Quaid-e-Azam Trophy final, HBL VS Karachi Blues

Xohaib

First Class Captain
Runs
Well the good news is that younis khan is playing for HBL and the other good news is that it will be televised live on Geo super.

Xohaib said:
Well the good news is that younis khan is playing for HBL and the other good news is that it will be televised live on Geo super.

When is the match?

Let me get this straight:
On domestic terms, is this the FINAL FINAL, as in, best team vs. second best team, then the winner wins the first-class competition or is it just the FINAL round of games?

CricnPak said:
On domestic terms, is this the FINAL FINAL, as in, best team vs. second best team, then the winner wins the first-class competition or is it just the FINAL round of games?

The ABSOLUTE final. Leader of Group A vs Leader of Group B.

Karachi Blues main players this season have been Tanvir Ahmed and Asad Shafiq. A lot will depend on those 2. Other familiar names in the Karachi team are Asim Kamal and Shahzaib Hasan.

HBL of course have a number of familiar names in their lineup including Taufeeq Umar, Shahid Nazir, Hasan Raza and perhaps Younus Khan.

Big score here + Double collapse in the 1st test = Younis fast tracked back into the team for the 2nd or 3rd test down under.

Saj said:
Karachi Blues main players this season have been Tanvir Ahmed and Asad Shafiq. A lot will depend on those 2. Other familiar names in the Karachi team are Asim Kamal and Shahzaib Hasan.

HBL of course have a number of familiar names in their lineup including Taufeeq Umar, Shahid Nazir, Hasan Raza and perhaps Younus Khan.

Come on Asad Shafiq! Show 'em what you can do.

CricnPak said:

Karachi Blues is NOT the 2nd best team. Team were divided into two groups. Group A consisted of much stronger departmental teams while Group B consisted of much weaker regional teams. Most of the players with international experience played in Group A;
Code:
[B]Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2009/10 [COLOR=Blue]Group A[/COLOR] Table[/B]
[B]			P	W	W-TF	WLF	L	DWF	DLF	ND	A	Pts	NetRRF[/B]
[B]1  Habib Bank [/B]	 	10	6	0	2	1	0	1	0	0	66	 0.631
2  Sui Northern  	10	4	0	2	2	0	2	0	0	48	 0.350
3  National Bank 	10	4	0	1	3	2	0	0	0	48	-0.074
4  PIA			10	4	0	0	2	3	1	0	0	45	 0.103
5  WAPDA		10	3	0	1	1	3	1	1	0	42	 0.061
6  Zarai Taraqiati Bank	10	3	0	1	2	3	0	1	0	42	 0.370
7  Karachi Whites	10	3	0	1	5	1	0	0	0	36	-0.218
8  Khan Research 	10	1	0	1	3	2	3	0	0	21	 0.044
9  Sui Southern 	10	1	0	0	4	1	4	0	0	12	-0.337
10 Pakistan Customs	10	1	0	0	9	0	0	0	0	9	-0.034
11 Lahore Shalimar	10	0	0	0	7	0	3	0	0	0	-0.895

[B]Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2009/10 [COLOR=Blue]Group B[/COLOR] Table[/B]
[B]   			P	W	W-TF	WLF	L	DWF	DLF	ND	A	Pts	NetRRF[/B]
[B]1  Karachi Blues[/B]	10	6	0	0	1	2	1	0	0	60	 0.022
2  Sialkot		10	4	0	1	1	3	1	0	0	51	 0.494
3  Rawalpindi		10	4	0	1	2	2	1	0	0	48	 0.494
4  Islamabad		10	4	0	0	3	1	2	0	0	39	 0.090
5  Multan		10	3	0	1	3	1	2	0	0	36	 0.097
6  Faisalabad		10	2	0	0	2	4	2	0	0	30	-0.111
7  Lahore Ravi		10	2	0	1	3	2	2	0	0	30	-0.285
8  Peshawar		10	2	0	0	5	0	3	0	0	18	-0.530
9  Hyderabad		10	1	0	0	5	3	1	0	0	18	-0.326
10 Quetta		10	1	0	1	5	0	3	0	0	15	 0.097
11 Abbottabad		10	1	0	0	5	2	2	0	0	15	-0.167

I went through the names in Group B and these are the players I found in Groups B with some international experience;
Abbotabad - None
Faisalabad - Navid Latif
Hyderabad - Faisal Athar
Karachi Blues - Asim Kamal, Mohammad Sami, Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hasan
Lahore Ravi - Junaid Zia
Multan - Abdur Rauf (only 3 matches)
Peshwar: Riaz Afridi (only 4 matches)
Quetta: None
Rawalpindi: None
Sialkot: Kamran Younis

So only 10 players in 11 teams in Group B . Four of them in one team - Karachi Blues.

