PPCL | Cornered Tigers | Team Thread | #FightLikeCorneredTigers

It was roundabout the time that Doc Sahab and I got our first idea for PPCL Academy :afridi

Mainay diamond contract liya hua tha, but consistently would be hit for 3 boundaries off every over :butt :)))

Bro agar he performs like the Karachi wala diamond Thunderbolt than other teams ki toh Eid agayi :)))

Oh no :))) :)))

We can say it was a blessing in disguise as that is the reason the Academy has become one of the most professional institution of PPCL.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bro let’s promote [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] to a diamond bat instead of Rafay bhai.

Oh no :))) :)))

We can say it was a blessing in disguise as that is the reason the Academy has become one of the most professional institution of PPCL.

We have financially revolutionized the cricket industry. Kerry Packer, then Lalit Modi, and now us alhamdulillah.

We have financially revolutionized the cricket industry. Kerry Packer, then Lalit Modi, and now us alhamdulillah.

Alhamdullilah I’m blessed to have you and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] around me who have guided me very well in my first year at the Academy. :salute

Last edited:
Alhamdullilah I’m blessed to have you and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] around me who have guided me very well in my first year at the Academy. :salute
What are you talking about, you were a natural :amir

Team Name:
Cornered Tigers

Team Logo:
:tigers

Stadium Name:
The Cage

Player Roles

Diamond:
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] - Bat (Right Hand Bat, Right Arm Leg Spin)
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] - Bat (Right Hand Bat, Right Arm Medium)
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] - Bat (Left Hand Bat, Left Arm Off Spin)
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] - Bowl (Right Arm Fast-Medium, Right Hand Bat)

Regular:
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] - Bowl (Left Arm Leg Spin, Left Hand Bat)
[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION] - Bowl (Left Arm Fast Medium, Left Hand Bat)
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] - WK-Bat (Left Hand Bat, Right Arm Off Spin)
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] - Bat (Right Hand Bat, Right Arm Medium)
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION] - Bowler (Right Arm Fast Medium, Right Hand Bat)
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION] - Bat (Left Hand Bat, Left Arm Fast)
[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] - Bowler (Left Arm Fast-Medium, Right Hand Bat)
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] - Bowler (Left Arm Off Spin, Right Hand Bat)

International Regular:
# M Muralitharan - Bowler (Right Arm Off Spin, Right Hand Bat)

# Shane Warne - Bowler (Right Arm Leg Spin, Right Hand Bat)

# Courtney Walsh - Bowler (Right Arm Fast Medium, Right Hand Bat)

Captain: [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]
Vice Captain: [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Ground Characteristics:
Bounce: High
Swing: Low
Seam: Low
Spin: High
Deterioration: Low

So this is the squad for post mid-season!

Will post it too in the team submission form after [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] approves the contract swap between ahmadharis1 and ARK Rafay.

Honored to obtain a diamond contract. Will not let my team down. Lets finish strong boys!

Honored to obtain a diamond contract. Will not let my team down. Lets finish strong boys!

You had shown immense potential and that’s why Imran, [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and me decided to give you a diamond!

You have a bright future bro, keep it up :salute

So we are back!

First match after the midseason break is an away game against LC.

They have chosen for a normal pitch.
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] so we are not going to use boosts right for FC matches? Ya phir plan badalgaya hai?

Below is the lineup which I think should suit us, please don’t hesitate if you have some changes in mind:
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK)
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]/@StreetSmart
Courtney Walsh

Tbh we’re probably not going to win first class, even our squad has only 6 batsmen and 5 bowlers because we want to focus on LOI, so our best option is to try and preserve our players’ stats which means you and Jadeja :))) You already have fantastic averages so let’s not play you on fast bowling pitches :afridi

And tbh it’ll give us a small chance at winning to go with an all pace attack
[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION]
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION]
Courtney Walsh

But tbh we can play you for the fun of it :)) up to you

Tbh we’re probably not going to win first class, even our squad has only 6 batsmen and 5 bowlers because we want to focus on LOI, so our best option is to try and preserve our players’ stats which means you and Jadeja :))) You already have fantastic averages so let’s not play you on fast bowling pitches :afridi

And tbh it’ll give us a small chance at winning to go with an all pace attack

[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION]
Courtney Walsh

But tbh we can play you for the fun of it :)) up to you

Yes bro was thinking the same. Let’s give our best without boosts, the gap is just too much to be honest.

