[PICTURES] England beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 88 runs in the first Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mathews gone. Inswinger from James Anderson does it.

Now surpasses Kapil Dev as 6th most successful wicket-taker in Tests with 435 wickets.

And with that wicket Jimmy passes Kapil Dev to become the 6th leading wicket taker of all time.

He had to review that! I thought it looked outside off stump. Even if he thought it was out they shouldve reviewed the damn thing.

Wow im scared for our batsmen after watching this. Mathews had to review that. They gave a review and he was the tail was starting after him

Wow im scared for our batsmen after watching this.

Yeah, today's pretty much finished any hopes we had :))

Again though I will say, it is an overcast Headingley in mid-May. Our batsmen should pray its warmer and drier later this summer.

Yeah, today's pretty much finished any hopes we had :))

Again though I will say, it is an overcast Headingley in mid-May. Our batsmen should pray its warmer and drier later this summer.

Yeah ours are at Lords, Old Trafford, Edgbaston and the Oval in that order. Nervous but i cant wait for this to start. Enough cringeworthy T20 garbage. Torture to even turn on an IPL game right now after all the T20 that has been shoved down our throats the last 3 months.

Our series is one Test and one ODI longer than Sri Lankas. Im happy at the length but anyone know why?

These are some absolute rippers from Anderson. Much much more fun than watching Dwayne Bravos slower balls and Pollards slogs. The 2 shouldnt even be compared

Looking at Anderson and Broad, if we are going with Shan and Khurram, then we are going without openers. These two will be no more than an 'imagination'. I know Hafeez is not a good player of moving ball but he is far better than these two and Ahmed Shehzad is a good test opener, a bit inconsistent, though.

Its almost like Anderson has a remote in his hand and uses it to control the ball after delivering it. Another wicket

Looking at Anderson and Broad, if we are going with Shan and Khurram, then we are going without openers. These two will be no more than an 'imagination'. I know Hafeez is not a good player of moving ball but he is far better than these two and Ahmed Shehzad is a good test opener, a bit inconsistent, though.

Khurram wont be in the test squad Im really sure. Hafeez will open with Shan. Hafeez should open with Azhar

Our series is one Test and one ODI longer than Sri Lankas. Im happy at the length but anyone know why?

There's generally always 7 tests in the English summer and they'll be split either 4/3 or 5/2 with the bigger team getting the longer test series. Both series have 5 ODIs and 1 t20 as far as I know though as that's standard here?

Its almost like Anderson has a remote in his hand and uses it to control the ball after delivering it. Another wicket

Anderson bowling is like watching a robot, who is doing a same stuff after every single minute. Pleasant to watch.

There's generally always 7 tests in the English summer and they'll be split either 4/3 or 5/2 with the bigger team getting the longer test series. Both series have 5 ODIs and 1 t20 as far as I know though as that's standard here?

Yeah 5 ODIs each my bad I thought SL had 4

Great from Broad too. A delivery like that from that angle to a left hander is so difficult

I'd like to laugh but this is just a preview of what will happen to Pakistan in the summer.

Anderson will just eat us alive

But such a beautiful bowler to watch

I loved watching Anderson bowl when he was massacring our batsmen.

You guys should learn to do the same. It's not nihilism.

England's contract with Sky is for 7 Tests per home season. The Jul/Aug series is usually the longer series.

SL are playing 5 ODIs too though.

So follow on enforced. Looks like Cook wont be getting his ten thousand runs today

Followon enforced , not really surprising , it was likely that Poms will go for the kill.

Good to see the bowlers folding up a team under 100 after a long time. Don't think we've had one after Pak, NZ & Aus made 2-digit scores in SA ?

Its all likely to be end of the day ... Lanka trailing by 206 with 10 wickets intact .

Big next two days for lanka :)

Damn Lanka has become so poor.. Was my favourite team in the 90s due to the batting line up.. Feel sad watching them capitulate like this

Very good debate going on before the start of play on the future of English t20 with Atherton, Bumble, James Taylor and Jayawerdena at the moment.

Wow the 2nd ball of the over was crazy. Almost like a fast leg spinner

That is an unbelievable delivery. Im getting more scared by each over for our batsmen

Another one bites the dust.

On a side note - have to say, Roshan Abeysinghe is a lot better commentator on radio than TV.

Back on after rain, The Beard gets Chandimal with a cheap dismissal.

SL trailing by 115 runs with 7 wickets left..Looks like England won't be required to bat again.

Mendis with an inside edge onto his stumps.

SL 93-5 and staring down the barrel.

Easy pickings for England this summer. Players should look to boost their numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back