[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Babar Azam's performance watch as captain for Peshawar Zalmi

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan captain Babar Azam and Karachi Kings are likely to part ways ahead of the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) season eight draft.

The 28-year-old led the franchise in PSL 7 where they finished last and lost eight out of ten games.

As per sources, Babar Azam is not interested in playing for the Kings and the franchise may have to decide on a new captain soon.

It must be noted Babar has been part of Karachi Kings since PSL 2 and played an important role in lifting the trophy in 2020.

This means he will likely be play for Lahore in PSL 8. As a Lahore supporter, I am not too thriller about Babar playing for Qalanders.

This means he will likely be play for Lahore in PSL 8. As a Lahore supporter, I am not too thriller about Babar playing for Qalanders.

Nobody wants him besides Multan maybe

What do you think has happened here?

KK must have decided they are moving on with Babar as captain? Babar didn’t want to stay if he isn’t the captain?

May be a dispute between Bobby and Wasim.

I'd be fuming if confidential dressing room info was "leaked" by a team official in an attempt to plug a book.

Good luck to Babar, I hope he feels like he has an axe to grind and just comes out swinging. In the last PSL he didn't play freely enough, perhaps a new setting will let him flourish.

So which franchise wants to drop an opener to number 3 or 4 in order to accommodate Babar’s demands of opening the innings?

Who’s the next opener to realise all that he has worked for throughout his career (as an opener) is meaningless if Babar Azam is in your team?

Will be funny if no team picks him. Maybe that will force him to work on his power hitting, strike rate, intent at the crease

Pretty certain Wasim Akram told the owners to replace Babar as captain and to drop him down the order.

Alternatively Babar might have complained about Wasim Akram to the owners especially when Wasim went public with Babars refusal to drop himself down the order and the owners told him that Wasim is not going anywhere but you are free to go to another Franchise if you want.

Stop this nonsense that somehow Babar has become a bad player. Babar will be an asset to any team.

Also quite strange that they let him during the WC.

The tournament is still alive and if we win it then it would be very marketable to have the WC winning skipper ( despite his personal performances).

There is also still the chance of him personally finding form in the next two matches and leading Pakistan to a triumph while overcoming his demons.

Its all potentially very marketable from a franchise POV and if KK has let him go then its quite hasty. If they had waited a week then they could have made a more informed decision.

It seems like Babar has been the driving forcr behind this.

Stop this nonsense that somehow Babar has become a bad player. Babar will be an asset to any team.

A sign of a great player is their ability to deal with pressure, noise during bad form and to sort themselves out on the big stage during that bad form.

Babar has failed to do that twice in a row on the big state ie the Asia Cup and T20 WC. His lack of performances are now being a liability on the team and he bats like a guy under severe pressure who has no idea how to blitzrek himself back into form and the team cannot afford to carry a player who will waste 20-30 deliveries at a SR of 60-70 wasting the power play and getting out.

It is clear teams have now worked out how to bowl to him early on and have started to plug the gaps in the field and have started to bowl tightly to him. He needs to work on his intent and learn the art of slogging and stepping down the track, hit cross bat shots, disturb the bowlers line and length in order to bring his classic cricketing shots into the play.

Who wants to fork out $170k for a player with a sr of 125 on the flat/placid tracks of Karachi and Lahore?

Tell me how this works out for any franchise owner financially?

He is an asset no doubt but only when paired with an aggressive opener or at No. 3.

I can see other franchises going for him, planning to pair him with a more attacking risk taker at the other end. Kind of like the perfect foil for him. Or if he's willing to come down the order, he'd be fit for No. 3 as well.

Multan looks like a candidate with Rizwan already there but if the management is sane, they will not pair them together at the top.

It seems quite likely that the disputes inside the KK team have been there for a while. Akram's reveal indicates there was clear difference of opinion in the last season as well.

The final decision might have come from Babar formally but I think it's also likely he was made aware that they won't stick to his plans when it comes to the opening partnership.

It seems to be on Babar's end that he no longer wants to be with KK. I doubt KK would be stupid enough to willingly let him go. Reflects poorly on their management though that they've allowed the environment around the team to become so toxic (courtesy people like Amir) that Pakistan's premier cricketer wants nothing to do with them. Huge L for Karachi that will look worse and worse as the years go by.

He is an asset no doubt but only when paired with an aggressive opener or at No. 3.

