New Zealand v Pakistan | 5th T20I | Christchurch | Jan 21 | Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Despite losing the series already, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Co. will aim to finish the T20 leg of their tour of New Zealand on a high in Pakistan vs New Zealand, 5th T20I in Christchurch on January 21, 2024, Sunday.

I would like to see Haris Rauf dropped for Aamer Jamal, and Rizwan rested for Haseeb and Farhan to open with Saim.

What changes would you like to see for the next game?

Wait for people to think Pakistan collapses to 20 all out if Babar and Rizwan don't play.

The delusions are laughable.

Wait for people to think Pakistan collapses to 20 all out if Babar and Rizwan don't play.

Babar and Rizwan are the main two batsmen who have performed in this series.

Why are you more concerned with them and not Saim, Chacha etc who have let the side down repeatedly over 4 games?

Drop Shaheen haris zaman and bring in Mir Hamza dahani and hasnain for next series.
Make sarfraz captain

Speaks volumes about the talent some fans here speak of so highly, when Sahibzada Farhan is forced into the side at number 5. Quite sure the lad hasn't batted at that position ever in T20 cricket, and here he is playing against a top team in their own yard at that position.

Brain-dead management of players.

We must drop Rizwan and Babar and open with Sahibzada and Saim. Followed by azam and iftikhar.
That way we'll end up scoring 230-240 and win our only game of the series

More likely to happen than Rizbar leading Pakistan to victory against a top level side.

Should give a chance to everyone in last game. I don't know why they played totally full strength team in the dead rubber today.

Hafeez: Yes, we lost the series 5-0, but in the end we were the better team.

Shaheen: We were experimenting. Give me some more time...I would make this team into champions.

Zaka Ashraf: I want all recently retired players to join the PCB and give me advice on how to run this Board.

Pakistan had already lost the series. So not sure why they do not rest some players and play. They could have rested Rizwan and Babar in the 4th T20I.Handing over responsibility completely to others is the best way for them to grow. With or without them they are losing anyway.

Pakistan had already lost the series. So not sure why they do not rest some players and play. They could have rested Rizwan and Babar in the 4th T20I.Handing over responsibility completely to others is the best way for them to grow. With or without them they are losing anyway.
If they rest then how they will maintained Ranking and stats padding ?

This series Pakistan should have rested / or rotate Rizwan ,Babar and Shaheen as they are definitely Going to Pay world t20 .

So where is the experiments or give bench strength chance to perform before WT20

Pakistan is repeating same mistake they repeated before last year world cup .

If they rest then how they will maintained Ranking and stats padding ?

This series Pakistan should have rested / or rotate Rizwan ,Babar and Shaheen as they are definitely Going to Pay world t20 .

So where is the experiments or give bench strength chance to perform before WT20

Pakistan is repeating same mistake they repeated before last year world cup .
Only team management that selects playing XI to save their face in a pointless bilateral is pakistan. All the other sides do a bit of experimentation at the risk of losing the series

Makes no difference, team has been exposed.

Shaheen should rested now with Rauf being dropped

We must drop Rizwan and Babar and open with Sahibzada and Saim. Followed by azam and iftikhar.
You never know until you know.

What we do know is that Babar and Rizwan playing against a full strength NZ side (which is still only 60-80% full) has resulted in 4-0 to the kiwis

And this is at the back of serial poor performances at the world stage

Believe That! Facts.

Do something different , its only T20 sheez, why are they so scared.

We know rizwan and babar have the skill and temperament to play in any situation so why not shuffle them down the order and see how the new batsman react then. also they will get much needed practice for power hitting at the end

Saim
Farhan
Babar
Azam
Rizwan
Haseeb
Nawaz
Jamal
Wasim
Zaman
Shaheen

You never know until you know.

