Pakistani film 'Waar'

Shah Rukh Khan catching a train from Mumbai to Chennai and meeting Deepika Padukone onboard, whose daddy is an evil warlord in his region. One thing leads to another, and you get the usual trash where a 50 year old tries to act like he's 22.

Sounds wonderful. I've never like Shahrukh Khan tbh. The guy is overrated. Although, I'm not the best person to judge since I've only seen a couple of his films, but I wasn't too impressed.

A pakistani movie that's getting on Indians' nerves???!!!.....Now I will definitely watch it!
Finally payback for all those awful Sunny Deol movies!

A pakistani movie that's getting on Indians' nerves???!!!.....Now I will definitely watch it!

It is probably made for this very reason but i guess like most here you do not know that 99% Ind do NOT WATCH PK movies :)))

People here actually think Indians watch Pak movies???!!!:))):)))

No one thinks that infact before the recent revival over last 3-4 years most Pakistani's had not watched a Pakistani movie for atleast 2 decades

No1 asked you guys to watch it :D

Buddy those were the torrentless days and no Blockbuster in UAE.

I, like majority of others, now have moved on from Bollywood.
On occasion I'll watch a movie here or there but the love affair with Bollywood is done.

Buddy those were the torrentless days and no Blockbuster in UAE.

I, like majority of others, now have moved on from Bollywood.
On occasion I'll watch a movie here or there but the love affair with Bollywood is done.

Same here mate, amazing think is a lot of folks think we Indians watch all that comes out of Bollywood....ppl here go on about Gaddar/Sunny Deol/SRK - but a lot of folks in India actually give it a miss too and go for Lunchbox/Wednesday/Kahaani type movies too.

Still movies like 3 idiots, Munna bhai MBBS, Lunch Box, Kahani, Lagaan, Swades etc etc can only be made in Bollywood

Yeah okay, well saving face is a pakistani documentary and it has won 2 emmys and an oscar. say whaaat!

The only difference being that Sunny deol movies were trash and even below bollywood level in terms of everything. Whereas, Waar actually matches hollywood in terms of quality.

Still movies like 3 idiots, Munna bhai MBBS, Lunch Box, Kahani, Lagaan, Swades etc etc can only be made in Bollywood

You mean crappy movies that manage to advertise themselves as arthouse and make the same millions as usual blockbusters?

Thats the best bollywood can offer? No wonder no one take them seriously. I have watched 3 idiots and Kahani, both with poor story and as usual overacting.

Khamosh Pani > all Bollywood.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AEcKbGisDjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good script, soundtrack and natural acting you'll never find in a Bolly.

Last edited:
If anyone thinks that this movie is successful because of anti India, he / she is wrong. It's successful because of good quality. It's something we've never seen in Pakistani films history before. People are appreciating the good work.

You mean crappy movies that manage to advertise themselves as arthouse and make the same millions as usual blockbusters?
3 Idiots and The Lunch Box are class movies. Totally different than crap movies like Dabang etc and recent one Boss.

Last edited:
Any of you guys know when this movie will be released in USA?

i AM ANXIOUS TO WATCH IT.

nahi to koi torrent downlaod site hi bata do yar. :)

It will only be screenrs on torrent sites for now. You will have to wait a couple of months.

Pakistan Zindabad! Take that Indians! I hope this movie brings you great satisfaction if you have nutts to watch it.

Our entertainment empire will always be better then your worthless bollywood crap :)

Uk Release In a Month i guess mhsa comfim to release at chirstmas saw an ad on ary today but no point as movie is on the net anyway

Any of you guys know when this movie will be released in USA?

i AM ANXIOUS TO WATCH IT.

nahi to koi torrent downlaod site hi bata do yar. :)

Its going to be released in 25 countries. So, wait and go and buy the ticket rather than stealing from your own people. :hafeez

Khamosh Pani > all Bollywood.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AEcKbGisDjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good script, soundtrack and natural acting you'll never find in a Bolly.

What? ? I think no one other than pakistani people have ever watched it.

The movie WAAR should actually thank bollywood because it's bollywood movies who have brought the masses in Cinemahalls and are the reason for Multiplexes in Pakistan.

