Pakistan vs South Africa | 2nd Test | Lahore | 11/10/07 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Younis Khan should have batted like this in 20/20 when he played a maiden over against Srisanth.

Younis Khan hitting 4's all over the place, at least he is entertaining which is more than I can say for Kallis and co.

Nel getting the treatment; 51/1

Easa said:
Younis Khan hitting 4's all over the place, at least he is entertaining which is more than I can say for Kallis and co.

i would rather have kallis scoring a century every inning

Easa said:

Its good to see YK in a positive mode and been aggrasive ,but i rather have him and pakistan to play like Kallis and co to save or may be win the match instead.

Only 398 runs to win, we'll get it with a session to go on day 5. The regular batsman only need to get 98 runs because Kaneria is set for a 300. :19:

Why are we all on Akmal's case? Unlike the rest of our "prolific" batsman, he scored runs in the first innings and has kept pretty decently.

It can't be easy keeping for 235 overs and also opening the batting.

Islamabadi said:
ok maybe pcb just need to drop him for a couple of series...

No I think playing him as an opener is not a bad idea.

He has done well opening before, it's not a new thing for him. And he has been consistent in this series.

It's just a thought.

But no point in dropping him if there isn't anyone better.

Nel absolutely smashed through cover by Akmal.

68/1

And caressed through cover again for 4, Kamran playing some sexy shots.

72/1

at least some excitement for the crowd who have been bored senseless by SA

Throughout this test match, why has Harris consistently looked a much much better bowler then Kaneria? It can't be simply because of the quality of batsmen, because Kaneria and Rehman dont even seem to trouble the tail.

12:44 11Oct2007 RTRS-PAKISTAN BOWLER SHOAIB AKHTAR BANNED FOR 13 INTERNATIONAL MATCHES - PAKISTAN CRICKET BOARD

For Related News, Double Click on one of these codes:
[SNS] [SNI] [CRIC] [PK] [SPO] [ASIA] [EMRG] [LEN] [RTRS]
Thursday, 11 October 2007 12:44:12RTRS [nLA467742] {EN**ENDS

TaZ said:
12:44 11Oct2007 RTRS-PAKISTAN BOWLER SHOAIB AKHTAR BANNED FOR 13 INTERNATIONAL MATCHES - PAKISTAN CRICKET BOARD

For Related News, Double Click on one of these codes:
[SNS] [SNI] [CRIC] [PK] [SPO] [ASIA] [EMRG] [LEN] [RTRS]
Thursday, 11 October 2007 12:44:12RTRS [nLA467742] {EN**ENDS

so he is going to miss al this indian series then how pathetic are the PCB

Harris being given utmost respect (7 overs 4 maidens 4 runs conceded).

Seamers not so effective right now.

Bishop just confirms shoaib suspension for 13 games and will be available for indian tour

26.6 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run, on the middle and off, defended on the front foot
Shoaib Akthar is in the stadium and the crowd roar after they spot him in the big screen
26.5 Harris to Younis Khan, 1 run, floated on the off and middle and Younis sweeps on length, down to long leg

26.6 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run, on the middle and off, defended on the front foot
Shoaib Akthar is in the stadium and the crowd roar after they spot him in the big screen

it'd be good to get to close of play without gifting a wicket now

End of over 31 (2 runs) - Pakistan 108/1

Younis Khan 48* (76b 8x4) PL Harris 10-4-13-0
Kamran Akmal 49* (94b 7x4) M Ntini 6-2-24-1

Bad light strikes again and that's that. End of day 4.

well played younis and kami....now we need to build on that and win this game tomorrow

108 for 1 at close!

AMAZING!

Anyway, these two have done well. Fingers crossed.

lets hope that one of these to can stick out for Pakistan and play a big innings coz otherwise there is only one result and thats a south africa victory

We can not win this match because the required run rate is almost 4 so our mindset has to be to play out the remaining overs. We can not be whitewashed.

Saudi said:
We can not win this match because the required run rate is almost 4 so our mindset has to be to play out the remaining overs. We can not be whitewashed.

We should look to score around 100 runs by lunch and another 100 runs by tea.

Which leaves 150 to get in the post tea session. If we have 7 or 8 wickets in hand then we can have a bash for a few overs and see how it goes.

Hash said:

Which leaves 150 to get in the post tea session. If we have 7 or 8 wickets in hand then we can have a bash for a few overs and see how it goes.

reality check mate!! we are talking about pak
we will collapse and be out for 200

pak4life said:

Let's hope the players have the same attitude as you :19:

Hash said:

Exactly. Batsman need to buckle down and put in the hard work here. If we have that many wickets in hand at tea, I would fancy anything less than 180 ish.

It's a tough ask though. The key is to keep wickets long enough to demoralize SA. Easier said that done.

As soon as 1 wicket falls we will see the usual prescestion of one player making the tea and others joining pretty quickly!

Best pakistan can hope for is a draw!

no chane

Pakistan dont have a chance, they must just stay in there to get batting practise i guess they need it :)
:27:

Amjid Javed said:
As soon as 1 wicket falls we will see the usual prescestion of one player making the tea and others joining pretty quickly!

