Pakistan vs England | 18/2/2011 | Warm-up Game | Fatullah | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umar Akmal what has gone wrong with him.

The captain/coach need to sit with him and define his role. He has gone downhill since he was supposed to become the batting lynch pin

Pakistan | 3/46 | 13 Overs | Need 228 runs to win from 37 Overs

i think younus khan has completley lost the plot.

this guy gets worse every single game. over the last 2.5 years. i've never seen such a rediculous run of batting from a middle order batsman over such a long period of time.

he needs to retire of limited overs immediately and save himself this embarrasment. what a joke!

Umar Akmal what has gone wrong with him.

The captain/coach need to sit with him and define his role. He has gone downhill since he was supposed to become the batting lynch pin

Exactly, This guy needs to perform. otherwise GET RID OF HIM

management and coaching need to keep an eye on those termites the akmal bros
its amazing in one match these akmal bros look world class the next match it seems they don't even know how to hold a bat.

Umar Akmal slashes and gets out: People unhappy

Shafiq tries to play a responsible innings: People unhappy

:facepalm:

The YK haters needs to understand that he is playing a very mature role here. But he shouldnt bat with Misbah since pressure will be on one of them to accelarate.

management and coaching need to keep an eye on those termites the akmal bros
its amazing in one match these akmal bros look world class the next match it seems they don't even know how to hold a bat.

When was the last time that either looked anything but rubbish?

Alright boys, time to build up a partnership, play next 25 overs, and set the game up for razzaq.

Pakistan | 3/53 | 14 Overs | Need 221 runs to win from 36 Overs

Looks like this is the game being used as the real warmup, regulars not playing; batting order going upside down; good move imo...I think Afridi just really wanted to beat Bangladesh :))

:afridi

People bashing YK and AS, need to look at the situation first and understand what is happening, they are 3 down in the 15th over, they need to consolidate, so just relax and hope they dont throw their wickets away.

Seriously hope YK plays a big innings here, is the key man if Pakistan are to succeed in this WC.

Looks like this is the game being used as the real warmup, regulars not playing; batting order going upside down; good move imo...I think Afridi just really wanted to beat Bangladesh :))

:afridi

its the captain's choice who knows he might come in to bat at no. 11 in today's match ( 13 a side)

Can Afridi and Razzaq bat, has its 15 v 15 game, or are they not allowed to bat

Also, does anyone know if J.Khan can "hold" the bat

Last edited:
the problem with ykhan, alam, and shafiq is their stuck in the 90's era. where tuk tuk was good and scores of 230 was considered a good total

with misbah least he has the shots in his locker

Pakistan | 3/60 | 15 Overs | Need 214 runs to win from 35 Overs

It gives me a sinking feeling when i try to imagine what if this was a quarterfinal.

YK is gradually accelarating. This is the advantage of proper test batsmen instead of mindless sloggers

people needs to understand misbah also starts his innings like that, once YK is settled he will also play his shots, further don't forget he is our best batsman against spin in the current line up. we will desparately need him against quality spin bowlling be it any indian or srilankan spinner or even swan.

Those of you who beleive this is not a important match they need to open their eyes. In the past couple of months we have beaten New Zealand and Bangladesh.... We need to be able to beat a team of England calibre to have any chance in this world cup.

In my opinion Umar Akmal needs to make way for either a spinner or another batsman. He is a total waste of space.

It's just a warmup so I don't really care

Just want Younus to play a nice long innings. Hope Shafiq pulls up his strike rate and scores some runs too

Those of you who beleive this is not a important match they need to open their eyes. In the past couple of months we have beaten New Zealand and Bangladesh.... We need to be able to beat a team of England calibre to have any chance in this world cup.

In my opinion Umar Akmal needs to make way for either a spinner or another batsman. He is a total waste of space.

he also has a 3rd option, to keep wickets in place of his brother.

It's just a warmup so I don't really care

Just want Younus to play a nice long innings. Hope Shafiq pulls up his strike rate and scores some runs too

if this happens, then Pakistan certainly have a chance of winning this game, Misbah next, Afridi and A Razzak can accelerate at the end in PP overs.

Just came on now and seen the scorecard. Is Afridi not playing today? Any reason why?

When was the last time that either looked anything but rubbish?

Akmal senior's record is one 50+ score every 12 ODI games.... asides from the dropped catches and missed stumpings and the odd runout!!

what happened to Asad...wasting so many balls ...he should try to take singles when boundary is hard to come

Pakistan | 3/61 | 16 Overs | Need 213 runs to win from 34 Overs

U Akmal will be a failure at 3.

he isnt performing down the order so why not take a chance with him at no 3

Srilanka tried jayasuriya at opening slot in 1996 WC and we all know what happened .. he also was a middle order player

He should at 4 at most if not 3 ... Batting at no 6,7 or 8 will convert him into a slogger

Pakistan | 3/65 | 17 Overs | Need 209 runs to win from 33 Overs

what happened to Asad...wasting so many balls ...he should try to take singles when boundary is hard to come

its the fear of failure, he knows if he is out cheaply today, he won't get another chance, but if he scores atleast a 50 today, he can easily play against kenya irrespective of todays result

I have seen YK play some very useful innings chasing big totals , no reason to panic there ...forget the result of this game , if he comes back to form its going to be a huge bonus for pak.

Its warm up ...IMO he can bat even if not on the field during 1st inning
I guess so ... was surprised to see England actually make some runs, and now they are bowling alright too.

Their bowling has been pretty poor lately (although they haven't had Broad for a while).

its the fear of failure, he knows if he is out cheaply today, he won't get another chance, but if he scores atleast a 50 today, he can easily play against kenya irrespective of todays result

yep maybe one of the reason .....and yeah its a warm up here scoring some runs is more important then win ...:)

I have seen YK play some very useful innings chasing big totals , no reason to panic there ...forget the result of this game , if he comes back to form its going to be a huge bonus for pak.

hopefully he gets back into form ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back