You do know that actors like Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Pran, Irrfan Khan, Amir Khan, Anupam Kher, Pankaj Kapoor etc etc, came from Bollywood. Don't You?

The movie WAAR should actually thank bollywood because it's bollywood movies who have brought the masses in Cinemahalls and are the reason for Multiplexes in Pakistan.

You do know that actors like Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Pran, Irrfan Khan, Amir Khan, Anupam Kher, Pankaj Kapoor etc etc, came from Bollywood. Don't You?

I 100% agree with this part. At one stage, Cinema owners were converting them to shopping malls.

Pakistanis actually didn't watch it. :kapil

So what ? Paul Muni > all Bollywood actors.

I watched it online it was descent story wise.. Production wise was top-notch.. happy that Pakistan can make such kind of movies. From south asian countries India and Pakistan take film making seriously leaving aside Bangladesh, Sri lanka, Nepal

I watched it online it was descent story wise.. Production wise was top-notch.. happy that Pakistan can make such kind of movies. From south asian countries India and Pakistan take film making seriously leaving aside Bangladesh, Sri lanka, Nepal

Actually, even bollywood cant make that level of movie because most if not all bollywood movies are romantic masala type. So, Pakistan made a hollywood level movie, not bollywood per se.

At least it was a movie that didnt have any stupid songs, who's idea was it to have songs in a movie?

Pakistani Producers & Directors should concentrate making quality thought provoking movies and the governments should help the film industry .
If the standards are kept there will come a time the awaam will realize the potential of our film actors and demand for bukwaas Bollywood masala movies will slowly start falling and this should be the priority.

There is a reason why multiplexs are being built in Pakistan and its not to accommodate Bollywood movies but to get the trend started of families attending cinema theaters as they do in the West and Quality should be the main focus in this part of the world.

We have talent abundance in the artists not to mention the playback singers (RFAK , Adnan Sami, Shafqat Ali, Atif Aslam etc. who currently sing for Bollywood now just imagine when they get involved (and they will) the growth for this industry will be phenomenal .

Last edited:
Pakistan should remake Godzilla.
Seriously Pakistan should make movies of different genres. Same type movies are boring after some time. Maybe make a movie on mohen jo dero or other staff related to Pakistan.

Actually, even bollywood cant make that level of movie because most if not all bollywood movies are romantic masala type. So, Pakistan made a hollywood level movie, not bollywood per se.

:)))
Keep it up!!

For starters Pakistani Cinema should get rid of multiple playback songs in a movie compulsion. This is a double edged sword; results in low quality music + movies with low other artistic standards(generally). Italian/French/German Cinema can be a good model as they frequently make movies with low budget but high artistic merits.

Munna Bhai is pretty much a slightly altered version of Patch Adams. and Kahani is copied from Taking Lifes. SO don't think Bollywood can take too much credit for those two .

Munna Bhai is pretty much a slightly altered version of Patch Adams. and Kahani is copied from Taking Lifes. SO don't think Bollywood can take too much credit for those two .

All the movies this guy has mentioned have done no business in india except munna bhai, LOL who counts it as a quality movie? :))). Tells us about the standard of an indian cinema viewer.

Robbi got owned

Aren't 90 % f the bollywood movies copies of films from around the world.

Pakistanis are just as tasteless as indians. It gives even more merit to the creative people in Pakistan that don't go the easy bollywood route and actually try to make great content, and I am not necessarily talking about Waar.

Music and film industries. Both need a serious, experimental and expansive revamp.

We need people to dabble with originality rather than jumping on the contemporary and repetitive bandwagon.

I really hope movies like this change the current trends.

Its a cultural thing, In our culture, respectable families dont like their sons and daughters to take up this profession (acting, singing, etc) and due to lack of educated people in this business, the industry is run by those belonging to not so educated and questionable backgrounds (Meera, Veena Malik, types, etc).

This cultural dynamic is not in play in India and rest of the countries known for their music and film industry.

