PPCL | Cornered Tigers | Team Thread | #FightLikeCorneredTigers

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Your thoughts on the pitch selection for the match against PB?

I was thinking about dry or spicy...

Your thoughts on the pitch selection for the match against PB?

I was thinking about dry or spicy...

I’m thinking maybe dry. Spicy seems to make things a little unpredictable for first class

I’m thinking maybe dry. Spicy seems to make things a little unpredictable for first class

Indeed. Having watched our match against MU, I feel spicy is offering something for the pacers.

So we could go for dry or flat? What do you think about flat?

Need to put our money where our mouth is and come fighting like Cornered Tigers today..

Need to put our money where our mouth is and come fighting like Cornered Tigers today..

That’s the spirit!

Let’s show what we are capable of!

Let’s do this together.

#FightLikeCorneredTigers

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] bhai let’s see how pitch behaves then submit the pitch variation for the next match

Tough luck boys...

But I’m proud how we bounced back.
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] could you pls post the pitch type?

Let’s go with dry or spicy again.

What do you think?

Tough luck boys...

But I’m proud how we bounced back.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] could you pls post the pitch type?

Let’s go with dry or spicy again.

What do you think?

Oh no need of that. The deadline is in 30 mins.

I’m choosing dry. Spicy is dangerous with pacers.

Tough one today, but a lot of promising signs. Looking forward to bouncing back in style!

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] how about we go with the same playing XI.

However we shouldn’t open the batting with Jadeja.

Let me know your opinion.

Preliminary:
[MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]
[MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]
Ravindra Jadeja (Super A/R Boost)
[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] (Super A/R Boost)
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION]
[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK)
[MENTION=147605]Invincible Gujjar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION]

Also thinking about whether to give a double boost to Jadeja or a single one - so that we could boost one extra player.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] how about we go with the same playing XI.

However we shouldn’t open the batting with Jadeja.

Let me know your opinion.

Preliminary:
[MENTION=149016]Ibrahim.Imran[/MENTION]
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK)

Also thinking about whether to give a double boost to Jadeja or a single one - so that we could boost one extra player.

I was wondering, is it allowed to play just 3 bowlers? :)) i havent read anything against this

I was wondering, is it allowed to play just 3 bowlers? :)) i havent read anything against this

I think it is allowed :))

It isn’t a bad idea at all if it is allowed.
[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] bhai could you confirm this?

I think it is allowed :))

It isn’t a bad idea at all if it is allowed.

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] bhai could you confirm this?
Sim needs atleast 4 bowlers for tests.

Am I batting at 7 because it's a spicy pitch?

Nope bro, that was just the preliminary squad. Will post the real lineup in the morning.

Also we are going to play on a dry pitch.

Good luck for the upcoming match :ba

Nope bro, that was just the preliminary squad. Will post the real lineup in the morning.

Also we are going to play on a dry pitch.

Good luck for the upcoming match :ba

Ah ok. Thanks, will hope to finally get some runs on the board!

Just posted the lineup.

Chosen for a double boost for Jadeja as it is a spinning pitch and we want to get results from the spinners.

Hopefully he won’t disappoint us :yk

Also have promoted [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] as an opener as we will have to shield our diamond’s so that they can make full use of their capabilities.
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] have a feeling you will come good on this pitch :))

Last but not the least - all the best team!

I’m impressed by the way we bounced back in the last match with our bowling performance.

We will have to replicate the same and I’m sure you all will do it for yourself and the team.

Let’s get it! :ik

Just posted the lineup.

Chosen for a double boost for Jadeja as it is a spinning pitch and we want to get results from the spinners.

Hopefully he won’t disappoint us :yk

Also have promoted [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] as an opener as we will have to shield our diamond’s so that they can make full use of their capabilities.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] have a feeling you will come good on this pitch :))

Last but not the least - all the best team!

I’m impressed by the way we bounced back in the last match with our bowling performance.

We will have to replicate the same and I’m sure you all will do it for yourself and the team.

Let’s get it! :ik

Great speech skip! Highly motivated and will perform great on the track :afridi

To be fair it’s a dry track and low support for seamers/swingers. But I will try my best :))

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] spicy pitch for game against the hawks do you think? Their team strategy works well on flat pitches but not as much on spicy

On top in the current game and so management already plotting the demise of our next victim :mush

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] I just noticed that sweep shot has only bowled 5 overs and the sim is preferring the top 2 bowlers — you and Jaddu. What if we play a batting AR in his position and also boost a pure batsman like [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION].

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] I just noticed that sweep shot has only bowled 5 overs and the sim is preferring the top 2 bowlers — you and Jaddu. What if we play a batting AR in his position and also boost a pure batsman like [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION].

[MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] bowled 18 overs if I’m not wrong.

We could play Jacques Kallis or [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] instead of him, however we would have to double boost the player so that he could be handy with the ball.

What I have noticed in the sim is that very often we see a low score which means the sim favors the batsmen...

So we have to make sure the bowlers are good going and not underpowered.

Hmm how about replace me with Kallis? At least we have another batting option this way. I have only bowled 15 overs and also on a spicy pitch Kallis won’t do too much worse than me. But he will definitely contribute 20 runs more at the very least with the bat.

