PPCL | Cornered Tigers | Team Thread | #FightLikeCorneredTigers

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] brother what about one of me or you opening the batting :)) as I think [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] is quite essential for our team and he has been losing his wicket cheaply whilst opening the batting and this also means we bat deep, which ensures we don’t lose close matches :afridi

Also thinking about swapping sweep_shot’s position with Gujjar bhai.

The batting order could be something like this:
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] (VC)
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION]
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja (Double A/R Boost)
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] (Super Batsman)
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK)
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION]
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] (C)

Let me know your opinion on this.

#3-7 , that's a nightmare for bowlers. I think Cannons so far haven't faced such a strong middle order. That's going to be a big challenge for us.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] brother what about one of me or you opening the batting :)) as I think [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] is quite essential for our team and he has been losing his wicket cheaply whilst opening the batting and this also means we bat deep, which ensures we don’t lose close matches :afridi

Also thinking about swapping sweep_shot’s position with Gujjar bhai.

The batting order could be something like this:

Ravindra Jadeja (Double A/R Boost)
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] (Super Batsman)
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK)

Let me know your opinion on this.

Hahhaha it depends on if new ball is different from old ball in the sim. I don’t think it is? Not sure though

Hahhaha it depends on if new ball is different from old ball in the sim. I don’t think it is? Not sure though

I think it does with the placement and aggression level.

You might have seen that in the last couple of matches Manager102 got out early although he had a 85 skill level batting.

So that’s why I’m thinking to try this out :))

#3-7 , that's a nightmare for bowlers. I think Cannons so far haven't faced such a strong middle order. That's going to be a big challenge for us.

All the best bro!

You guys have a pretty strong squad, this should be a good one!

All the best bro!

You guys have a pretty strong squad, this should be a good one!

Without a doubt best team in the tournament so far. Will be very hard to beat you guys [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION].

Eid Mubarak bhaiyon :usman [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] skip what are your thoughts on ODI and T20s? Which to use boosts on?

:))

We have 15 boosts available for ODI’s and T20s.

That means 10 matches - 5 ODI and 5 T20 matches.

What do you think about 5 boosts for ODIs and 10 boosts for T20s?

Not a bad idea. Can definitely work. :afridi

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] what type of pitch should we choose bro?

Tigers, heads up!

I know we have been very unlucky with the tied games.

However that shows how strong we are as a team.

We need to get our act together and move on to the next LO matches.

Let’s bounce back hard.

Let’s come back stronger than ever.

Your Kaptaan :ik

Agreed [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]

Clean slate for the LO games

Let's start off strong!

Playing XI

[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK) (Super Batsman)
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja (Super AR boost)

Toss call: Tails, Bat First

#FightLikeCorneredTigers

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] thoughts on this for our first OD?

Playing XI

[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK) (Super Batsman)
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja (Super AR boost)

Toss call: Tails, Bat First

#FightLikeCorneredTigers

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] thoughts on this for our first OD?

Lol totally forgot we need 5 bowlers :))

Let’s play a fast bowling AR instead of invincible Gujjar.

Btw sorry about missing your question about pitch type, was asleep :afridi

Let’s play a fast bowling AR instead of invincible Gujjar.

Btw sorry about missing your question about pitch type, was asleep :afridi

No problem bhai :salute

Yeah let’s play Kallis instead of Gujjar bhai and we could boost him if we want, what do you think?

Last edited:
No problem bhai :salute

Yeah let’s play Kallis instead of Gujjar bhai and we could boost him if we want, what do you think?

Or [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] - for the variety in our bowling :afridi

He is a leftie.

Let’s do Street Smart. And use our 3 boosts on the 3 all rounders, I think.

This will improve quality of 30 overs of bowling. And give us 3 extra bats. What do you feel?

Let’s do Street Smart. And use our 3 boosts on the 3 all rounders, I think.

This will improve quality of 30 overs of bowling. And give us 3 extra bats. What do you feel?

Yes I like it! It will make our bowling stronger and the batting a bit deep...

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] don’t you think we should have one 95 bat who could take the game away from the opposition...?

We know sweep_shot performs without a boost :))

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] don’t you think we should have one 95 bat who could take the game away from the opposition...?

