Pakistan vs South Africa | Multan | 4th ODI | 26/10/07 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the feeling that Pollock is going to be gone soon, his luck is surely about to run out.

12thMan said:
Jackman didn't name Bowden when Gibbs was given LBW. He said Aleem Dar's name when he didn't like a wide call

Gul again in Covers
Jackass is an ungrateful ***** - in the 1st ODI presentation he took the pi55 out of the crowd with some sarcastic remarks towards them; in the 3rd ODI he laughed at our groundsman and their 'primitive' tools

The guy should realise that thanks to ARY (Pakistan) - he has employment! You dont see Skysports or ESPM etc rushing to hire him...

Two quick wickets here will change the game in favor of Pakistan.

Pak never make it easy on themselves do they, chance to rap up the series with an all out performance and what do you get. A horrendeous performance.

bad fielding by Mo Yo. Tried to race with the ball instead of trying to stop it

Shahid A said:
but them 2 wickets are very very unlikely arnt they?

This is cricket, yaar. =) Anything happen in cricket. I am still hopeful that we can win this game.

demolition job in progress...

match will be over by the 40th over.

Last edited:
Was the move to send in Pollock at 3 done to shield Kallis against the spinners...?? Given his poor performances in the previous matches..

Oxy said:
Jackass is an ungrateful ***** - in the 1st ODI presentation he took the pi55 out of the crowd with some sarcastic remarks towards them; in the 3rd ODI he laughed at our groundsman and their 'primitive' tools

The guy should realise that thanks to ARY (Pakistan) - he has employment! You dont see Skysports or ESPM etc rushing to hire him...

Oh believe you me I have lost count the amount of times I have wanted to hurl a brick at my laptop just to shut down the volume. I find him to be one of the most annoying commentators to have ever lived!

Ahmad said:
Was the move to send in Pollock at 3 done to shield Kallis against the spinners...?? Given his poor performances in the previous matches..

pinch hit

Ahmad said:

They did that in Test match against India on day 4 pitch. Kumble was bowling some good deliveries. Pollock was promoted up. He changed the complexion of the game with little innings. Actually this is a good move as Pollock with his long reach plays spinners pretty good. Kallis has just finished scoring 3 centuries in 2 tests.. why do you think he needs to be "shielded" from spinners. Probably i think they want to use powerplay fully as kallis is not such a freestroking player.

FAM said:
This is cricket, yaar. =) Anything happen in cricket. I am still hopeful that we can win this game.

yaar hows that gonna happen? Where all hoping but reality is where not :6:

jackal786 said:
They did that in Test match against India on day 4 pitch. Kumble was bowling some good deliveries. Pollock was promoted up. He changed the complexion of the game with little innings. Actually this is a good move as Pollock with his long reach plays spinners pretty good. Kallis has just finished scoring 3 centuries in 2 tests.. why do you think he needs to be "shielded" from spinners. Probably i think they want to use powerplay fully as kallis is not such a freestroking player.

I don't know. Maybe because Afridi's caused him a bucket full of problems? Maybe because he's dismissed him twice in this series only?!

dam! even if they get another wicket or 2/3 it will be really easy to chace! Allah please lets win its Friday I went to Jummah!

Ahmad said:
I don't know. Maybe because Afridi's caused him a bucket full of problems? Maybe because he's dismissed him twice in this series only?!

No that theory is far fetched. Couple of times you get dismissed by a bowler? suddenly you need protection?

Luton Bad Boy said:
Once our spinners quota are finished, the game will finish as well
we have enough spinners... malik, and younus can bowl too

Pollock and Smith need to go, it will put presure on the new batsmen and hopfuly that run rate will go higer

I missed SA's innings and when i looked at the cricinfo headline saying "Pollock and Smith consalidate" i thought they were like 6 down. :12:

oppopp said:
Pollock and Smith need to go, it will put presure on the new batsmen and hopfuly that run rate will go higer
i sure hope you mean rrr

PlanetPakistan said:
I missed SA's innings and when i looked at the cricinfo headline saying "Pollock and Smith consalidate" i thought they were like 6 down. :12:

:))

oppopp said:

Only way Pakistan can win from here is by bowling them out. Pretty hard to restrict them below 100 with 27 overs to go and 9 wickets in hand.

PlanetPakistan said:

:))) I bet that was quite a rude shock when you saw what was actually happening

jackal786 said:
No that theory is far fetched. Couple of times you get dismissed by a bowler? suddenly you need protection?

How far fetched is the theory that you need a pinch hitter chasing 230 when you're sitting pretty at over 6 runs an over?

Our fielders are like dead, they are playing like SA need 2 runs from 52 balls with 10 wickets in hand...

oppopp said:
dam! even if they get another wicket or 2/3 it will be really easy to chace! Allah please lets win its Friday I went to Jummah!

