Pakistan v Sri Lanka | T20 WC | Group F | Johannesburg | 17/9/07 | SL Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
SL need to score 190 to win, it wont be easy under lights but this SL team loves chasing.

It's over to Asif, Gul, Tanvir, Afridi and Hafeez now.

Come on Pakistan!!

Mercenary said:
SL need to score 190 to win, it wont be easy under lights but this SL team loves chasing.

It's over to Asif, Gul, Tanvir, Afridi and Hafeez now.

Come on Pakistan!!
didn't we bat under lights too?

Tanvir's first 2 overs will be cheap but his last 2 will go for a lot of runs.

Jayasuriyas knock will be key to SLs chase, if ASif & Gul can contain him, inshallah we'll win

we're 20 run short...sendin' kami ahead of mizba doesn't make any sense since MIZBAH is carrying HOT BAT.....i swear to god, if i weren't fasting.............

RumiNYC said:
we're 20 run short...sendin' kami ahead of mizba doesn't make any sense since MIZBAH is carrying HOT BAT.....i swear to god, if i weren't fasting.............

...I hope, I am wrong but I agree. we are 20 runs short!

Let's hope for a couple of early wickets ... that Asif repeats his performance against India.

We need a couple of good, economical overs, to really put pressure on the Sri Lankans. BUT ... they have some amazing hitters. We do have a good game coming up.

There's a lot at stake ... the winner can be almost guaranteed a spot in the semi-final. The loser will have to beat Australia. It's certainly possible, but I wouldn't want a circumstance when we absolutely have to do it!

We still really need to do something about our top order, they could have (could still) cost us the match, nazir or butt need to be replaced fast. But credit to Younis and Malik, great hitting and running between the two of them. Misbah played a little cameo at the end.

MCMLXXXII said:
Tanvir's first 2 overs will be cheap but his last 2 will go for a lot of runs.
Nostradamus, when did you take interest in cricket?

inshallah we still gonna win..but haven't we had ENUFF of that FLOP OPENER'S like BUTT...NAZIR...AKMAL..even bangladesh is miles ahead in opener category...

Amazing stuff by Younis and Malik to rescue us and Misbah played an awsome part in the end. Terreffic recovery, whether we win or lose.

Pakistan still is one of the strongest in the cup.

Jayasuriya is due a failure and I think today is the day.

Lets hope Pakistani bowlers can repeat their performance against India.

kablooee87 said:
Nostradamus, when did you take interest in cricket?

No harm in laying down predictions before the innings. But I think the only thing going for Sohail Tanveer is his wrong footed action and once the batsman gets comfortable with it, he can be fairly easy to hit. He would also concede a lot of wides to left handers because of his angling line.

gone Tharanga.

Top edge, taken neatly by Gul

Looking at Sri Lanka's bowling analysis ...

CRD Fernando ... 4 ... 1 ... 17 ... 2 ... 4.25 (1nb)
ST Jayasuriya .... 4 ... 0 ... 64 ... 0 ... 16.00

The ration between the most expensive and the most economical bowler (3.76) must be a record.

Was onto Tharanga quicker than he thought.

Taken at 3rd man.

Good job I took Tharanga out of my fantasy cricket team

What a start for Pakistan! Wicket in the first over. Asif is a champion.

0/1, 2 balls.

People who said Asif can't bowl in limited overs, take that.

Sohail Tanvir drops Jayasuriya

Schoolboy fielding

damnn.....tanvir drops a sitter..........................
how costly will that be for pakistan

That was ridiculous fielding, very poor indeed.

Straight up in the air and Tanvir didnt even get a hand on it

OMG! Tanvir drops a sitter! This is bad stuff! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! We can't afford drops!

Pakistani team management should revisit their strategy and send Misbah after YK in the batting order. It seems like Misbah got alot of potential of clean hitting but either he bat when 5 wickets are down and he is being asked to consolidate the inning or else he only get to play 2-3 overs.

It will be best for the team as well as for Misbah if he play his natural game, it will be possible if he comes to bat one down from YK, where YK could consolidate the inning and should shoulder the responsibility of staying on the crease while Misbah should play his natural game. He got good potential of hard hitting.

We saw when a complete batsman hit the ball, how quickly they could change the game (Pakistan 37 after 7 overs for 3 and then 134 for 3 in 14th over), it was only possible because of YK and Malik sensible batting and then dominating the bowling. Now imagine if Misbah was playing in same order, he could have provided good hitting to Pakistan.

I hate hate hate hate to quote Mark Nicholas but

"Can you drop Jayasuriya and go on to win matches?"

my stream is amazingly clear, but i think i'm 20 second late from actual game time...

well u cant give a man like jayasuria more then one life..

Rameez saying reputation of player got to Tanvir :))
I guess so much that he didn't even touch it

What a start. He's knocked over Jayasuria with his first ball. What a yorker!

gone

beauty yorker gets rid of Jayasuriya

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back