Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 6/11/09 | Pak innings

I DONT FEEL AS HOPELESS ANYMORE!
and I'm glad butt is getting his confidence back.

Did anyone MARK MY WORDS when I said Khalid Latif will score a century today?

First 50 run opening stand in the last 7 ODIs for us.

Khalid Latif loves planting his feet and meeting the ball with his arms extended.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
The score would have been much better than 48 in 10 overs if Akmal came as opener.
I'll take 48 in 10 ovs without the loss of a wkt any time over 69-3 in 10 overs..With Akmal as an opener,you are not sure if he's gonna last long...We'll need him down the order..

Keep consolidating to 100 in the 20th over; if we havent lost any wickets it would be IDEAL.

So far I would say it's decent from the openers. Could have been a lot worse you know.

RR at 6.62. Might get very tight later in the game. Need to get that down a bit now.

Latief got to have the worst feet movement of all Pak openers I have seen. Oh actuall he has not feet movement at all.

His moto seems to be stand and deliver.

iafzal said:
Latief got to have the worst feet movement of all Pak openers I have seen. Oh actuall he has not feet movement at all.

Its working right now !

iafzal said:

I've said the same thing to my bro

Waqar doesn't like this bowling.

Latif is effective.

Poison said:
Its working right now !
For now maybe for later we will have to wait and see.
The running between the wkt is quite poor they should be converting some of those one into 2 not the other way around

Omar Malik said:
He has no feet movement but still is effective!

He has a very ordinary technique Latif. But he can create nice pressure against the bowlers at times.

Going at about 4.5 rpo.

Waqar's commentary is lacking that zing, there's no more hilarious random moments of linguistic failure.

Butt is the ultra-sloMo version of Anwar ;-)

iafzal said:

Need to correct Latief's moto is stand and nudge or poke and if you bowl on the leg I will hit a boundary.

btw Butt is anchoring the inning literally not in a good way. I guess that is what a duck does to you.

I don't know what kind of mindset Butt has. Consumes too many deliveries without being effective.

Butt just struggling a little bit, he'll be ok after a boundary.

iZeeshan said:
Er, Latif has done the job 2/2 times.

What's so bad about him?

He's impressed me by his temperament and persistence the most...and the fact that when he sees a bad ball, he puts it away 9/10. Good solid opening player, at least on these types of tracks.

Latif looking classy. Butt keep rotating the strike and no run outs. We are cruising so don't mess it up.

Latif playing really well. At least he is consistently finding the odd boundery as well as taking singles.

How can Butt be on 28 off 45 on this track?

Umar Akmal would have been good in this kind of match, but then again he did need a rest for being our best batsman.

Lets hope Latif brushes some of that class onto Butt.

I'd stick with Latif.

When was the last time we had an opener score 50 in consecutive games.

Also, last game, yes he played slow, but after an 0/2 start, you couldn't expect anything more from a youngster. He's perfect.

GLORY OF '92 said:
Latif looking classy. Butt keep rotating the strike and no run outs. We are cruising so don't mess it up.

Required run-rate is 6.7, so New Zealand keeping them in means they are cruising.

powerplays are safely negotiated by Butt, now field is well spread and Butt can play big shots now. Because its highly unlikely that any of Butt's big shot will reach the fielders in the deep!

Couldn't he have gotten Butt out!?

Latif was playing beautifully.

iZeeshan said:
I'd stick with Latif.

When was the last time we had an opener score 50 in consecutive games.

Also, last game, yes he played slow, but after an 0/2 start, you couldn't expect anything more from a youngster. He's perfect.
Great job with the jinx.

A 100-ball 40 by Butt will be worse than the duck he scored on Tuesday.

Back