Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 02/07/2008 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey!

Where did RAW get that from.

Fast...short...bounce...nearly gloved by MSD

Rao instigated the downfall... Rao's first wicket, got Rauf pumped.. who took 2 in one over.. then RAO just got his 2nd
and the whole team is fired up and a bit more chatty!!!

Afridi to add his beastly aggression.. any screenshots of Afridi MOST welcome

ALSO.. RAO on fire screenshots would be good to see

SameerM said:
situation will favour Rohit.. slow batting, do his normal thing.. build innings etc.
Dhoni on other side to blast a few..

BREAK the tail RAO... u got them choking, just give the final touch of poison to finish them off

hes not a slow batsmen , just has looked a little confused recently......he has a good chance to get back his confidence today!

I will take 40 runs of the next 10 without loosing a wickey

The elite guy, i don't think he is fit enough for the job, with that belly popping out, he probaly couldn't even run 20 ft! lol

Whatever Pak do from here - they've shown superb resolve. I think someone posted a thread on their body language being all wrong. Didnt tune in til they were 80 odd for 0

Good signs.

Sharma looks out of sorts right now.

Damn - I have to go.

O well, witnssed the good bits!

Good luck Pakistan...

Oxy said:
Whatever Pak do from here - they've shown superb resolve. I think someone posted a thread on their body language being all wrong. Didnt tune in til they were 80 odd for 0

Good signs.
all down to the Captain i feel... sticking with Rauf for 7 on the trot.
Having confidence in Rao
Dropping Tanno quickly.

attack minded !!! keep it up

Tanvir has 6 left. Rao with only (can' believe I just said that) 2, and same for Rauf.

Will that hurt us?

Can you imagine that India were 86-0 after 10? Jus wow.

Come on Sahibzada.

A wicket in this over and I will send you a flying kiss from Islamabad

Afridi and saeed need to bowl and keep rauf and rao for later. tanno should come in to finish off too.

Both batsmen not looking good, but they can get set. Need to just keep the runs down, and reduce RR to 5.5

cars112 said:
Pakistan stepping up when the pressure is on - as per usual.

always optomistic!! where u been man.. we were in the dungeons earlier.. all fans going AGAINST pak.. then RAO pumped us all back to be optomistic

cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn TIGERS

lol the commentator is like he is tired of the "shabash" from Sarfraz lol!!!

Sami: "This catch by Sarfaraz was absolutely stunning. It reminded me of Rashid Latif's flying catches which at times were first slip catches." Yeah, now that you remind me, very similar to Latif. He would also turn and dive with both hands outstretched.

ps. Sarfraz keeping the boys motivated !! good job... commentator can shutup and commentate!

Dhoni using what he thinks to be his "deft touch" now. It is usually quite effective, but he won't hit any big shots for the time being..

Islamabadi said:
izee...try espn360.com, great coverage...
I have a paid stream, but it died for a while, but back now.

I wish I had any internet besides Comcast, because that internet provider does not have right for it! I heard 360 has brilliant quality!

I just remembered! Sri Lanka have to beat India tomorrow! AND, Sri Lanka are not playing their first XI. Damn.

Saeed Ajmal background:

Saeed Ajmal, an offspinner, received a call-up to the Pakistan squad for the Asia Cup after an impressive domestic season with Khan Research Labs in 2007-08, during which he took 38 wickets in 12 first-class matches at an average of 29 apiece, and 12 wickets in nine list A games.

360 doesnt seem to work for me.. i'm in UK.. and it says. not avilable in my region!

time for the middle over CHOKEHOLD... can Saeed keep it up.. we know Afridi can!

brb - need air ... i'm still in shock that we are in a GREAT position in the match

way was that young spinner mansoor(?) droped ? I thot he looked good....& they bring in 3o year old bowler in his place ? pretty stupid really !

jusarrived said:
way was that young spinner mansoor(?) droped ? I thot he looked good....& they bring in 3o year old bowler in his place ? pretty stupid really !
Stupid is the right wrong thing to do with the PCB.

pakfans arrive:
pak8.jpg

the indian fans support their team :D
india01.jpg

ps. @arrived.. his LIFE experience!

Too many easy singles. We need to get it down to 3 an over, or take a wicket.

srafaraz looks like a very good keeper ....misbahs fielding has been brilliant as well !

Run Rate : 5.90 Current Partnership: 43(65)

lollol said:
And the doosra again

according to CRICinfo.. thats ALL he bowls!!! lollll

- - -- - - - - - ------

26.4 Saeed Ajmal to RG Sharma, 1 run
26.3 Saeed Ajmal to Dhoni, 1 run, the off break and turned to fine leg
26.2 Saeed Ajmal to Dhoni, no run, The doosra. It landed on the middle and leg, Dhoni thought it would turn in and tried to play towards the on side and got a leading edge to the off side.
26.2 Saeed Ajmal to Dhoni, no run, The doosra. It landed on the middle and leg, Dhoni thought it would turn in and tried to play towards the on side and got a leading edge to the off side.
26.1 Saeed Ajmal to RG Sharma, 1 run, on the middle and leg, swept down to long leg.

I think india has one of the quickets runners btw wicket ....dhoni , sharma,raina , shewag , ghambir & even pathan

End of over 30 (9 runs) - India 179/4

RG Sharma 26* (35b 2x4)
MS Dhoni 25* (42b)

Shahid Afridi 6-0-32-0
Saeed Ajmal 4-0-16-0

ajmal and tanno/rauf/rao ANYONE!!!
afridi can be used later

theres no urgency about the indians.. they ok to get singles..

Afridi has been too average to be Pak best bowling option in the Asia cup

ajmal doing a GREAT job

probably because the indians have no knowledge of his bowling style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back