What we do know is that Babar and Rizwan playing against a full strength NZ side (which is still only 60-80% full) has resulted in 4-0 to the kiwis

And this is at the back of serial poor performances at the world stage

Believe That! Facts.
I thought a cricket team consisted of 11 players not 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
The delusion some possess is phenomenal here. Rizwan and Babar are the only ones to show some semblance of performance in every format. Yes, Babar cannot hit 6s at will and have 200 SR but that's why the team is supposedly stacked with hitters and so called finishers, these hitters and finishers have had a SR of less than 100 in the 4 games played, yet the supposed problem always ends up being Rizwan and Babar. I am not a fan boy but it just seems pathetic to read the same over and over again. Last I checked this team was made up of 11 supposed performers, yet multiple folks are given a free pass.
Also, this talk of not playing your number. You are an international batsman, yes you did not get your desired spot but you knew this going in, if you cannot play anywhere apart from your domestic spot let management know so you are excluded from the team.
Same thing happened in the test series, one of the 2 scores and gets out past 50 and then get out and they catch all the flak, yet Taptaan gets out on single digit scores, and out come excuses that it was an unplayable delievery.

The delusion some possess is phenomenal here. Rizwan and Babar are the only ones to show some semblance of performance in every format. Yes, Babar cannot hit 6s at will and have 200 SR but that's why the team is supposedly stacked with hitters and so called finishers, these hitters and finishers have had a SR of less than 100 in the 4 games played, yet the supposed problem always ends up being Rizwan and Babar. I am not a fan boy but it just seems pathetic to read the same over and over again. Last I checked this team was made up of 11 supposed performers, yet multiple folks are given a free pass.
Also, this talk of not playing your number. You are an international batsman, yes you did not get your desired spot but you knew this going in, if you cannot play anywhere apart from your domestic spot let management know so you are excluded from the team.
Same thing happened in the test series, one of the 2 scores and gets out past 50 and then get out and they catch all the flak, yet Taptaan gets out on single digit scores, and out come excuses that it was an unplayable delievery.

How come the same principle doesnt apply to Rizwan and he can bat at 1 as long as he pleases and other players have to adjust around him?

T20 games are for experimenting.

Not sure about Babar, Rizwan, Afridi etc playing specially after series was already lost. Everyone knows what they can do.

Absolutely shameful Pakistan played this series the team director needs serious questioning regarding what were his plans for the Series. Also the combination was a complete mess no wonder we are ridiculed from Auckland to Christchurch

Also use Nawaz and Jamal as your pinch hitters, they have the ability to easily clear the rope from ball one. Float them up the order whenever you have 1-2 quiet overs.

How come the same principle doesnt apply to Rizwan and he can bat at 1 as long as he pleases and other players have to adjust around him?
He can’t bat as he pleases as only Babar is capable of not throwing his wicket away like a lallu.

Rizwan is forced to adjust from ball 1 knowing that the tail starts as soon as him and Babar get out.

He can’t bat as he pleases as only Babar is capable of not throwing his wicket away like a lallu.

Rizwan is forced to adjust from ball 1 knowing that the tail starts as soon as him and Babar get out.

I was talking about his position.

And you conveniently ignored that because it becomes uncomfortably obvious that he holds the team hostage with his love for opening.

I was talking about his position.

And you conveniently ignored that because it becomes uncomfortably obvious that he holds the team hostage with his love for opening.

Based on what?

I'm sure he loves to open - he's damn good at it. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

But he's also not the coach, nor is he the management, nor the captain.

Why do you think he has magic powers to overrule everyone?

Do you think it's maybe feasibly possible....that the reason Rizwan opens is because those in our set up are selecting him to open?

Why do you prefer to think that he is wielding a God like power and defying everyone who is desperately trying to move him
down the order?

You make him sound like some sort of super villian in a Bollywood drama.

Honestly sometimes i don't even think Rizwan haters even hear themselves. They are so blinded by 4 years of bitterness they can't see anything beyond their own agenda.

Impact/Match for the batters so far this series:

Babar - 50.3
Rizwan - 35.5
Fakhar- 23.2
Saim - 8.1
Azam - (-0.2)
Farhan - (-2.8)
Iftikhar - (-3.4)

Dr Saab and Akshay Kumar need to get off the high horse and see what's actually going wrong with the batting on the ground.

