PPCL | Cornered Tigers | Team Thread | #FightLikeCorneredTigers

[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] (Double AR boost)
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] (Super Batsman)
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK)
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] (C)
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] (VC)
Wasim Akram

Bowling first is crucial in the previous road games. Chasing becomes easy on flat pitches. Definitely bowl first.

Great to get the W today... well done guys!

Some bold moves were made with changing the strategy and glad to see it pay off... thanks to the skip and his right hand man!

Great to get the W today... well done guys!

Some bold moves were made with changing the strategy and glad to see it pay off... thanks to the skip and his right hand man!

:salute bro!

Great partnership between you and [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] ensured for us to have a wonderful score on the board.

Carry on batting like this! Want to see a century in the next match :viv

Guys you have no idea how much my mood has lifted today. Been a tough week with an exam coming up and also some uncertainty with travel and potentially coming back to Pakistan when flights reopen.

Just want to thank all of you for cultivating an excellent community and a family here at the Tigers. It’s an honor to play with you brilliant folk.

Upwards and onwards.

Guys you have no idea how much my mood has lifted today. Been a tough week with an exam coming up and also some uncertainty with travel and potentially coming back to Pakistan when flights reopen.

Just want to thank all of you for cultivating an excellent community and a family here at the Tigers. It’s an honor to play with you brilliant folk.

Upwards and onwards.

:salute

Bhai - tension nahi leni!

It is my honor to have you as my right-hand!

This is just the beginning... we will come back stronger than ever. :tigers

Much love :heart:,

Mueez

Btw I mistakenly wrote bat first instead of bowl first... I have asked to change as I couldn’t edit as my wifi didn’t work and had to switch to 4G... I hope it gets changed :uak

Thank you skip :salute no worries about the toss call. Hopefully [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] won’t mind to let us update it as you posted a followup post within 3 minutes

Upwards and onwards.

Same here looking at when flights will open :ssmith

Upwards and onwards.

Talking about tense circumstances, 02 Hakeems who work in my shift, plus one from night shift, tested Covid +ve on Thursday. Another one has symptoms but waiting for test result. Also, at least 3 paramedics from my shift have symptoms.Tension he Tension hay bhai her taraf. Khair InshaAllah , exams & Travel sab theek ho ga. Ab to jeet b gay #Tigers

PPCL has been amazing. Otherwise these days would have been more tense.

Talking about tense circumstances, 02 Hakeems who work in my shift, plus one from night shift, tested Covid +ve on Thursday. Another one has symptoms but waiting for test result. Also, at least 3 paramedics from my shift have symptoms.Tension he Tension hay bhai her taraf. Khair InshaAllah , exams & Travel sab theek ho ga. Ab to jeet b gay #Tigers

Ya Allah khair kare, ameen!

Pls stay safe doc. :salute

Absolutely PPCL has made these difficult days a lot more lighter.

Special thanks to everyone who is involved with PPCL.

Stay safe and exercise self care doc. Thank you for serving on the front lines and helping save lives. You’re a genuine inspiration to me and I’m sure many other people here as well.

We will win this war iA. How can we not when we have people like you pouring your heart and soul into it. Have faith and just remember: night is darkest just before the dawn.

Ya Allah khair kare, ameen!

Pls stay safe doc. :salute

Absolutely PPCL has made these difficult days a lot more lighter.

Special thanks to everyone who is involved with PPCL.

Thank You. Yes I have a strenous routine wrt using PPE and following partial intermittent isolation at home when I come back. But I don't live with fears of forward thinking. Jo hona hay wo hona hay, is liyay jab kuch ho ga tab ki tab dekhain gay.
All those long hours at gyms and swimming ought to have helped my body, and more importantly, my mind.

Whatever circunstances everyone is going through, don't live with fear of forward thinking. It compromises your focus, priorities and your skills.

Thank You. Yes I have a strenous routine wrt using PPE and following partial intermittent isolation at home when I come back. But I don't live with fears of forward thinking. Jo hona hay wo hona hay, is liyay jab kuch ho ga tab ki tab dekhain gay.
All those long hours at gyms and swimming ought to have helped my body, and more importantly, my mind.

Whatever circunstances everyone is going through, don't live with fear of forward thinking. It compromises your focus, priorities and your skills.

:salute Amazing outlook on life and the current situation. And you are true hero. May Allah grant you and family health and safety! :)

Bilkul sahi kaha aapne, one can only care! Baaqi Allah pak ki marzi hai... May Allah reward you for your work, ameen! Seriously you guys are the unsung heroes of our society :salute

Thank you skip :salute no worries about the toss call. Hopefully [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] won’t mind to let us update it as you posted a followup post within 3 minutes

Of course bro - you guys laid out a road for us, bhai ho humare - sab kuch maaf :salute

Hope you lose the toss now though :yk

Let’s not use our boosts. If there is one upcoming game i am confident about, it’s this match against loose cannons. Dry track to eliminate their bowling strength and if we use our bats accordingly, we will be in a good position. Let’s not boost anyone. Save for a tighter match.

Regarding batting order. Open with 2 AR then 3 diamond bats at 3,4,5. Toss call: bowl first.

Im just operating on gut so feel free to contradict all of this :))

Last edited:
Opening with AR is a good shout! Need to keep our 85s for the middle over.

Agree with the toss call as well.

What a win Tigers!

Where should I begin?

So many good things to talk about today!

First of all what a knock it was by the legendary [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] :salute

You have been our matchwinner in the last two matches! Clutch player.
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] playing a blinder as usual :dhoni

And let’s not forget [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] hitting the winning six!

I’d like to say thanks to all of you, it is my honor to lead you all. :ik

Also a special s/o to [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] who is the mastermind of our tactics. If it wasn’t for you bhai - I’d be totally alone :salute

Up to the T20’s!

