Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to Buy mongoose Bat

The-Mongoose-cricket-bat-003.jpg

http://www.mongoosecricket.com/cor-flash

Last edited:
Hi guys. Im posting pictures of my new bat i got a couple of days ago :yk
Btw i think my brother "Ali Raja" has mentioned it on this thread.

Attachments

• DSCN45261.jpg
    DSCN45261.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 775
  • DSCN4519sadsad.jpg
    DSCN4519sadsad.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 721
  • DSCN4521sasasasas.jpg
    DSCN4521sasasasas.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 775
  • DSCN4523japjapja.jpg
    DSCN4523japjapja.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 760
  • DSCN4526dededede.jpg
    DSCN4526dededede.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 665
Last edited:
ca_gold Bhai, xkalibur80 Bhai, crickter13 Bhai and others do you know if there is a scuff sheet that covers the whole front of the bat? I don't want to apply two scuff sheets with joints instead I am looking for one which would apply to whole face.

Do you know if anyone has it in Mississauga or Toronto or any website?

JazakAllah Khair

ca_gold Bhai, xkalibur80 Bhai, crickter13 Bhai and others do you know if there is a scuff sheet that covers the whole front of the bat? I don't want to apply two scuff sheets with joints instead I am looking for one which would apply to whole face.

JazakAllah Khair

For whole face toe to collar ?? if you want a transparent one that can be applied from toe to nearly where the handle ends.

upfront-cricket-academy-fibreglass-scuff-sheet-to-protect-willow-cricket-bats.jpg

comparable to this size let me know I can send it to you I have plenty of them.

that is a solid look bat for a 250. where did he get it?

Thanx Cover Drive. Bought it from 3D SPORTS in UK, price of the bat was very reasonable. I ordered a 2.6-2.7 but it feels more like 2.8.

The pick-up is great, and the weight is evenly spread on the bat. Have knocked it a couple of times with a mallet and an old ball, and the "ping" feels good.

Havent tried it in the nets yet, must wait to april/may 2011 :inti

JazakAllah Khair

why would you do that though? your technique/timing must be really off if your hitting the splice that often? :ibutt

why would you do that though? your technique/timing must be really off if your hitting the splice that often? :ibutt

Its not about technique or timing whatsoever. It's just that I want to apply this to MB LE. Since it's front is painted the paint will come off if the ball hit that zone. Regardlss how good player you are the ball still manages to strike near slice area. I just dint want paint to come off because it ruins the look :).

Dhump Bhai, yes from shoulders to toe.

I didn't even know that such a sheet existed...but I guess Dhump has solved that issue....speaking of scuff sheets - Rehan, the one that you had applied on my 335GT, did the bat come with it? It is not the fibreglass one but the transparent one.

Newbery bats scuff sheet is called 'Hammer Edge' and they are one of the best in the market. The edges have fibretech and face has glossy sheet. Actually it's an additional service which is called 'Hammer Edge Treatment' in which bat is knocked, oiled, scuff sheet an toe guard has been applied, it cost £25.

Hope it helps!

Found a place selling Oakley factory seconds for a rather low price, lawd I want some Jawbones.

The paint also tends to come off while putting the bat in the bag and if you drop it on the floor. Also it comes off if you jam the bat against the pad.

Not sure who had been following Faysal Bank T20 tournament but if did then you must have noticed that players like Yousuf and few others had some random stickers on there bats (Meat One) on the front and on back it was Millat Sports sticker. To me it looked that they were using Millat Sports bat.

So my question is that why do they use these bats and not there proper (international match) bats? Why wasn't Yousuf using GN?

Or was it that Yousuf GN bat is actually made by Millat Sports?

Not sure who had been following Faysal Bank T20 tournament but if did then you must have noticed that players like Yousuf and few others had some random stickers on there bats (Meat One) on the front and on back it was Millat Sports sticker. To me it looked that they were using Millat Sports bat.

So my question is that why do they use these bats and not there proper (international match) bats? Why wasn't Yousuf using GN?

Or was it that Yousuf GN bat is actually made by Millat Sports?

I noticed the same thing. The sticker on Yousuf's bat was way too ugly, 'Meat One'? As far as I know Yousuf is sponsored by GN, but does that apply in domestic-cricket also or only international? Maybe they can use whatever they want for domestic-matches. Today Afridi was wearing Ihsan Inferno 950-gloves, did anyone else notice? And also I haven't seen Fawad use his Boom Boom-gloves.

