Status
Not open for further replies.

W63L35

Post of the Week winner
Runs
Post of the Week
Weather:
Click here:Port of Spain, Trinidad

It seems like there will be rain/shower on Tuesday, March 6th.

We'll certainly play with only 13 players....if Azahar gets there before Monday. I don't think Sami and Yasir will get there before the March 5th.

I am sure Canadian batsmen will put up a good show - if they can handle Danish!

Last edited:
I think Umar Bhatti will pick up one of the openers for sure.

Why go to Trinidad to play the warmup matches, when their group matches are all going to be in Jamaica?

will be a closely fought match , pakistan will win IMO ..wat do you guys think ? :p

jusarrived said:
will be a closely fought match , pakistan will win IMO ..wat do you guys think ? :p

if its a closely fought match, then Pakistan with all due respect should just come home and cancel their participation in the tournament.

Saj said:
if its a closely fought match, then Pakistan with all due respect should just come home and cancel their participation in the tournament.

you know I was just kidding ....I hope all the minnows are sent home by first round...we don want this WC to be like 2003!

Saj said:

:)))

Since its a warm up game, will they test out the whole squad (minus Sami/Arafat)? Inzi is suffering from a flu so might not play. We are left with the below 11. Surely we cannot afford injuries!?

What the batting order will be is open to speculation. 4 years have passed since the last world cup and still I dont know who are our openers...Pakistani cricket, still a circus.

My guess is the order will be as below.

Imran Nazir
M Hafeez
Younis Khan
M Yousaf
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Azhar Mahmood
U Gul
Rao Iftikhar
Kaneria

No one will be showing match. You can listen online through abs radio, Trinidad.

For link, just type abs radio Trinidad and google it.

GeO Super showing Indias warmup match on the 6th and Englands on the 5th.

Nauman said:
Isnt GEO super going to show this?

GEO Super is showing the warm-up matches, not sure if all of them. Haven't seen the advertisement of Pak's match yet, but they are showing England's warm-up game. Hope they show the game on the 6th!

Saj said:
Why go to Trinidad to play the warmup matches, when their group matches are all going to be in Jamaica?

well they are trying to spread the cricket around. pakistan have a lot of

cricket fans in trinidad. :19:

the pak /sa game is sold out lots of people like me also love pak/india/slanka :14:

Kashif said:
Since its a warm up game, will they test out the whole squad (minus Sami/Arafat)? Inzi is suffering from a flu so might not play. We are left with the below 11. Surely we cannot afford injuries!?

What the batting order will be is open to speculation. 4 years have passed since the last world cup and still I dont know who are our openers...Pakistani cricket, still a circus.

My guess is the order will be as below.

Imran Nazir
M Hafeez
Younis Khan
M Yousaf
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Azhar Mahmood
U Gul
Rao Iftikhar
Kaneria

I spoke with darrel harper today and he told me that the team can play 13 players since it is a warm up match

Inswinging Yorker said:
I spoke with darrel harper today and he told me that the team can play 13 players since it is a warm up match

This is must new...I don't remember this rule in 1999 or 2003 World Cups!

At practice - for the match vs Canada!

4giizau.jpg

DON'T BE 'AFRIDI': Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi hands over a crying Nabel Ali, 11 months back to his mother after practice at the National Cricket Centre, Balmain Couva,yesterday.
Author: LINCOLN HOLDER

W63L35 said:
At practice - for the match vs Canada!

4giizau.jpg

DON'T BE 'AFRIDI': Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi hands over a crying Nabel Ali, 11 months back to his mother after practice at the National Cricket Centre, Balmain Couva,yesterday.
Author: LINCOLN HOLDER

Was he doing baby sitting? :)))

For those who have the DishNetwork program installed in their satellites, they are showing warm-up matches on PPV Sport. However, they cannot show all the warm-up matches in the day, except for just one. They broadcasted England v Bermuda yesterday and will broadcast India v Netherlands today.

No word on broadcasting on Pakistan v Canada.

Matic said:
For those who have the DishNetwork program installed in their satellites, they are showing warm-up matches on PPV Sport. However, they cannot show all the warm-up matches in the day, except for just one. They broadcasted England v Bermuda yesterday and will broadcast India v Netherlands today.

No word on broadcasting on Pakistan v Canada.
I just talked to them and they said that they will have the channel 100 thing fixed in a couple of days so InsAllah we will be able to watch the SA PAK game on Friday.

Was there any radio commentary of any of the warm up matches yesterday. And is anyone radio broadcasting the warmup between Pak and Canada today?

when is the match starting and does anyone know where can i watch this? please, thanks

Yes please will appreciate if someone update where exactly we can browse on the net and see this. It is not on cricinfo schedule.

we have to play pakistan as a warm up ?

well ..I suppose at least ireland provided us with some competition ...or else we'd start this tournament with no real practice !

:p

saffer said:

well ..I suppose at least ireland provided us with some competition ...or else we'd start this tournament with no real practice !

Hopefully SA will bat the same way and get thrashed by Pakistan. :D :D

196 would be safe against pakistan....

