Pakistan vs Zimbabwe | 5th ODI | Shiekhupura | 02/02/08 | Zim Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully speed guns are accurate today
and a bit of juice in the pitch
i would like to see Sohail Khan with new ball

I hope the speed gun is working properly and Sohail Khan shows us some of that speed he's got

If the speed gun is accurate today, i except Shohail's fastest ball at 147kmp.

Looking forward to other youngsters as well!

anyone info n the toss?

man its so much fun to listen to the likes of Mushy/Zaheer A and Wikcy bhai.......:):):)

someone tell me out of these 20 players we try in this series, how many of these guys will get a chance against any other team?

Manzoor, Riaz, Rizwan and Rauf to make their debutes, bring on the action!

Zimbabwe win toss and will bat first.
3 debuts- Abdur Rauf, Khurram Mnazoor, Wahab Riaz

Sohail Khan deserved another chance!

I thought Rizwan was a batsman but he is listed at # 11

Ole fashion Pakistani style...starting off witha wide.

Why couldnt we bat first? I am hoping to see Fawad and Sarfraz get a chance with the bat.

I just realized that there is no Sohail Khan! Why does Tanvir need to be playing!

Nasir Jamshed,
Khurram Manzoor,
Younis Khan,
Shoaib Malik,
Misbah-ul-Haq,
Fawad Alam,
Sarfraz Ahmed,
Sohail Tanvir,
Wahab Riaz,
Abdur Rauf,
Rizwan Ahmed

^^cricinfo listed team

nice field ...there is hardly any green spot on the entire field....well done PCB..

Stupidest move ever, dropping Sohail Khan after one match. He might be injured or something but if he is fully fit then i dont know why he wasnt chosen.

Guys how coem there is no crowd? I thought these guys like kirket?

inzibhai said:
someone tell me out of these 20 players we try in this series, how many of these guys will get a chance against any other team?

How are we supposed to know? we are not the selectors

wow what fielding .. is this australia or pakistan ?

Abdur Rauf has looked sharp so far. Good bounce and decent pace, haven't seen that much movement from him yet though. Seems to really on the shorter length rather than pitching the ball up

And just as I say it, he pitches it up and gets a return catch. Rauf gets his first wicket courtesy a brilliant catch

Zimbabwe 23/1 in 5.5 overs

Many people have lost interest in this match because Sohail and Afridi were dropped.

Rauf gets his first wicket!!!!

Second no-ball by Rauf. Free hit wasted by Williams, gets a bottom edge for a single

Speed guns are a waste of time! That sharp bouncer to Williams was clocked at 112 KPH.

It was about 25 kph faster than that.

Rauf squares up Sibanda with an absolute beauty. Speed gun showing that delivery as a 106 kph, was much quicker than that

Usman Sahib said:
Rauf squares up Sibanda with an absolute beauty. Speed gun showing that delivery as a 106 kph, was much quicker than that
:)) - it was about 30 KPh faster than that

These speed guns are duds PP, no point relying on them. Rauf is bowling a lot quicker than the 106-112 kph dollies the speed gun is constantly showing

Zimbabwe 27/1 in 8.1 overs

May be speed guns are reccording the speed at which the ball reaches the batsmen rather than when its bowled which is the norm every where else

Outfield is slow. That last drive from Sibanda would have been a certain boundary in most grounds in Pakistan

A Rauf gets a nice shape away from the bat. The only problem is that he is already 29 years old

Usman Sahib said:
Outfield is slow. That last drive from Sibanda would have been a certain boundary in most grounds in Pakistan
This ground doesnt seem to be in the best shape. No green on the field.

33/1 after 10 overs.

Sun is out now...i want to see the leg spinner in action before going to bed.

PlanetPakistan said:
A Rauf gets a nice shape away from the bat. The only problem is that he is already 29 years old
Im guessing thats what the selectors are planning to do with guys like Najaf and Sohail Khan as well. Wait till they are past their prime and bring them into the team.

Inswinger said:
This ground doesnt seem to be in the best shape. No green on the field.
Waqar and Mshy are talking about. The ground looks worse than a junkyard.

run out

Inswinger said:
Im guessing thats what the selectors are planning to do with guys like Najaf and Sohail Khan as well. Wait till they are past their prime and bring them into the team.
yeah- its quite frustrating.

PlanetPakistan said:
Already looks miles better than Rao Iftikhar, Shahid Nazir, Yasir Arafat etc

Even though this is only against Zimbabwe, we may have found three decent medium pacers in Rauf, Hussain and Sohail from this series. Hopefully likes of Rao will not be seen in Pakistan colours for quite some time

PlanetPakistan said:
Waqar and Mshy are talking about. The ground looks worse than a junkyard.

run out
Ive decide that the mute button is the best option! :D

Im hoping Fawad Alam comes in at one down today so he can have a chance to show his skill by playing a long innings.

Zimbabwe 40/2 in 11 overs

Mazakadza and Sibanda the two batsmen out. Taibu and Williams batting out there in the middle

Usman Sahib said:
Already looks miles better than Rao Iftikhar, Shahid Nazir, Yasir Arafat etc

Even though this is only against Zimbabwe, we may have found three decent medium pacers in Rauf, Hussain and Sohail from this series. Hopefully likes of Rao will not be seen in Pakistan colours for quite some time
Yeah its a real shame that this guy wasn't given a chance before.

I am not sure if Hussian is test class but Sohail and A Rauf can definitely play test cricket.

Suicidal run by the Zimbabweans. Wahab should have hit the target from such a close range

A Rauf's run up kind of reminds me of M Akram. The only difference is that M Akram use to run in a bit slower than AR.

Another no-ball from Rauf. No-balls have been the only unimpressive aspect of this guy's bowling today

Free hit wasted yet again, Williams misses it completely. Zimbabwe 44/2 in 12 overs

These youngsters are bowling and fielding with a lot of passion and excitement, something that has been missing from our team for a few series.

Torturous commentary and innocuous bowling attack. This is not fun!

One of the best catches I have ever seen......I'd play Rizwan just for his fielding!!!!

WHAT A CATCH! Unbelievable! Rizwan Ahmed diving full length and taking an acrboatic catch at point. Wahab Riaz picks up his wicket and Taibu walks back to the pavillion

Zimbabwe 48/3

tHIS BOY has pace never mind the gun can he swing the ball back in though

Waqar not too impressed with Wahab's action, called it "unrealistic".

This guy looks a natural to me. Was diving around quite a bit before this spectacular catch too

what does unrealistic mean is he an animation

13.3 Wahab Riaz to Taibu, OUT, Wow! Stunning catch at covers. That man Rizwan again. It was poor delivery - short and wide- and Taibu slashed it in the air but Rizwan took off in the air, left hand outstretched and was parallel to the ground when he took it. Watch it in the Youtube.

^ cricinfo

LOL

Pace said:
Waqar not too impressed with Wahab's action, called it "unrealistic".
Good pace so far. First ball was 141.1 kph! And with this faulty speed gun thats something!

Wahab Riaz's first over in international cricket is a wicket maiden. Excellent start by the youngster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back