Yes, I did notice that Afridi later started to use Inferno 950 gloves, Fawad used some random gloves and Abdul RazAq used AS G200 gloves.

Only Umar Akmal used GM gloves and bat.

SSami mate have you used 808 level gloves? If so is the protection exactly like Original Limited Edition?

Many players were using Millat-bats, like Nasir Jamshed, Ahmed Shehzad and Khurram Manzoor.

Except for the Stallions of Sialkot, not many players where seen using CA. Most players were using smaller brands like Millat, House of Cricket, AJ, HS, AM, AS and so on.

Yes, I did notice that Afridi later started to use Inferno 950 gloves, Fawad used some random gloves and Abdul RazAq used AS G200 gloves.

SSami mate have you used 808 level gloves? If so is the protection exactly like Original Limited Edition?

Razzaq seems to love his AS-equipment, he will use it no matter what...:ibutt

I guess one of the reason why most players from Lahore were using 'Millat Sports' could be that they were sponsored by them in this tournament. Also why Millat Sports bats are Being used by Lahore players is that Millat Sport is in Lahore.

I am still quite certain that Abdul Razzaq bats are made by AS.

I guess one of the reason why most players from Lahore were using 'Millat Sports' could be that they were sponsored by them in this tournament. Also why Millat Sports bats are Being used by Lahore players is that Millat Sport is in Lahore.

I am still quite certain that Abdul Razzaq bats are made by AS.

They definately are.

Attachments

• razz.jpg
    razz.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
Hey guys AOA!

Im going to be buying a new bat from pakistan, pretty soon. So i just needed some feedback on a couple of bats. Out of the four which bat do u guys think is the best for middle order batting. So i have to slog sometimes and other times just play normally. The ones im looking at are:

CA 12000
Ihsan Inferno 950
AS V3
MB Malik Bubber Sher

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure the 808s have the same level of foam bolstering on the lead fingers of the bottom hand. Top hand doesn't have the one piece sidebar either. Other than that, they're pretty good, I know someone who had this year's 808s and liked them a fair bit.

I'm not sure the 808s have the same level of foam bolstering on the lead fingers of the bottom hand. Top hand doesn't have the one piece sidebar either. Other than that, they're pretty good, I know someone who had this year's 808s and liked them a fair bit.

Ah okay.

i saw Cricketsupplies letting this years 808 for 20 quids which I found decent for 808 gloves.

oh have you ever worn or used Salix gloves? If so how are they?

Hey guys AOA!

Im going to be buying a new bat from pakistan, pretty soon. So i just needed some feedback on a couple of bats. Out of the four which bat do u guys think is the best for middle order batting. So i have to slog sometimes and other times just play normally. The ones im looking at are:

CA 12000
Ihsan Inferno 950
AS V3
MB Malik Bubber Sher

Thanks in advance.

Walakiumasalam Brother,

Apart from the bat sometime it also depends on your budget. So whats your budget mate?

Ah okay I have heard they are really good gloves so I thought I would ask you.

How about Salix bats? Have you used one? How good are they?

Thanks though!

Never used one myself, but the ones I've seen in the hands of people I've played against certainly go.

Walakiumasalam Brother,

Apart from the bat sometime it also depends on your budget. So whats your budget mate?

My budget is up to 12000 rupees. I was researching and i was under the impression that all of these bats are under 12000. Am i correct in saying that?

My budget is up to 12000 rupees. I was researching and i was under the impression that all of these bats are under 12000. Am i correct in saying that?

AS bats are quite cheap compared to other bats, and they are really good. You will surely get an AS V3 with your budget, not sure about AS V10. I have V3 and CA 12000, both are very good bats! Also had a Malik Sher (Afridi used to have), nice bat too. So I think you will get a very good bat no matter which one of the 4 you choose.

Your decision should be dictated by where you want your sweetspot to be, since all bats are of the highest quality.

Hey guys AOA!

CA 12000
Ihsan Inferno 950
AS V3
MB Malik Bubber Sher

Thanks in advance.
Brother

Quality wise CA Plus 12000 is best bat from these bats,
Price wise AS V3 is best bat from these bats.

Not CA Plus Bat not under Rs.12000
if you want to buy bat under 12000 then you can buy Bubber Sher and AS V10 from any where in Pakistan.