This is a masterpiece if ever there was one.
:))

If Gul can reverse swing it... and Asif starts making the ball drastically seam off the wicket... and Afridi produces some magic deliveries....and Rao bowls a few maidens.... We MIGHT just have a chance....

Then again....that would make the final match less exciting....Bring on Karachi...Oh uh...Lahore!

Ahmad said:
How far fetched is the theory that you need a pinch hitter chasing 230 when you're sitting pretty at over 6 runs an over?

Pollock is an all rounder. He is being used to score few extra runs in the power play. What's wrong with that! You are saying as if Kallis is going to get out to Afridi everytime. Smith was also dismissed frequently by Zaheer khan in SA. Did he open with a pinch hitter? You suggest as if Kallis is scared of Afridi ! That's why you theory is far fetched.

TalhaSyed said:
Im concerned if the spiners will have a problem gribing the ball if the due comes down :S what u lot think?

I knew this would cause a problem :6:

with the amount of dew even if we had scored 300 we would have lost.

I knew it was the wrong decision to bat first.

As Imran Khan said....even if there is a 10% chance of there being dew you should ALWAYS bowl first!

answer this:

why bat first if you have 2 spinners, the match starts at 1.30pm Pak time and you know that the 2nd innings will be affected by Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is where this game was lost - poor strategy, thinking

12thMan said:
sa 187-1 after 32 overs - need 44 to win
pak was 133-4

lets pray for a Mircle Shaid Afrid Takes 6 wickets followed by Asif Winning the match for Pakistan!

Pollock get caught at deep wicket off Gul but a no ball and gets a free hit instead

anotehr free hit for G Smith. Players were not satisfied with the last one. but an edge for 2 runs :108:

aussie-pak said:
umar gul showed his true colours today - he is not at international standards yet.
just a bad day at the office.... happens to the best of us.... Even to the great like McGrath and Warne

Safar55 said:
just a bad day at the office.... happens to the best of us.... Even to the great like McGrath and Warne

i know, but i dont no why i jsut dont see him becoming a great pakistani bowler!...... but hey, i did say the same wen i saw asif way back wen pak toured australia.

yes yes yes
just in the nick of time
they have not won yet
fasten your seatbelts

35.5 Iftikhar Anjum to Pollock, OUT, And he is gone now. No hundred but it was a fab innings. It landed on a length, on the off stump line, Ponting backed away and flat-bats it high in the air to long-off
SM Pollock c Shoaib Malik b Iftikhar Anjum 90 (84b 9x4 1x6) SR: 107.14

Cricinfo confused!!!

its a terrible pitch...the one like the pitch on which India and Pakistan test series was played in 2006...really this is just the way India played in late 90ss...I dont know why Malik is scared to play on sport picthes or is it PCB which is scared..I see a slow death of the traditional aggresive Pakistn cricket....Bowler look like trundlers. Even if they are effective, they are no joy to watch!!!..I mean spinner is Rehman, openers..hmmm,...Younis Khan, Malik, Misbah ..except for Moyo thats a very irresponsible and untrustworthy middle order?
really sorry if I am sounding too harsh..but I saw the first 8 overs f Pakistan batting and I was dissapointed with the pitch and the way the cricket was going...Yk And Yasir were playing Pollock like they were playing a spinner....really a horrible pitch

Rao's got decent figues considering the tonking we got...

Sohain should've played and we should've rested Asif until the India series.... I wouldn't be surprised if his elbow plays up again.... We always have that problem of bringing players back too sonn....even when Inzi Bhai was in charge

Lets hope we have a slow, low turning pitch at Lahore. Anything other then that i'm afraid might be a huge problem for us.

inzidabest said:
its a terrible pitch...the one like the pitch on which India and Pakistan test series was played in 2006...really this is just the way India played in late 90ss...I dont know why Malik is scared to play on sport picthes or is it PCB which is scared..I see a slow death of the traditional aggresive Pakistn cricket....Bowler look like trundlers. Even if they are effective, they are no joy to watch!!!..I mean spinner is Rehman, openers..hmmm,...Younis Khan, Malik, Misbah ..except for Moyo thats a very irresponsible and untrustworthy middle order?
really sorry if I am sounding too harsh..but I saw the first 8 overs f Pakistan batting and I was dissapointed with the pitch and the way the cricket was going...Yk And Yasir were playing Pollock like they were playing a spinner....really a horrible pitch

I agree that we're becoming too much like India (90s) for my linking... Medium pacers and making slow pitches suited for spin...

Problem is, we no longer have Wasim or Waqar of the 90s... I think Akhtar and Afridi can ignite this team... That's why we need AAAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back