[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Would it be fair to call Mohammad Rizwan the subcontinental slayer?

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Mohammad Rizwan has never been dismissed after reaching a century in Tests. The most interesting fact about this is that all his Test centuries have been scored on home soil [Pakistan]. Apart from Tests, he has scored 3 centuries in ODIs:

Mohammad Rizwan centuries in ODI:

RunsBalls4s6sTeamOppVenueDate
1​
131*​
121​
8​
3​
PAK​
SL​
Hyderabad​
2023-10-10​
2​
104​
102​
9​
1​
PAK​
AUS​
Dubai​
2019-03-29​
3​
115​
126​
11​
0​
PAK​
AUS​
Sharjah​
2019-03-24​

And in T20Is, he has one T20I century, which he scored against South Africa in the 1st T20I at Lahore - 104* off 64.

All of these centuries have been scored in the sub-continent region, so would it be fair to call him the Subcontinent Slayer?

IONDIz4.jpg

Last edited:
Mohammad Rizwan has never been dismissed after reaching a century in Tests. The most interesting fact about this is that all his Test centuries have been scored on home soil [Pakistan]. Apart from Tests, he has scored 3 centuries in ODIs:

1​
131*
121​
8​
3​
PAK​
SL​
Hyderabad​
2023-10-10​
2​
102​
9​
1​
PAK​
AUS​
Dubai​
2019-03-29​
3​
126​
11​
0​
PAK​
AUS​
Sharjah​
2019-03-24​

And in T20Is, he has one T20I century, which he scored against South Africa in the 1st T20I at Lahore - 104* off 64.

All of these centuries have been scored in the sub-continent region, so would it be fair to call him the Subcontinent Slayer?

IONDIz4.jpg
What happened in asia cup?

He's falling into the same trend of bashing in pakistan only.

Everywhere like india, Sri lanka, Afghanistan its a different story

Pakistan needs home slayers, infact every team needs them. Home track bullies are worth their weight in Gold.
Absolutely.

The key to being a strong test side is making your home a fortress.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to this in previous cycles.

No. He's a much better red ball player than white ball especially when he's batting below 5.

I absolutely despise rizwan in t20is and even in odis he failed in world cup but he is an excellent test batsman much better than water boy uncle sarfraz.

He has excellent record outside subcontinent he has average over 40 outside Asia which that water boy sarfaraz can't even imagine to achieve.

1​
131*​
121​
8​
3​
PAK​
SL​
Hyderabad​
2023-10-10​
2​
104​
102​
9​
1​
PAK​
AUS​
Dubai​
2019-03-29​
3​
115​
126​
11​
0​
PAK​
AUS​
Sharjah​
2019-03-24​

IONDIz4.jpg
In tests he has average over 40 outside Asia.He is a good test batter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rizwan has a track record of performing away from home, Saud Shakeel is the actual HTB.

Looks like a tail-ender whenever he bats in SENA.

I don't think so because a player with a batting average of over 40 in Australia and New Zealand can't be called a subcontinental slayer.

At the end of the day, even against minnows on flat decks, you can claim some credit based on the situation you have come to the crease in.

Look at Saud, 16-3, his innings means something. Saim - his innings meant something.

Rizwan came when the repair job had been done, all the juice from the wicket had evaporated, very little pressure and the bangalis were just looking to contain. Even tailenders could have come in and scored in that situation as Shaheen proved when he smacked them around.

So nah, no extra credit for Rizwan in this, but very well played Saim and Saud

At the end of the day, even against minnows on flat decks, you can claim some credit based on the situation you have come to the crease in.

Look at Saud, 16-3, his innings means something. Saim - his innings meant something.

Rizwan came when the repair job had been done, all the juice from the wicket had evaporated, very little pressure and the bangalis were just looking to contain. Even tailenders could have come in and scored in that situation as Shaheen proved when he smacked them around.

So nah, no extra credit for Rizwan in this, but very well played Saim and Saud
Agree totally but not really his fault if I’m fair. He’s gotta bat in the situation given to him. He batted well. Fair play.

Agree totally but not really his fault if I’m fair. He’s gotta bat in the situation given to him. He batted well. Fair play.
Agreed you can only play what’s in front of you, so you can’t really fault him here, but it’s not an innings to get excited about in terms of him turning a corner in test cricket

Agreed you can only play what’s in front of you, so you can’t really fault him here, but it’s not an innings to get excited about in terms of him turning a corner in test cricket
Tbf in Test cricket he has played some good knocks.

I think his 130 odd against NZ in the 2nd innings first Test 2020 was a great innings. He was pretty good against England at Old Trafford too in 2021.

He’s alright for Test cricket.

Rizwan & Jamal were outstanding in Aus by Pak standards that’s half a ICC trophy
Sharjeel was outstanding in Australia last time too, that’s the other half of the ICC trophy?