Hmm how about replace me with Kallis? At least we have another batting option this way. I have only bowled 15 overs and also on a spicy pitch Kallis won’t do too much worse than me. But he will definitely contribute 20 runs more at the very least with the bat.

View attachment 101088

Yesterday’s match on a spicy pitch

Yes we could replace you with Kallis but it all depends on the ground characteristics and pitch type.

Let’s see what happens and then decide bro :sarf

Heartbreaking loss.

But we move.

On to the next match - against Lightning Hawks.

We are playing it on a spicy pitch.

Think we should go with this:

[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] (WK) (Super Batsman)

Feel free to give your opinion on it as next match is a must-win for us.

I like this, let’s go with it. Super batsmen seem to be working in the draft so far.

Although are you sure about not having even one 95 spinner?

I like this, let’s go with it. Super batsmen seem to be working in the draft so far.

Although are you sure about not having even one 95 spinner?

That’s a good idea to be honest.

So then we will have Jadeja on 95, me on 85, you on 75 and sweep_shot 65

As it is a spicy it will most probably offer something for the bowlers.

So boosting an extra bat wouldn’t do us any harm :afridi

That’s a good idea to be honest.

So then we will have Jadeja on 95, me on 85, you on 75 and sweep_shot 65

As it is a spicy it will most probably offer something for the bowlers.

So boosting an extra bat wouldn’t do us any harm :afridi

Definitely :salute

We haven’t been so good at defending totals so far :)) but yes let’s bat first since we did really well on days 1 and 3

Yeah man.

We choked two games which we shouldn’t.

Anyways heads up! We will bounce back!

Btw, I’m going to post the lineup then.

Let’s hope luck favors us tomorrow :moyo

:salute also let’s take a moment to appreciate our youngest player [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] being the highest run scorer. Excellent breakthrough on debut. :)

:salute also let’s take a moment to appreciate our youngest player [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] being the highest run scorer. Excellent breakthrough on debut. :)

Absolutely.

What a find. :14:

Last edited:

New sponsorship and ads deal just came in for you two [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION]

Tigers - great win today!

Congratulations all!
[MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] :14:

What an innings!

Also a special shout out to [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] - you bowled extremely well on a pitch which shouldn’t support you :salute

Now on to the next match... against Cerebral Assassins.

So what pitch are we choosing? [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Thinking about a dry pitch or a spicy one...

As CA have two diamond fast bowlers and they would have to choose two spinners because of our ground characteristics.

Let me know your opinion guys!

:salute I think we should go for spicy. Our bowlers outmatch easily on both dry and spicy pitches but they have a weakness with one less diamond batsman.

Also, they pulled off a magnificent chase against MisU on a dry pitch the other day and also put up an insane amount of runs on the board against Hawks in round 1 which ended up in a tied match. I think dry suits them as it conceals their weaker batting.

If we play spicy, they will have to make a tough decision :hasan between boosting a batsman and boosting a bowler. Either way, they lose :afridi What do you think?

Last edited:
:salute I think we should go for spicy. Our bowlers outmatch easily on both dry and spicy pitches but they have a weakness with one less diamond batsman.

Also, they pulled off a magnificent chase against MisU on a dry pitch the other day and also put up an insane amount of runs on the board against Hawks in round 1 which ended up in a tied match. I think dry suits them as it conceals their weaker batting.

If we play spicy, they will have to make a tough decision :hasan between boosting a batsman and boosting a bowler. Either way, they lose :afridi What do you think?

Yes I agree. Spicy also suits our combination :steyn

What about the playing XI?

The same which we used against LH?

Boosting [MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] did work out eventually.

Yes I agree. Spicy also suits our combination :steyn

What about the playing XI?

The same which we used against LH?

Boosting [MENTION=143916]CadPakFan[/MENTION] did work out eventually.

Yup same as LH I think. We will have one better bowler and one better batsman this way.

Let’s boost [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] this time instead of CadPakFan. He has showed his skill as our Rahul Dravid.

Yup same as LH I think. We will have one better bowler and one better batsman this way.

Let’s boost [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] this time instead of CadPakFan. He has showed his skill as our Rahul Dravid.

Hehehe okay bro :yuvi

Swap their positions though! Don’t want haris bhai running out of partners :stokes

Sounds good. Your boost distribution in the last was a masterstroke by the way :salute Very proud to serve under your captaincy

Sounds good. Your boost distribution in the last was a masterstroke by the way :salute Very proud to serve under your captaincy

:salute

I’m proud to have you all. Everyone has showed so much character after the first two matches.

Hopefully this is just the beginning!

Need your opinion on the lineup for next match!

Have chosen for a spicy one!

I think the lineup From last match was great. Maybe bat the 95 slightly higher up the order so that we don’t run out of partners? 4/5 max

I think the lineup From last match was great. Maybe bat the 95 slightly higher up the order so that we don’t run out of partners? 4/5 max

Yeah was thinking the same!

Should bat at 5 imo.

Okay bro thanks!

BTW- Eid Mubarak to everyone!

May you all have a good one with your loved ones :heart:

Back