Pakistan vs Canada - Warm up Match on March 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abdul Qadir 236 said:
Give credit please to the associate nations.

Any bowler can be shelled in nets - cricket isnt played in the nets though.

Gasher knows Umar and rates him and hes a good judge so I'll take that.

nope dont agree, he bowls mostly from 20 yards in the nets, dont have much movement, and just pace,still gets wacked, probably cuz i am left handed and he aint good at that gets hammered mainly cuz he is average. his game performance is average usually but pace get him in the team

Last edited:
Gasherbrum said:
umar isn't an earth shattering talent but he's a very good all round cricketer who can turn it up when it really matters. he's got the natural advantage of being left handed as well and his record for canada speaks for itself.

i agree with that. he sure is a good overall cricketer.

Who cares...

SAME OLD STORY.....On a serious note Paks have become extremely boring....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you have to pick players on potential and the attributes they possess rather than cold performance.

lara400 said:
Who cares...

SAME OLD STORY.....On a serious note Paks have become extremely boring....

Like you have with your constant moaning

Last edited by a moderator:
Abdul Qadir 236 said:
Sometimes you have to pick players on potential and the attributes they possess rather than cold performance.
really. and how do u judge that potential, and who in canada can judge that for that international level

I think a lot of teams will insert the opposition in since many teams are more comfortable chasing than setting a target these days

cricketisit said:
really. and how do u judge that potential, and who in canada can judge that for that international level

Well I can't speak for Canada because I'm in Belfast. As for how you judge, well some people just have an eye for a good player. If someone is very fast, that alone may get them selected because pace can trouble good batsmen. Then, when in the international setup they can be refined as a cricketer.

Pathan007 said:
while Bangla have NZ reeling at the moment.

Where did you get the updates from???

I won't be surprised at all if Bangladesh gives Kiwis hard time or even beat them. I won't include them in the list of minnows anymore, they have very talented players like Shahriar Nafees, Aftab Ahmed, Saqibul Hasan, Mashrafe etc.

Don't panic if we dont play convincing today........cricket doesn't work like that. Look at ireland v Saffers? Saffers will be very competetitive in the World Cup - ignore the closeness of yesterdays game. I expect a patchy performance today from Pak but a comfortable win. Expect a score around 230ish and then Canada 180ish.

The real action starts on Tuesday. Even if Pak lose first game...not a problem. I would use the old 'don't peak too early' ploy. A cliche......but it is actually true.

Pakistan will be competetive in the World Cup.....

Abdul Qadir 236 said:
Well I can't speak for Canada because I'm in Belfast. As for how you judge, well some people just have an eye for a good player. If someone is very fast, that alone may get them selected because pace can trouble good batsmen. Then, when in the international setup they can be refined as a cricketer.
l

true, and that is judged in either nets, or club level matches, and that was my point to begin with. he has been average in both areas, but i guess good enough for canada. dont forget many times players in these counties are picked just cuz they have citizenship etc. but all i was saying was that our batsmen should not be struggling on this quality of bowling, unless pitch is unplayble

I'm sure the top teams will improve but Ireland played as well as they have perhaps ever played. Not bad for a team who "shouldnt even be there"

does anyone know of any radio station or site we can listen to live commentry?

the truth about bhatti is that he probably would not have played for canada had he not been with Victoria Park. nothing to do with his level of talent, its just that VP know the right people. however, once selected, he has done better than many may have expected and has won games for canada.

Boundary View said:
Don't panic if we dont play convincing today........cricket doesn't work like that. Look at ireland v Saffers? Saffers will be very competetitive in the World Cup - ignore the closeness of yesterdays game. I expect a patchy performance today from Pak but a comfortable win. Expect a score around 230ish and then Canada 180ish.

The real action starts on Tuesday. Even if Pak lose first game...not a problem. I would use the old 'don't peak too early' ploy. A cliche......but it is actually true.

Pakistan will be competetive in the World Cup.....

True, there is absolutely nothing to panick baout. Saffies and Windies suffered yesterday and Kiwis are suffering alongwith Pakistan so there is nothing to worry about as yet.

Btw thanx for the link Usman, didn't even look at cricinfo because of their poor coverage of Pak game.

Yes it sounds like Ireland where if you play in Leinster your chance of selection goes up 10fold but the Northern based players get a raw deal sometimes like Ifty Hussain.

pakistan is looking a mess against canada after 17 overs :( if they lose i am going to cancel my subscription to life..

UsmanCHADDA said:
Like you have with your constant moaning

No need to get personal Mr. Touchy!!

Have you anything different to add?

Last edited:
Ganguly gets out for 19 off 37 balls, good news as they were flying high ;-)

SameerM said:
Danish will do good if he stays focused.. he can clean up the Tail no problem

...how are we going to get top order out to get to the tail?? :D

on that note...as i am watching india/netherlands on atn cricket plus... netherlands looks a mess as well.. what a brutal team....... gangulys wicket was his own undoing...other than that if india wanted they could make 400+ but they are playing without care... the opening netherland bowlers looked horrible any decent batting will make them look like kids... speaking of kids their first opening bowler (age 20, the same age as myself) looks more like hes 14 years old... and he bowled 6 NO balls in his first over. a clear difference in two class of cricket nations..

