 429
Pakistan-1st inns- 332
NZ-2nd inns- 147/8
(NZ lead by 244 with 2 Wickets remaining)

Last edited:
number of overs is decided by light & weather....LOLZ

itduzz said:
number of overs is decided by light & weather....LOLZ
I forgot to add "provided rain and light permits" :) but chances of rain are 3% so....

USaqaf said:
Draw looms.
:13: with batting line up pakistan have,draw is not a possibility..They'll either crumble or chase it down..I hope they dont bat defensively,having draw in their minds :(

I'll take a draw.

I can only see a Pak collapse - hence NZ victory

Oxy said:
I'll take a draw.

I can only see a Pak collapse - hence NZ victory
Draw means Pakistan batting for 90 ovs,so do you think that we cant score 270ish in 90 overs,with the agressors like :umarakmal,:akmal and :moyo,who himself maintains a nice strike rate..?? :13:
or are you praying for the rain? :13: :inzi

Two possible results:-
Pak win
NZ win

anything over 250 will be very difficult, if our openers don't click. A century by Farhat will be interesting.:)

Seen Sheen said:
Draw means Pakistan batting for 90 ovs,so do you think that we cant score 270ish in 90 overs,with the agressors like :umarakmal,:akmal and :moyo,who himself maintains a nice strike rate..?? :13:
or are you praying for the rain? :13: :inzi

Two possible results:-
Pak win
NZ win
Draw is possible if NZ inning ends around lunch time

insaaniyat said:
anything over 250 will be very difficult, if our openers don't click. A century by Farhat will be interesting.:)
If Farhat even scores all the runs,I would still drop him for the 2nd test :pissed: :pissed: due to the holes in his hands and the buttering fingers he has

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen Sheen said:
Draw means Pakistan batting for 90 ovs,so do you think that we cant score 270ish in 90 overs

I think NZ tail will wag for 20 overs...

insaaniyat said:
Draw is possible if NZ inning ends around lunch time

At this moment I can only see a NZ win.

The best chance NZ have winning is getting bowled out in the first few overs and putting pressure on pak straight away. Pak will be uncertain whether to go for win or draw and will end up making their usual mistakes.

Hope I am proved wrong!

Oxy said:
I think NZ tail will wag for 20 overs...
I see down with Aamer and/or Asif threads coming.

If Pakistan gets to chase 275 with 80 overs and no rain then they should try it. Openers please stay for 10 overs - perhaps just play like ODIs as they do the same anyway and may score more that way

pak4life said:
At this moment I can only see a NZ win.

The best chance NZ have winning is getting bowled out in the first few overs and putting pressure on pak straight away. Pak will be uncertain whether to go for win or draw and will end up making their usual mistakes.

Hope I am proved wrong!
Pak team should take the field today with only 1 result in their minds,i-e,WIN

12thMan said:
I see down with Aamer and/or Asif threads coming.

If Pakistan gets to chase 275 with 80 overs and no rain then they should try it. Openers please stay for 10 overs - perhaps just play like ODIs as they do the same anyway and may score more that way
Why arent you people hopeful that :asif would get rid of the no.10 and 11 within first 7 overs :13: ....or maybe the first two balls:p

Seen Sheen said:
Why arent you people hopeful that :asif would get rid of the no.10 and 11 within first 7 overs :13: ....or maybe the first two balls:p
i would rather see them play till lunch. Asif would get rid of them. But you forgot about Bonds:)

Seen Sheen said:
and if he fails, we need a strike bowler. He can go from being captain to someone fighting for a spot

insaaniyat said:
i would rather see them play till lunch. Asif would get rid of them. But you forgot about Bonds:)
Defensive approach=curtains for pakistan

Seen Sheen said:
Defensive approach=curtains for pakistan
we lose match in two session and we win in two session. The less time we have to chase small total, better the chances for our win

In the unlikely case that Pak nears a winning situation crybaby Vettori will start bowling a negative line, way down the leg side!!!!!

CricketBuff said:
In the unlikely case that Pak nears a winning situation crybaby Vettori will start bowling a negative line, way down the leg side!!!!!

oh at least we will get to see there tue colour's

saeed-sohail said:
I predict a match winning knock by Imran farhat.

id rather lose than have farhat win the game..........i really dont want this guy in the next game

Salam ladies and gents, everyone looking forward to Farhat taking us to victory?

Raz said:
Salam ladies and gents, everyone looking forward to Farhat taking us to victory?
I will love it. Pakistan wins and don't matter who the batsmen is/are

coy0607 said:
id rather lose than have farhat win the game..........i really dont want this guy in the next game
Thats a disgraceful comment.

So what are the odds that Zee Cinemas highlights show will over run the live action?

Or they might just cut it short?

coy0607 said:

Always good to have one of you in the match thread - keeps me on my toes...

I'm surprised that Aamer hasnt been given the ball today.

Now Gul bowling. I guess I only watched one ball from Asif as I heard the name. Maybe completing the over from last night

Oxy said:
So what are the odds that Zee Cinemas highlights show will over run the live action?

Or they might just cut it short?

Shocking! Asian channels get away with murder. They showed 1 NZ wkt!

Last edited:
Saj said:
Thats a disgraceful comment.

Oxy said:
Always good to have one of you in the match thread - keeps me on my toes...

ok so say farhat scores a century and wins the game...that means he has a guaranteed spot for the next 6 months, and with the pressure gone its highly unlikely he scores any more big runs.....but think of all the catches he will drop, yousuf has made it clear that as long as farhat is in the team he is going to be at first slip.....for 1 win hes gonna end up costing up hundreds of runs with his drop catches

coy0607 said:
ok so say farhat scores a century and wins the game...that means he has a guaranteed spot for the next 6 months, and with the pressure gone its highly unlikely he scores any more big runs.....but think of all the catches he will drop, yousuf has made it clear that as long as farhat is in the team he is going to be at first slip.....for 1 win hes gonna end up costing up hundreds of runs with his drop catches

Ok, so say Farhat scores a century and wins the game...thats good enough for - a Pak fan. Thats all I watch Pak cricket for.

Winning

Akmal probably needs to move in 2 yds...not carrying

The balls keeping a bit low.

Asif getting a bit of outswing. Gul, no movement in his first over.

coy0607 said:
I support the team, I dont support individual players.

I couldnt care less whether number 1 or number 11 scores a century, as long as we win.

Surely a dying, slow and front foot wicket is perfect for Pakistani batsmen to score on.

Wow indeed! Exaggerated seam - cut in viciously!

It seems very difficult to play free playing strokes now. Chasing 250 will be difficult if NZ bowl straight.

150 on the board for the kiwis

Come on Pakistan we need these 2 wickets quick!

InshahAllah come on boys!

Oooh, beauty by Gul. We're unlucky not to have made the breakthrough yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back