Pakistan v South Africa l 2nd Test | Dubai | 23/10/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aman

Test Captain
Runs
The news is Amla is out the toss should take place in about an hour.

I really hope Pakistan bat first and bat well. Azhar Ali should be 'rested' until the Sri Lanka series The lineup should be..

1.)Khurram
2.)Shan
3.)Younis
4.)Amin
5.)Misbah
6.)Shafiq
7.)Adnan
8.)Zulfiqar
9.)Ajmal
10.)Junaid
11.)Irfan

Amla gone? What next steyn replaced by tahir?

South Africans trying to gift Pak the series.

Unless kallis somehow gets back into form, its Pak vs Devilliers from here on.

Kepler Wessels, on Ten Cricket, says the pitch is extremely dry. He says it looks like a day 2 surface and expects it to spin big. Win toss and bat is definitely the way to go. Waqar Younis reckons it looks more like a day three surface and thinks Pakistan might play an extra spinner.
cricinfo

continue with same bowling composition ajmal Zulfiqar Irfan Juni

i saw the pitch .it has cracks & should offer more turn than what was on offer in previous test .

SA should play 5 bowlers as they have to win take a chance Smith

Pitch is said do be really dry with lots of spin, like a Day 2 pitch... Pakistan should definitely bat first and avoid chasing in the 4th innings

I think SA will play Imran Tahir if Steyn isn't fit... in fact they should play 2 spinners. Doesn't matter, if they don't its better for Pakistan :D

SA changes : Steyn in . Tahir is playing :facepalm:

Last edited:
Smith said he would have batted first too. Dale Steyn has come through his fitness test and is okay to play so that's a boost for South Africa. They have made two changes though: Dean Elgar in for Amla, and Imran Tahir replaces Robin Peterson.

agreed with :basit SA should included Robbie and dropped Faf as Robbie 's batting is >> than Faf

So, Imran Tahir is in for Peterson. Hope he goes wicketless and gets thrashed on top of that. Steyn manages to make it despite the injury scare, looking forward to a little one-on-one against MYK on the side, with MYK coming out on top off course. Pitch looks atrocious from a purely cricketing point of view but it's obviously been made keeping Pakistan's strengths in mind, iDone and Babar will be licking their lips at the prospect of bowling here at any time but especially in the fourth innings. Good luck boises.

I hope Pakistan don't make a career of :tahir here i think his last test was the Adelaide massacre

Pakistan
Shan Masood, Khurram Manzoor, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal†, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Irfan

South Africa
GC Smith*, AN Petersen, D Elgar, JH Kallis, AB de Villiers†, JP Duminy, F du Plessis, VD Philander, DW Steyn, M Morkel, Imran Tahir

Chishty saying 3 brothers have played for Pak will the 4 others also play mashallah 7 bro's

Well this is good. Operation make them bat on a turning track of day 4-5 without amla is on its way.

I'm not sure why people are ruling Elgar out, has anyone checked his recent form?

de9eArP.png

Are Pak batting?

Yes

Toss, 9.30 am Misbah tosses. Smith calls heads but it's a tail. That's the first toss Pakistan have won in ten Tests. Misbah goes on a yarn before saying what his side are going to do. Finally, Pakistan will bat. They are also playing an unchanged XI.

Adnan Akmal is better then AFridi when it comes in talking to media, loved it listening to him. What a way to end his interview :)

Misbah has finally won a toss after 9 consecutive losses

Adnan Akmal is better then AFridi when it comes in talking to media, loved it listening to him. What a way to end his interview :)

He always comes across the best of all three brothers. Has a bit of personality.

If he can somehow start scoring runs. We all know in our minds that Pakistan doesn't have a wicketkeeper they're sure will be there in the next match.

it was swinging out and he tried to hit it and slips and faf takes the catch and the commentator looks like he will wet himself from excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back