I can see other franchises going for him, planning to pair him with a more attacking risk taker at the other end. Kind of like the perfect foil for him. Or if he's willing to come down the order, he'd be fit for No. 3 as well.

Multan looks like a candidate with Rizwan already there but if the management is sane, they will not pair them together at the top.

Peshawar makes sense, let him open with Haris or Haider at the top.

Was on the cards considering the situation with Imad and that snake Amir. Plus there's already Karachi journalists who have been talking too much crap about Babar due to that Karachi-Lahore politics and Sarfraz' not being in the team.

Another thing that I have noticed is the notorious Shakil Sheikh has been fired from PCB and he is spitting venom on Wasim Akram all the time now. There were rumors that when Shaikh was a member of board, Wasim complained to IK about him after hearing about him from the players.

1. Waseem akram has said that these are rumors. Kk management has not even sat down to discuss to discuss about psl plans yet so how is this even possible. He himself is busy with pavilion no discussion took place.

2. If this news is to be believed, Karachi is never going to throw Babar azam in the draft. He is a platinum player. He will be traded most likely, because kk will want to get a quality player in return.

3. Based on the categories, Lahore can get Babar. For that they will have to let go of Fakhar Zaman and Mohammad hafeez.

Islamabad united can also get babar but for that they would need to give away Asif Ali

Zalmi can also have Babar but Zalmi has no asset to give to KK in return

Multan has shan Masood or khushdil shah that they can give for Babar

Quetta can move either iftikhar or Hassan for Babar. Infant, if Quetta wanted they can give kk sarfraz and get Babar as captain.

Lahore looks ideal for babar as kk gets good return in Fakhar. But Aqib Jared said another of dumb stuff about Babar so wonder if he would work with him.

From branding pov Lahore own child babar is returning and that would be huge news

1. Waseem akram has said that these are rumors. Kk management has not even sat down to discuss to discuss about psl plans yet so how is this even possible. He himself is busy with pavilion no discussion took place.

2. If this news is to be believed, Karachi is never going to throw Babar azam in the draft. He is a platinum player. He will be traded most likely, because kk will want to get a quality player in return.

3. Based on the categories, Lahore can get Babar. For that they will have to let go of Fakhar Zaman and Mohammad hafeez.

Islamabad united can also get babar but for that they would need to give away Asif Ali

Zalmi can also have Babar but Zalmi has no asset to give to KK in return

Multan has shan Masood or khushdil shah that they can give for Babar

Quetta can move either iftikhar or Hassan for Babar. Infant, if Quetta wanted they can give kk sarfraz and get Babar as captain.

Lahore looks ideal for babar as kk gets good return in Fakhar. But Aqib Jared said another of dumb stuff about Babar so wonder if he would work with him.

From branding pov Lahore own child babar is returning and that would be huge news

Yeah, from all LQ fans…No thank you. Take him to Islamabad

Also quite strange that they let him during the WC.

The tournament is still alive and if we win it then it would be very marketable to have the WC winning skipper ( despite his personal performances).

There is also still the chance of him personally finding form in the next two matches and leading Pakistan to a triumph while overcoming his demons.

Its all potentially very marketable from a franchise POV and if KK has let him go then its quite hasty. If they had waited a week then they could have made a more informed decision.

It seems like Babar has been the driving forcr behind this.

Naa. KK knows babar is a bad captain, pakistan fans don't admit this.

Kk came dead last due to getting too excited in making babar captain pre maturely.

Kk has also let go of many quality players like Harris, iftikhar, Rizwan so they are no developing players.

Babar is not ready to play 1 down.

Lahore is good option as they have weak batting.
Quetta would be ideal for kk as they get sarfraz
Islamabad is good option as there would be better stability but shadab won't give his captaincy away
Multan would be a blinder with both Rizwan and babar as openers. Only issue would be captaincy.

If Babar wants captaincy, he can only get that through quetta

Yeah, from all LQ fans…No thank you. Take him to Islamabad

I understand you don't live in Pakistan

Babar azam is a big thing in Lahore. Lahori loves him he's like the mian Saab of Lahore.

Psl performance doesn't matter, what matters is the branding and marketing. This guy goes to Lahore, it would be branded as the love child of Lahore is coming home. Investors will goo crazy and lq will be sponsored by top brands..

Overseas fans are not real fans, its the locals..

Perfect time for QG to get Rid of Sarfraz and it would be a good trade for KK as it will please their fan base and increase viewership.