I remember my grandad used to make fun of people who sang (Gawayya, Kanjer, Maraasi, etc) were some of the names given to such people in Pakistan. It is really not looked at favorably. I dont think Indians realize that. They have a completely different cultural dynamic. Singing and dancing is a major part of their culture and in some ways a part of Hinduism as a religion.

Whereas in Islam, anything related to modern day showbiz will be considered haraam by the conservatives.

Last edited:
^ There was a difference between movies and TV though. Films were the preserve of supposedly dubious types, in particular the actresses, who were all rumored to be courtesans or at least descended from them. Such accusations were not leveled at the PTV actresses.

^ There was a difference between movies and TV though. Films were the preserve of supposedly dubious types, in particular the actresses, who were all rumored to be courtesans or at least descended from them. Such accusations were not leveled at the PTV actresses.

You can say that but they are still not looked at in favorable light. I remember all the popular actresses even back from the 80s had all sorts of scandals associated with them in the news papers and most people thought they all had loose characters.

Film actresses on the other hand are several notches above TV actresses. Most of them do in fact come from red light areas but that rend could be changing now a little bit. Back in the 60s, 70s, 80s and well into the 90s, I would say 95% of them were dancers (mujra karney waali), etc.

This movie looks very good. Its the quality that is bringing people in to watch is and not the anti-indian stuff really. There are hundreds of other such movies made also but no one watches those.

The good thing for the release of this movie was that no bollywood movie with any of the Khans in it was released around the same time and that worked out good for it.

Its a cultural thing, In our culture, respectable families dont like their sons and daughters to take up this profession (acting, singing, etc) and due to lack of educated people in this business, the industry is run by those belonging to not so educated and questionable backgrounds (Meera, Veena Malik, types, etc).

This cultural dynamic is not in play in India and rest of the countries known for their music and film industry.

I remember my grandad used to make fun of people who sang (Gawayya, Kanjer, Maraasi, etc) were some of the names given to such people in Pakistan. It is really not looked at favorably. I dont think Indians realize that. They have a completely different cultural dynamic. Singing and dancing is a major part of their culture and in some ways a part of Hinduism as a religion.

Whereas in Islam, anything related to modern day showbiz will be considered haraam by the conservatives.

It is a universal feeling, not one bound to religion. Before there was a financial incentive to be an actor or a singer, those lived only from entertaining the elite classes. How could a member of that class become himself an entertainer? It may be surprising but that feeling still exists in Europe and America towards these professions, unless you go through a classical route (ie conservatory and reputed drama schools).

It is a universal feeling, not one bound to religion. Before there was a financial incentive to be an actor or a singer, those lived only from entertaining the elite classes. How could a member of that class become himself an entertainer? It may be surprising but that feeling still exists in Europe and America towards these professions, unless you go through a classical route (ie conservatory and reputed drama schools).

Yeah would agree.

Becoming an actor or an artist or musician will always be met with scepticism by family and friends all over the world.

Check this out guys. Indian Media :akhtar

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16dr9w_news9-pak-s-waar-1_news?start=249

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x16dr9w"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16dr9w_news9-pak-s-waar-1_news" target="_blank">News9 - Pak_s Waar-1</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/OptimisticPakistani" target="_blank">OptimisticPakistani</a></i>

Last edited:
Check this out guys. Indian Media :akhtar

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16dr9w_news9-pak-s-waar-1_news?start=249

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x16dr9w"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16dr9w_news9-pak-s-waar-1_news" target="_blank">News9 - Pak_s Waar-1</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/OptimisticPakistani" target="_blank">OptimisticPakistani</a></i>

Hahaha i dunno about the movie but it surely has made indian nuts. :)))

Small heartedness at best. :junaid

People are not saying that pakistani cinema industry is better than indian one but rather that waar is a step in the good direction, which is to distantiate ourselves from bollywood culture. Not because it is indian but because of its low standards.

Is Waar a hit?

According to the initial claims of the producers, the production cost of the film was 20 crore rupees (US$2 million). This would mean that the film would need to gross between 57 and 66 crores rupees at the box office for the producers just to break even (an ‘average’ film in box office terms). For Waar to be considered a ‘Hit’ it would need to gross between 114 crore and 133 crore rupees. For it to be a ‘Super-Hit’ or ‘Blockbuster’ it would need to earn at least 150 crores.

