Pakistan vs Canada - Warm up Match on March 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
shahid afr3d said:
OMG :)) :)) :))
Pak will be luky if thay get canada in the semi-final, then they mite have a chance to win

People are acting as if we have already lost...

Pitch is probably the problem, plus Canada is a better team than Ireland and SA is supposed to be the best team in the world
It just goes to show you anything can happen in one day cricket

UsmanCHADDA said:
We shouldn't care about that. This performance has been pretty average from us so far

Ofcourse we should. They are our opponents in this world cup.....so it is vital to us how they are doing.

My point is just that we shouldn't read too much into a warm up game. We will win this match unless it rains and a lot of other teams have collapsed and had worse failures than us. It doesn't matter.

127 for 4 by the way

Hari Sombar said:
India are 177- 3 :D :p

india have looked much better than pakistan leading into the World Cup anyways so im not surprised.. heading for a mammoth total of most likely 350+ ..

Pakistan have looked much better than India leading into the world cup.

anything in the 150-170 range will be more than enough. batting isn't the strong suite of the associate nations.

technical difficulties again with dishnetwork, they better get this fixed before the real games start, i have a backup plan anyways, but its the principle

UsmanCHADDA said:
People are acting as if we have already lost...
I'm not saying that. it's just that if they struggle 2 win against canada how will they play against other teams? :20: :20:

ALLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ALLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUU ALLUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!! when all else fails inzamam is there :)

shahid afr3d said:
I'm not saying that. it's just that if they struggle 2 win against canada how will they play against other teams? :20: :20:

What about South Africa?
What about New Zealand?

Hopefully this innings will get his confidence back. Nothing better than your captain leading from the front in the World Cup

Wait till Boom Boom gets out there. Then there will be no need to worry about the slow runrate.

crapinfo is updating India's scored in every freaking 15 seconds..whereas Pakistan scores still in 82/4...and bangladesh is 50/4...crapinfo yo momma

india always choke at the end of innings, they bat well in the beginning, very similar to england. i think they try to get too clever with the run rate and it all goes wrong.

GQ said:
First of all, Cricket Europe is a very good find for live cricket scores. Thanks to whoever discovered it!

Overall, I think, it was a decent batting performance by Pakistan today. It was nice to see Inzamam, Hafeez, and Akmal score some runs.

I'm not pleased with another change with the openers. When will this stop? This is absolutely crazy. Atleast at this stage they need to promote a regular opening pair rather than experiment in every match. Glad to see Gul is not playing today. Hopefully, we will finish the match injury free!
Gul is playing as is Kaneria. They will bowl, as 13 can play this match.

66/4 and than 273/8 is a good performance from the boys. Well done Hafeez,Inzi and Akmal, probably the 3 most critsed players before world cup. Lets see how they do with the ball now.

I have played against bhatti and bagai. I was kid, 13 or so. those guys were at least 18. bagai he wasnt a physical specimen niether was bhatti. just trained and well coached. He captained u-19 canadas. while i played u19 usa.

kashmiri said:
273/8 of 48 overs.

india just squeeze ahead of pakistan in the last over 300/9 of 50 overs.

Perhaps, Pak only batted 48 overs whereas India batted 50, had there been the full 50 overs I'm sure we would have put up 300 as well. In addition to this Canada were a much more disciplined side in terms of bowling, Canada only bowled 8 extras compared to Netherlands 33 extras. I think that made the difference

how man we still had 12 balls remaining and we can easily score 27 runs or even more seeing the akmals and rana's still batting i think India just choked in the end

canada has decent team for the level of cricket they play. I was 13 sent in to open against bhatti and these guys. I got hit in the head playing with out a helmet. i stayed in and played through the pain.

most important thing to see in this match is if Ranbo can get his form back.

the hoped of our team lie in his ability to take early wickets.

i thought afridi still had 2 more matches to serve in his ban. or are these matches not included? :(

Majestic_Inzi said:
india always choke at the end of innings, they bat well in the beginning, very similar to england. i think they try to get too clever with the run rate and it all goes wrong.

bro, its very common to lose wickets when you try to improve runrate. you cant call that choking. i know you hate india. but its little too much. they have scored 300 runs which is a very reasonable score compared to how other teams have scored so far in these warm up matches.

given rana has demonstrated for pretty much three months rnning that he cant bowl at the open, why do they keep opening with him? 23 off 2 overs against a minnow????

thats a score for pakistan.. glad to inzi live up to his postion and bat at number 4.. also good to see hafeez get some runs.. AFRIDI out 0 :( .. bowlers will need to bowl good.

just wondering - who is actually watching this ?

how is the pitch behaving ?

from the practice matches i've seen so far .. the wickets have been quite slow and low.