Perfect time for QG to get Rid of Sarfraz and it would be a good trade for KK as it will please their fan base and increase viewership.

He is QG’s most adored player/leader

Sarfaraz isn’t going to be traded off for a selfish leader/captain

I understand you don't live in Pakistan

Babar azam is a big thing in Lahore. Lahori loves him he's like the mian Saab of Lahore.

Psl performance doesn't matter, what matters is the branding and marketing. This guy goes to Lahore, it would be branded as the love child of Lahore is coming home. Investors will goo crazy and lq will be sponsored by top brands..

Overseas fans are not real fans, its the locals..

He isn’t coming back to Lahore. This isn’t a fantasy land franchise

Wouldn't mind if he came to Islamabad. Would also be good to see him at quetta as a normal player..maybe he would be happy to just play under another player? Without the pressure of cuptaany?. May help his game and focus. Overall any franchise would have him..if i were qalanders I would replace the retired hafeez with him...

Wouldn't mind if he came to Islamabad. Would also be good to see him at quetta as a normal player..maybe he would be happy to just play under another player? Without the pressure of cuptaany?. May help his game and focus. Overall any franchise would have him..if i were qalanders I would replace the retired hafeez with him...

Islamabad is one of the most aggressive franchises in PSL, they have a very good batting line up of power hitters 1-8

No way he will bat as an opener over Hales/Stirling

Depends if omar is ready to move sarfraz and whether sarfraz wants to move.

The owner of quetta likes sarfraz alot and sarfraz likes him as well for the trust he puts in him. Sarfraz is lifetime captain for them and sarfraz would not want to risk his career like that.

Yes kk getting sarfraz would be as crazy as Lahore getting babar.

Let’s not get ridiculous now - PSL is a nothing league, the standard of cricket is laughable. Babar will be a huge asset for any PSL franchise.

Speaking of trades, Hafeez has already announced that he will not be with LQ next season. Hafeez-Babar swap would work for both KK and LQ.

I would love him at PZ of course but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen. PZ is in dire need of 2-3 quality batsmen.

Islamabad is one of the most aggressive franchises in PSL, they have a very good batting line up of power hitters 1-8

No way he will bat as an opener over Hales/Stirling

Islamabad has an issue bro.

After a while when the players get injured or international players are called up, islamabad doesn't have enough batters to field. Islamabad as outsourced its upper order batting completely.

If Islamabad gets Babar azam as opener, they won't have issue in fielding teams than as they will get a fit and quality player.

Islamabad would have to give up there asset however. Maybe waseem jr or Hassan ali. But shadab won't let go his friend hassan

Let’s not get ridiculous now - PSL is a nothing league, the standard of cricket is laughable. Babar will be a huge asset for any PSL franchise.

Speaking of trades, Hafeez has already announced that he will not be with LQ next season. Hafeez-Babar swap would work for both KK and LQ.

I would love him at PZ of course but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen. PZ is in dire need of 2-3 quality batsmen.

If he goes to PZ then I think Haider should request a transfer

No coach/investor will be stupid enough to shift Harris to accommodate Babar, but Haider who could be eyeing the opening spot will definitely have to be shuffled into a position he may not be comfortable with if Babar arrives

Babar is a massive, massive expensive liability for any franchise he moves too if he plans to play as an opener

Who wants to fork out $170k for a player with a sr of 125 on the flat/placid tracks of Karachi and Lahore?

Tell me how this works out for any franchise owner financially?

I am not sure if you understand how branding works and by your post, it's obvious that you don't. Babar is the biggest name in PK cricket by an absolute mile, and loved by the fans across different ethnicities, with that in mind, franchise owners will see him a real asset.

Pz works best as PZ has massive space for platinum and diamond.

Pz issue is PZ has no asset to give to Karachi. PZ also cares less about performance and is more focus on marketing.
KK can't get anything valuable from PZ. Maybe shoaib malik?

Three way trade can work between PZ, KK and LQ.

LQ gets malik or Wahab, PZ gets Babar, KK gets Fakhar

In all honesty I think the most suitable franchise for Babar is Multan who already open with Rizwan and Shan. He can replace Shan and Shan can come in at 3, followed by Russouw, David and Khushdil.

They can all be happy playing together and enjoying each other’s company. Smash David Willy in the nets to regain form as well

He isn’t coming back to Lahore. This isn’t a fantasy land franchise

It absolutely makes sense for him to go to Lahore. They have Brook, Fakhar, Salt and Wiese in their team and having Babar play on one end whilst everyone else GOES will likely make LQ incredibly difficult to beat.