Sharjeel was outstanding in Australia last time too, that’s the other half of the ICC trophy?
Pak ain’t won a test match or a session In Aus since dinosaur days.. when Jamal was taking wickets rizwan scoring 90 odd on par with a icc trophy

Pak ain’t won a test match or a session In Aus since dinosaur days.. when Jamal was taking wickets rizwan scoring 90 odd on par with a icc trophy
Asad Shafiq nearly pulling off the chase to win the d/n Test is another ICC trophy in our cabinet?

Asad Shafiq nearly pulling off the chase to win the d/n Test is another ICC trophy in our cabinet?
Why not if you perform in Aus/Sa you’ve made it, you still remember shafiqs innings.

Can you see saud Salman Imam ul haq crossing 30 in those conditions

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not if you perform in Aus/Sa you’ve made it, you still remember shafiqs innings.

Can you see saud Salman parchi ul haq crossing 30 in those conditions
I remember Imran Farhat’s 96 at the Oval 2006 too. No current player in the Pakistan side is capable of playing an innings like that, it’s the same day when Asif took 4fer and ran through England top order.

What do you say about that? Farhat is not a parchi?

1​
131*​
121​
8​
3​
PAK​
SL​
Hyderabad​
2023-10-10​
2​
104​
102​
9​
1​
PAK​
AUS​
Dubai​
2019-03-29​
3​
115​
126​
11​
0​
PAK​
AUS​
Sharjah​
2019-03-24​

IONDIz4.jpg
It’ll be fair to call him Home Track Bully, that too once in a while

Mohammad Rizwan has never been dismissed after reaching a century in Tests. The most interesting fact about this is that all his Test centuries have been scored on home soil [Pakistan].

Since you stated the bold part , why a player should be termed as subcontinent slayer? Subcontionent slayers tag should be reserved for batsmen who have dominating performances in entire subcontinent.

Since you stated the bold part , why a player should be termed as subcontinent slayer? Subcontionent slayers tag should be reserved for batsmen who have dominating performances in entire subcontinent.

Even in Pakistan, is that even slaying though? I was expecting more from a slayer's record.

Rizwan is more of a home track beast than a subcontinent slayer and these is no shame in it. You are meant to dominate at home and he did exactly that.

Tbf in Test cricket he has played some good knocks.

I think his 130 odd against NZ in the 2nd innings first Test 2020 was a great innings. He was pretty good against England at Old Trafford too in 2021.

He’s alright for Test cricket.
Yea he was ok in test cricket when he stayed in his lane. Batting at 6/7. Then came the no4 experiment. Completely messed him and the team balance up (self inflicted I’m pretty sure). this resulted in the debacle of the England series where he was pathetic. For me, he can’t wipe the stain of that England series until he proves it against better opposition.

He has balanced record both home and away. He doesn't have tons outside Asia yet but a keeper batsman isn't expected to hit a lot of tons outside Asia anyways.

Over the next few years, if he can hit a couple of hundreds, especially in Australia or England, that's good enough for him to be considered the best keeper batsman for Pakistan.

When was the last time Pakistan won a Test match with Rizwan in the playing XI?

Rizwan has conned Pakistan into believing he is this great player who can rise from hospital bed to fight for the country. I see a bright future for him as a politician once he retires.

Mohammad Rizwan falls after scoring 29(63) - Nahid Rana gets some sharp bounce and he's caught in the slips. It means Pakistan can't survive the rest of the day now.

qAvdV8V.jpg

He always needed someone to support him otherwise he walks off in pressure situations or consume a lot of balls in losing cause.

He always needed someone to support him otherwise he walks off in pressure situations or consume a lot of balls in losing cause.
People view this clown as if he's some javed miandad. Thank God this moron wasn't batting with amir against sri lanka in 2017. Pata nahi kya hota

Rizwan is currently Pakistan's top scorer in this 2 Test match series against Bangladesh.

dPblJPS.jpg

I know the answer but if I mention it then it may lead to an argument where others will make judgmental remarks or shift goalposts so it's better to remain silent.
Averaging and making more 50's then Pant and mendis is understandable. Those 2 are impact players like fakhar and only kick off when their onsong and are in the mood.

Butler + Qdk is because these 2 have faced tougher attacks then rizwan and also played significantly less games then him.

@mominsaigol @topspin @Dr_Bassim @VForVendetta @RyanRyan10 @YousafTheBeast

Something isn’t adding up. Rizwan averaging 10-15 runs more than players who’s teams a clearly far superior. What’s this sorcery?

It's the most meaningless stat ever.

Notice this is another PCB marketing gimmick, possibly backed by Saya Corp, used to promote an average player.

Unlike QDK, Buttler and Pant, Rizwan has feasted on second and third tier bowling attacks along with minnows during meaningless bilaterals.

If there was an award for the most useless stat ever. This takes the cake for me.

Mohammad Rizwan missed his fifty as he scored 45 off 57 for Markhors against Panthers in the Champions One-Day Cup 2024, but to be honest, his strike rate has become a permanent issue for him.

He really needs to improve his SR... played well but as an international player i was expecting that he will go hard on this batting friendly surface but again that pathetic mindset of our players to just play for statpadding.

Back