I could play against MU and LH lmao :)))

First Class Championship

Position Teams Matches Won Tied Lost Bonus Points Total Points
1 Loose Cannons CC 5 3 1 1 25 89
2 Lightning Hawks CC 5 3 1 1 27 87
3 The Pindi Boyz 5 2 0 3 25 65
4 Cornered Tigers 5 1 3 1 24 64
5 Cerebral Assassins 5 1 2 2 26 62
6 Misbah United CC 5 1 1 3 22 50

Honestly bro, if we have a great match against LC we might be able to clutch things up.

Suppose LH drop points too we could opt to use boosts again... what do you think?

First Class Championship

Position Teams Matches Won Tied Lost Bonus Points Total Points
1 Loose Cannons CC 5 3 1 1 25 89
2 Lightning Hawks CC 5 3 1 1 27 87
3 The Pindi Boyz 5 2 0 3 25 65
4 Cornered Tigers 5 1 3 1 24 64
5 Cerebral Assassins 5 1 2 2 26 62
6 Misbah United CC 5 1 1 3 22 50

Honestly bro, if we have a great match against LC we might be able to clutch things up.

Suppose LH drop points too we could opt to use boosts again... what do you think?

Don't give up yet Tigers. Are you Cornered Tigers? Tigers do not back down from a fight. You still have a chance and you fought well - you were just a bit unlucky. I know for sure that Imran would not give up.

So go get them and fight your hardest! :aag

Don't give up yet Tigers. Are you Cornered Tigers? Tigers do not back down from a fight. You still have a chance and you fought well - you were just a bit unlucky. I know for sure that Imran would not give up.

Couple of wins and they will become a strong contender.
1 win will be easy, #Tigers record against Hawks is 3-0.

Couple of wins and they will become a strong contender.
1 win will be easy, #Tigers record against Hawks is 3-0.

That record will change in the second half of the season. :yk

But, yes the table is close and a few results could change everything.

Thanks for the encouraging words brother!

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] phir hojaye aik comeback?

Let’s try our luck we are second in T20’s so we can compensate triple boost for once...

Last edited:
These guys are playing psychological games :))) if we win the next match with 3 boosts we will begin sinking boosts in other FC matches. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] goes with 0 boosts just to psychologically break us after first class season ends :afridi

This is why I think we should wait for [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] bhai to post his lineup, boosts ka pata chal jaye ga.

These guys are playing psychological games :))) if we win the next match with 3 boosts we will begin sinking boosts in other FC matches. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] goes with 0 boosts just to psychologically break us after first class season ends :afridi

This is why I think we should wait for [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] bhai to post his lineup, boosts ka pata chal jaye ga.

True! Let’s wait and see what they do :afridi

Bro I'd be beyond surprised if any team doesn't go for 3 boosts in every Test and ODI going forward :))

I am hungry. When are we playing next? :inti
Most probably tomorrow! Can’t wait to see the lads on the ground again. [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] will lead you guys on the field. I won’t be playing as their pitch doesn’t suit spinners.

Line up posted in match thread. Let's see if #Tigers walk the walk after talks of using no boosts :)))

Bro this whole boosts scenario is so funny :)))

It all depends on what [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] recommends me.

Bro this whole boosts scenario is so funny :)))

It all depends on what [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] recommends me.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] is my Brother-in-Psychology. He will recommend 3 boosts.

Pre-Match discussions were just for banter to warm up after a long gap between matches.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] is my Brother-in-Psychology. He will recommend 3 boosts.

Pre-Match discussions were just for banter to warm up after a long gap between matches.

Yeah I think so too.