Sir, kya rula dya apnay :ssmith so proud to assist you in whatever way I can. We have been the true cornered tigers story — from bottom of the table, we have thrown the entire tournament wide open.

You have encouraged bold moves and risk taking in a true attacking mindset. Imran Khan would be proud of you.

This means a lot to me bhaijaan!

Abhi toh picture baaki hai mere dost... :inzi

If we’re going with road we should just open with both diamonds followed by the third diamond at 3 and then the regular bats.

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja
Wasim Akram

If we’re going with road we should just open with both diamonds followed by the third diamond at 3 and then the regular bats.

[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja
Wasim Akram
I agree. Need a flying start! Also the high aggression of the 75 bats could be handy at the end.

Let’s win our next match!

InshAllah!

Next time you take me there too :ua

Aarza hogaya party kiye howe Adda pe :ravi

Done bro :ua we’ll double bluff our way into getting them to use all their chips and walk away bankrupting them for future games

If you catch my drift :afridi

Done bro :ua we’ll double bluff our way into getting them to use all their chips and walk away bankrupting them for future games

If you catch my drift :afridi

Theek :))) I’m waiting... should we bring Karan Aujla with us as well as a present for LH :afridi

Great win Tigers!

That’s what you call a comeback!

Keep on going like this :ik

Our MVP of the day - the whole team :))

Wonderful knock by [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] - he’s been in great touch lately!
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]’s bowling very handy as usual :akhtar

And the man himself [MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION] playing a brilliant cameo to bring us home!

On to the next match! Let’s keep this going Tigers

Our next match is an away game at the Sheeda Oval - beneath are the ground characteristics:

Bounce - High
Seam - Average
Swing - High
Spin - Low
Deterioration - Low

So what I was thinking to do is replace Jadeja and [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] for [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] and Jacques Kallis or what we can do is to opt for a genuine pacer like [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]... personally I find this option better as it strengthens our bowling.

I suggest to open with an allrounder and a 75 bat - so that we shield our 85s of the opening spell of the pacers as it is on a spicy pitch.

Jacques Kallis
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]
[MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
Wasim Akram

Toss call: Bowl First

Any idea about to use the boost? It is an away game so 5 points are there to be won [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Crazy idea but what if we drop you for street smart? I think he will perform better than you

Extra batting depth as well.

Regarding the boost: we will get lots of value by boosting a batsman. They have buried their best bats lower in the order, so they won’t get much game time.

We don’t want to boost a bowler who will take more wicket upfront.

Therefore, the ideal candidate is either a pure batsman stationed at number 3 or a Bat AR (Jacques Kallis, he won’t take wickets but he will be economical — and we don’t want him to take wickets)

Crazy idea but what if we drop you for street smart? I think he will perform better than you

Extra batting depth as well.
That’s not a bad shout - need some rest too :)))
Regarding the boost: we will get lots of value by boosting a batsman. They have buried their best bats lower in the order, so they won’t get much game time.

We don’t want to boost a bowler who will take more wicket upfront.

Therefore, the ideal candidate is either a pure batsman stationed at number 3 or a Bat AR (Jacques Kallis, he won’t take wickets but he will be economical — and we don’t want him to take wickets)

Yes I see what you mean. Containing > taking wickets.

Let’s try this out bro!

So you would like to use a boost for a bat? [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Honestly not sure. Let’s boost Kallis as it gives us an extra diamond bat (they don’t have any super bowlers so this is good enough) and also gives us 4 overs worth of less expensive bowling (if he goes for 7 runs per over instead of 11, we will save 16 runs which is a huge amount).

Honestly not sure. Let’s boost Kallis as it gives us an extra diamond bat (they don’t have any super bowlers so this is good enough) and also gives us 4 overs worth of less expensive bowling (if he goes for 7 runs per over instead of 11, we will save 16 runs which is a huge amount).

Hmm yeah sure, will boost Kallis then :kallis

Btw was analyzing the performances of [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] who is also an 85 skill rated spinner and he has been absolutely massacred at the Sheeda Oval, so it’s better if I sit out the game.

Hmm yeah sure, will boost Kallis then :kallis

Btw was analyzing the performances of [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] who is also an 85 skill rated spinner and he has been absolutely massacred at the Sheeda Oval, so it’s better if I sit out the game.

Sounds good :salute they will regret playing him in this match

Sounds good :salute they will regret playing him in this match

Can’t wait to see you captaining on the field :ik

Going to make [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] VC for one match.

It will be a learning curve for him :salute

Can’t wait to see you captaining on the field :ik

Going to make [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] VC for one match.

It will be a learning curve for him :salute

[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] tayyar ho? :wasim

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] last night at the adda

DefiniteLoneJapanesebeetle-size_restricted.gif

Can't believe how much Kallis flopped today.
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] would have bowled and batted better even without the boost!

Can't believe how much Kallis flopped today.
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] would have bowled and batted better even without the boost!

Lmao true :))

Anyways we move to the next one :)

Next game is a home game against CA - thinking to give them a batting-friendly pitch as their batting is a bit weak without boosts.

Lmao true :))

Anyways we move to the next one :)

Next game is a home game against CA - thinking to give them a batting-friendly pitch as their batting is a bit weak without boosts.

What’s their lineup look like?

What’s their lineup look like?

Diamond:
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] - Bowler (LFM, LB)
[MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] - Bowler (RF, RB)
[MENTION=151817]Batsman e Azam[/MENTION] - Batsman (RB, RM)
[MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION] - WK-Batsman (LB, LM)

2 diamond bowlers and 2 bats. What do you think?

Think they will use 2 boosts as it is their away game, so they might boost 2 bats if we give them road.

Back