Nope, CA 12000 Plus cost around Rs. 14000 and same applies for Ihsan Inferno 950.

I have seen or used all (if not then most) of the bats you have mentioned. So from your above list and the one which falls in your budget would be AS V10. I would suggest you to buy AS V10 as AS bats are best Asian bats for its value.

Few reasons why I like AS v3 and V10 is because it has long driving area, pickup is feather light, good balance etc. It is also a good bat from slogging as well.

However, if you can afford CA 12000 Plus or even Bubber Sher Limited Edition (not the regular Bubber Sher) then I would say buy one of these. Personally I didn't like Regular Bubber Sher much as it doesn't goes well for me. However, Bubber Sher Limited Edition and CA 12000 Plus are really quality bats.

The golden rule is that go to the store and try all the bats out (if you can). In other words, hold each and every bat and see how it feels in oyur hand because you will be using the bat not me. If a bat feels good in my hand then its not necessary that it will feel good in your hand as well.

Hope it helps!

If you still haveany question please don't hesitate asking.

Ok so I will try both the AS and CA bats and see which one suits me better. Thanks for the detailed replies guys, really appreciate it.

I have seen or used all (if not then most) of the bats you have mentioned. So from your above list and the one which falls in your budget would be AS V10. I would suggest you to buy AS V10 as AS bats are best Asian bats for its value.

how can you be so sure of that unless you have extensively used the bats mentioned?

i'd go to store, pick up a bunch and see which feels the best in your hand & within budget, rather than rely solely on a bat you've been told is the best for you on a forum.

how can you be so sure of that unless you have extensively used the bats mentioned?

i'd go to store, pick up a bunch and see which feels the best in your hand & within budget, rather than rely solely on a bat you've been told is the best for you on a forum.

I have used AS V3 whereas I have breifly held AS V10 (of cricketer13 bhai's). V10 is pretty much like V3 but a better quality bat and there isn't much of a difference between these two.

I have used AS V3 whereas I have breifly held AS V10 (of cricketer13 bhai's). V10 is pretty much like V3 but a better quality bat and there isn't much of a difference between these two.

Did not know you had a V3, Cover Drive:)

How was it to play with?

According to my point of view AS sports not changed price of AS V3 and introduced new sticker or brand as like other bat manufacturers or competitors.
so not much difference old V3 and new V-10 but AS bats are better then other bats in same prices.

According to my point of view AS sports not changed price of AS V3 and introduced new sticker or brand as like other bat manufacturers or competitors.
so not much difference old V3 and new V-10 but AS bats are better then other bats in same prices.

I agree! I remember when AS did not have V10, V3 used to go for Rs. 8300 whereas now with V10 being Rs. 10,000 V3 is still around Rs. 8000 mark.

He never used actual Boom Boom bats as Boom Boom don't make bats. ofcourse they are stickered.

When I got my bats from MB Malik the owner who I told my specifications assured me that Afridi bats are made by MB Malik. So I guess he was right.

Apart from the bat the pads are of CA.

He never used actual Boom Boom bats as Boom Boom don't make bats. ofcourse they are stickered.

When I got my bats from MB Malik the owner who I told my specifications assured me that Afridi bats are made by MB Malik. So I guess he was right.

Apart from the bat the pads are of CA.

Which gloves is he using?

Boom Boom is just over hyped....you are really paying for the name.

You pay for the name everywhere basically. Somone was telling me the other day that top cleft cost around 42 Pounds for AS people including everything (shipping, imports etc). Rest is all markup and profit.

If I remember correctly English Willow cleft cost less than 20 Pounds in UK.

Sure you do.....but the difference here is that you can pick up an Ihsan 950 for Rs5000 less than a 5 star Boom Boom bat and both are manufactured by the same company.

Sure you do.....but the difference here is that you can pick up an Ihsan 950 for Rs5000 less than a 5 star Boom Boom bat and both are manufactured by the same company.

I know where you are coming from. I guess Boom Boom is doing that because they find themself an England based Pakistani brand, hence, a increase in price.

Because if you see SS make softs for Newbery, Salix and many more whereas there gloves prices are almost double than SS's.

There's a markup because the manufacturer wants a cut, the brand and then a retailer. Brands like SS or smaller UK brands cut out at least one of those men, hence the lower price.