LINK

Is Waar a hit?

According to the initial claims of the producers, the production cost of the film was 20 crore rupees (US$2 million). This would mean that the film would need to gross between 57 and 66 crores rupees at the box office for the producers just to break even (an ‘average’ film in box office terms). For Waar to be considered a ‘Hit’ it would need to gross between 114 crore and 133 crore rupees. For it to be a ‘Super-Hit’ or ‘Blockbuster’ it would need to earn at least 150 crores.

LINK

Bhai, this isn't India. We only have 60-70 cinema screens in Pakistan with 42 screens given to Waar. The movie has broken all records in Pakistan including opening day, opening week and weekend records. If it recovers it's budget in Pakistan then it's a hit. Because it is expected to release in 25 countries and that would be profit.

I went to book Escape Plan tickets and got them easily. I asked the Booking agent if Waar ticket was available (I wanted to watch again :D). He said not a single ticket available at the moment. The movie is doing very good all over Pakistan and hopefully worldwide too whenever they release.

Last edited:
:60:Yawn you chaps make one movie worth talking about andf get orgasmic...come back when you have got an industry which your arch rivals like to talk about and watch it in drones.....

Dont get ahead of yourself sunshines- dont act like you all hate Bolly- we know you are closet boll fans:60:

YAWN. People were comparing WAAR with other lollywood movies until you guys came here.

there's a huge demand for good pakistani movies in pakistan and it's only going to get better from here. thankfully we've moved on from the gujjar movies to more artistic ones like khuda ke liye and bol. even main hoon shahid afridi was good, i'm looking forward to watching this too.

and i don't understand some indian posters here, when bollywood makes anti pakistan movies there isn't a word of condemnation but when it's the other way round they've got a problem. lets be hypocritical now friends.

Bhai, this isn't India. We only have 60-70 cinema screens in Pakistan with 42 screens given to Waar. The movie has broken all records in Pakistan including opening day, opening week and weekend records. If it recovers it's budget in Pakistan then it's a hit. Because it is expected to release in 25 countries and that would be profit.

I know dear its not possible but i never said anything i just highlighted the points made in this article which claims the film need to do business between 57 and 66 crores rupees at the box office http://dawn.com/news/1051514

New movie shows why Pakistan loves to hate India

ISLAMABAD: Militants overrun a Pakistani police academy and kill 100 officers. An Indian spy and her accomplice waltz in a glitzy flat in Islamabad to celebrate the success of their mission.

This is a scene from Waar (" Strike"), Pakistan's first big-budget movie which opened this month to enthusiastic audiences in the nuclear-armed South Asian country of 180 million.

Filmed with the support of the all-powerful military, the movie depicts every volatile aspect of Pakistan's rocky relationship with India.

Even in Pakistan itself, Waar is denounced by some liberals wary of what they see as fiery nationalistic rhetoric and scenes demonising India.

The narrative is simple and packed with action.

Indian villains team up with Islamist militants to plot spectacular attacks across Pakistan. Pakistani security forces jump in and save the day.

"Like any other action film, we wanted to show the triumph of good over evil," said director Bilal Lashari, 31. "And we wanted to do it with a great amount of spectacle and scale."

Politics aside, Waar is fun to watch. Helicopter gunships whizz over mountains and commandos lay siege to militant sanctuaries in Pakistan's picturesque, lawless tribal regions.

"The army was great in that they gave us a lot of logistical support," Lashari said. "All the scenes with the helicopters and the mountains - they couldn't have been done without the army."

Though yet to be screened in India, the film serves as a reminder of tensions between the neighbouring states, which have fought three wars since independence from the British in 1947.

India and Pakistan trade accusations of staging cross-border attacks and supporting militants in Jammu and Kashmir, where violence has seen a resurgence in recent months.

The movie has proved hugely successful. On a recent viewing in a packed cinema in the capital, attendees leapt to their feet to applaud patriotic scenes.

In one such moment, a retired officer takes on an Indian contractor on the roof of a building while a female Pakistani officer rushes to defuse a chemical bomb planted on the balcony.

