[PICTURES] England beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 88 runs in the first Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win for England.

But the Test ends in 162 overs with 28 of the 30 wickets falling to seamers.

Will the ICC call this pitch poor? Ind vs SA Nagpur test lasted 250 overs, seamers picked 7 of 40 wickets, rest going to spinners, ICC called it poor.

Great win for England.

But the Test ends in 162 overs with 28 of the 30 wickets falling to seamers.

Will the ICC call this pitch poor? Ind vs SA Nagpur test lasted 250 overs, seamers picked 7 of 40 wickets, rest going to spinners, ICC called it poor.

Wasn't a pitch issue, the overhead conditions in May are a pace bowler's dream. And Sri Lanka is horrid with the bat.

Variable bounce? Some deliveries were going upto the throat from good length spot.

A little, but it was really only Jimmy finding that bounce.

Broad bowled well, and Finn was able to clean up the tail, but neither looked in the same class as Anderson as to how he got them out.

And I don't think there is a worse bottom 4 in cricket, allied to a spineless top 7 barring Mathews, it's easy collapse after collapse.

Inept batting effort by Sri Lanka.

Totally lacked technique and fighting sprit.

If these are the conditions for our 4 tests we have no chance. Hoping for a hot summer

Quite a bad wicket created by ENG, the match over in 3 days ?? ICC should fine ENGLAND or INVESTIGATE THIS!!!!!!, I am sure Pakistanis will agree with this.. AHEM AHEM!!!!!!!!!

Do you think we'll do better than India's 2011 result?

You will do good if your team can score more than 300 in a single innings even once. Thank you very much.

Now please stop dragging India into every post. Thank you very much again.

You will do good if your team can score more than 300 in a single innings even once. Thank you very much.

Now please stop dragging India into every post. Thank you very much again.

You dragged Pakistan into your post. Thank you very much.

Congrats Eng way too good for us. We are minnows now no doubt about it. Don't see this lot even winning anything at home against a top team for a very long time tbh. Absolute rubbish. Kusal Mendis is a breath of fresh air tho. Like what I'm seeing.

what a horrible pitch for test match to be played on.
in reality test match have finishes in 170 odd overs only which is about 1.75 days of test match.

hopefully ECB ll prepare pitches where we can see some competition between n ball for rest of series.

Sri Lanka paid the price for arriving too late and playing too few warm-up matches.

If you look back as far as the mid-70's, for the last forty years the teams which do well in England are the ones which play a minimum of FIVE three day matches to acclimatise to the conditions.

Pakistan have given themselves two!

Sri Lanka paid the price for arriving too late and playing too few warm-up matches.

If you look back as far as the mid-70's, for the last forty years the teams which do well in England are the ones which play a minimum of FIVE three day matches to acclimatise to the conditions.

Pakistan have given themselves two!

those times are gone are gone when teams used to b free all the time. now a days busy teams next trip start within 2-3 weeks time. secondly none of host board offer anyone 5 tour matches now a days

Quite a bad wicket created by ENG, the match over in 3 days ?? ICC should fine ENGLAND or INVESTIGATE THIS!!!!!!, I am sure Pakistanis will agree with this.. AHEM AHEM!!!!!!!!!

The wicket created by the Yorkshire CCC groundsman was OK. Slow with a bit of seam movement. SL couldn't cope with a very good swing bowler under overcast conditions.

Thumping win, and now we should really be aiming for a 3-0 whitewash here. Need to show some ruthlessness for a change.

The wicket created by the Yorkshire CCC groundsman was OK. Slow with a bit of seam movement. SL couldn't cope with a very good swing bowler under overcast conditions.

lol Relax, I was just trolling a few Pakistanis who call foul when India spin out their opponents in 3 days or less.. Great win by you guys, Anderson really is something out of this planet when he can make the ball talk..

actually match ended in abt 172 overs, thats abt 1.75 days of play.
that was one horrible pitch for test cricket

if we look closely at scorecard.
Eng also scored just 57/8 (if taking out hales,extra & Bairstow runs)

Thumping win, and now we should really be aiming for a 3-0 whitewash here. Need to show some ruthlessness for a change.

I very much doubt that SL will see any sun in the second test either, and they will lose.

actually match ended in abt 172 overs, thats abt 1.75 days of play.
that was one horrible pitch for test cricket

if we look closely at scorecard.
Eng also scored just 57/8 (if taking out hales,extra & Bairstow runs)

The pitch was absoloutely fine, I'd go as far as saying a good wicket for test cricket.

The pitch was absoloutely fine, I'd go as far as saying a good wicket for test cricket.

wicket should b a supporting wicket where we can see good battle between bat n ball
test match ending in 170 over, hardly a good wicket

wicket should b a supporting wicket where we can see good battle between bat n ball
test match ending in 170 over, hardly a good wicket

And when England batted we did see a good battle between bat and ball. It's not England's fault that the Sri Lankan batsmen or bowlers couldn't make the most of the conditions whilst England have the best swing bowler in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back