Impact/Match for the batters so far this series:

Babar - 50.3
Rizwan - 35.5
Fakhar- 23.2
Saim - 8.1
Azam - (-0.2)
Farhan - (-2.8)
Iftikhar - (-3.4)

Dr Saab and Akshay Kumar need to get off the high horse and see what's actually going wrong with the batting on the ground.

This was a poor series for Pakistan.

Neither Babars 50s nor Rizwans 90s helped Pakistan win.

Yes, they did improve their personal averages but how can I be happy about that?

You can give them 100 rating for all I care.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Pakistan lost irrespective of blue eyed performanfes by your favorite cricketers.

Based on what?

I'm sure he loves to open - he's damn good at it. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

But he's also not the coach, nor is he the management, nor the captain.

Why do you think he has magic powers to overrule everyone?

Do you think it's maybe feasibly possible....that the reason Rizwan opens is because those in our set up are selecting him to open?

Why do you prefer to think that he is wielding a God like power and defying everyone who is desperately trying to move him
down the order?

You make him sound like some sort of super villian in a Bollywood drama.

Honestly sometimes i don't even think Rizwan haters even hear themselves. They are so blinded by 4 years of bitterness they can't see anything beyond their own agenda.

Rizwan played at multiple spots before finding his way to open. His performances at different positions and his ability to showcase that he puts a price on his wicket were probably the reason team management suggested he opened, and from what I recall Bobby and Rizwan combo was doing pretty well. I am all for experimentation and getting the best out of a position, if PP was not being utilized by these 2 then ofcourse you need to get someone like Saim who is potentially explosive to come up. To suggest that we should have all young players and 3 of them opening at the same time is downright strange. T20 is not a test match where your position matters as much, as long as you are not going in the bottom 4 you should be fine, the ball doesnt get that old, and even if it does, its less swing and movement you have to adhere to, some on like Farhan, Haseebullah, and others have to showcase that dynamaic range before becoming a regular and batting at their supposed spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a poor series for Pakistan.

Neither Babars 50s nor Rizwans 90s helped Pakistan win.

Yes, they did improve their personal averages but how can I be happy about that?

You can give them 100 rating for all I care.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Pakistan lost irrespective of blue eyed performanfes by your favorite cricketers.
They lost irrespective of the performances by them.

But do you believe they lost because of them?

They lost irrespective of the performances by them.

But do you believe they lost because of them?

No I don't believe Pakistan lost because Babar hit a 50 or Rizwan hit a 90.

But how does his 90 help us win when he plays at a pace which is irrelevant to outcome ?

My beef with Rizwan is that he is such a limited player at top of the order so why doesn't he drop down the order to nudge those singles and twos and let some power hitter open.

Remember the deeper you go in the innings, the more the onus on you to make the innings worthwhile.

You cannot blame Fakhar or Babar for Pakistan score because they lasted all of 7 to 10 balls.

But you definitely ask questions of the batter who bats through the innings if the final score is found wanting and Pakistan has 5 batsmen remaining to come!

I mean it wasn't 158 all out.

How can you be fooled into thinking if Rizwan didn't hit that 90 it would be 70 all out?

They want honorable stat padding losses instead of really going for it even if it means you won’t be able to get a 40 average.

Saim
Fakhar
Farhan
Haseebullah
Iftikhar
Nawaz
Jamal
SSA
Mir
Zaman
WasimJr.

Nothing to lose frankly 4-0 or 5-0 treat it as one time game
Why did you pick Ifthikhar ? which match did he so good that u have him on ur list? Please explain also did you watch all 4 of his t20 .. did you watch t20 World Cup vs England ? This is pure example of our selection team who pick players by favouritism

Chacha fans picking Ifthikhar so he can score a 50 so Chacha can secure his spot for next 2 years!

