Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 6/11/09 | Pak innings

Why akmal? Needed to be kept back for PP. We can still win just need to keep our heads.

*sallu* said:
Oh please, atleast don't blame him for the wrong things. Its not like Afridi was trying to hit it for 6 first ball. It was just a regular dismissal

look mate when you need 8 an over from the moment you walk in and your name is afridi, you're not gonna hang around, this was always on the card after woeful display from YK. Afridi can bat for a lengthy period as he's shown, but not under these circumstances

Poison said:
Lol at the idiots in this thread.
Before:
"No no we want Afridi yaaay!"
After:
"Oh he's out what a retard"

Fickle.

There should be a rule in cricket, "First ball, try ball" :afridi

What is with the batting order change. Make Butt hit the ball or get out. Not enough strike rotation. MoYo or Malik should be in middle

Poison said:
Lol at the idiots in this thread.
Before:
"No no we want Afridi yaaay!"
After:
"Oh he's out what a retard"

Fickle.

I always wanted Kamran in before Afridi. If no Kamran then Afridi.

just come home watched Afridi coming out instead of Yousef *** ??? After Afridi gets out Kamran Akmal comes out wtfffff ? And now looking at team players and no UMAR AKMAL ??? *** is happening ?

Some people are already leaving the ground after Afridi's fall.

It was a bit naive of Pakistan to expect to score more than 170 in the last 20 overs a second time in a row. Very naive.

dirk diggler said:
look mate when you need 8 an over from the moment you walk in and your name is afridi, you're not gonna hang around, this was always on the card after woeful display from YK. Afridi can bat for a lengthy period as he's shown, but not under these circumstances

Why the hell are you making excuses? Pressure is part of international cricket. If you can't face it, don't bother playing.

I love how we won the last game and now that we might lose the second, people are completely lambasting the team.

The series will still be 1-1 folks.

There's still 20 overs to go...what is wrong with you people?

shane said:
It was a bit naive of Pakistan to expect to score more than 170 in the last 20 overs a second time in a row. Very naive.
Think of it as a T20. 170 to win but your 0/3

iHammad said:
Pakistan has played some awesome cricket today.
The bowling was awesome!
And the batsmen have played match winning innings!

Pak on course to win now!
:pakflag2
I can understand your feelings mate. You need a cup of tea. :p

*sallu* said:
Butt survives

NO!!! Butt really did do a lot today. Dropped a catch, fielded poorly, now all he needs to do is play his tuk tuk cricket.

mindless slogging said:
Kiwi's have won.

Pakistan selection, organisation etc is a joke.

Lovin the positive vibes ...

Really we are about 30 runs short of where we should be ... which doesn't necessarily mean we are out of it... but it is looking like it's gonna require someone to pull something out of the bag

start hitting already don't worry we have razzaq malik, and yusuf just play freely like last game.. (to akmal)

SulmanPK said:
I can understand your feelings mate. You need a cup of tea. :p
I did a half-day of school for this.
Kya larkiyoon ki tarhaan khel rahay hain. :14:

iZeeshan said:
I love how we won the last game and now that we might lose the second, people are completely lambasting the team.

The series will still be 1-1 folks.

If the performance is decent, noone would lambast the side. When the team performance has been littered with horrendeous decisions and a stupid game-plan, they deserve the lambasting.

I personally would have sent in Yousuf at 4, downt undertstand this fro Younus, Afridi is a once in a blue moon player as far as his batting is concerned. If Yousuf is too slow, then why not Malik whos able to keep it going.

another one gone looks like the captains strategy is not working lol

Suicide. Styris destroying us. Can malik, butt, yousuf and razzaq save us.
We do this too often. Hit the ball on the ground or over the top.

PP should be taken but i belives its only for the last 15 overs so too bad

Well as I said earlier you can not allways rely on afridi and akmal to do the job.

What the hell is going on? Scotty Styris bringing us down? :)))

pak4life said:
another one gone looks like the captains strategy is not working lol[/QUOTE
its worked for him...he'll end up being the second top scorer in the Pak innings

The is the time for Yousuf to do something. He has often been accused of not being able to deliver when the situation demands. This is the perfect opportunity for him to shut those critics, that is if he can.

shahzadddd said:
Lovin the positive vibes ...

Really we are about 30 runs short of where we should be ... which doesn't necessarily mean we are out of it... but it is looking like it's gonna require someone to pull something out of the bag

Positive/negative etc etc and there is a thing called watching a match and reporting on it. If you were impartial, you'd see the tactics would never warrant a win for Pakistan, and that looks the way it will pan out.

I was afraid of this, relying on the 'fire power' later on might just back fire and it has....

Butt's going to lead us to victory with Razzaq. Just you watch.

Malik & Yousuf just need to get us a quick 60 runs somehow.

Younis is not good enough for number 3. Period. His slow batting put too much pressure on the rest of the team. He has to move to 4 or 5.

Back