[PICTURES] England beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 88 runs in the first Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
England Squad
AN Cook*, MM Ali, JM Anderson, JM Bairstow, JT Ball, SCJ Broad, NRD Compton, ST Finn, AD Hales, JE Root, BA Stokes, JM Vince

Sri Lanka Squad
AD Mathews*, LD Chandimal, PVD Chameera, DM de Silva, N Dickwella, RMS Eranga, N Pradeep, HMRKB Herath, FDM Karunaratne, RAS Lakmal, BKG Mendis, MDK Perera, KTGD Prasad, MD Shanaka, JK Silva, TAM Siriwardana, HDRL Thirimanne

Can't believe i'm saying this but i missed Test cricket because of an overdose of T20,Go Lanka!

Great to see Test Cricket again. Thank god next 4 months will be about real cricket talk. By the way weather is not ideal for Srl Team its cold and windy in UK. Hard times ahead for Srl.

And it has started ,test cricket lovers(who wont watch the complete test match) taking dig at other formats yeah what's new -apparently nothing!

And it has started ,test cricket lovers(who wont watch the complete test match) taking dig at other formats yeah what's new -apparently nothing!

Even though I am not one of those who despises T-20 cricket and on the contrary thinks that it is the future what with people getting busier and busier with their daily lives it's hard to even sit through an ODI match...but still when I saw Sri Lanka- Eng Test series was going to start today I was like...yippieee!!!

Even though I am not one of those who despises T-20 cricket and on the contrary thinks that it is the future what with people getting busier and busier with their daily lives it's hard to even sit through an ODI match...but still when I saw Sri Lanka- Eng Test series was going to start today I was like...yippieee!!!

In my earlier comment i said the same,refreshing to have a test match.

Not so competitive series. Still a refreshing one after the LOI's.

Interesting to see the test match pitch for this game as in recent times headingley has been pretty batsmen friendly in the county championship games.

Though it's not Pakistan, nor India. But i am very very excited :)) Seems like a refreshing change haha.

England clear favorites, but i expect SL to do something special.

Last edited:
At least some relief from t20 looking forward to this always enjoy watching Cricket in england

Welcome back English cricketing summer, how we missed you.

Good to see Athers, Bumble, Nasser, Gower and the team back.

Aggers and Boycott on TMS.

Heaven.

Sky got Mahela in as a pundit so we'll get some proper analysis instead of the usual dire Lankan punditry.

Roshan Abeysinghe says on TMS that Dhammika Prasad is out of the series and going home.

Expecting Chameera to do well and Shanaka to have a decent debut if the ball swings around.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg:bhatti

Finally sanity returns to cricket....Yeaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa for Test cricket.

"Players in white, plenty of slips. Glorious sight. Here we go!"... :)... Dear ESPNCricInfo, every form of cricket has its share of glory.

Chameera will bother the English batsmen on day 1.

Mathews chose to field, but not much happening for the bowlers as yet, sun creeping through at Leeds.

I dont know more than half of this Sri Lankan team really need to catch up on them.

Any special new talent to watch for ?

Alexander Daniel Hales should play his natural game, play aggressively, and only then I can see him breaking the shackles or he will be back to the pavilion in no time if he continues to play very defensively.

Attachments

• DSC02977.jpg
    DSC02977.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC02985.jpg
    DSC02985.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC02986.jpg
    DSC02986.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC02988.jpg
    DSC02988.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 281
more

Attachments

• DSC02992.jpg
    DSC02992.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC02996.jpg
    DSC02996.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC02998.jpg
    DSC02998.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 273
Cannot wait till Pakistan tour, it'll be a great series to watch.

Sri Lanka v England is rather meh.

Finally some real cricket! Too bad the most boring team (SL) is playing :(
Beat me to it.

I'm bored out of my mind lol, it's looking like a drubbing already with SL rather pedestrian with the ball.

Beat me to it.

I'm bored out of my mind lol, it's looking like a drubbing already with SL rather pedestrian with the ball.

Would have been far more interested if SL were batting with Sanga and Mahela still around, good old days...

SL bowlers need to force england batsmen into playing at a few more deliveries outside off-stick

Boycott not impressed with SL bowling.

Get Chameera on, this is harmless stuff so far.

Damn.. SRI LANKA!!! At least take a wicket with a new ball on first day of the first test in England conditions. This is so boring...

Waiting for Eng vs Pak...Cook vs Amir will be exciting contest.

I'm been somewhat sleep deprived lately. I'm glad that test cricket is back.

Can't bowl that length at Headingley at that pace. Will sit up nicely.

Simple start to the summer for England.

Root vs Amir.

Now that would be a mouthwatering contest.

Exactly.. If Amir gets a couple of wickets early then will be interesting how Root tackles him.If not for Pak batsmen inability to play swing, Pak vs Eng will be an exciting contest.

Well I think we'd be able to bowl better than this at least.

"Hales can control the run rate and ....Cook can just go on his merry ways" says Jayawardane moments before Cook flashes at a wide one.

Wow that was loose from Cook !

Needless shot, England were in control. Cook won't get to 10k runs today.

Oh its another one ! Its all happening now !

Compton out for a duck.

Compton's surely gotta be looking at the 2nd innings as his final chance now. Really has to do something.

Shanka looks good. Compton out. I have said it before England are not as perfect as people think. Root will propz score heavily and help them paper over the cracks. Also Anderson and broad will do well against Sri Lanka batting

Sri Lanka right back in it as Shanaka takes two wickets in an over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back