Pakistan v New Zealand | Napier | 3rd Test - Day 3 | 13/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like these two, I can't help but feel that Azhar Ali/Ahmed Shehzad would be better.

But these two have the potential to form a class opening partnership. I realize it's a flat track, but even then it's a big deal.

Its hard to believe that our top 6 apart from farhat scored a grand total 15 runs in first innings on this track.

iZeeshan said:
As much as I like these two, I can't help but feel that Azhar Ali/Ahmed Shehzad would be better.

But these two have the potential to form a class opening partnership. I realize it's a flat track, but even then it's a big deal.
considering the situation, it is a job well done so far. However their job is not finished yet. First step would be to close the day without any loss Insha-Allah

Last edited:
Momo said:
I am sorry, I meant Greenidge-Haynes.
I won't put them in Gren-Haynes Category yet, though They are definitely better than Langer-Hayden.

Waqar is saying runs are not that important, it's the time. I disagree, both are important, killing time won't be easy. We need to keep scoring runs too

hi imshally

Pakistan on course for a historic win here. Inshaallah.

They really need to rotate the strike more.

Can't just go for the draw, that's boring.

iZeeshan said:

it is almost end of the day, so let's us hope they survive. Draw is not on the card at this moment.

iZeeshan said:

they're trying not to lose any wicket before the end of the day.

Didn't watch Pak bowling today. Did Aamir not bowl today? Is he injured? If so how serious?

hashmist said:
Didn't watch Pak bowling today. Did Aamir not bowl today? Is he injured? If so how serious?

He did bowl today. He's even padded up to come as nightwatchman if required.

This series continues to entertain with it's twists and turns.

I thought Pakistan were gone for all money, then along comes a 127 run opening stand for the openers. 3 overs left in day's play so day 4 will start with NZ with 120ish run lead.

6 sessions to go! Cheers to both teams for giving us neutrals some decent cricket to watch!

Let's do some arithmetic here.
Two century + scores = 250
Three half-centuries = 175
Mohammad Aamer = 95* (31)
Total = 520
Lead = 520 - 248 (is it?) = 272

Momo said:
Let's do some arithmetic here.
Two century + scores = 250
Three half-centuries = 175
Mohammad Aamer = 95* (31)
Total = 520
Lead = 520 - 248 (is it?) = 272
very realistic :)

The pitch has flattened out. But it still offers more assistance as oppossed to the average track in Pakistan.

y r these two batting so slowly?

hopefully u akmal comes in next, ideally tomorrow, pak need a lead 250-300 runs to have a chance and have a full day to bowl nz out. this is only possible if u akmal scores very quickly and kaneria will be a hand full for the kiwis

i think butt and farhat purposely playing slow to secure their spots with centuries

well done.. its 6am here in uk, going to bed now gdnyt every one see u tommorw inshallah khudafis x

Good Day

tomorrow our plan should be to see off first 30 minutes then pick up the rate

i would like to see of the lead/maybe close to it by lunch

Last edited:
great job done by the openers...have to maintain this progress tomorrow to have a chance of victory

pak-admirer said:

hopefully u akmal comes in next, ideally tomorrow, pak need a lead 250-300 runs to have a chance and have a full day to bowl nz out. this is only possible if u akmal scores very quickly and kaneria will be a hand full for the kiwis

i think butt and farhat purposely playing slow to secure their spots with centuries
Can't please some people

pak-admirer said:

By looking at the deficit, they did a great job. Tomorrow first goal should be to erase the deficit.

good job guyz... never know how much pressure you deal with... being pakistan's openers!!!! but great job .. *claps*

well done boyz...only 121 go to..then we can give nz 300 to chase and let dani take care of them on the last day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back