G1 Cleft is £35 but bear in mind you need someone to craft it and then you have handles, stickers etc. With anything you buy the raw materials and it gets sold for a lot more, how much do Monster headphones cost to make? No more than £10.00. Did you think the Armani tshirt costs anything like £60 to make either?

There's a markup because the manufacturer wants a cut, the brand and then a retailer. Brands like SS or smaller UK brands cut out at least one of those men, hence the lower price.

G1 Cleft is £35 but bear in mind you need someone to craft it and then you have handles, stickers etc. With anything you buy the raw materials and it gets sold for a lot more, how much do Monster headphones cost to make? No more than £10.00. Did you think the Armani tshirt costs anything like £60 to make either?

Top post Tom!

Just a question that if we compare Salix and Newbery. Pod 1 cost around £250 whereas SPS cost around £200 so why is there a difference? I mean the manufacturer of Pod One will be the Andrew who owns Salix and Tim who is now owner of Newbery.

By the way, Monster headphones are quite cheap as they break easily lol.

Btw bro I'll recieve the SS Ton Saurav Ganguly bat on friday. Master Entertainer Nice kook blade 250 looks v similar to mine.

Last edited:
So does Boom Boom make gloves? Or are they stickered too? lol

lol bhai I don't think its possible to sticker gloves. Usually players if they are wearing other brand gloves then they will tape the brand or logo name.

Nevertheless, they are genuine Boom Boom gloves which are made by Ihsan.

How about you Decipher? Where do you play? Also which bats do you have?

Good work guys this thread has alot of information.

I don't play for any particular team or club.
Sir, I am just a student of the game who would like to learn from friends like Majid who must be a very, very good class batsman.
I don't have any bat, usually team mates lend me one to play with. :)

I don't play for any particular team or club.
Sir, I am just a student of the game who would like to learn from friends like Majid who must be a very, very good class batsman.
I don't have any bat, usually team mates lend me one to play with. :)

Uhmm when I was lurking on the forums before making an account and I think I read you saying you had couple of high end bats such as Laver, Redback, Joker etc

http://www.playersedgesports.com.au/Kookaburra-Ice-450-Bat-'10_pid1670.aspx

# The Choice of Mike Hussey, Steven Davies, Jamie How, Tim Ambrose and Jamie Dalrymple
# Expansive Driver
# Sub Continent Super Bow
# Large Dynamic Power shaped face
# Naturally 'Air Dried' Willow
# 12 Piece 'Power Drive' Sarawak Cane Handle.
# Oval Handle
# White Octopus Grip and Black Toe Guard
# Pre knocked in
# Quality unbleached English Willow.
# Available in Short Handle
# 2lb 7 - 2lb 10 1/2 oz
# Grade 3 English Willow

Top post Tom!

Just a question that if we compare Salix and Newbery. Pod 1 cost around £250 whereas SPS cost around £200 so why is there a difference? I mean the manufacturer of Pod One will be the Andrew who owns Salix and Tim who is now owner of Newbery.

By the way, Monster headphones are quite cheap as they break easily lol.
Naturally there will be some deviation in prices as each brand seeks their own positioning, Salix try to be the Rolls Royce of cricket bats whereas Newbery are a peg down.

Ah okay, got it.

I haven't seen or used any Salix but are they really better than Newbery or they are in same category?

Salix bats are much better. Earlier this season I was about to buy NEwbery Test pads but didnt coz the straps on the pads were way 2 long. Now I can modify the straps, do u think I should buy them now or just forget abt them?

Last edited:
Uhmm when I was lurking on the forums before making an account and I think I read you saying you had couple of high end bats such as Laver, Redback, Joker etc

me ??? Na brother ... I am not that high class of a player (like our Majid Bhai) to use such kind of high end stuff.

Seems like u got me mixed with Uncle Sam who hasn't been here for ages. He had some extra ordinary stuff.

Just saw the new mongoose 2011 everthing looks amazing, pads are much better then last year and gloves seem nice 2. Stickers and profile of the normal size bats are very good. Are mongoose top of range gloves available in youth sizes?

You have SS pads which are exactly like Newbery pads whereas both are made at same place then why do you need Newbery pads?

Mongoose 2011 looks beautiful and seems like Mongoose has improved significantly. In 4-5 years I wouldn't be surprised to see Mongoose among top companies as they are improving and signing new players day by day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back