PPCL | Cornered Tigers | Team Thread | #FightLikeCorneredTigers

Definitely, what do you think about the tradeoff. Maybe we can use Jacques Kallis and StreetSmart as well

Yeah, we could play Jacques Kallis or StreetSmart against LC, LH and PB as they will definitely go heavy loaded with pacers when we play away.

It will also strengthen our batting a little bit.

In our home matches everyone could play, however we could go for the 3-1 spin attack in the Test format and then either choose for Jacques or StreetSmart.

A lot of possibilities and we will have to see how the pitches turn out...

:ik

Definitely! Love the strategy. Skip what are your thoughts on giving [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] vice captaincy for the T20s. He has been quite active and is our star performer. Would be fun to reward our active players.

I would be happy to step down and serve as mentor for the T20 format. The leadership experience will also help him become a true Manager and we will have a succession plan in place :afridi

Definitely! Love the strategy. Skip what are your thoughts on giving [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] vice captaincy for the T20s. He has been quite active and is our star performer. Would be fun to reward our active players.

I would be happy to step down and serve as mentor for the T20 format. The leadership experience will also help him become a true Manager and we will have a succession plan in place :afridi

:salute

First of all - I like how you are thinking about the future :afridi

I’m absolutely fine with it and how about you being the captain of CT in T20s?

Would like to reward you for the hardwork you have been doing for all of us :tigers

Let me know if you are up for it!

I’d like to let you guys know that our sponsor J. by the late Junaid Jamshed has offered us to come and do an advertisement for their Eid collection of “shalwaar kameez”.

:afridi

So are we going to do it? :))

Feel free to contact [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and me if you all are interested!

I’d like to let you guys know that our sponsor J. by the late Junaid Jamshed has offered us to come and do an advertisement for their Eid collection of “shalwaar kameez”.

:afridi

So are we going to do it? :))

Feel free to contact [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] and me if you all are interested!

As per the teachings of the Academy, this is a core competency required by any leading player and would be eager to participate!

Appreciate the shoutout and the thought, but I would have to respectfully decline.

Focussing on performances first and foremost, can reconsider if the offer is still there after the first season to see if it is warranted.

(Read, not sure if I can provide the time commitments in the future so don't want to sign up for anything and dissapoint!)

Appreciate the shoutout and the thought, but I would have to respectfully decline.

Focussing on performances first and foremost, can reconsider if the offer is still there after the first season to see if it is warranted.

(Read, not sure if I can provide the time commitments in the future so don't want to sign up for anything and dissapoint!)

I respect your decision.

You are a champion player, Manager.

I see you making it big in your career.

No worries buddy [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]. Focus on your performances and the world will see a star in the making.
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai I’ve been looking for a good shirwani as well can J. assist with this? :inzi2

No worries buddy [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]. Focus on your performances and the world will see a star in the making.

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai I’ve been looking for a good shirwani as well can J. assist with this? :inzi2

Of course! Workers of J. are on their way to figure out your size, so stay at home :))

Waisey yeh shirwani chahiye kyun? :afridi

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] guys just wanted to leave a gift for your head coach :salute

22.1 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to Watsupdoc, 0, 143.01kph, Watsupdoc plays a punchy on-drive. Not in the gap
22.2 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 143.05kph, I Khan hurls this through. Short length outside off stump. [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] plays an extravagant on-drive. Glorious timing. No chance for the fielder in the deep. Four more
And that's the 50 run partnership! Excellent batting from this pair.
22.3 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 145.90kph, I Khan is working up a good head of steam here. Not quite where [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] intended it to go
22.4 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 145.91kph, I Khan hurls this through and he finds a hint of swing from an off stump line. That went to the boundary in a flash
Three in a row! This is some quality batting from Watsupdoc.
22.5 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 142.51kph, Excellent timing from [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] as he plays a cut. Very classy from [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] - no stopping this one
Make that four! Absolutely. Magnificent.
22.6 Imran Khan to Watsupdoc, 1, 145.52kph, I Khan hits a short length outside off. Watsupdoc plays it gently through the leg side. One more to the total

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] guys just wanted to leave a gift for your head coach :salute

22.1 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to Watsupdoc, 0, 143.01kph, Watsupdoc plays a punchy on-drive. Not in the gap
22.2 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 143.05kph, I Khan hurls this through. Short length outside off stump. [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] plays an extravagant on-drive. Glorious timing. No chance for the fielder in the deep. Four more
22.3 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 145.90kph, I Khan is working up a good head of steam here. Not quite where [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] intended it to go
22.4 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 145.91kph, I Khan hurls this through and he finds a hint of swing from an off stump line. That went to the boundary in a flash
22.5 [MENTION=26513]IMRAN KHAN[/MENTION] to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], 4, 142.51kph, Excellent timing from [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] as he plays a cut. Very classy from [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] - no stopping this one
22.6 Imran Khan to Watsupdoc, 1, 145.52kph, I Khan hits a short length outside off. Watsupdoc plays it gently through the leg side. One more to the total

We have instructed him to underperform. We can’t have a conflict of interest :salute

Kaptaan has told us your weaknesses.

