[PICTURES] England beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 88 runs in the first Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compton has the technique of a test match player but not the mentality for this level

And now the local hero gone too !

Joe Root out for a duck.

Shanaka on fire !

ATG Shanaka putting on a masterclass of all over the place, 120 kmph bowling.

Last edited:
Root out. Loool all of us worrying about how our players will play swing. England don't even look convincing themselves. They have a long batting line up so they will still think they can score heavily

:out

Oh boy Shanaka Shanaka Shanaka
[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] he is on fire.

now that we've locked up the odi GOAT, we could be seeing the start of the test GOAT

excellent fight back this from SL, Just what this match needed. Big test for hales and Vince now.

Always love these kind of test matches. England is a good team. They should come back strong into this..

SL did waste the new ball early on but looks like they final found out pitching ball up on this wicket can cause damage.

Cant ask for anything better on your debut. And that to think that Mahela said he is more a batsman than a bowler.

Malcolm Shanaka. [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] was right this England batting side is vulnerable. Our pace attack is more potent than Lanka. Maybe we do have a chance

[MENTION=139150]aliasad1998[/MENTION] , our batting is really unsettled - only Cook and Root are secure. This could be a big summer for Pakistan.

England certainly unsettled, however the 1st morning at Headingley is particularly difficult so I wouldn't read too much into it.

:out

Oh boy Shanaka Shanaka Shanaka
[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] he is on fire.

It was expected.

He's the sort of bowler who isn't express fast but who isn't exactly dibbly dobbly either. He has the perfect medium fast pace to trouble the batsman under helpful conditions. Was lethal on a seaming track at Pune vs India. Won't be that dangerous on other tracks though. But he is more of a batsman who can hit the ball long.

This is why I love Sky's coverage.

Got the Chairman of the ECB Colin Grave on for an interview and Atherton grilling him, asking the tough questions.

Agreed, it's brilliant.

Makes a change from certain other countries where journalists are basically no more than mouthpieces of the board.

Colin Graves "I want 18 counties but they got to be able to stand on their own two feet and not keep running back to the ECB trough"

Damn !

Colin Graves "mediocre alert" :))

Calls his own T20 Blast a "mediocre competition" compared to IPL and Big Bash.

Amidst IPL this series is lacking the hype and following. All big cricket minds are currently in India focussing on IPL. Bad time to play test cricket which is already a sinking format.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mahela doesn't quite have a commentator's voice, Lankan commies generally sound boring but its compensated for the fact the guy knows his stuff. Tactically astute as skipper.

Amidst IPL this series is lacking the hype and following. All big cricket minds are currently in India focussing on IPL. Bad time to play test cricket which is already a sinking format.

Not really true, the start of the English summer is always looked forward to. Admittedly Sri Lanka aren't the biggest draw so crowds are lacking.

Here in England IPL has recieved zero mainstream coverage. I didn't even know it had started till I checked cricinfo the other day.

Here in England IPL has recieved zero mainstream coverage. I didn't even know it had started till I checked cricinfo the other day.
I was talking about golbal hype and not only England. I live in Eng too and fully aware how much hype IPL has. Hence they moved it from free TV (ITV 4) to Sky.

Shanaka is a better bowler than Dwayne Bravo and Darren Sammy. Pollard shouldnt even be mentioned as a bowler.

What is happening. This team just beat SA in SA. Maybe theyre just being overconfident. Still think Eng is gonna win this test and the series.

Time for Stokes to maybe play a counter attacking inns here.

England 74/4 and in trouble.

I honestly hope SL and Pakistan embarrass England. Probably not going to happen, but it would give me great pleasure to see England humbled after their series victory in SA.

What is happening. This team just beat SA in SA. Maybe theyre just being overconfident. Still think Eng is gonna win this test and the series.

I'm amazed given England were so comfortable after the first hour. This batting lineup is more vulnerable than people think.

Pakistan are you watching ? Don't turn up with a phattu mentality, these are good but beatable.

Did anyone start a tread about Shanaka being better then Amir yet lol

He is still looks good and he struck a hundred in a warmup game

Looks like Sri Lanka got a promising allrounder

Unbelievable.

Sri Lanka weaving their magic at Headingley again. They love it up here.

Stokes was in T20 mode and pretty poor inns that!

To be fair, they beat us when just about everyone lost their form or were injured. Still no excuse, they won fair and square.

Not watching on TV, Hales is that guy with the weird (up right with twisted neck) batting stance?

Just woke up to see this beauty of a score. SL bowling attack is truly top best like Jayasuriya said

This morning of test cricket > Whole of IPL

A treat to watch

"Sriii Lanka namo namo namo namo matha"!

We are all Lankans today! [MENTION=137535]anuk[/MENTION]

Go SL:akhtar

LOL..No body cares about Guj Lions today. This is epic from SL. Enough of T20s for 2016 already

Surprised Umar Gul has a 5 wicket haul at Headingley given how we're always screaming at him to pitch the ball up in Tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back