Many cheered as the officer reduced the Indian man's face to a pulp. A woman turned to a group of giggling boys and scolded them for "laughing during such a serious movie".

"Of course India supports terrorism in Pakistan," said Sheila Raza, 23, as she left the cinema. "I think Waar is an accurate portrayal."

Record box office receipts

Presented almost entirely in English, Waar took more than three years to make and officially cost around $2.2 million in a country where the average film is made on less than $25,000.

Its distributors say Waar grossed more than $900,000 during the first week - a record for Pakistani cinema.

But some in Pakistan have mocked Waar as a propaganda movie. Cultural critic Nadeem Paracha said: "This film is basically the Pakistani state's fantasies being played out on a big screen."

India's film industry produces highly successful anti-Pakistan films of its own.

Bollywood film "Ek Tha Tiger", one of the Hindi film industry's biggest box-office successes in 2012, but banned in Pakistan, depicted a Pakistani intelligence agent choosing her love for an Indian agent over her country.

This year, a film based on an Indian operation to capture a fictional mafia don given asylum in Pakistan riled Pakistan's censor board. The villain in "D-Day" was loosely based on real-life gangster Dawood Ibrahim, who India says is harboured by Pakistan.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-loves-to-hate-India/articleshow/24736130.cms

WAAR movie has just earned 10 crores till now. What is this chest thumping going around ? Bollywood's crap movies like 'Besharam' earn 80 crores and they are termed flop in India.

Last edited:
khuda ke liye is a better film than Waar, Waar is all about style and looks good but story is quite weak and predictable.

Last edited:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mr.Bilal Lashari wherever u r in pakistan I want 2 salute u..irrespective of anythng else I am student of cinema nd am thrilled wth ur film</p>— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) <a href="https://twitter.com/RGVzoomin/statuses/394143698281197568">October 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

^that's for Ims1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Saw pakistani film 'Waar ' ..stunned beyond belief..i just want to leave direction nd go to pakistan to assist its director Bilal Lashari</p>— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) <a href="https://twitter.com/RGVzoomin/statuses/394139166880960512">October 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mr.Bilal Lashari wherever u r in pakistan I want 2 salute u..irrespective of anythng else I am student of cinema nd am thrilled wth ur film</p>— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) <a href="https://twitter.com/RGVzoomin/statuses/394143698281197568">October 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

Now there should be peace in this thread ;-)

How much does bollywood suck when even their best director is applying to be the assistant of a pakistani newbie?

in before the trolls come and say that its not his real twitter account or he isnt the best director in india :)

How did Ram Gopal manage to watch the film first? Was he in Pakistan or what.

How much does bollywood suck when even their best director is applying to be the assistant of a pakistani newbie?

Actually by comparing with Indian Cinema we are setting our standards quite low, there are some in Pak who watch Indian movies but still I have not found anyone who judge them on artistic merits, tells a lot about artistic standards of Bollywood. We should instantly get rid of curse of multiple crap songs in a movie, an idea as stupid as it can get.

Last edited:
Gentle caution for some posters to refrain from making derogatory remarks towards any other member or community!

WAAR movie has just earned 10 crores till now. What is this chest thumping going around ? Bollywood's crap movies like 'Besharam' earn 80 crores and they are termed flop in India.

Making one good film once in 5 years can't lift any film industry. They have to find good directors. There should be a healthy competition at box office every week.

^that's for Ims1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Saw pakistani film 'Waar ' ..stunned beyond belief..i just want to leave direction nd go to pakistan to assist its director Bilal Lashari</p>— Ram Gopal Varma (@RGVzoomin) <a href="https://twitter.com/RGVzoomin/statuses/394139166880960512">October 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

Pakistan will be more than happy to have you in Pakistan.

It's so funny seeing Indians moan about this film Waar. I ain't seen it yet bit just because it shows India in a bad light look how big thing it's being made of by most Indians and their media. How many Bollywood films show Pakistan in a bad light. Well too many never see us Pakistanis make a fuss. Get a life and Shahid Afridi comment on Indians was always right they don't have big hearts. They just baby criers.

Last edited:
Back