Problem with Pakistan slip fielders in Test series against New Zealand

Legendary_Sage

First Class Player
Runs
we have already given smith one chance by not accepting the edge because slip was standing very deep.

I have seen it happen time and time again with pakistan slip fielders that a potential catch is missed . Commentators have mentioned that slips stand in relation to where keeper is standing so keeper is responsible for missed chance.

LS, our keepers stand too far back.

The slip fielders generally sort out their positioning based on where the keeper is stood.

Adnan, like his brother has been standing too far back in both tests.

The slip fielders generally sort out their positioning based on where the keeper is stood.

Well then..It's in the genes, I guess.

Thats true but still, our slip cordon does not allign themselves properly, as they should in a ring. It always seems as if they are trying to cover more area and leave gaps.

I agree. Its just to take some accountability off possible drops (they know their catching sucks) and blame the wicket being slow..

I disagree, younis and misbah are top slip fielders. but sli[s' position has to be determined by keepers' position, so it's adnan's fault. but this is a learning curve for him, these things will happen when have a different keeper every so often.

Yeah but surely with Waqars laptop, he can send a message out to Misbah to push Adnan up.

Blame goes on everyone involved [including the keeper].

Misbah is the captain and should be telling Adnan to move up. Of course, Adnan should be moving up himself knowing that standing too far back doesn't make sense on flat pitches. However, Adnan Akmal is not an experienced player and might need a little talk telling him to move up.

This talk doesn't have to come by Misbah. It can come by any other senior or even the coach.

These types of problems should not be occurring again and again. It illustrates a complete lack of communication between the skipper and his keeper. Let's see if Adnan learns something in the near future.

Blame goes on everyone involved [including the keeper].

Misbah is the captain and should be telling Adnan to move up. Of course, Adnan should be moving up himself knowing that standing too far back doesn't make sense on flat pitches. However, Adnan Akmal is not an experienced player and might need a little talk telling him to move up.

This talk doesn't have to come by Misbah. It can come by any other senior or even the coach.

These types of problems should not be occurring again and again. It illustrates a complete lack of communication between the skipper and his keeper. Let's see if Adnan learns something in the near future.

Great Analysis.

Really, my blood boils to see the mental intellect of our players, management, and coaches. Hard to believe these guys are backed up by 100 of played test games yet they are still unable to perceive a simply basic and logical perception ??

And another one

Mohammad Sami to Botha, no run, he continues to bother Botha with that away going delivery outside off, gets another edge that falls way short of the slips

^

I suppose they will never learn. :facepalm:

Its always better to see the ball go over you head instead of land in front of you.

Our team doesn't seem to have that concept down pat, yet.

Three edges have fallen short in 6 overs.
Abbas is bowling military medium. Just come up.

Back