Well we can afford to use boosts because of our nice T20 campaign. So why not go all out for FC :yk

Suggested lineup for our match against LC if we use boosts:
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] (C)

[MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] (Super Bowler)

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] (VC)

[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] (Super Batsman)

[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION] (Super Batsman)

Courtney Walsh

What do you think about this?

Courtney Walsh

You’ve listed 10 people, we only have 6 bats — our entire strategy is geared towards LOI. Secondly, our boost quota not only represents our personal boost quota but also psychologically impacts how opposition teams perceive us.

You’ve listed 10 people, we only have 6 bats — our entire strategy is geared towards LOI. Secondly, our boost quota not only represents our personal boost quota but also psychologically impacts how opposition teams perceive us.

Yeah I get it. Let’s not change our strategy at the last moment. We go without boosts. That’s the best option for us

Going to post the lineup then!

:salute

Yeah I get it. Let’s not change our strategy at the last moment. We go without boosts. That’s the best option for us

Going to post the lineup then!

In other words, we are forcing teams to split boosts between ODI and T20, allowing us a chance to sneak in during ODI — [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] are you watching closely? :afridi

Courtney Walsh

When is our match?

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] looks like flighting opening up soon IA - you planning on travelling soon back to Pak?

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] looks like flighting opening up soon IA - you planning on travelling soon back to Pak?

No idea, man. Lahore is turning into an epicenter. Recently I flew within the US from California to Boston to stay with my cousin and even that flying experience was a little suffocating.

To be completely honest, ideally I do want to go back if I was being selfish. But also, I’m probably not the one going to be most impacted if I get sick and go home. So I’m struggling with these questions on a daily basis, even though I personally want nothing more than to go back. What about you?

No idea, man. Lahore is turning into an epicenter. Recently I flew within the US from California to Boston to stay with my cousin and even that flying experience was a little suffocating.

To be completely honest, ideally I do want to go back if I was being selfish. But also, I’m probably not the one going to be most impacted if I get sick and go home. So I’m struggling with these questions on a daily basis, even though I personally want nothing more than to go back. What about you?

It’s the same thing man though I will have to go to be with the misses...

Will probably check first few days though to see how flights are operating and assess the situation.

It’s as you said am probably not most at risk but it’s the others, however already didn’t go earlier when I could because of this reason and regret not going then so will go soon now IA

It’s the same thing man though I will have to go to be with the misses...

Will probably check first few days though to see how flights are operating and assess the situation.

It’s as you said am probably not most at risk but it’s the others, however already didn’t go earlier when I could because of this reason and regret not going then so will go soon now IA

Likewise, but are you aware of the sunken cost fallacy?

Likewise, but are you aware of the sunken cost fallacy?

Yea man but khair Ismey bhi Allah ki koi Hikmat hogi.

Best thing to do now I think would be to go and isolate for 2 weeks or so, which would be hard but not as hard as being miles away.

Yea man but khair Ismey bhi Allah ki koi Hikmat hogi.

Best thing to do now I think would be to go and isolate for 2 weeks or so, which would be hard but not as hard as being miles away.

I understand that. Stay safe brother and try to keep sanitizing during your flight. I wore two masks on top of one another as well. It gets suffocating but I guess that was why I did it. Ended up nodding off to sleep and it wasn’t that bad.

I hope you make it in full health iA. I’ll keep you updated on my situation as well.

I understand that. Stay safe brother and try to keep sanitizing during your flight. I wore two masks on top of one another as well. It gets suffocating but I guess that was why I did it. Ended up nodding off to sleep and it wasn’t that bad.

I hope you make it in full health iA. I’ll keep you updated on my situation as well.

IA bro you will find a way to see loved ones in person safe and healthy in person as well IA :)

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] thoughts on playing XI for our next match? :yk

1 cloth mask on top of 1 surgical mask is a good combination. Serves the purpose without suffocating one.
[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] ! keep chewing bubble gum #BenDunk, throughout the journey.Its another way to avoid dryness of mouth and throat. I have been doing it during duty hours for last 3 months (excluding Ramzan).

1 cloth mask on top of 1 surgical mask is a good combination. Serves the purpose without suffocating one.
[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] ! keep chewing bubble gum #BenDunk, throughout the journey.Its another way to avoid dryness of mouth and throat. I have been doing it during duty hours for last 3 months (excluding Ramzan).