Now compare this to just the names in this ONE match of Group A;
http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Pakistan/Scorecards/257/257351.html
11 players with international experience for just two teams.

Why do you think Karachi Blue is leading the Group B --- because of 4 international players.

There is certainly a huge difference of standards/talent in both Groups.

P.S. Karachi may end up giving tough time to Habib Bank or even beat Habib Bank but they are not better than top 4-5 teams in Group A.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how Shahzaib performs. He's been pretty aggressive thus far throughout this first class tournament and has achieved some success. InshAllah he can smash his way to a century or better.

i thought sami was already in australia so was surprised to see at the toss.....

ucilite said:
taufiq droppes a sitter in first slip....younis is standing in the 2nd slip
where are you watching the game?

oh. any way i can watch geo super online?

I was hoping to see Younus bat on day 1 because that way he could be withdrawn from the game (after making a good score of course) and sent to Aus in time for the first test. I know there are loads of ifs and buts there but I remain hopeful that the opposition are bowled out early and we get to see Younus bat asap.

Keep us updated guys.

Odd that Younus is standing at 2nd slip. The guy's probably the best slipper in the country.

tauseefm said:
i guess YK is playing which shuts his haters mouth for few days :13:
Mr Lover, I ain't his hater. He has really worked hard to win the title of Queen.

Afridi_Fan said:
Mr Lover, I ain't his hater. He has really worked hard to win the title of Queen.
Oh i wasn't pointing at u yaar. Lakin now i am thinking " chor ki :moyo main tinka" lol joking

kingusama92 said:
Keep us updated guys.

Odd that Younus is standing at 2nd slip. The guy's probably the best slipper in the country.

:yk is the best chitar in the country? haha

ucilite said:
i thought sami was already in australia so was surprised to see at the toss.....

Are you kidding? I thought he was already in the plane. Why delay?

IS he waiting for economical PIA (once a week) flight that makes 5 stops to reach Aus?

azfar wali said:
Sarmad anwar is bowling pretty quick but there are no speed guns

Plus he is getting an awkward bounce as well (due to his height),must be around 140k mark.

Afridi_Fan said:
I guess you think Imran Farhat is the best, right?

I wasn't actually talking about strength of his slip fielding, the guy said hes the best slipper, i just turned it into chitar (slipper = chitar). Thats all.

when you see players like Asim Kamal, toiling hard in domestic cricket and then you see Malik, Butt and Misbah, with **** technique playing as a test batsman, you just wonder what's wrong with merit in Piyarai Pakistan.

and whats the score now and can any body tell me the camera is moving around younis khan or not and what about his body language is he enthusiastic or noo

no live scorecard, thats a shame given that there is tv coverage you would think that that cricinfo or the PCB website would at least do that much!

seems like entire PP started watching the stream and server went down :( :(

Last edited:
googling another one right now. its 2:24 am and i still can't sleep :(

Who is batting first? I don't have time to go through the previous posts here. And what is the latest score? Is Younis playing?

IAJ said:
Who is batting first? I don't have time to go through the previous posts here. And what is the latest score? Is Younis playing?
Go through previous posts. We don't have time to post things time and again. And mate no attitude please.

Afridi_Fan said:
Go through previous posts. We don't have time to post things time and again. And mate no attitude please.

hum inkay naukar betha hain hehehehe

Last edited:
Afridi_Fan said:
I think because the Tv is in a seperate room. ;-)

no they are not seeing the match may be busy in their lives not time for ppers

let wait for the end of the day game

kamranO said:
hum iunkay naukar betha hain hehehehe
Its not like that. I would have updated him but the way he said he has no time that really just sounded arrogant.

Afridi_Fan said:

lols. funny guy. Khair, never mind, Allah is the greatest.

Afridi_Fan said:
Its not like that. I would have updated him but the way he said he has no time that really just sounded arrogant.

he has to wait if he can,t see the old post

i think domestic games has lost its charm. no body is interested to move his finger to update the score or can simply copy paste

Afridi_Fan said:
No doubt Allah is The Greatest. And whats so funny about me?

because may be he think u r a small kid hehehhe as per your avatar

Last edited:
Back