We know sweep_shot performs without a boost :))

It’s possible but then we are leaving 10 overs to a 65/75 bowler. It was okay in first class because if you look at the previous game, you only made sweep shot bowl 2.4 overs in the entirety of the second innings :)) so we depended on 3 bowlers (me you jadeja)

A small present 🎁 for you guys
picsart-05-27-09-12-58.jpg

Last edited:
It’s possible but then we are leaving 10 overs to a 65/75 bowler. It was okay in first class because if you look at the previous game, you only made sweep shot bowl 2.4 overs in the entirety of the second innings :)) so we depended on 3 bowlers (me you jadeja)

Yeah I see. Okay bro then let’s go with the AR boosts then :steyn

Yaar iss mein kya baat hai :inzi

What a wonderful logo and name!

I’d like to have this as our official logo and name :))

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] bhai [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] bhai is this possible :butt

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] pitch type konsi choose karein for our next match?

Stick with spicy imo. It’s been working well for us. Same boost distribution. What do you think.

Was thinking the same... why change a (winning :afridi) combination

To be honest, I was thinking devilish actually. Because even in this current match, our all rounders are not coming into play. Might be risky... do you think it’s worth a try?

To be honest, I was thinking devilish actually. Because even in this current match, our all rounders are not coming into play. Might be risky... do you think it’s worth a try?

Should be a good one :)) worth a try imo.

Should be a good one :)) worth a try imo.

Thing is, it might backfire if our all rounders all get bundled out cheaply as if they were bowlers.

So how about this:
-devilish pitch
-super boost 3 batsmen (CadPakFan, ahmadharis1, ibrahim)

(All rounders will bowl well in any case because of the pitch type so no need to boost them)

Thing is, it might backfire if our all rounders all get bundled out cheaply as if they were bowlers.

So how about this:
-devilish pitch
-super boost 3 batsmen (CadPakFan, ahmadharis1, ibrahim)

(All rounders will bowl well in any case because of the pitch type so no need to boost them)

That’s a great idea! We should try it :ik

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] I think we should bowl first in the next match. Your thoughts?

The point of all of this is having fun, right? Let’s create some chaos :afridi

And yes let’s bowl first :salute

Yeah man - just here for the laughs :afridi

Would be happy if we win a trophy but the fun is more important in these difficult times :asif

Agreed :)) to be honest I’m more happy we tied than won those last few matches as I laughed for 10 minutes on end with that last tie :)))

This was me after yesterday’s loss against Cerebral Assassins... :))

By the way those reports of me stepping down were false. I want to carry on leading the Tigers and will do my best to lead us to victory. :salute

This was me after yesterday’s loss against Cerebral Assassins... :))

By the way those reports of me stepping down were false. I want to carry on leading the Tigers and will do my best to lead us to victory. :salute

This is me everyday :afaq

Yaar kitni dafa kena parein ga: I hate to say it... - tough luck boys.

We have been very unlucky.

Our next match is against Loose Cannons.

These are the ground characteristics of their ground:

Bounce : High
Swing : High
Seam : Avg
Spin : Avg
Deterioration : Low
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] thinking to unleash Wasim and give you a boost. Also thinking to drop [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] for Kallis and Jadeja for [MENTION=141804]QalandarFan[/MENTION].

Tell me what you think about it.

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai let’s put one or two of the bowlers in to open the innings and waste the new ball against the oppositions best bowlers.

Aside from that, feel free to go with whatever pitch you think is most suitable. I think we have put ourselves in a corner strategy wise since we didn’t expect the AR strategy to backfire so much. So maybe not road.

Baaki, we are supporting you and proud to serve under your inspiring leadership. We will make a comeback iA

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai let’s put one or two of the bowlers in to open the innings and waste the new ball against the oppositions best bowlers.

Aside from that, feel free to go with whatever pitch you think is most suitable. I think we have put ourselves in a corner strategy wise since we didn’t expect the AR strategy to backfire so much. So maybe not road.

Baaki, we are supporting you and proud to serve under your inspiring leadership. We will make a comeback iA

Just wanted to echo the last paragraph and say we are grateful for your leadership. We are all in this together and only we, as a team, can turn it around now.

Time to roll the sleeves up.

Never back down!

First of all - I’m extremely sorry for the losses and tied matches. I know we have been very unlucky and I take full responsibility of the losses :ssmith

I’m grateful for the support which you guys have given to me and special shout-out to all the active posters and especially to [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] :salute

I think we need a complete overhaul.

So these are the things which I was thinking about:

- For our LO home matches we could go with spicy/dry pitches. Double boost one spin-AR and boost a proper batsman. We will replace an all-rounder with a proper spinner during mid-season break.