However

If he’s leaving KK, it will only be via a trade. And for all his recent form issues, he’s still only one of Pakistan’s two truly world class players. Thus KK will need a big name in return. LQ aren’t going to let go of Shaheen and even if they do release Fakhar, Fakhar isn’t playing cricket anytime soon given his knee issues.

The smart play from KK would be to swap with Zalmi for Haider and Wahab. Haider can still be rehabilitated under the right coach, and Wahab provides them with good leadership and death bowling.

Multan is the other option, but would they be willing to let go of a Dahani/Shan to cater for Babar?

ISLU is not going to happen, given that they have a set opening pair in Hales/Sterling

QG probably won’t happen because they’ll probably want to pick Saim Ayub as an opener and pair him with Jason Roy. Also, it’s likely that they want Nawaz to eventually succeed Sarfi as captain, so Babar doesn’t fit into that.

Babar is an orthodox player and when in form and with confidence, he is amongst the best in the World. His problem more recently is that he is out of form, and he is trying to force the ball and with anxiety, the bottom hand is taking over and its going no where. Babar doesn't do unorthodoxy, and when he does, it doesnt work. He needs to be positive but play to his strengths.

kk swap malik for babar azam with pz, imad/morgan likely to captain kk, babar, haris and haider at pz, with a few other overseas batsman.

quetta, isloo, multan and lahore are not changing sarfraz, shadab, rizwan or shaheen as captains, and babar will not move to a franchise and not be captain.

this is how id think things pan out. i cant see him anywhere other than zalmi, and given how toxic the kk dressing room is i doubt he could go back and captain that team.

Babar is an orthodox player and when in form and with confidence, he is amongst the best in the World. His problem more recently is that he is out of form, and he is trying to force the ball and with anxiety, the bottom hand is taking over and its going no where. Babar doesn't do unorthodoxy, and when he does, it doesnt work. He needs to be positive but play to his strengths.

Yup, agreed. Would you recommend Babar making way for an in form batter or would you not change things last minute before the KO.

Just a assumption but he might not be comfortable sharing dressing room with amir and Imad

What is the process of swapping players in PSL?
Any auction?

There’s a retention/trading window where I believe franchises can retain 8 players. (Not sure abt the number). In this window, franchises can then do trades for either people in the same category or a combo of people in a lower category plus a draft pick.

For eg, last year ISLU and QG traded Ifti and Azam Khan.

Given that none of the teams will trade their Pakistani platinum players w/ KK for Babar, I would expect Babar being traded for a lower category player plus a draft pick.

After the retention/trading window is over, we then have the draft.

Probably doesnt want to face Aamir and Imad Wasim. Imad Wasim more so. Him not being in the squad is criminal.

Would have been hard for him to play with some of the guys in KK after their random rants about him and the team. KK can make Imad captain again while QG and PZ can potentially be really good franchises for Babar and he can lead them as well. Let see how it goes.

Would have been hard for him to play with some of the guys in KK after their random rants about him and the team. KK can make Imad captain again while QG and PZ can potentially be really good franchises for Babar and he can lead them as well. Let see how it goes.

How is the owner of QG going to show disloyalty to Sarfaraz by replacing him with Babar who abandoned him for Rizwan in the national side?

How is the owner of QG going to show disloyalty to Sarfaraz by replacing him with Babar who abandoned him for Rizwan in the national side?

High time for QG owner to start showing loyalty towards his team and investment.

High time for QG owner to start showing loyalty towards his team and investment.

Yeah but you are asking for sudden killer blows from a siyasi perspective

The same issue is with LQ signing Babar. It makes no sense for the Rana Bros to give their family guy coach (Aqib) the headache of Babar in the dressing room. It will totally upset his plans as a coach who has made his views very clear about Bobby. He only rates him as a number 4, is Bobby happy to play under him after his comments and is he happy to play at 4?

Just imagine the scenes if nobody picks him 🤣🤣. The best all format batter won't be able to play in 3rd class league.

Just imagine the scenes if nobody picks him 🤣🤣. The best all format batter won't be able to play in 3rd class league.

It won't happen.

Babar is still a massive brand name.

He will be picked up no problem.

Just imagine the scenes if nobody picks him ����. The best all format batter won't be able to play in 3rd class league.

