Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 6/11/09 | Pak innings

iZeeshan said:
Butt's going to lead us to victory with Razzaq. Just you watch.

Malik & Yousuf just need to get us a quick 60 runs somehow.
Thats the spirit. :D

The tactics have been complete rubbish today. It's all very well conserving wickets when you bat first but, under the pressure of a run chase in addition to Pakistan's complete lack of temperament, they have managed to throw away another chance of a rare series win.

What's the point sending in Yousuf now when the rate is nigh on 8.5 an over. Better to just send in Razzaq and take the gamble.

90MPH said:
Younis is not good enough for number 3. Period. His slow batting put too much pressure on the rest of the team. He has to move to 4 or 5.
Yup. He is only good against india or lanka

Bublu Bhuyan said:
The is the time for Yousuf to do something. He has often been accused of not being able to deliver when the situation demands. This is the perfect opportunity for him to shut those critics, that is if he can.

let me guess, run out or ran somebody out?

shane said:
The tactics have been complete rubbish today. It's all very well conserving wickets when you bat first but, under the pressure of a run chase in addition to Pakistan's complete lack of temperament, they have managed to throw away another chance of a rare series win.

well there is still one more odi to go..still there is a faint glimmer of hope somewhere in the distance

Piyare ammi piyaray abbu fauzia nadia bablu pablu chalo chalain funland

Pakistan should alway bat first and open with Afridi. So the people who leave can leave early. 20 overs left here

cricket_fever said:
well there is still one more odi to go..still there is a faint glimmer of hope somewhere in the distance

Yes, luckily they had two chances to win the series. They appear to have squandered the first and, although I have always defended Younis Khan, this time he absolutley IS to blame.

Last edited:
cricket_fever said:
Off course why are we being so disappointed. We can win the toss that day, otherwise i'm afraid result is not gonna be much different.

90MPH said:
Younis is not good enough for number 3. Period. His slow batting put too much pressure on the rest of the team. He has to move to 4 or 5.

You are beeing too kind, he should move to 12th.

Pakistani computer programmer comes in. Now the batting to look like 0,0,1,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0,1

Can't believe UMAR AKMAL of all players was dropped!

And see, opening isn't the problem. Younus is.

We got a 77 opening start, and yet we're still failing.

Malik should have come out but anyway, 20 overs to go now, Pakistan just need to go all guns blazing now... living in the dream world, Butt and Yousuf are out there.

Mohd Yousuf is such a useless player. I forget why he's in the team.

Khalil said:
Pakistani computer programmer comes in. Now the batting to look like 0,0,1,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0,1

Better than:

W00010
0W0W01

Isn't it? :p

This is absolutely ridiculous. This was totally the wrong time to bring Afridi and Akmal out to bat. If anything, Afridi should have been brought out after the loss of the first wicket (when will team learn he performs differently chasing rather than setting a target – in chase stick him in top three to get better use otherwise he plays a mindless slog). Now, we do not have any explosive power hitters (Razzaq is too inconsistent since his return to the team) although we are chasing over 300 today.

Also, makes the ridiculous decision to drop Umer Akmal ever more astonishing. With stupid decisions like this is it any wonder Younis hasn’t one a single bilateral series as captain.

Butt again ? Now is it still game on ? Razzaq to win it for Pakistan ?

Khalil said:
They always mix up. Programming in cricket, and cricket in programming :p

Subhan Allah, and I thought the batting collapses wouldn't happen in ODIs....

Omar Malik said:
Malik walks in!

Well we didnt have to wait too long for this!

Malik and Yousuf. Remember the partnership between them against India.

been a bad day for me..all my sports teams have lost except for the yankees

4 wickets lost in about 4 overs....... i'm pretty close to putting some expletives in my message now....

amar1212 said:
been a bad day for me..all my sports teams have lost except for the yankees

same...!!! Liverpool almost out of the Champions League!

What is wrong with rameez and waqar? Afridi came in at 4 as the Req. RR were above 7 and waqar is saying that it was wrong to send him at 4. Had yousuf come at 4 and wasted deliveries Waqar would have said that Afridi should have come in earlier. Really irritating.

That six shows us why Yousuf should not be moved down to occupy Afridi and Akmal in the future.

The guy can bat.

I wouldn't mind if MoYo and Malik play out the remaining overs in 1s and 2s. The match is beyond us. All about damage control now.

Or Maybe not :moyo

Last edited:
Which genius came up with the idea of sending Afridi and Akmal before MoYo and Malik. I am not sure what YK was thinking about.

saqlain said:
Which genius came up with the idea of sending Afridi and Akmal before MoYo and Malik. I am not sure what YK was thinking about.
Do he really thinks before he act?

I would never give up as long as Yousuf is on the crease along with Malik and Razzaq, they can do it. Just plau sensibly and keep an eye on RRR.

kingusama92 said:
That six shows us why Yousuf should not be moved down to occupy Afridi and Akmal in the future.

The guy can bat.
Lolz. You sure at no. 4 he'd have done the same. :)

Back