:D

I'm glad we got a warm up game against you guys...knowing your sides inconsistancy and my side's world cup record.... one of us might not make it to super 8's...in which case we won't get the chance to argue until september !!!

saffer said:

I'm glad we got a warm up game against you guys...knowing your sides inconsistancy and my side's world cup record.... one of us might not make it to super 8's...in which case we won't get the chance to argue until september !!!

im sure you'l find something to argue about. afterall its what you do best.

saffer said:

Hopefully Canadian batsmen will give tough time to our bowlers otherwise they are not likely to get much practice against South African batsmen on these pitches. 95/8 against Ireland, can we please play our 2nd practice game against Ireland instead??? :(

saffer said:

hey Saffer, 196 might be safe but not 192...lol :))) :)))

yay!! younis khan opening with imran nazir looks like hes yk is going to open

YK gotten out.came as an opener! waao, and MOYO as one down but where is Inzi?

Thanx for that googly Qadir, i was waiting for cricinfo gor updates.

Younis Khan and Nazir opened but experiment didn't work as Khan saba got out for 11 but interesting to see Yousuf at 3 and Hafeez at 4 (maybe because we are allowed extra players for practice games. Inzi coming in at 5 but looks like we will open with Younis in WC.

It didn't work well but i like the idea of opening with Younis and Nazir.

PlanetPakistan said:
Amir,
Will you guys be able to watch this game in Canada?

No I cant find any stream.

arsal_pakfan said:
Younis Khan was the opener today..& as always Inzi coming down the order at 5
Much better decision than Kami opening the batting(not saying that it's the right move).

It may not have worked out Amir but i hope this is the combination they will try in WC, Inzi will come at 4 because Hafeez is most likely to be dropped.

1/26 after 8 overs

immubhai said:
YK gotten out.came as an opener! waao, and MOYO as one down but where is Inzi?

Inzi is coming at 5 but Hafeez most probably won't be in final XI so Inzi will eventually come to bat at 4.

I hope one failure in practice game won't discourage the management opening with Younis again.

Pakistan 1/36 after 10 overs. Very cautious start but they need to spend time on the pitch rather than worrying about beating Canada(which they automatically should).

Hafeez will be playing the first game for sure in the absense of Afridi so it we may see Inzi coming at his usual useless position of #5 against Westindies

if we dont get 250+ today, then that'll be poor....since its a normal start 36/1 after 10

I don't know why Gul and Kaneria aren't playing in this game??? Aren't we allowed to play 13 players ?? Gul and Kaneria came to WC without any sort of match practice and they should have played both practice games.

Pakistan 1/45 after 11

Nazir 22 no
Yousuf 10 no

Last edited:
Waseem said:
I don't know why Gul and Kaneria aren't playing in this game??? Aren't we allowed to play 13 players ??
they will come on when we bowl.

Waseem said:
Inzi is coming at 5 but Hafeez most probably won't be in final XI so Inzi will eventually come to bat at 4.

I hope one failure in practice game won't discourage the management opening with Younis again.

me thinking the same...lets hope YK keeps coming as an open and MOYO being one down but look at Inzi! even in warm up match he would like to come on his useless no. 5 slot!

immubhai said:
me thinking the same...lets hope YK keeps coming as an open and MOYO being one down but look at Inzi! even in warm up match he would like to come on his useless no. 5 slot!

I am sure he will bat at number 4 when we play our first game against Windies with this lineup:

Nazir
Younis
Yousuf
Inzi
Malik
Akmal
Azhar
Rana
Rao
Gul
Kaneria

We may choose to play Hafeez instead of Azhar as he is a better batsman and bowler than Azhar but Hafeez should bat at 6 not 4 if he is played.

1/59 after 13

Yousuf moves on to 20 no while Nazir is on 26

any radio links, looked at pretty much every caribbean site and no links

59/1 13 overs
Imran Nazir 26* Moyo 20*

pretty decent going so far

even though westindies pitches are gud for batting you never really get to see big scores in excess of 300 or close to that ..... usually they are around 240-280 runs pitches

Pitch: Cracks present, bit of grass
Toss: Netherlands won the toss and elected to field

India batting first against Holland, let's see how they start their tour.

Nazir gone for 26, Shinde strikes in his first over

2/60 after 13.3 and looks who is batting at 4 ??:D Happy now whingers????

There goes another 20 odd opener. I am now beginning to feel I can seriously outscore one of the openers if given the chance.

What wiil it take I mean for goodness sake we are playing Canada .....aaaaaarrrgggggghhh

60/ 2 13.3 inzy is the new batsman..way 2 go inzy hope he scores a big one today even though it will be against a weak team but it will still give confidence which very important for our team

How dare Inzi come in at No.4 and deprive another batsman of match practice!

can't believe. cricinfo is covering india's match. that's pathetic. it's discrimination against all others teams. :12: :12: :12:

Inzi need the practice himself !!

Nazir out in Osandes FIRST over !!!!! cmon man.. a change of bowler got him.. he should be more careful

Now if either get out Inzi or MoYo that will send the shudders in the dressing room.

For this reason I think Malik should bat at number three with the other two to follow.

Given the lovely platform our openers pave I think this must be our strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back