Thanks Doc! Looks like flights are opening soon so will probably be flying out soon.

Your tips and duas are needed :salute

Thanks a lot bro!

This is what I do.
Full sleeves and Dont touch MEN ( Mouth, Eyes, Nose)

1 surgical/medical mask which I stretch vertically to cover Nose, Mouth and Chin.
msk-f1.jpg

1 Cloth mask which I apply on top of surgical mask. This gives a soothening effect.
41bGLP+DeHL._AC_SY400_.jpg

After initial vertical stretch , Mask handling by grabbing the strings only. I dont touch front or inside surface of mask

2 pairs of gloves
50-Or-100-Pcs-Disposable-Latex-Gloves-For-Home-Cleaning-Medical-Food-Rubber-Garden-Gloves-Univer.jpg

A pack of polythene gloves. Pack usually has 100 (Here it costs 50-70 Rupees for 1 pack of 100)
I use one pair of polythene gloves on top of Latex gloves. Polythene gloves will mean my latex gloves remain uncontaminated and I can dispose them after handling any material or object.
polythene-gloves-glv-1x100.jpg

Hand sanitizer I use before taking meals during journey.

And obviously follow all the instructions from authorities.

And all along I keep Chewing gum.

Last edited:
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] CA have posted their lineup. They have gone with one boost which means we can win this if we get lucky.

Their ground characteristics are:

Bounce: High
Swing: High
Seam: High
Spin: Low
Deterioration: Low

Think we should go with the same lineup which we had against LC.

I think we should open with tail-enders, then the 85s, normal bats and bowlers.

This is what I do.

1 surgical/medical mask which I stretch vertically to cover Nose, Mouth and Chin.
View attachment 101651

1 Cloth mask which I apply on top of surgical mask. This gives a soothening effect.
View attachment 101652

After initial vertical stretch , Mask handling by grabbing the strings only. I dont touch front or inside surface of mask

2 pairs of gloves
View attachment 101653

A pack of polythene gloves. Pack usually has 100 (Here it costs 50-70 Rupees for 1 pack of 100)
I use one pair of polythene gloves on top of Latex gloves. Polythene gloves will mean my latex gloves remain uncontaminated and I can dispose them after handling any material or object.
View attachment 101654

Appreciate this post brother. May Allah s.w.t. reward you for this! Ameen.

Stay safe doc!

The unsung heroes of our society.

This is what I do.

View attachment 101651

View attachment 101652

2 pairs of gloves
View attachment 101653

View attachment 101654

Thanks a lot doc for the very useful information! Will try to follow this as much as possible! :salute

Just posted the lineup, hope you guys like it.

:salute it’s great! Let’s pray we are able to strike some meaningful partnerships. Sorry I wasn’t able to respond earlier — I would have suggested the same lineup!

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] next match is against Hawks.

Let’s have some fun :yk

Think we should use the same lineup - however I will replace QalandarFan. :ghalib

Me and you going to open the batting. :viru :srt

Followed by the three 85s, regular bats and tailenders.

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] I suggest you all take #FightLikeCorneredTigers out of the thread title and replace it with #SurrenderLikeBheegiBillies :yk [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] I suggest you all take #FightLikeCorneredTigers out of the thread title and replace it with #SurrenderLikeBheegiBillies :yk [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]

:))) Bro they’ll be cornered tigers in LOIs :yk

You’re just salty you didn’t get a chance to beat us full strength :afridi what is it, 3/3? :broad

:ik has a wonderful plan. Just wait and watch.

No, on a serious note bro: we have 6 batsmen and 5 bowlers. Even if we used boosts there was a chance we would lose our matches.

I just hope it gets clear in LOs why we are using this strategy.

:ik has a wonderful plan. Just wait and watch.

No, on a serious note bro: we have 6 batsmen and 5 bowlers. Even if we used boosts there was a chance we would lose our matches.

I just hope it gets clear in LOs why we are using this strategy.

And if the strategy flops, then god bless :)))

Back