Very funny.

Why do we have haters calling the PSL a third class league. Its better than both the bbl and the hundred and the t20 big bash. By miles..the aussies are seriously concerned about the bbl and its audience numbers. The English had to create a whole new competition to try and keep t20 alive.

Then you have the CPL the Lanka league and the BPL. All three are of varying quality. The PSL is better than all three..

In essence its the best league after the IPL by miles. And I say this because the BBL doesn't really have anybody the oz stars playing in it or some big int stars.

Babar will find it easy to be bought because real cricket people understand what a great batsman he is. But Pakistanis have a habit of putting their greats and well wishers down. That's why we are ruled by criminals.

But I digress. I still remeber the days of 10 for 2 with malik and hafeez to come and all of us knowing it was all over but still cheering them. We have a good team and Babar is on his way to greatness. Let's not denigrate a great servant just because he is out of form.

Good riddance. Hopefully no one else signs him. Wouldn't have him as captain of our village team.

[/U][/B]

Yes, asset to any team playing against Pakistan .

This

No doubt he is a class batsman, but you need to know how to utilise each player correctly

Babar himself hasn’t figured out what suits his team best.

8 defeats and it is no surprise he has to go, it’s best for both parties. The conspiracy theories are pushing it, this isn’t something out of the ordinary.

Pakistan captain Babar Azam and Karachi Kings are likely to part ways ahead of the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) season eight draft.

The 28-year-old led the franchise in PSL 7 where they finished last and lost eight out of ten games.

As per sources, Babar Azam is not interested in playing for the Kings and the franchise may have to decide on a new captain soon.

It must be noted Babar has been part of Karachi Kings since PSL 2 and played an important role in lifting the trophy in 2020.

He is a bad captain. I hope no PSL team play him as a captain.

He is an asset to any PSL team provided he strictly follow these 3 rules:
1) He cannot play as a captain
2) He cannot play as an opener
3) He cannot play selfishly

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Babar Azam is likely to leave Karachi Kings ahead of PSL8. He feels that a change of team would benefit him and the franchise going forward <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PSL8?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PSL8</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1589658241838874624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A move to QG or MS looks more likely. Zalmi has a good system as well under Mohammad Akram but don't know if Babar would be willing to be in the same team as Malik and Wahab going by recent events. PZ will probably sign someone better in the platinum category by letting go of Haider.

Once Stirling, Hales left IU midway followed by Shadab and Munro getting injured, IU's batting became worse than a club quality team. They might also be looking to sign him.

People still forget that Babar is still the biggest name in Pak Cricket at present followed by Shaheen and Shadab. Barring an unfortunate injury, none of these 3 are not going undrafted.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Babar Azam is likely to leave Karachi Kings ahead of PSL8. He feels that a change of team would benefit him and the franchise going forward <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PSL8?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PSL8</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1589658241838874624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently a twitter account (not Saj Bhai’s) has reported the following:

KK need to either move Babar on or Imad/Aamir, as Imad/Aamir are not happy w/ Babar’s captaincy.

Naseem Shah also wants to leave QG as well.

Lastly, PZ want to move Haider on, as they don’t want him as their platinum player. They want to replace him with either Rizzy (why would Multan do that?) or Imad Wasim.

Thus, with all that happening, the following can happen:

1) Babar to PZ, Haider to KK

Or

2) Imad to PZ, Aamir to QG, Haider to KK, Naseem to KK

I imagine 1) will probably happen more than 2) , especially given Saj Bhai’s tweet.

I can’t see Naseem being let go unless QG get a top replacement seamer like Amir.

Again, please take it all with a grain of salt

Sad really how politics have affected KK.

Peter Moores is a pathetic coach especially in regards to LOIs. Wasim Akram loves him for some reason.

With revolutionary like Aaqib Javed LQ will never take him, QG already has Sarfraz who Baber dumped from intl. team so no chance here, PZ has Akmal, Haris and Wahab so difficult for Baber, so that only leaves MS and IU, and most likely RizBar will join together at MS with Shan moving to no.3

I won't mind LQ to trade him with Fakhar, so that we can see actually Fakhar/Sharjeel Pair. Also I would really want Shan to be in KK, as there must be some Karachi blood in order to make huge publicity in karachi itself, you can not just play with random combination, you need to add some regional players in order to make public interest more.

