Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 02/07/2008 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afridi needs to pick a wicket or two here. Rao to soem extent answered his critics. so should Afridi.

iafzal said:
Afridi has been too average to be Pak best bowling option in the Asia cup

thats cos pak are playing india & Sl ....easily the bets players of spin..hes going to be sucessful against most other team ....& you cant just ignore his performance in last one year & drop him cos off just couple of bad matches !

partnership alert!! PAK turn the screws, get these village level players out

Current partnership 55 runs, 13.0 overs, RR: 4.23 (Dhoni 24, RG Sharma 30)

I want to see a 100 from sharma & a quick 50 from YK pathan ......do we have enuf overs for that ?

IZEE - is it time for the show to begin?? the RAO and RAUF show soon at a pitch near u :D:D:D:D:D

Well, thats the positive of a offspinner on debut with a fine doosra.

The batsmen never faced him, and isnt able to pick it the very first few times. And if lucky, it can give u a wicket

Then the coach etc analyse the doosra on video, and the next time he bowls, its can be easily picked :p Unless its a very good one.

Gone are the days that Moin Khan could say "doosra", and no one except Saqlain knew what he had to do :p

that was a risky late cut just for a single ....sharma has to get rid of thsi tendency to gift wickets after playing well !

Can some of you actually start describing whats going on in the cricket.

singles all the way

"All three sticks were exposed there. Salim Malik, the fabulous player against spin, used to do that a lot. He would outside leg and depending on the length , either cut or drive"

Afridi is bowling quite terribly today.

Should this wicket keeper shout "very well bowled shahid bhai very well bowled" after every single delivery., its annoying.

Afridi has been completely ineffective. He is giving away easy singles, giving a boundary ball every over and has not looked like picking up a wicket at all. Ajmal has at least bowled 3 or 4 deliveries which could have got a wicket potentially.

Very dissapointed with Afridi. I was expecting more from him today. He is damn lucky to be playing in any case.

jusarrived said:
thats cos pak are playing india & Sl ....easily the bets players of spin..hes going to be sucessful against most other team ....& you cant just ignore his performance in last one year & drop him cos off just couple of bad matches !

Oh please stop with the excuses. Considering we will only be playing the likes of India and Sri Lanka for the next few years,, he needs to up his game.

Recent overs . . . . 1 1 | . 1 4 1 . 1 | 1 4 . . 1 1 | 1wd 1 1 . 1

Current partnership 72 runs, 15.4 overs, RR: 4.59 (Dhoni 35, RG Sharma 35)

India RR 5.91
Last 5 ovs 30/0 RR 6.00

Sohail back.

Good move by Misbah.

We need a wicket now.

Sohail Tanvir to bowl.

Terrible so far, 4 overs, 43 runs.

He's gotta get a wicket here.

Ball change.

in last one year afridi took 35 wickets, and 22 of them were against bangla, zimbabwe, hongkong

Saj said:
Can some of you actually start describing whats going on in the cricket.
After a blistering start, picket up 3 successive wicket, and the UV was looking good, but got contricted by Rao. Now Dhoni & Sharma looking very good.

No big hitting needed for them, he is keeping it at ~6 runs/over.

The W's commentating!

Aamir Sohail said "watch out for your toes, the two great Pakistani fast bowlers to take commentary" or something along those lines!

201-4

Need this partnership to break!

afridi feeling the pressure of being dropped? or maybe he is not fired up after hearing he might get dropped??

NeVerMind said:
Oh please stop with the excuses. Considering we will only be playing the likes of India and Sri Lanka for the next few years,, he needs to up his game.

lol why will I give excuses for afridi ?

FM87 said:
Should this wicket keeper shout "very well bowled shahid bhai very well bowled" after every single delivery., its annoying.

Yup espcially when he is not bowling very well. He can't even buy a wicket these days (just like he cannot buy a boundary these days).

India v's Pakistan & Wasim v's Waqar

a match within a match!!!

ps. Tanvir is bakc to ball

OMG OMG

THe two W's are back!!!!

:wasim :younis :wasim :younis

Doesnt really matter. Anyone wanna describe how the pitch is playing?

AJMAL should carry on imo with Tanno ... see how the mix up affects the players

FM87 said:
yes of course !!
we just can't see how good Afridi is bowling :po:

singles and two's are coming two fast for my liking! India are setting a good platform for a 300+ score here!

Need a wicket, come on Tanno!!!

lollol said:
OMG OMG

THe two W's are back!!!!

:wasim :younis :wasim :younis

Get them to bowl right now. It's the only way we can get a wicket. Tanvir just gone for 10 runs off his over.

10 in the end.

Tanvir 5 overs, 53 runs.

How are we to finish him?

Things looking bleak again.

We're extremely missing Umar Gul at the moment. :gul

Tanno with another expensive over, 10 from his over, come on Pakistan!!!! We need to get Dhoni!!!

the good thing is that these two i guess are the only danger left!

iZeeshan said:
10 in the end.

Tanvir 5 overs, 53 runs.

How are we to finish him?

Things looking bleak again.

don worry , dhoni will take care of that ! :)

Temujin Khaghan said:
Back to 6 runs per over :)
Ind 211/4 - 35overs RR 6.02

The thing you guys are not looking at, is that we could have been faced with 211 off 25 overs. Take heed that apparently this pitch is the same as all the Pakistani pitches.

Rana said:
the good thing is that these two i guess are the only danger left!

u haven't watched IPL did u? There is someone called Yusuf Pathan...his bro Irfan...Praveen who can slog, never connects though...Chawla is decent

Last edited:
WOW, tanvir is gone for 53 runs already, while he only has 5 over bowled :O

Jamal said:
The thing you guys are not looking at, is that we could have been faced with 211 off 25 overs. Take heed that apparently this pitch is the same as all the Pakistani pitches.

I thought it was a shame that the RR came down after the start, thats why the post

the only solution we have is to let Afridi open today i guess!

Temujin Khaghan said:
I thought it was a shame that the RR came down after the start, thats why the post

with our indian team it dosen matter if we are 200/0 or 120/4 by the 25th over .....our final score is always around 320 !

Only 3 runs from that. Not bad.

Jus need a wicket now.

askfasdlfw80935708345u4ofsalk;ghsgbn, bkvb

Much better from Afridi and Tanvir in the last two overs.

Just 6 runs coming from them.

But we need a wicket or two now if we are going to keep India below 300.

Not looking good.

Attachments

• 08-07-02 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[14-49-01].jpg
    08-07-02 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[14-49-01].jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 72
Very dissaponting performance by Afridi

10-0-52-0

our quickies have 8 overs left between them, no what?

brothers, the indians are slowing down.

each time they get less than 6 runs an over, pressure builds in thier minds i think!

I am home. So they are looking good for a 380 total.
No surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back