For gods sake can we please rest Babar and have Rizwan come down the order in this dead rubber

1. Sahibzada Farhan
2. Saim Ayub
3. Haseebullah Khan
4. Fakhar Zaman
5. Azam Khan (I absolutely despise him but in a dead rubber match I'd rather have him play than bum Ifthikar)
6. Mohammad Rizwan (lets see what he can do at 6, if he's the player everyone claims he is he'll have no problems here)
7. Aamer Jamal
8. Mohammad Wasim Jr
9. Usama Mir
10. Shaheen Afridi
11. Abbas Afridi (if healthy)

For gods sake can we please rest Babar and have Rizwan come down the order in this dead rubber

1. Sahibzada Farhan
2. Saim Ayub
3. Haseebullah Khan
4. Fakhar Zaman
5. Azam Khan (I absolutely despise him but in a dead rubber match I'd rather have him play than bum Ifthikar)
6. Mohammad Rizwan (lets see what he can do at 6, if he's the player everyone claims he is he'll have no problems here)
7. Aamer Jamal
8. Mohammad Wasim Jr
9. Usama Mir
10. Shaheen Afridi
11. Abbas Afridi (if healthy)
Very good team. I like this one but playing WK is not gonna happen. RIzwan playing at 6 is also not gonna happen. I want to see Saim and Farhan open, riz at 3, fakhar at 4 and haseeb at 5

Why did you pick Ifthikhar ? which match did he so good that u have him on ur list? Please explain also did you watch all 4 of his t20 .. did you watch t20 World Cup vs England ? This is pure example of our selection team who pick players by favouritism
had to choose between Chacha and Azam, atleast the former is fit

had to choose between Chacha and Azam, atleast the former is fit
I will take azam over iffi for the final match. Azam needs more time in the international arena to make himself worthy. Iffi is already a failure so might as well just let azam have a go once again.

Mitchell ruled out of final Pakistan T20I | Ravindra called in

Daryl Mitchell will miss the final match of the KFC T20I Series against Pakistan at Hagley Oval as part of ongoing workload management.

With Mitchell withdrawn from consideration for selection, Wellington Firebird Rachin Ravindra will join the squad in Christchurch for Sunday’s match.

BLACKCAPS coach Gary Stead said the decision to have Mitchell sit this match out was based on the team’s position in the current series and the upcoming schedule.

“Daryl is an important player for us across all three formats and ensuring he’s in the best place to perform in international cricket is vital.”

“Rachin is coming off a period of rest himself and will bring a valuable skill set to the group in this final match as he continues his return to cricket,” said Stead.

A decision on Devon Conway’s availability for the final match of the series will be made tomorrow morning.
NZC

Mitchell ruled out of final Pakistan T20I | Ravindra called in

Daryl Mitchell will miss the final match of the KFC T20I Series against Pakistan at Hagley Oval as part of ongoing workload management.

With Mitchell withdrawn from consideration for selection, Wellington Firebird Rachin Ravindra will join the squad in Christchurch for Sunday’s match.

BLACKCAPS coach Gary Stead said the decision to have Mitchell sit this match out was based on the team’s position in the current series and the upcoming schedule.

“Daryl is an important player for us across all three formats and ensuring he’s in the best place to perform in international cricket is vital.”

“Rachin is coming off a period of rest himself and will bring a valuable skill set to the group in this final match as he continues his return to cricket,” said Stead.

A decision on Devon Conway’s availability for the final match of the series will be made tomorrow morning.
NZC
Reprieve for Pakistan

They won’t get smashed for the amount of sixes they have been smashed for with him also not playing

So final game can we make the scoreline 4-1 seniors should rest to have an excuse for whitewash

Saim
Fakhar
Farhan
Haseebullah
Azam+
Nawaz
Jamal
Abbas
SSA
WasimJr
Zaman
-----------------
This team should be played

Have a feeling we wont change the playing XI

Have a feeling we wont change the playing XI

You know why that is right?

Because of the thought that if Babar and Rizwan don't play, Pakistan collapses to 50 all out.

We are the most uninventive, unimaginative and scared team I have seen on the cricket pitch.