Computer is going bonkers, i post on this site and the post is in the wrong place and then when i check the score to update it is 28/0 after 4 then it dissapears after the refresh

Canada on fire 41 after 6 , Rana getting hammered 31 runs after 3 overs, what a way to start his world cup

Pakpassion server must've been down; couldnt access it for a while. Anyway Pakistan made a nice recovery, they're 256-7 after 47 overs... Akmal apparently batting well, he needs to do that against the big guns as well

G Barnett not out 18
A Samad not out 12
A Mulla
I Billcliff
*J Davison
Q Ali
S Dhaniram
+A Bagai
A Cummins
D Chumney
U Bhatti
Extras b , lb 2, nb 3, w 7, p 12
Total wkts, 7.0 overs 42
Bowler O M R W
Rana 4 0 32 0
Gull 3 0 8 0

pathetic rana

damn rana conceding 31 runs from 3 overs and Gul bowling well 8 runs from 3 overs

com on pakistan what a crapy bowling 41 runs from 6 overs

Canada 42/0 after 7 overs

Gul - 3 overs 0/8
Rana - 4 overs 0/32

Rana expensive as per usual!

Rana needs to just get a good old a** kicking, i would rather have Arafat or Sami in the side than this bloke

So Rana is getting pummelled by the mighty Canadians. Is there no end to his rubbishness?

IM NOT YOU said:
ALLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ALLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUU ALLUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!! when all else fails inzamam is there :)

and yet u still abuse him?

people like u r just pathetic and are a disgrace to all other people who support pakistan!!!

SameerAhmad said:
Pakpassion server must've been down; couldnt access it for a while. Anyway Pakistan made a nice recovery, they're 256-7 after 47 overs... Akmal apparently batting well, he needs to do that against the big guns as well

Akmal feels like he playing at home, he will surprise alot of people.

Continue with Hafeez in the middleorder.

Inzi played a captains innings

Azhar- im happy for him..

Well, its a 48 over match, and Pak has finished their innings with 273 on the board. Not that bad.

rana bhai is really crap these days

2/23 atm and thats not 2 wickets but 2 overs

It seems as if cricket europe just died for the pakistan game, what a day

273-8 after 48 overs, i would have to say a pretty good batting performance as SA only scored 196 on this pitch, with the way Akmal and Rana were hitting could have made 300 as two of the last 3 over went for 33 runs
I would also say this was just as good or better batting performance than India as in India's game there were close to 40 extras and only 8 extras in this game
Overall looks like a good half day of cricket
Now lets bowl them out real cheaply

damn !!! Afridi bowled for a duck !!! thats bad...anyway at least Akmal played well...

I Nazir c Samad b Osinde 26
Y Khan c + Bagai b Cummins 11
M Yousuf c Sandher b Bhatti 21
*I ul-Haq c Mulla b Dhaniram 59
S Malik b Osinde 1
M Hafeez c Mulla b Dhaniram 61
S Afridi b Davison 0
+K Akmal not out 56
A Mahmood b Cummins 23
N ul-Hasan not out 7
I Anjum
Extras b 0, lb 1, nb 1, w 6, p 8
Total 8 wkts, 48.0 overs 273

Very good batting performance from Pakistan, should look to bowl Canada out under 120.

W63L35 said:
seems like innings is over after 48 overs!

Canadians bowled SIX maiden overs in 48!!!! :O :O :O

I would settle for 6 dot balls in an inns by Rana!

Why is Rana opening the bowling? Does Inzi not read cricinfo?

Last edited:
Not bad at all. 273 in 48 overs is a very good score. Now lets see how we bowl. I believe Davison is not as destructive as he once was.

naved ul-hasan (rana) is on good form...only going for 11.5 an over....

umar gul...the man who can bowl entire teams out with a wide...is doing ok though...

Last edited:
the pakistani scorecard has been taken off cricket europe

anyone else still see it or not?

Pak_Pace said:
damn !!! Afridi bowled for a duck !!! thats bad...anyway at least Akmal played well...

could someone tell that idiot afridi, he doesnt have to hit every bowl for a six, why cant he get it throught his skull, needs to pace his inning, singles are usefull..tooo you know.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggg

I think Kamran Akmal will do very well in West Indies, as long as we bat him down the order, with Malik, Afridi/Hafeez, and Akmal batting down the order we can put up some big totals. Hopefully we will keep this side and batting line up for the next warm up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back