Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 6/11/09 | Pak innings

Shoaib Akhtar's Fan said:
After one of these gets out, we need one of the power hitters to come up the order.
no we have another snail to follow :moyo

I think they are probably trying see Vettori's overs off with out losing any wicket.

BD-fan said:
Two different sets of players. There is no such ONLY method is chasing big totals. All depends on the what type of players are playing and where. Aussies are good at their way. Pak is good at their ways as well. As long as the end goal is met the method is not that important.
I didnt know until now that pakis are good at chasing big totals. :D

Shoaib Akhtar's Fan said:
After one of these gets out, we need one of the power hitters to come up the order.
That would be a great startegy.

butt gets 50, now we have to see him for another 10 ODIs at least (God have mercy on us)

Now lets what Butt can do after he has his fifty. Should be relieved now. Should be more assertive now.

he deserved this one considering the fact that he's been just horrible lately..getting out at 0 several times and all that....now i hope he plays aggressively and get us out of trouble..

Omar Malik said:
50 for Salman Butt

His maiden ODI 50 against NZ
wow! from 0 in the first odi to mashallah 50 in the second...applaudable...i wish i could eat all the things i said about battah earlier but i guess i cant! :butt :14:

They are scoring at 4 runs per over. Maybe they are looking to score 10 per over in powerplays.

At least one boundry in an over is a must now.

Wajahet: "that missed lbw of Younis Khan off vettori by Umpire can prove costly for Pakistan as he can stay there and keep eating deliveries." @ Cricinfo Ditto!

A guy on cricinfo says that wrong decision in favour of Younis could prove costly for Pakistan as he'll eat up deliveries...:p

sagar said:
Now lets what Butt can do after he has his fifty. Should be relieved now. Should be more assertive now.
If he can score some quick runs of vettori. It'd be great. And its easy for him being left hander

coy0607 said:
didnt those 2 have like a mini argument during the first odi, regarding the age of mohammad aamer and other pakistani cricketers.....ramiz raja at some point said why cant you people believe us

I dont know about this one as I just watched the highlights of the 1st ODI!

SulmanPK said:
If he can score some quick runs of vettori. It'd be great. And its easy for him being left hander
It's one thing to say it's easy but another to actually do it. Seems unlikely for Butt.

Khabri420 said:
30 balls are enough to settle down. Now is the time to accelerate
Younus Khan's car is on cruise which is set on 50 (in other words at 50SR)

I don't wanna critisize captain. But what the hell, is he doing?

sagar said:
It's one thing to say it's easy but another to actually do it. Seems unlikely for Butt.
Actually he is the only spinner and butt cant hit fast bowlers well. So what else could i hope for. :(

i wish vettori has got Younus Khans wicket now, the batting captain is taking this match out of Pakistans grasp.

I still believe We can do it, if run rate is kept under 8 bcz Kiwis are not good bowling at depth.

Why is everyone picking on Butt ? The guy has played a very decent innings so far and lets hope, he can do well from here on as well.

adarsh_bang said:
you sure you not confusing him with malik sid??? :D
Well certain things are guaranteed with the captaincy :yk.Since Malik is no more a captain,things have changed.

adarsh_bang said:
you sure you not confusing him with malik sid??? :D

People hate Butt more than Malik

1.Faisal Iqbal
2.Salman Butt
3.Shoaib Malik
4.Misbah Ul Huq.
5. Rao

YK seems hellbent on scoring 30 or 40 runs no matter how long it takes , even if it means we lose the game

Younis really does look badly out of form out there.

Just hope YK silences all critics while playing a perfectly timed match winning innings

One PP still left. Pak should have it easy from here on

dirk diggler said:
YK seems hellbent on scoring 30 or 40 runs no matter how long it takes , even if it means we lose the game
Hey, he has to show that he can score to justify his captaincy.

dirk diggler said:
Dont know whats wrong with us. Either we play too fast and loose too many wickets or we play like that run rate increases too fast. :(

Back