Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 26/06/2008| Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jun 1, 2001
Runs
96,024
Just over 30 minutes to the start of this match :-

Remember if you havent got access to watching this match, you can follow the entire match on PP Audio Commentary.

India squad
MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, PP Chawla, G Gambhir, M Gony, P Kumar, PP Ojha, IK Pathan, YK Pathan, SK Raina, V Sehwag, I Sharma, RG Sharma, RP Singh, RV Uthappa


Pakistan squad
Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Mansoor Amjad, Mohammad Yousuf, Nasir Jamshed, Saeed Ajmal, Salman Butt, Sarfraz Ahmed, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan
 
30 more minutes to go , it will be a intresting yet very important match for both side and Inshallah Pakistan will win .
What is the final XI for todays match any changes or pakistan going with the same team as the last match.
 
points are carried into the next round so i don't think we will be doing any experimenting with different players.
 
Whats the PP policy on streaming links?
 
darkmoon459 said:
30 more minutes to go , it will be a intresting yet very important match for both side and Inshallah Pakistan will win .
What is the final XI for todays match any changes or pakistan going with the same team as the last match.

arey bhai sabhar rakho 5 minute mein 11 players ki list aa jayegi.. bas kuch minute ki der hai
 
Yeah with points being carried forward this isn't a meaningless game.

Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat.
 
Hash said:
Yeah with points being carried forward this isn't a meaningless game.

Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. ^^ :afridi
 
P4K1 #1 said:
Pakistan should be looking for a 300+ score.

Only if the Beasty in your DP opens. He'll feast on Ishant Sharma and co if its not swinging.
Still, I think a good chance for a big hundred from somebody today inshallah. :akhtar
 
Hash said:
Yeah with points being carried forward this isn't a meaningless game.
Exactly. Sri Lanka is there too and one of the big three will have to make way for two in the finals.
 
Momo said:
Exactly. Sri Lanka is there too and one of the big three will have to make way for two in the finals.


lanka's got an advantage playing in the double minnow group ...

points shouldn't have been carried forward.
 
Watching the game on the net

Is there any site I could go to to watch the game on the net?
 
kashif77 said:
lanka's got an advantage playing in the double minnow group ...

points shouldn't have been carried forward.

Thats right. Pakistan probably needs to beat India either today or in the roundrobin stage (or both) in addition to beating SriLanka. Like you say, Sril Lanka has an advantage.
 
Just watching the intro - India beaten by Sri Lanka - 245 runs in Sharjah in 2000? :))) :)))

Can someone PM me a working stream link? - cheers
 
Last edited:
hope they follow the same policy as pak did in the final ...save wickets and then go bang bang bang
 
Please Lord make us open with Afridi
 
iZeeshan said:
*sigh*

same team.

Batting first. Should be good stuff.

Lookin at your avatar, i saw Khurram Manzoor's ODI figures.
Gettin the drop after scoring a maiden 50 on debut is a bit harsh.
 
Jamal said:
Lookin at your avatar, i saw Khurram Manzoor's ODI figures.
Gettin the drop after scoring a maiden 50 on debut is a bit harsh.
Its disappointing, but I don't consider it a drop. To be honest, there's no room for him in the team. Opening is "TECHNICALLY" fine. No room in middle order. So I don't blame selectors. I mean come on, Nasir hasn't even played.
 
Really hope to see S Malik get off to a good start and no ugly shots. HE really really needs this.
 
Random Aussie said:
Just watching the intro - India beaten by Sri Lanka - 245 runs in Sharjah in 2000? :))) :)))

Can someone PM me a working stream link? - cheers
yes, I remember the match. we got all out for 50 odd runs after Jayasurya alone scored almost 190 runs!!!!
 
Afridi not opening :(

Butt and Malik
 
I hope they dont use the same strategy of a slow start

This time india have more regular bowlers!!
 
Just leaving everything outside off. Both are clever cricketers. Praveen wants him to bite. And Butt knows that.
 
Im getting nervous, kumar getting to much movement for my liking :D
 
Great shot from Butt. Bit of a straight drive for 4.

Pakistan open their account.

4/0 1 over
Butt 4 (6)
Malik 0 (0)
 
For some reason I get an error when I try to Pm you Momo, sorry.

Quick single to Butt, maybe a run out chance but missed the stumps
 
Random Aussie said:
For some reason I get an error when I try to Pm you Momo, sorry.
You can't PM here. Just post it. Then edit your post.
 
Stupid butt, almost run-out malik

Whats it with this guy??? He gets himself runout every time, and also his partner....
 
Same approach as Kitply final ^^. No problems here
 
Hands down Butt is the worst runner in cricket currently.
 
Slow but steady start by Pakistan.

Pak 6/0

Malik 1 from 8
Butt 5 from 10
 
Problem is kitply tactic could be risky - what if there is a mid order collapse like the other day.
 
Pakistani batsmen need to learn something about PLACEMENT.
 
imranahmed_khan said:
Hands down Butt is the worst runner in cricket currently.

You cannot say that when Danish Kaneria still lurks.
 
dblock said:
Problem is kitply tactic could be risky - what if there is a mid order collapse like the other day.
Agree, and besides, arent they now with 1 more regular bowler??? I really hope they dont think they can use the same strategy..
 
lollol said:
We are talking about regular batsmen :)

He got a great score against South Africa in a Test batting with Rana Naved. Regular i say.
 
I really hope we start increasing the run rate. We should really go after these bowlers' throats
 
RP trying the bouncer again, but it hasnt the necessary speed :)
 
We need to send at least one or two boundaries an over.

This wicket is dead. Also Afridi needs to come in early
 
Dead wicket
Slow start
Not all too good bowlers from PAK
Viru + Gauti

.........


I hope this goes good.......
 
Ok honestly, I was being patient, but this wicket is dead beat! At least get some singles! Rotate the strike, its a right-lefty!!!!
 
would have been better to give Afridi a go and see him blast away Sehwag style
 
Jamal said:
I think theyre seeing off Kumar.
Indeed they are...

Its simple as that: kumar with the new ball is too good for our openers...
 
Where can i apply for batting coach for PAK??

I can learn them something about placing the ball....
 
Both batsman hitting the ball nicely but straight to the fielders

Crap shot from Malik, move your feet!
 
Last edited:
lollol said:
Indeed they are...

Its simple as that: kumar with the new ball is too good for our openers...

Meh he took the Aussies apart aswell. But i think theyre gonna have to have a go after the 8th or 9th over. :butt
we'll need 300 +++ to be sure of a win. :butt :moyo :afridi :sohail
 
Just keep wickets and hand and try to get 4 runs an over. That would work, yes.
 
Random Aussie said:
Both batsman hitting the ball nicely but straight to the fielders
Thats what i was saying.

But they hit it with the right length TO the fielders... if they place it a little bit short, they can take easy singles... just like the last ball btw
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top