Best pakistan can hope for is a draw!
i don't know AJ i just have a feeling that Pakistan's batting won't collapse this time around. Inzi is a man on a mission.

kablooee87 said:
Exactly. Batsman need to buckle down and put in the hard work here. If we have that many wickets in hand at tea, I would fancy anything less than 180 ish.

It's a tough ask though. The key is to keep wickets long enough to demoralize SA. Easier said that done.
Younis & Akmal partnership is the key for me. If these two can extend it to 150+ Pakistan will fancy their chance

pak4life said:
Pakistan have collpased 3 times already & if the saying that Pakistan are unpredictable is true than we might see the boys give SA a run for their money

Hash said:

Thats a very good suggestions, however, I will say Pakistan should preserve wickets in first hour in the morning, even if they score 20-30 runs in first hour it will be fine as long as they do not lose wickets.

Second hour before lunch they could score some runs and in total if they could score 70-80 runs before lunch without losing any wicket. This will leave them with 270 in remaining two sessions with 9 wickets in hand.

After lunch they could start going after runs, and if needed should promote Misbah to number 4 and Malik to number 5 position. This way they will have Yousaf and Inzi if they needed to score around 4 runs an over or to use the time in last 1 hour of the game.

We should SALUTE Smith for playing some bold and smart cricket and giving a target of only 450 not 550 to pakistan for chasing.

hellopak said:
Thats a very good suggestions, however, I will say Pakistan should preserve wickets in first hour in the morning, even if they score 20-30 runs in first hour it will be fine as long as they do not lose wickets.

Second hour before lunch they could score some runs and in total if they could score 70-80 runs before lunch without losing any wicket. This will leave them with 270 in remaining two sessions with 9 wickets in hand.

After lunch they could start going after runs, and if needed should promote Misbah to number 4 and Malik to number 5 position. This way they will have Yousaf and Inzi if they needed to score around 4 runs an over or to use the time in last 1 hour of the game.

We should SALUTE Smith for playing some bold and smart cricket and giving a target of only 450 not 550 to pakistan for chasing.
The problem in this is that in trying to preserve wickets Pakistan might end up lossing 1-2 wickets. Second Younis & especially akmal are not the type of batsman who will try to keep their wickets intact. Best is to let Akmal & younis play the way they were playing today & hope they can stretch their partnership from 93 to 150+.

Be positive, guys and hope for the best :19: ! If start being negative like this then how will you enjoy while watching the match?????? So, I would suggest all of you to be positive.

Argh if only the day was COMPLETELY FINISHED!

W/e, if wickets are in hand, anything is possible. DO NOT GO FOR DRAW! STUPID! We lose the series ANYWAY, and tbh this can be drawn really easily because the pitch is nothing.

So, try 100-110 by Lunch. 110 more by Tea. And finish off the last 130 runs with Inzi, Misbah, and Malik. YOUSUF MUST PLAY WELL TOMORROW.

Come on Inzi! One last time!! Do it for Pak!! :D

This is the last time we will see Younis, Yousuf and Inzi in the middle order so come on...please...lets mak it count!! :D

South Afrca have laid down the challange for us by declaring, now its our turn to accept the challange and win this match.

who knows if Akmal continues to play like this, we just might come close.

First session 100 runs, second 100runs and third blitzkrieg!!

Batters to come

Inzi
Yousaf
Misbah
Malik

TalhaSyed said:
Come on Inzi! One last time!! Do it for Pak!! :D

This is the last time we will see Younis, Yousuf and Inzi in the middle order so come on...please...lets mak it count!! :D

South Afrca have laid down the challange for us by declaring, now its our turn to accept the challange and win this match.

Its Inzi's last match can he leave with his name in the record books (for chasing 450) or will he leave wit his head high (helping his team draw this match) or will he go out knowing that he could only muster those 6 runs so that he could break Miandads record while his team lose. We shall find out tommorow :)

Akmal or Younus has to go for a big knock here. If one of them can get 130 or more, and the other around 70, then Malik, Inzi,Yousaf and Misbah should be able to win it for us. Lets hope for the Best.

hellopak said:

...when you ask the opposition to score the highest EVER score in the 4th innings....there in NOTHING bold about it. Smart, yes....because he made sure that he is safe. If he had taken some more time to score another 100 runs for 550 run lead, he would have been an idiot in my book for giving enough time to his bowlers to bowl us out!

In my opinion, he played VERY VERY safe for himself!

deviously~fading~away said:
Its Inzi's last match can he leave with his name in the record books (for chasing 450) or will he leave wit his head high (helping his team draw this match) or will he go out knowing that he could only muster those 6 runs so that he could break Miandads record while his team lose. We shall find out tommorow :)

Option 1 please :D

Eid Special required from Inzi, Moyo and YK.

How did this thread get into triple figures....

Eid Special deffo!

But I hate to say it, I think the same exact thing that happened last time will happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back