I'm sure Babar will not lead the next team he will join, which would be good for his own game and to the team. His T20 batting has lots of room for improvement.

With revolutionary like Aaqib Javed LQ will never take him, QG already has Sarfraz who Baber dumped from intl. team so no chance here, PZ has Akmal, Haris and Wahab so difficult for Baber, so that only leaves MS and IU, and most likely RizBar will join together at MS with Shan moving to no.3

LQ couldn’t take him even if they wanted to, because they’re platinum slots are already filled with Shaheen, Haris and Rashid Khan

Akmal has left PZ already and Wahab is getting older.

ISLU again have a platinum player issue with Shadab, Hales etc already being platinum picks

It's all gone rather sour at KK hasn't it.

I guess the final straw was the criticism of Babar on TV on the owner's channel by Wasim Akram?

It's all gone rather sour at KK hasn't it.

I guess the final straw was the criticism of Babar on TV on the owner's channel by Wasim Akram?

Can't blame Wasim. His own job and performance is dependent on the decisions Babar makes as captain. There were reports by various reporters that Wasim was not happy with the decision to hand over the captaincy to Babar from Imad.

I am pretty sure Babar got wind of things that he was not going to be captain this season.

Is there anyone from Karachi in KK to lead? Someone from Karachi who can take ownership? Imad and Amir are from Punjab I guess

Is there anyone from Karachi in KK to lead? Someone from Karachi who can take ownership? Imad and Amir are from Punjab I guess

Saud Shaqeel won Karachi the national cup

He isn’t a bad option if you ask me

Can't blame Wasim. His own job and performance is dependent on the decisions Babar makes as captain. There were reports by various reporters that Wasim was not happy with the decision to hand over the captaincy to Babar from Imad.

I am pretty sure Babar got wind of things that he was not going to be captain this season.

But there again people will say who were the guys at the auction making the decisions?

The squad that was picked was embarrassing.

But there again people will say who were the guys at the auction making the decisions?

The squad that was picked was embarrassing.

It was reminiscent of the Pakistan squad. Plenty of openers who can utilise the powerplay but not reliable middle order batsman

That too because Babar wasn’t going to sacrifice himself to number 3 or 4 to provide the balance

[/U][/B]

Yes, asset to any team playing against Pakistan .

Rubbish. It's only a year ago that he led PK to a 10 wicket over India with intelligent batting under immense pressureto break the hoodoo that lasted nearly 30 years . Players have ups and downs, and he is in his down turn. Form is temporary, class is permanent. This isnt to say that his batting is beyond criticism because I agree he does lack intent especially when batting 1st

quetta is karachi's real team, hence they have players like saim ayub on the books. kk has always been a more national outfit, with no real inclination towards any region.

I've heard that Babar feels he isn't getting his say in key decisions made by the franchise, especially when it comes to player selection and retention.

I've heard that Babar feels he isn't getting his say in key decisions made by the franchise, especially when it comes to player selection and retention.

Hes got enought credit as the best pakistani batsman in a generation and the current pakistan captain to have a sizeable say in selection

Itd be karachis loss if he was to walk

On the other hand, Martin Guptill has officially signed for the PSL draft.

Pakistan all-format captain and the most successful batter in the history of the tournament, Babar Azam, will don Peshawar Zalmi colours in the eighth edition of the HBL Pakistan Super League.

In one of the biggest trades of the tournament, 2017 champions Peshawar Zalmi snapped Babar in the Platinum category and the first pick in the supplementary round for Haider Ali and Shoaib Malik who move to Karachi Kings, the winners of the 2020 edition, in Platinum and Diamond categories, respectively, before the trade and retention window closed on Friday evening.

During the trade and retention window, a side can assemble up to eight players before the HBL PSL Player Draft, in which it can increase the squad side to 18 players - three each in Platinum, Diamond and Gold categories, five Silver, two Emerging and up to two Supplementary categories.

Babar Azam, who was at Islamabad United before moving to Karachi Kings, is the only player in Platinum category for Peshawar Zalmi. Wahab Riaz and Sherfane Rutherford are in Diamond, while Mohammad Haris, who has lightened up the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup with his fearless batting, is in Gold. Peshawar Zalmi are the only side to retain seven players.

Haider is Karachi’s only player in the platinum category, while Shoaib joins Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir in the Diamond. They have retained Sharjeel Khan, Mir Hamza and Aamir Yamin in the Silver category and Qasim Akram in the Emerging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back