So be aware, be very aware :ik

He has analyzed his mistakes.

First match against MisU. They will only be playing one AR (Bat AR) and this means they don’t have as much batting depth as us. However, they have 4 diamond batsmen.

In addition, they will be playing 2 regular spinners and 1 Bat AR spinner.

I want to go for a spicy or unplayable pitch to bring our AR’s into play. What do you think [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]

Preliminary:
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION],
# Jadeja, DOUBLE BOOST
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION],
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION],
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION], BOOST
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION],
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION],
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION], (WK)
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION],
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION],

Last edited:
[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] bhai thanks for managing everything and being so prompt about questions. I was wondering, you mentioned earlier about batting position placement. Does higher placement improve a 95 batsman just as much as it improves a 75 batsman or is there a cap at 100?

First match against MisU. They will only be playing one AR (Bat AR) and this means they don’t have as much batting depth as us. However, they have 4 diamond batsmen.

In addition, they will be playing 2 regular spinners and 1 Bat AR spinner.

I want to go for a spicy or unplayable pitch to bring our AR’s into play. What do you think [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]

Let’s go with a spicy track... what do you think?

Preliminary:
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION],
# Jadeja, DOUBLE BOOST
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION],
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION],
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION], BOOST
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION],
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION],
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION], (WK)
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION],
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION],

Approved.

Shouldn’t we change the batting lineup?

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION]
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja. DOUBLE BOOST
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] BOOST
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

What do you all think?

Last edited:
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bhai, where do we apply the boosts? Any specific site where we have to choose or do we have to tell [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bhai, where do we apply the boosts? Any specific site where we have to choose or do we have to tell [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

I think you post your line up like this :

>Playing XI

> Toss Call

> Boosts ( Mention as many as you want to give, 1 or 2 or 3) then mention players
eg, Double boost for Player X, Single Boost for Player Y
or Single boost for player X, Y, Z

I think you post your line up like this :

>Playing XI

> Toss Call

> Boosts ( Mention as many as you want to give, 1 or 2 or 3) then mention players
eg, Double boost for Player X, Single Boost for Player Y
or Single boost for player X, Y, Z

Thanks bro.

Approved.

What do you all think?

Jadeja is our best batsman and sweep shop is equivalent to a diamond bat. According to jeetu there is a placement bonus, so the higher up someone is, the better bonus they get. This is why I asked jeetu earlier if there’s a cap on batting ability (e.g 95 –> 100 vs 75 —> 100 it’s better to place the 75 batsman higher, but if there’s no cap it would be e.g 95 —> 120 vs 75 —> 100, so strategy changes)

Not sure how the sim works in this regard. It’s also why I have put ahmadharis and ibrahim lower as I would rather give the placement bonus to the diamond bat, and those 2 can strengthen the middle order)

Sorry I know I’m being complicated :))) do you kinda see why I made the lineup the way I sent earlier? Hopefully when jeetu responds we can get clarity

In any case, Jadeja should definitely be in the top 5 and sweep shot in the top 6

Jadeja is our best batsman and sweep shop is equivalent to a diamond bat. According to jeetu there is a placement bonus, so the higher up someone is, the better bonus they get. This is why I asked jeetu earlier if there’s a cap on batting ability (e.g 95 –> 100 vs 75 —> 100 it’s better to place the 75 batsman higher, but if there’s no cap it would be e.g 95 —> 120 vs 75 —> 100, so strategy changes)

Not sure how the sim works in this regard. It’s also why I have put ahmadharis and ibrahim lower as I would rather give the placement bonus to the diamond bat, and those 2 can strengthen the middle order)

Sorry I know I’m being complicated :))) do you kinda see why I made the lineup the way I sent earlier? Hopefully when jeetu responds we can get clarity

Oh bhai placement means placement in gaps not placement in batting order :danish

Otherwise everyone would open with highest skill openers :))

Just saw all five FC games pre mid season break are home matches... need to capitalize before the tough away legs in the second half.

Oh now I get it.

Let’s wait till [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] responds and then we discuss again the lineup.

Oh now I get it.

Let’s wait till [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] responds and then we discuss again the lineup.