IM NOT YOU said:
pakistan is looking a mess against canada after 17 overs :( if they lose i am going to cancel my subscription to life..

That's Haram :46:

Meanwhile Sehwag out for 28 as well. India 64/2 after 13 overs.

errr

correct me if I am wrong but isn't this thread about Pakistan vs Canada? If so why are people blabbering on about India?

Because at this time we are waiting for the damned sightscreen to be fixed

Is any TV channel showing Pakistan vs Canada? GEO super is showing India vs Something right now.

Nauman said:
Is any TV channel showing Pakistan vs Canada? GEO super is showing India vs Something right now.
Which Idiots decided that?

Off topic here still posting.

In the other match

New Zealand Vs Bangladesh
New Zealand 74/6 Over - 23 (Vincent b Mortaza 4, Fleming c at slips b Rasel 0, Taylor c Mushfique b Mortaza 11, Futon lbw Mortaza 5, Styris c Ashraful b Razzak 26, McMillan c & b Razzak)

Hash said:
errr

correct me if I am wrong but isn't this thread about Pakistan vs Canada? If so why are people blabbering on about India?
Yaar this bloody sight screen was blown away almost hour ago and we are still waiting for that to be fixed!!!

Meh Pakistan match's coverage is as poor as it can get, they are updating score like every half an hour and they have just given scores of batsmen, no deliveries faced, no boundaries record no nothing.

Nauman said:
Meh Pakistan match's coverage is as poor as it can get, they are updating score like every half an hour and they have just given scores of batsmen, no deliveries faced, no boundaries record no nothing.

It was the same thing yesterday. Only India's warm-up game is getting regular updates

at this point is it safe to say bangladesh is in the makings of an upset? canada very nearly beat bangladesh so doesnt that mean canada can put up a semi decent fight against new zealand? all of this is wishful thinking on my part but it looks interesting... of the minnows its clear that netherlands/bermuda are the worst

is the sight screen still not fixed or is the site that was updating initially not working now

IN case of Bangladesh match our BCB official site tigercricket.com is giving regular update. What about PCB site?

Miraz said:
Off topic here still posting.

In the other match

New Zealand Vs Bangladesh
New Zealand 74/6 Over - 23 (Vincent b Mortaza 4, Fleming c at slips b Rasel 0, Taylor c Mushfique b Mortaza 11, Futon lbw Mortaza 5, Styris c Ashraful b Razzak 26, McMillan c & b Razzak)

Thanx Miraz, i was looking for those updates.
Bangladesh is definitely capable of beating India or Sri Lanka. They had much better chance in Eng-NZ group but they can still cause an upset.

Indian 82-3 . Uthapa Bowled inside edge. India catching up to Pakistan's wicket column ;)

Are the people running cricinfo idiots or just really bad, if so many people can figure out the most recent updates on this site, you would think someone would be able to get it for their site, their still at 64/3

jafrioh said:
Ulla that patta bowled

maybe he means Uthappa, the Indian batsman.
I think the pakistan game is still suspended.

Hmm does anyone know what happened after 15 overs, no updates over at cricketarchive, BBC and cricinfo have not moved past 15 overs.

this is sad, i think even at the worst stadium in pakistan, we could have fixed a fallen sight screen in less time than this, even if they have to stand about 50 people to hold it up

Are these South African groundsmen trying to fix the sightscreen in WI as they are taking ages.

umarbeast said:
This break is good for Canada. There bowlers will be fresh and ready to go.
Its just a warmup match, why do they need a break after 15 overs. The idea of warmup match is to get those bones moving.

Man, you can tell these are the warmups, everywhere you look there are problems, dishnetwork just lost the feed for the Indian game

darrell hair is casuing the delay from the crowd, he'spointing towards rana in the dressing room, calling him a ball tamparer..its caused inzi to walk off, until darrell hair gets the hell outta the country, inzi aint coming out....thats what this delay is all about

82/4 yikes most teams seem to be loosing way too many wickets with the new ball, I guess the wickets arent as slow and low as everyone was expecting them to be.

Sightscreen fixed. Play to get under way soon. Still 50 overs per side. Lunch break will be shortened.

Nauman said:
Its just a warmup match, why do they need a break after 15 overs. The idea of warmup match is to get those bones moving.

Nauman its not like they are doing this break on purpose. The sight screen was blown away and the players went off the field. I am watching the India vs Holland game and it is quite windy there to. :19:

Sightscreen fixed. Play to get under way soon. Still 50 overs per side. Lunch break will be shortened.

Pakistan WC off to a hurricane style. What have we done to deserve this. Our team can't even have a decent practice match. What bunch of incompetent.

jafrioh said:
Man, you can tell these are the warmups, everywhere you look there are problems, dishnetwork just lost the feed for the Indian game

Well Skysports is still working. Don't know if I am allowed to say but here is a site that is showing for some price sky sports warm up matches.

www.desizsports.com

:15: :15:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back