Even if we were to be bowled out for 50, how does that make it any worse than scoring 160/4 in 20 and then NZ winning it ease?

I hope they give Babar and Rizwan a break.

It is well deserved as they are the only two who have carried our pathetic batting in this series.

Let the others play. According to some we are better off. Can’t wait to see how our useless batsmen magically transform into world beaters, just like they did against Afghanistan.

I hope they give Babar and Rizwan a break.

It is well deserved as they are the only two who have carried our pathetic batting in this series.

Let the others play. According to some we are better off. Can’t wait to see how our useless batsmen magically transform into world beaters

Yes, let them break please.

I want to see that 50 all out if these two don't play.

Yes, let them break please.

I want to see that 50 all out if these two don't play.
I think I asked you previously, can you bring the post or comment which led you to think people are claiming Pakistan will be 50 all out if these two don’t play?

I think I asked you previously, can you bring the post or comment which led you to think people are claiming Pakistan will be 50 all out if these two don’t play?

So what's your claim then?

What will happen if these 2 don't play?

I am all ears.

I think you mean scoring between 30 to 40 with the only chance of winning that the whole New Zealand team fall ill from all the laughing! 🤣

Why don't they open the bowling with a spinner? This tactic used to work for Pakistan.

Ifitkhar is getting a lot of stick. Some of it albeit well deserved. However if you can try to see this from a different perspective.

He is a confidence player. Generally when he bowls well his batting also comes along a bit. But he has a captain who for some reason refuses to bowl him. Now I'm not saying he will bowl 4 spot on overs etc....but when all of the bowlers are getting smashed around and you realise that your captain doesn't even want you to bowl, that in itself must scramble his mind a bit. He's on borrowed time as it anyway...maybe rightly so, but all I'm saying is that it can't help much.

I've not seen much of the PSL and this is the first time I've seen SSA captain a side properly and I have to say that its not been the best. I haven't noticed him trying to pick his boys up when things aren't going right...bowling plans are rigid and he just doesn't bring that confidence with him of a natural skipper.

We are so quick to criticise Rizwan. The guy scores 90 of 63 (140+ SR) and looked like the only batsman in our side who deserved to be on the pitch in that game. What are we expecting from him exactly??? Isn't that enough? I don't see many others in the team trying like he does.

Personally I think Rizwan and Babar who are 3 format players should have been rested for this series. Harris should have played...Azam Khan is not an international player and should never be allowed near the team again.

I think this has been possibly the worst T20 series Pakistan has ever played. They've looked like amateurs for the most part. Saim is good and excellent fielder. Jamal has great spirit. Abbas Afridi although has done well reminds me of an Anwar Ali type player...not quite good enough. Farhan really disappointed in the last game, I think not only his shot choice but also technique spoke volumes. Fakhar is trying but I think he's finding it difficult to adjust to his role...it would be nice to see him come at number 3 should a wicket fall early in the powerplay - I can understand why Babar comes in no matter what (give your best player as much as you can) but again SSA should have shown some flexibility in his captaincy and sent in Fakhar in the last 2 games.

But this is what happens when you have 3rd rate management and no proper coaching set up.

I can't even think of what a good line up for the next game should be. I just hope it's a good game.

As captain he will not rest
will be poor optics if the captain rests on the verge of a white-wash
I disagree.

I think the best thing he could do as skipper is support the boys by carrying drinks whilst giving someone else a go. That would be a wonderful message to send to the team.

He is clearly cooked and the team is bigger than him

I disagree.

I think the best thing he could do as skipper is support the boys by carrying drinks whilst giving someone else a go. That would be a wonderful message to send to the team.

He is clearly cooked and the team is bigger than him

I feel you, the thing is that right after the 5th T20, he will play in the Dubai franchise league. If he rests for this match and then on monday plays in Dubai, the optics will looks suuuuuper bad.

No amount of discussion can erase the fact that this Pakistani team is just not good enough in all the departments. Maybe they can win on a freak opposition bad day.
And stop pulling down your best players when all others around them are worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back