There are many more attributes like aggression of Bats and Bowlers, accuracy of bowlers etc etc. I think we don't need to go in finer details.
Remember one thing... Constants depends upon variables.

75% Placement skills or 85 % Batting skills or 95% bowling skills are constant but it still depends upon variables like pitch types, opposition Bowlers and Batsmen.

There is a reason why [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] hasn't included these finer details in data base.

There are many more attributes like aggression of Bats and Bowlers, accuracy of bowlers etc etc. I think we don't need to go in finer details.
Remember one thing... Constants depends upon variables.

75% Placement skills or 85 % Batting skills or 95% bowling skills are constant but it still depends upon variables like pitch types, opposition Bowlers and Batsmen.

There is a reason why [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] hasn't included these finer details in data base.

Hmm this seems interesting. Thanks for letting us know bro.

Appreciate it. :afridi

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bhai, I’ve chosen for a spicy track.

As devilish was a big risk as MU have many pacers... and we don’t know yet how our players will perform on a devilish pitch.

First Class Championship - Round 1
Cornered Tigers v Misbah United CC

First Class Championship - Round 2
Cornered Tigers v The Pindi Boyz

First Class Championship - Round 3
Cornered Tigers v Lightning Hawks CC

First Class Championship - Round 4
Cornered Tigers v Cerebral Assassins

First Class Championship - Round 5
Cornered Tigers vs Loose Cannons CC

One-Day Competition - Round 1

One-Day Competition - Round 2

One-Day Competition - Round 3
Loose Cannons CC v Cornered Tigers

One-Day Competition - Round 4

One-Day Competition - Round 5

Twenty20 Cup - Round 1
Cornered Tigers v Loose Cannons CC

Twenty20 Cup - Round 2
The Pindi Boyz v Cornered Tigers

Twenty20 Cup - Round 3

Twenty20 Cup - Round 4
Lightning Hawks CC v Cornered Tigers

Twenty20 Cup - Round 5

Our fixtures till mid-season.

Boys, I want you all to fight. Fight for the win. I’m sure when you will do your best, you won’t be sad if we don’t end up winning because we will know we did our best.

If we want to win the whole tournament... we want to play as one team. One family.

Because we are one.

#FightLikeCorneredTigers

:tigers

First Class Championship - Round 1

First Class Championship - Round 2

First Class Championship - Round 3

First Class Championship - Round 4

First Class Championship - Round 5
Cornered Tigers vs Loose Cannons CC

One-Day Competition - Round 1

One-Day Competition - Round 2

One-Day Competition - Round 3
Loose Cannons CC v Cornered Tigers

One-Day Competition - Round 4

One-Day Competition - Round 5

Twenty20 Cup - Round 1
Cornered Tigers v Loose Cannons CC

Twenty20 Cup - Round 2
The Pindi Boyz v Cornered Tigers

Twenty20 Cup - Round 3

Twenty20 Cup - Round 4
Lightning Hawks CC v Cornered Tigers

Twenty20 Cup - Round 5

Our fixtures till mid-season.

Boys, I want you all to fight. Fight for the win. I’m sure when you will do your best, you won’t be sad if we don’t end up winning because we will know we did our best.

If we want to win the whole tournament... we want to play as one team. One family.

Because we are one.

#FightLikeCorneredTigers

:tigers

Yes sir!

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bhai, I’ve chosen for a spicy track.

As devilish was a big risk as MU have many pacers... and we don’t know yet how our players will perform on a devilish pitch.

Sounds good! I was leaning towards spicy also. Though I doubt they will play pacers as we are a graveyard for them :salute

We can still change if we want.

Still enough time bro.

I believe the pitch variation you can only announce once if I remember correctly from last season, just to keep in mind for the future. Mods can correct me on this.

That being said, spicy is fantastic and suits our combination.

I believe the pitch variation you can only announce once if I remember correctly from last season, just to keep in mind for the future. Mods can correct me on this.

That being said, spicy is fantastic and suits our combination.

Okay... noted for the next time.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bro...

What’s your take on the toss call?

Should we bat or bowl first?

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bro...

What’s your take on the toss call?

Should we bat or bowl first?

Not sure how the sim takes into account deterioration and 4th innings etc. Let’s play safe and bat first?

What do you mean by gaps

As in the higher the placement points the higher they are likely to hit the ball in gaps (I.e. more scoring ability and less likely to get out)

Here the placement ability for all bats are the same though so it’s really all about the skill.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] toss ka scene same hai as PPCL or the home team gets to decide directly whether to bat or bowl first?

As in the higher the placement points the higher they are likely to hit the ball in gaps (I.e. more scoring ability and less likely to get out)

Here the placement ability for all bats are the same though so it’s really all about the skill.

Oh they’re all the same? So only difference is skill and aggression?