- Opening the batting with tailenders as [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] suggested.

So the batting lineup could look like this:

Bowler
Bowler
85 skill rating
95 skill rating
95 skill rating
85 skill rating
85 skill rating
75 skill rating
65/55 skill rating
Bowler
Bowler

Or the second option: we don’t use any boosts in OD format and use the remaining 7 boosts for the T20s as other teams won’t have that much boosts left for the T20s and we could apply the boosts to our batsmen?

Let me know your thoughts on this.

I know we are in a bit of turmoil as a team. But one thing is guaranteed if we want to bounce back - we have to play as a team!

As our head coach Imran Khan :ik says:

“It is not the defeat that destroys you; it is being demoralized by the defeat that destroys you.”

I’d like to know your input and thoughts about the upcoming matches and the strategy. Let’s do this.

#FightLikeCorneredTigers

I think we should ditch first class since only the top 1 team wins (which is almost impossible for us to achieve now), and focus on ODI and T20 to sneak into the semi finals. It’s best to cut our losses quickly and focus on the formats that we can actually win.

This can be achieved if we use 3 boosts on ODI and 3 on T20 after midseason break.

Before midseason break, it’s as follows: we have 7 boosts remaining across 2 ODI and 5 T20 games.

If we split up the boosts 1/1 and 1/1/1/1/1, we would waste all 7 boosts and probably lose all the games. If we split 0/0 and 2/2/1/1/1 we would not achieve much of an advantage and have guaranteed losses in ODI. Therefore, we need to pick and choose which games are important to us.

We are currently in a more precarious situation in ODI — in T20, we can still afford to lose one or two games. Therefore, our “need” to sneak into the semifinals in ODI is much higher. We must win all remaining games and hope for some results to go our way :)yawn).

So let’s change the boost distribution as follows:

3/3 and 0/0/1/0/0.

Max chances of a comeback in ODI without sacrificing T20 too much.

Don’t worry about T20: other teams will only be using 1 boost on average, therefore we are not at much of a disadvantage. We will also have whitewashes after midseason break as we will be using 3 boosts per match which other teams will not be.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I think we should ditch first class since only the top 1 team wins (which is almost impossible for us to achieve now), and focus on ODI and T20 to sneak into the semi finals. It’s best to cut our losses quickly and focus on the formats that we can actually win.

This can be achieved if we use 3 boosts on ODI and 3 on T20 after midseason break.

Before midseason break, it’s as follows: we have 7 boosts remaining across 2 ODI and 5 T20 games.

If we split up the boosts 1/1 and 1/1/1/1/1, we would waste all 7 boosts and probably lose all the games. If we split 0/0 and 2/2/1/1/1 we would not achieve much of an advantage and have guaranteed losses in ODI. Therefore, we need to pick and choose which games are important to us.

We are currently in a more precarious situation in ODI — in T20, we can still afford to lose one or two games. Therefore, our “need” to sneak into the semifinals in ODI is much higher. We must win all remaining games and hope for some results to go our way :)yawn).

So let’s change the boost distribution as follows:

3/3 and 0/0/1/0/0.

Max chances of a comeback in ODI without sacrificing T20 too much.

Don’t worry about T20: other teams will only be using 1 boost on average, therefore we are not at much of a disadvantage. We will also have whitewashes after midseason break as we will be using 3 boosts per match which other teams will not be.

What do you think?
Yes I agree with you. Becoming FC champion is a bit impossible so we should focus on T20’s and OD’s.

I agree with your boost distribution - let’s do that!

Appreciate the input bro. :afridi

Mubarak ho meray bhaiyyon! Under the stunning leadership of our skip [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] we have revived our inner Tigers. Sir astounding captaincy!

Not to forget unforgettable performances all round from our squad, crucial runs from the entire team and a stunning last over from sweep_shot with a four for to cap it off.

Mubarak ho meray bhaiyyon! Under the stunning leadership of our skip [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] we have revived our inner Tigers. Sir astounding captaincy!

Not to forget unforgettable performances all round from our squad, crucial runs from the entire team and a stunning last over from sweep_shot with a four for to cap it off.

:salute

Your invaluable presence on the pitch ensured that I didn’t make any unnecessary mistakes!

Enjoyed our batting partnership at the top!

To the rest of the team: well played Champs :ik

Great win and we have to carry on now!

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai let’s give them a road. Maza aye ga. :afridi

Double AR boost and single batsman boost. Dono ke saath open kartay hain followed by all 3 diamonds

Back