Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 6/11/09 | Pak innings

If they run instead of jogging, they'll get some doubles. But I'm sure Younis has a plan............

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Good thing is that there are still 9 wickets in hand.
Darn it. The official "Black Cat" has crossed our path again. Whom are you taking this time, Butt or the captain?

Good stuff Butt..just shuffling across and flicking the ball for a two..I like that.

am just hoping that the fire-power later on doesnt back fire

Don't worry, Butt won't do anything at least before his fifty. Now it's another question if he can do anything even after his fifty.

They need to go after Oram since they can't seem to do much with Vettori

sagar said:
Don't worry, Butt won't do anything at least before his fifty. Now it's another question if he can do anything even after his fifty.
Being a bit to harsh on Butt. He's played a pretty good innings. S/R over 75

Watch YK will now hit a boundry. I just have a feeling.

"On another note, have anyone noticed that whenever Pakistan gets a good opening stand, which is quite rare, its middle and lower order batting fails, be it tests or ODIs. Hope this does not happen today again though" (by someone on cricinfo)....very true..

Just got done with clas. Hasn't been such a bad start for Pakistan though I would have expected Kami to come in at no. 3. Let's hope Malik make make the most of his start here and score a match-winning hundred

Be patient. This is an excellent platform created by both openers. This is exactly how you chase 300+ runs.

Inswinger said:
Going by your calculations he should only have 4 boundaries by now.
Maybe he is not gonna hit anyone for next 10. :p

Just kidding i was just pointing the way he is playing. :)

GLORY OF '92 said:
Need 80 or less to be target in last 10.

That means they have to go at around 7 rpo from now til the 40th.

Need some intelligent play. Pick up many singles and punish the bad balls.

Inswinger said:
Being a bit to harsh on Butt. He's played a pretty good innings. S/R over 75
Yeah and our required rate is up aroung 7.5. I don't know if he will be able to pace his innings even after his fifty. That's just the type of player he is.

our top order should adopt "do it yourself" approach instead of "leave it on others"

If younis is planning to bat slow but steady for the first 30 overs and then if his plan is to have stage set for kami and lala's explosives and what if both get out for ducks or very cheaply then is he doing something wise?

BD-fan said:
Be patient. This is an excellent platform created by both openers. This is exactly how you chase 300+ runs.
Unfortunately Aussies dont know this method and still they are i think the most successful chasing big totals.

Omar Malik said:
Now the required RR hits 7.4
Ind started their chase with 7.5 yesterday. 100 runs in last 10 overs (5 powerplay is nothing).

It was unfortunate that Latif get out. He was starting to get loose and he is a pretty big hitter.

Key is rotating the strike, which the current pair are struggling to do.

GLORY OF '92 said:
YK putting too much pressure on butt.

YK can shift up a gear after being in for a bit. I am not sure Butt can do the same. I think he will fall after his 50. He'll start throwing his bat.

BD-fan said:
Ind started their chase with 7.5 yesterday. 100 runs in last 10 overs (5 powerplay is nothing).

Yep and Pak is renowned for getting around 100 in the last 10 overs of an innings - MashahAllah

I think now they are getting a little comfortable with this strategy. They won't make a move at least until after 30th over. I hope they do something before that but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

SulmanPK said:
Unfortunately Aussies dont know this method and still they are i think the most successful chasing big totals.
Two different sets of players. There is no such ONLY method is chasing big totals. All depends on the what type of players are playing and where. Aussies are good at their way. Pak is good at their ways as well. As long as the end goal is met the method is not that important.

Omar Malik said:
hahahaha Rameez having a go as to why is Danny Morrison is sitting with the NZ crew!

didnt those 2 have like a mini argument during the first odi, regarding the age of mohammad aamer and other pakistani cricketers.....ramiz raja at some point said why cant you people believe us

Back