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] toss ka scene same hai as PPCL or the home team gets to decide directly whether to bat or bowl first?

We both have toss calls — there will be a coin flip before Batman posts the match

Oh now I get it.

Placement is not the only factor in play , there is also aggression. Placement/strength mainly plays important role in scoring rate.

Oh they’re all the same? So only difference is skill and aggression?

No , placement and strength scale up with skill. Higher skilled batsman will have higher strength and placement. Aggression i scale down with higher skilled batsman.

No , placement and strength scale up with skill. Higher skilled batsman will have higher strength and placement. Aggression i scale down with higher skilled batsman.

Ah I see so what’s the placement/strength level for 95 skilled bat vs 85 skilled bat?

Oh now I get it.

For batting sim uses many skills finer details.
1.Long Format Mod
2. Short Format Mod
They directly affect skill depending on Tests and ODI/T20 respectively
Rest are self explentary
3. Pace mod
4. Spin Mod
5. Swing/Seam Mod
6. Placement
7. Agreession
9. Strength
10. Position
11. Running Speed
12. Backfoot Mod
13. Front Foot Mod
14. Off Line Mod
15. On Line Mod

For batting sim uses many skills finer details.
1.Long Format Mod
2. Short Format Mod
They directly affect skill depending on Tests and ODI/T20 respectively
Rest are self explentary
3. Pace mod
4. Spin Mod
5. Swing/Seam Mod
6. Placement
7. Agreession
9. Strength
10. Position
11. Running Speed
12. Backfoot Mod
13. Front Foot Mod
14. Off Line Mod
15. On Line Mod

Yes thanks for the information!

Boost list
1. Super Batsman (95 bat skill)
2. Super Bowler (95 bowl skill)
3. Super AR boost (+20 bat skill and + 20 bowl skill) .
4. Double AR boost (95 bat and 95 bowl skill).
Note - Double AR boost will count as 2 boosts.

Copied. Just for extra information. :afridi

Thanks [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] bhai :salute Between two different 85 batsmen, is it possible for one to be better than the other or does the sim average it out (good at on side but bad on off side for example)

Thanks [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] bhai :salute Between two different 85 batsmen, is it possible for one to be better than the other or does the sim average it out (good at on side but bad on off side for example)

For sim both are equal , but their performance will also be dependent on the bowler's quality they are facing. Sim plays on strictly ball by ball basis. Think more like a rpg game in combat. Its like for every ball dice is rolled, where higher skilled players are favored because they have higher base count than lower skilled player. There are other factors in play for every ball especially pitch condition.

For sim both are equal , but their performance will also be dependent on the bowler's quality they are facing. Sim plays on strictly ball by ball basis. Think more like a rpg game in combat. Its like for every ball dice is rolled, where higher skilled players are favored because they have higher base count than lower skilled player. There are other factors in play for every ball especially pitch condition.

Okay that makes sense. So basically two different 85 batsmen clones of each other (so same base stats across all hidden categories, same aggression, same running ability etc) and the actual difference in ability is purely based on the dice rolled on the ball to ball basis.

Thanks for clarifying. Previously, I thought that some batsmen were good against pace and bad against spin and so on an so forth. Like 90/80 pace/spin averages to 85 and same goes for 80/90 pace/spin. But seems like all batsmen are the same for the same skill level.

Okay that makes sense. So basically two different 85 batsmen clones of each other (so same base stats across all hidden categories, same aggression, same running ability etc) and the actual difference in ability is purely based on the dice rolled on the ball to ball basis.

Thanks for clarifying. Previously, I thought that some batsmen were good against pace and bad against spin and so on an so forth. Like 90/80 pace/spin averages to 85 and same goes for 80/90 pace/spin. But seems like all batsmen are the same for the same skill level.
In Sim's database all 85 skilled batsman are equal in every way. What you are saying could have be a factor had i given different values of pace and spin mod.

Approved.

What do you all think?

Right so [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] skip I’m thinking in this case jadeja and sweep shot will run out of batting partners and they can spend double time at the crease by coming in early. Also looking at right left combination. That’s why I would go for something like this:

Right so [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] skip I’m thinking in this case jadeja and sweep shot will run out of batting partners and they can spend double time at the crease by coming in early. Also looking at right left combination. That’s why I would go for something like this:

Completely agree with it. I’m gonna post it in the match thread!

Let’s do this! :steyn

Love it, have always preferred opening :anwar

[MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION] can you update the first post in this thread? Incincible Gujjar is a regular right handed batsman now

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] broski, when do you think our match will begin?

Probably tomorrow right?

Same... anticipation got too much for me.

Couldn't help myself with some good old fashioned trolling :shh

Back